PDA

View Full Version : Gunther's Tuesday Press Conference...

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:49 PM
From Greg Hall of sportswaves.com:

Gunther met with the media Tuesday morning for a short press conference. That was highly entertaining. It was full of BS, but it was entertaining.<P>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:49 PM
• "I think the greatest thing about Elvis is he's growing his beard and he competed."
Gunther Cunningham, Metro Sports
GH: How about we get a QB whose best attribute isn't his beard? What else do you expect to hear from a guy who gets an hour and a half of sleep per night?<P>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:50 PM
• "I watched the Jets and Patriots game (on MNF) too, and obviously closed my eyes before it was over."
GH: Translation: "Rene! Where did you hide my damn smelling salts!"<P>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:51 PM
• "One thing that hasn't shown up on our football team both on the staff and the players is frustration."
GH: Translation: "We've got a rat in the locker room and Carl is phoning me on the sideline in front of the media but we're not frustrated in the least."<BR>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:51 PM
• "I think it's only a matter of time before we put the team on the field that we want and our fans can be proud of."
GH: Translation: "I'm getting fired for Christmas."

<BR>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:52 PM
• "I feel confident with (Jimmy Raye) calling the plays."
GH: Translation: "If you're curious as to why I'm getting canned, this is why."<BR>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:52 PM
• "I'm probably having more fun than I've had since I've been a head coach."
GH: Translation: "Hey, I sniff smelling salts to get high!"<BR>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:53 PM
• "We're plus four in give-away/take aways, which is always a positive here in Kansas City."
GH: Translation: "Who cares if we're 0-2, look at our GATA ratio! And how about that beard Elvis is sprouting?"<BR>

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:53 PM
• "It's great. He's looking for the ball more and more every week."
Gunther Cunningham, on Tony Gonzalez, Metro Sports
GH: Translation: "We're not throwing the ball to him, but he's doing a helluva job looking for it."

• "If I used the word 'frustration,' I'd be wrong." Gunther Cunningham, on Metro Sports

GH: Yeah, but you'd be describing the Chiefs' fans perfectly.

Duck Dog
09-12-2000, 05:55 PM
Now I know why we are 0-2... Are there any further doubts? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif