PDA

View Full Version : The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it)

Pages : [1] 2

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 11:31 AM
I thought this was a hilarious, frazod-like rant.

http://www.kimdutoit.com/index.htm

The Pussification Of The Western Male

We have become a nation of women.

It wasn't always this way, of course. There was a time when men put their signatures to a document, knowing full well that this single act would result in their execution if captured, and in the forfeiture of their property to the State. Their wives and children would be turned out by the soldiers, and their farms and businesses most probably given to someone who didn't sign the document.

There was a time when men went to their certain death, with expressions like "You all can go to hell. I'm going to Texas." (Davy Crockett, to the House of Representatives, before going to the Alamo.)

There was a time when men went to war, sometimes against their own families, so that other men could be free. And there was a time when men went to war because we recognized evil when we saw it, and knew that it had to be stamped out.

There was even a time when a President of the United States threatened to punch a man in the face and kick him in the balls, because the man had the temerity to say bad things about the President's daughter's singing.

We're not like that anymore.

Now, little boys in grade school are suspended for playing cowboys and Indians, cops and crooks, and all the other familiar variations of "good guy vs. bad guy" that helped them learn, at an early age, what it was like to have decent men hunt you down, because you were a lawbreaker.

Now, men are taught that violence is bad -- that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to "give him what he wants", instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands.

Now, men's fashion includes not a man dressed in a three-piece suit, but a tight sweater worn by a man with breasts.

Now, warning labels are indelibly etched into gun barrels, as though men have somehow forgotten that guns are dangerous things.

Now, men are given Ritalin as little boys, so that their natural aggressiveness, curiosity and restlessness can be controlled, instead of nurtured and directed.

And finally, our President, who happens to have been a qualified fighter pilot, lands on an aircraft carrier wearing a flight suit, and is immediately dismissed with words like "swaggering", "macho" and the favorite epithet of Euro girly-men, "cowboy". Of course he was bound to get that reaction -- and most especially from the Press in Europe, because the process of male pussification Over There is almost complete.

How did we get to this?

In the first instance, what we have to understand is that America is first and foremost, a culture dominated by one figure: Mother. It wasn't always so: there was a time when it was Father who ruled the home, worked at his job, and voted.

But in the twentieth century, women became more and more involved in the body politic, and in industry, and in the media -- and mostly, this has not been a good thing. When women got the vote, it was inevitable that government was going to become more powerful, more intrusive, and more "protective" (ie. more coddling), because women are hard-wired to treasure security more than uncertainty and danger. It was therefore inevitable that their feminine influence on politics was going to emphasize (lowercase "s") social security.

I am aware of the fury that this statement is going to arouse, and I don't care a fig.

What I care about is the fact that since the beginning of the twentieth century, there has been a concerted campaign to denigrate men, to reduce them to figures of fun, and to render them impotent, figuratively speaking.

I'm going to illustrate this by talking about TV, because TV is a reliable barometer of our culture.

In the 1950s, the TV Dad was seen as the lovable goofball -- perhaps the beginning of the trend -- BUT he was still the one who brought home the bacon, and was the main source of discipline (think of the line: "Wait until your father gets home!").

From that, we went to this: the Cheerios TV ad.

Now, for those who haven't seen this piece of shit, I'm going to go over it, from memory, because it epitomizes everything I hate about the campaign to pussify men. The scene opens at the morning breakfast table, where the two kids are sitting with Dad at the table, while Mom prepares stuff on the kitchen counter. The dialogue goes something like this:

Little girl (note, not little boy): Daddy, why do we eat Cheerios?
Dad: Because they contain fiber, and all sorts of stuff that's good for the heart. I eat it now, because of that.
LG: Did you always eat stuff that was bad for your heart, Daddy?
Dad (humorously): I did, until I met your mother.
Mother (not humorously): Daddy did a lot of stupid things before he met your mother.

Now, every time I see that TV ad, I have to be restrained from shooting the TV with a .45 Colt. If you want a microcosm of how men have become less than men, this is the perfect example.

What Dad should have replied to Mommy's little dig: Yes, Sally, that's true: I did do a lot of stupid things before I met your mother. I even slept with your Aunt Ruth a few times, before I met your mother.

That's what I would have said, anyway, if my wife had ever attempted to castrate me in front of the kids like that. But that's not what men do, of course. What this guy is going to do is smile ruefully, finish his cereal, and then go and **** his secretary, who doesn't try to cut his balls off on a daily basis. Then, when the affair is discovered, people are going to rally around the castrating bitch called his wife, and call him all sorts of names. He'll lose custody of his kids, and they will be brought up by our ultimate modern-day figure of sympathy: The Single Mom.

You know what? Some women deserve to be single moms.

When I first started this website, I think my primary aim was to blow off steam at the stupidity of our society.

Because I have fairly set views on what constitutes right and wrong, I have no difficulty in calling Bill Clinton, for example, a ****ing liar and hypocrite.

But most of all, I do this website because I love being a man. Amongst other things, I talk about guns, self-defense, politics, beautiful women, sports, warfare, hunting, and power tools -- all the things that being a man entails. All this stuff gives me pleasure.

And it doesn't take much to see when all the things I love are being threatened: for instance, when Tim Allen's excellent comedy routine on being a man is reduced to a ****ing sitcom called Home Improvement. The show should have been called Man Improvement, because that's what every single plotline entailed: turning a man into a "better" person, instead of just leaving him alone to work on restoring the vintage sports car in his garage. I stopped watching the show after about four episodes.

("The Man Show" was better, at least for the first season -- men leering at chicks, men ****ing around with ridiculous games like "pin the bra on the boobies", men having beer-drinking competitions, and women on trampolines. Excellent stuff, only not strong enough. I don't watch it anymore, either, because it's plain that the idea has been subverted by girly-men, and turned into a parody of itself.)

Finally, we come to the TV show which to my mind epitomizes everything bad about what we have become: Queer Eye For The Straight Guy. Playing on the homo Bravo Channel, this piece of excrement has taken over the popular culture by storm (and so far, the only counter has been the wonderful South Park episode which took it apart for the bullshit it is).

I'm sorry, but the premise of the show nauseates me. A bunch of homosexuals trying to "improve" ordinary men into something "better" (ie. more acceptable to women): changing the guy's clothes, his home decor, his music -- for ****'s sake, what kind of girly-man would allow these simpering butt-bandits to change his life around?

Yes, the men are, by and large, slobs. Big ****ing deal. Last time I looked, that's normal. Men are slobs, and that only changes when women try to civilize them by marriage. That's the natural order of things.

You know the definition of homosexual men we used in Chicago? "Men with small dogs who own very tidy apartments."

Real men, on the other hand, have big ****ing mean-ass dogs: Rhodesian ridgebacks, bull terriers and Rottweilers, or else working dogs like pointers or retrievers which go hunting with them and slobber all over the furniture.

Women own lapdogs.

Which is why women are trying to get dog-fighting and cock-fighting banned -- they'd ban boxing too, if they could -- because it's "mean and cruel". No shit, Shirley. Hell, I don't like the idea of fighting dogs, either, but I don't have a problem with men who do. Dogs and cocks fight. So do men. No wonder we have an affinity for it.

My website has become fairly popular with men, and in the beginning, this really surprised me, because I didn't think I was doing anything special.

That's not what I think now. I must have had well over five thousand men write to me to say stuff like "Yes! I agree! I was so angry when I read about [insert atrocity of choice], but I though I was the only one."

No, you're not alone, my friend, and nor am I.

Out there, there is a huge number of men who are sick of it. We're sick of being made figures of fun and ridicule; we're sick of having girly-men like journalists, advertising agency execs and movie stars decide on "what is a man"; we're sick of women treating us like children, and we're really ****ing sick of girly-men politicians who pander to women by passing an ever-increasing raft of Nanny laws and regulations (the legal equivalent of public-school Ritalin), which prevent us from hunting, racing our cars and motorcycles, smoking, flirting with women at the office, getting into fistfights over women, shooting criminals and doing all the fine things which being a man entails.

When Annika Sorenstam was allowed to play in that tournament on the men's PGA tour, all the men should have refused to play -- Vijay Singh was the only one with balls to stand up for a principle, and he was absolutely excoriated for being a "chauvinist". Bullshit. He wasn't a chauvinist, he was being a man. All the rest of the players -- Woods, Mickleson, the lot -- are girls by comparison. And, needless to say, Vijay isn't an American, nor a European, which is probably why he still has a pair hanging between his legs, and they're not hanging on the wall as his wife's trophy.

**** this, I'm sick of it.

I don't see why I should put up with this bullshit any longer -- hell, I don't see why any man should put up with this bullshit any longer.

I don't see why men should have become feminized, accept that we allowed it to happen -- and you know why we let it happen? Because it's goddamned easier to do so. Unfortunately, we've allowed it to go too far, and our maleness has become too pussified for words.

At this point, I could have gone two ways: the first would be to say, "...and I don't know if we'll get it back. The process has become too entrenched, the cultural zeitgeist of men as girls has become part of the social fabric, and there's not much we can do about it."

But I'm not going to do that. To quote John Belushi (who was, incidentally, a real man and not a ****ing woman): "Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Well, I'm not going to quit. **** that. One of the characteristics of the non-pussified man (and this should strike fear into the hearts of women and girly-men everywhere) is that he never quits just because the odds seem overwhelming. Omaha Beach, guys.

I want a real man as President -- not Al Gore, who had to hire a consultant to show him how to be an Alpha male, and french-kiss his wife on live TV to "prove" to the world that he was a man, when we all knew that real men don't have to do that shit.

And I want the Real Man President to surround himself with other Real Men, like Rumsfeld, and Ashcroft, and yes, Rice (who is more of a Real Man than those asswipes Colin Powell and Norman Mineta).

I want our government to be more like Dad -- kind, helpful, but not afraid to punish us when we **** up, instead of helping us excuse our actions.

I want our government of real men to start rolling back the Nanny State, in all its horrible manifestations of over-protectiveness, intrusiveness and "Mommy Knows Best What's Good For You" regulations.

I want our culture to become more male -- not the satirical kind of male, like The Man Show, or the cartoonish figures of Stallone, Van Damme or Schwartzenegger. (Note to the Hollywood execs: We absolutely ****ing loathe chick movies about feelings and relationships and all that feminine jive. We want more John Waynes, Robert Mitchums, Bruce Willises, and Clint Eastwoods. Never mind that it's simplistic -- we like simple, we are simple, we are men -- our lives are uncomplicated, and we like it that way. We Were Soldiers was a great movie, and you know why? Because you could have cut out all the female parts, and it still would have been a great movie, because it was about Real Men. Try cutting out all the female parts in a Woody Allen movie -- you'd end up with the opening and closing credits.)

I want our literature to become more male, less female. Men shouldn't buy "self-help" books unless the subject matter is car maintenance, golf swing improvement or how to disassemble a ****ing Browning BAR. We don't improve ourselves, we improve our stuff.

And finally, I want men everywhere to going back to being Real Men. To open doors for women, to drive fast cars, to smoke cigars after a meal, to get drunk occasionally and, in the words of Col. Jeff Cooper, one of the last of the Real Men: "to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth."

In every sense of the word. We know what the word "is" means.

Because that's all that being a Real Man involves. You don't have to become a ****ing cartoon male, either: I'm not going back to stoning women for adultery like those Muslim assholes do, nor am I suggesting we support that perversion of being a Real Man, gangsta rap artists (those ****ing pussies -- they wouldn't last thirty seconds against a couple of genuine tough guys that I know).

Speaking of rap music, do you want to know why more White boys buy that crap than Black boys do? You know why rape is such a problem on college campuses? Why binge drinking is a problem among college freshmen?

It's a reaction: a reaction against being pussified. And I understand it, completely. Young males are aggressive, they do fight amongst themselves, they are destructive, and all this does happen for a purpose.

Because only the strong men propagate.

And women know it. You want to know why I know this to be true? Because powerful men still attract women. Women, even liberal women, swooned over George Bush in a naval aviator's uniform. Donald Trump still gets access to some of the most beautiful pussy available, despite looking like a medieval gargoyle. Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could **** 90% of all women over 50 if he wanted to, and a goodly portion of younger ones too.

And he won't. Because Rummy's been married to the same woman for fifty years, and he wouldn't toss that away for a quickie. He's a Real Man. No wonder the Euros hate and fear him.

We'd better get more like him, we'd better become more like him, because if we don't, men will become a footnote to history.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 11:51 AM
I agree with some of this for sure. It would have been better if they had left a lot of the politics out of it though.

Delano
11-06-2003, 11:55 AM
I stopped reading after, "We'd better get more like him, we'd better become more like him, because if we don't, men will become a footnote to history."

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 11:59 AM
I stopped reading after, "We'd better get more like him, we'd better become more like him, because if we don't, men will become a footnote to history."

:LOL:

I'm betting most folks will be like you.

Rausch
11-06-2003, 12:00 PM
THANK YOU!

CirclingWagons
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Did George Carlin write that?....Pussification is a Carlin word

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 12:10 PM
Isn't this what Rush was lamenting against...

the 'metrosexual male?'

Rush better hope the male legal entities deciding his case have 'sensitive' tendencies otherwise his arse might be in with other 'real men' in the tank.

Delano
11-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Most men have been "lamenting" against metrosexuals ever since this term was coined. The comic strip "Mallard Fillmore" has been poking fun at these sort of people for the last week.

If the people deciding Rush's case can't look past his political leanings, they have no business doing what they do.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 12:22 PM

the 'metrosexual male?'

Rush better hope the male legal entities deciding his case have 'sensitive' tendencies otherwise his arse might be in with other 'real men' in the tank.

Here comes the original "REAL MAN" hater. If she had it her way she would emasculate every man alive.

Clint in Wichita
11-06-2003, 12:34 PM

the 'metrosexual male?'

I bet Rush would suck penis for a few thousand oxycontin (sp?) pills.

KC Dan
11-06-2003, 12:36 PM
As I get older & see more and more changes (detrimental) to our society my long standing response to my spouse & close friends as to why crime, divorce increases, single parenting, and many other societal downtrends has been:
The Amendment to give women the right to vote and women working for men during WWII started this society's downslide.

It used to be my big joke when younger but sadly as the years pass by, I may be starting to think and believe that it really isn't a joke and more the truth.

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Naw, it was Ted Nugent.

I thought it was Denis Leary. I'll have to go re-check that e-mail.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Here comes the original "REAL MAN" hater. If she had it her way she would emasculate every man alive.

No way. Nothing more sexy than a confident and secure man who has a good balance between his 'he man' and 'she man'...that whole yin/yang energy in balance.

Calcountry
11-06-2003, 12:56 PM
OOO OOO, you better go give him some ritalin for posting that.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 01:00 PM
No way. Nothing more sexy than a confident and secure man who has a good balance between his 'he man' and 'she man'...that whole yin/yang energy in balance.

So a real man that is in touch with his feminine side? riiiigghht. ROFL

|Zach|
11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
I found this whole piece to be pretty stupid.

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 01:13 PM

Nobody asked you. Shouldn't you be in class? ;)

|Zach|
11-06-2003, 01:14 PM
Nobody asked you. Shouldn't you be in class? ;)

I just got back from all my fancy book lernin.

:p

Boozer
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I just got back from all my fancy book lernin.

:p

You should get a refund. That's spelled "larnin'." Get it right.

Baby Lee
11-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Show me a man in touch with the feminine side, and I'll show you guy with a girfriend who is ****ing his best friend in 6 months.

|Zach|
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Sweet, I have figured it out. To be a man I should fight people to make them respect me.

Errr...maybe I will read the cliff's notes or something.

Otter
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_2/images/movie-fight-club.jpg

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
Sweet, I have figured it out. To be a man I should fight people to make them respect me.

Errr...maybe I will read the cliff's notes or something.

So put 'em up, girly boy!

http://www.icrda.org/boxer.jpg

jcl-kcfan2
11-06-2003, 02:09 PM

ya freakin wierdo!!!

Talisman
11-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Now, little boys in grade school are suspended for playing cowboys and Indians, cops and crooks, and all the other familiar variations of "good guy vs. bad guy" that helped them learn, at an early age, what it was like to have decent men hunt you down, because you were a lawbreaker.

My mom wouldn't let me play cowboys and Indians. I always ended up being the Chinese railroad worker.

angel
11-06-2003, 03:10 PM
Show me a man in touch with the feminine side, and I'll show you guy with a girfriend who is ****ing his best friend in 6 months.
:)

I like this quote:
"And finally, I want men everywhere to going back to being Real Men. To open doors for women, to drive fast cars, to smoke cigars after a meal, to get drunk occasionally and, in the words of Col. Jeff Cooper, one of the last of the Real Men: "to ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth." "

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Do you women really want to be married to metrosexual pussies?

angel
11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Do you women really want to be married to metrosexual pussies?
they seem to, don't they?
personally, I want a guy who can fight, I like to feel protected- if he beats me, that's the end of that, however- a guy who likes football, namely the Chiefs, not one that just says he's a fan, but one who really likes football; I don't want a guy who cries more than I do. I don't like poetry. I like music, however- classic rock, none of that newer n*sync type crap.
I don't know how many females would admit to agree with me on this, but they're out there, don't worry- be men.

stevieray
11-06-2003, 03:28 PM
This article is dead on.

look at the new subway commercial, some guy dogging Jerod for being in a restaurant eating areal meal?

This is exactly why you have extreme sports. This is exactly why you have people RIOTING after Stanley Cup wins. This is EXACTLY why we pay SO much for sports and the athletes. and i truly belive this is why NASCAR has exploded in the last ten years. All that testosterone has to go somewhere.

Look at commercials...on a daily basis, men are idiots, women smart. Look how many shows with chicks beating up guys.

Every other channel, health and beauty crap.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 03:29 PM
personally, I want a guy who can fight, I like to feel protected- if he beats me, that's the end of that, however...

To me being a man is:

Showering, shave, comb hair: yes
Pedicure: no

Open doors for women: yes
Cry at movies with women: no

Protect your woman: yes
Hit your woman: never.

Watch football, drink beer and liquor, smoke cigars: yes
Watch fashion shows, drink wine coolers, smoke poles: no

Look at every chick that walks by and want to bang her: yes
Cheat on your wife by banging every chick that walks by: no

Buy a sportscar when you're 40: yes
Change your 40 year old wife in for two 20's: no

Be the head of your household: yes
Have another "head" in your household: no

You get the idea. :thumb:

angel
11-06-2003, 03:31 PM
To me being a man is:

that's perfect

stevieray
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM

This doesn't suprise me. You grew up in it.

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 03:37 PM
personally, I want a guy who can fight, I like to feel protected- if he beats me, that's the end of that, however- a guy who likes football, namely the Chiefs, not one that just says he's a fan, but one who really likes football; I don't want a guy who cries more than I do. I don't like poetry. I like music, however- classic rock, none of that newer n*sync type crap.
I don't know how many females would admit to agree with me on this, but they're out there, don't worry- be men.

Will you marry me? :drool:

Don't worry, my wife will understand. ;)

angel
11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
Will you marry me? :drool:

Don't worry, my wife will understand. ;)

sorry- see below

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 03:45 PM
sorry- see below

Who said anything about trading her in? (Besides, she's only 36 ;) )

We could all move to Utah and become polygamous Mormons! :p

Yes, Chiefs football and classic rock are THAT important to me.

angel
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Who said anything about trading her in? (Besides, she's only 36 ;) )

We could all move to Utah and become polygamous Mormons! :p

Yes, Chiefs football and classic rock are THAT important to me.
:D sorry, I don't share

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 03:53 PM
:D sorry, I don't share

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/06/korean.crash/t1.anguish.jpg

angel
11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
That's good stuff, and I'm almost there. I open doors for women, I drive a pickup (which I think is probably more manly than a Porsche, but that's just me), I never got into cigars much... well, unless there wasn't tobacco in them. Is it okay if I get drunk frequently?

I can't shoot worth a shit, tho.
hmmm, I don't mind about the cigars... I like trucks... maybe if you didn't try to shoot when you were drunk, it'd work better--- ask me again when your aim improves ;)

angel
11-06-2003, 04:07 PM
I hear that if you learn some of the dance moves for "Bye, Bye, Bye" and you and 3 or 4 four of your friends perform the song w/ dance moves at karaoke night, college girls go nuts over it.
they probably do... as long as you're hot enough, or they're drunk enough... I just don't go for that- I think it's gay... not that there's anything wrong with that

angel
11-06-2003, 04:11 PM
But, going out to the desert, drinking, and shooting up old appliances is FUN. It's just not the same w/out the beer.
I'm sure it is-- but when it comes down to some mugger trying to get my purse, you'd better be able to stop him- that's all I"m saying

also, none of this "I'd rather play video games or look at hot girls on TV than fondle a real live girl who's in the room with me and wants attention"

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
also, none of this "I'd rather play video games or look at hot girls on TV than fondle my real live girlfriend who's in the room with me and wants attention"

So you've actually found one of these dorks that will take porn over a chick?

FWIW, feminists are the cause of that. If you don't know why, ask. I can explain.

angel
11-06-2003, 04:23 PM
So you've actually found one of these dorks that will take porn over a chick?

FWIW, feminists are the cause of that. If you don't know why, ask. I can explain.
EXPLAIN!!! please

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 04:27 PM
EXPLAIN!!! please

I'm betting that simplex was just looking for an opportunity to talk dirty to you.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 04:27 PM

You've got to be kidding. You are saying the only way women are faithful to a man is if he is a hard assed jerk...perhaps that has worked for YOU but I don't know any women who would stay with, let alone be faithful, to a guy like that.

headsnap
11-06-2003, 04:29 PM
"I'd rather play video games or look at hot girls on TV than fondle my real live girlfriend who's in the room with me and wants attention"

that's just gay!

stevieray
11-06-2003, 04:31 PM
You've got to be kidding. You are saying the only way women are faithful to a man is if he is a hard assed jerk...perhaps that has worked for YOU but I don't know any women who would stay with, let alone be faithful, to a guy like that.

spoken like a true hard assed jerk.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm sure it is-- but when it comes down to some mugger trying to get my purse, you'd better be able to stop him- that's all I"m saying

also, none of this "I'd rather play video games or look at hot girls on TV than fondle my real live girlfriend who's in the room with me and wants attention"

I agree, fondling rules!!

headsnap
11-06-2003, 04:33 PM
so, if a man ain't pussyfied, he is then by default a 'hard assed jerk.' :rolleyes:

red ass rich looks like a hard assed jerk to me...

Simplex3
EXPLAIN!!! please

Once upon a time, men wanted women. They married them and had sex with them. They paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then one day a femisist showed up. She said "women should be equal". Men said "Uh, Ok." Men still paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then the feminist thought, "hell, if I got that and didn't have to give anything up why can't I get more?" So she asked for affirmitive action protection, alimony, palimony if she didn't get married, child support if she happened to get pregnant (in some cases even if it wasn't his child), full custody of the children, the ability to abort a fetus without the man's consent, and some other stuff.

Men looked around, and seeing that hookers were still illegal, said "F**k this, it's too big a pain in my ass. Why bother getting a good job, married, and having kids if this bitch can just take it all away whenever she feels like it? I'm just gonna watch some porn and whack off."

The end. :D

BIG_DADDY

Meme wouldn't be with any guy she couldn't emasculate, that much is very obvious.

mikey23545
11-06-2003, 04:36 PM
This article is dead on.

look at the new subway commercial, some guy dogging Jerod for being in a restaurant eating areal meal?

This is exactly why you have extreme sports. This is exactly why you have people RIOTING after Stanley Cup wins. This is EXACTLY why we pay SO much for sports and the athletes. and i truly belive this is why NASCAR has exploded in the last ten years. All that testosterone has to go somewhere.

Look at commercials...on a daily basis, men are idiots, women smart. Look how many shows with chicks beating up guys.

You have indeed taken words from my mouth.

It seems like every other movie now is some femi-nazi fantasy about a woman unleashing an ass-whoopin' on every man who looks at her wrong (but then we have seen in most movies how all men are cheating, wife-beating, alcoholic scumbags, unless they are gay...Not that here's anything wrong with that...)

Every TV show now has the same premise. The father/husband/boyfriend is just utterly retarded and incapable of caring for himself without some all-wise Earth Mother steering him away from one self-caused disaster after another...The sons in the family are just as misguided, and of course the daughters and mothers spend much time laughing at the male species...

I shudder when I think of families all across the nation sitting down in front of this tripe night after night, little boys being painlessly and unobtrusivly indoctrinated by Mother Hollywood...

GIGO

headsnap
11-06-2003, 04:41 PM
I shudder when I think of families all across the nation sitting down in front of this tripe night after night, little boys being painlessly and unobtrusivly indoctrinated by Mother Hollywood...

GIGO

my boy is only two and I have found that it is profoundly more difficult to raise boys in this society than it is to raise girls.

just look at the advertising on nickelodeon, 90% of it is geared to girl play.

boys today are an afterthought... :shake:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 04:48 PM
boys today are an afterthought... :shake:

Boys are though to first whenever Ritalin is brought up. :banghead:

Let's admire UNICEF. They have a program called "Go Girls" that is specifically designed to encourage girls to go to school. There is no compesatory program geared towards boys. Yet girls are well ahead of boys in school attendance worldwide. Why might this be, you ask? UNICEF is being run by a feminist who could care less about boys.

angel
11-06-2003, 04:50 PM
"Now, men are given Ritalin as little boys, so that their natural aggressiveness, curiosity and restlessness can be controlled, instead of nurtured and directed. "

this also bothers the hell out of me

I was aiding in a first grade class last semester, and there was this little boy that the teacher told me was a "troublemaker". she would have me take him into the hall to go through flash cards with him one-on-one since he wouldn't concentrate in class. after a while, I was able to find out how to keep his interest, and he learned most, if not all, of the flash cards. All I had to do was challenge him and keep his interest by relating each card with something he was interested in. Anyway, I came back the next week, and he was very subdued- he seemed sad. The teacher told me his parents had put him on ritalin. This made me sad. he wasn't a troublemaker, he was a first grade boy. He was not bad, he was fun... when I'm a teacher, if a parent asks me if their child should be put on any medication- my answer is a firm NO

stevieray
11-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Boys are though to first whenever Ritalin is brought up. :banghead:

Let's admire UNICEF. They have a program called "Go Girls" that is specifically designed to encourage girls to go to school. There is no compesatory program geared towards boys. Yet girls are well ahead of boys in school attendance worldwide. Why might this be, you ask? UNICEF is being run by a feminist who could care less about boys.

and let's let em dress like sluts, then blame the boys for looking at them as sexual objects to "demean".

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
"Now, men are given Ritalin as little boys, so that their natural aggressiveness, curiosity and restlessness can be controlled, instead of nurtured and directed. "

I was aiding in a first grade class last semester, and there was this little boy that the teacher told me was a "troublemaker". she would have me take him into the hall to go through flash cards with him one-on-one since he wouldn't concentrate in class. after a while, I was able to find out how to keep his interest, and he learned most, if not all, of the flash cards. All I had to do was challenge him and keep his interest by relating each card with something he was interested in. Anyway, I came back the next week, and he was very subdued- he seemed sad. The teacher told me his parents had put him on ritalin. This made me sad. he wasn't a troublemaker, he was a first grade boy. He was not bad, he was fun... when I'm a teacher, if a parent asks me if their child should be put on any medication- my answer is a firm NO

Hey, my wife's a teacher, too! First grade (also has taught kindergarten). See, y'all have lots to talk about ... in Provo.

Seriously, you're absolutely right about medicating little boys. Good for you.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 05:00 PM

Outstanding!!

angel
11-06-2003, 05:04 PM
I was really disappointed with what followed this statement.
he's in first grade, man-- :shake:

headsnap
11-06-2003, 05:06 PM
I was really disappointed with what followed this statement.
ENDelt needs ritalin. :p

20,000 + posts... :eek:

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 05:09 PM
ROFL What? Why you assume the worst?

You are ENDO

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Meme wouldn't be with any guy she couldn't emasculate, that much is very obvious.

So a guy who's faithful, and helps around the house and is a better cook than his wife,and loves BOTH his wife AND his mother and isn't afraid to say it, and pretty much would rather spend an evening at home with the 'family' than out bar hopping with friends or going to strip joints is emasculated?

Dang, I'll tell my single friends to start looking for 'emasculated' men...cuz they sure in the hell want what I'm describing more than some guy who's a jerk.

Oh, and he 'allows' me to watch as much football as I possibly want...not that my friends care about this trait much.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 05:16 PM
So a guy who's faithful, and helps around the house and is a better cook than his wife,and loves BOTH his wife AND his mother and isn't afraid to say it, and pretty much would rather spend an evening at home with the 'family' than out bar hopping with friends or going to strip joints is emasculated?

Dang, I'll tell my single friends to start looking for 'emasculated' men...cuz they sure in the hell want what I'm describing more than some guy who's a jerk.

Oh, and he 'allows' me to watch as much football as I possibly want...not that my friends care about this trait much.

When a decision needs to be made in your house, who makes it? I'll bet most of the time it's you.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
When a decision needs to be made in your house, who makes it? I'll bet most of the time it's you.

Depends on what the issue is. Somethings he's inherently better at deciding and somethings I am.

Baby Lee
11-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Oh STFU.
I've never been the hard-assed jerk with a girl, except maybe the occasional one that thinks we'd be good together and I disagree. Then it's a firm 'not interested.'
But the scenario of the girl liking the 'good' guy, until the 'bad' guy comes along is at this point beyond speculation into downright cliche. You attend to a woman the way she says she wants you to, they realize that, if you're spending all your time taking care of her wants and needs, you just may have no life. Then she's making goo-goo eyes at Spike on the Harley.
Next time you see her, she's looking for a shoulder to cry on because he beats the shit out of her. Then it's back to Spike.
Has happened [to a lesser extent] to me. Has happened to friends of mine. Seen it happen to guys I barely know.

BIG_DADDY
11-06-2003, 06:31 PM

I'm faithful, we both enjoy the other women together. I love my fiancee and my mother very much and I am not afraid to admit that either. BTW, I do all the cooking and am better at it. I spend the huge majority of my time home with the family and let her watch as much football as she wants too. Just because I go to an occasional strip club is no reason to call me a jerk.

That being said I am still the head of the household.

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Has happened [to a lesser extent] to me. Has happened to friends of mine. Seen it happen to guys I barely know.

Basically the story of my pre-marriage life.

Michael Michigan
11-06-2003, 07:01 PM
This thread is great. I just got assigned a column on this "metrosexual" bullshit.

I've interviewed about 35 different women and it's 12-1 women who would rather have a man than a mertosexual wimp.

Another 30 had no idea of the term.

As far as guys claiming to be metrosexual in metro Phoenix 4 out of about 100 agreed they were.

Here is the definition from the book--The Metrosexual Guide to Style

metrosexual \me-(.)tro - seksh-(e-)wel\ n: 1: twenty-first- century male trendsetter 2: straight, urban man with heightened aesthetic sense. 3: man who spends time and money on appearance and shopping 4: man willing to embrace his feminine side

Keep in mind it's written by an out of work soap opera actor.

Boozer
11-06-2003, 07:13 PM
As far as guys claiming to be metrosexual in metro Phoenix 4 out of about 100 agreed they were.

Depending on how you got your sample, it's a good chance you've got a couple dozen liars. At least in Tempe and Scottsdale, you can't go to the store to pick up a 30-rack of Beast without tripping over two or three pretty boys. :shake:

Michael Michigan
11-06-2003, 07:27 PM
Depending on how you got your sample, it's a good chance you've got a couple dozen liars. At least in Tempe and Scottsdale, you can't go to the store to pick up a 30-rack of Beast without tripping over two or three pretty boys. :shake:

They were all in Phoenix in the central corridor.

I didn't ask the Tempe mayor.

;)

Boozer
11-06-2003, 07:31 PM
They were all in Phoenix in the central corridor.

I didn't ask the Trempe mayor.

;)

Oh, I don't believe he fits your definition....NTTAWWT. :thumb:

HC_Chief
11-06-2003, 07:39 PM
MM - you need to watch the South Park episode on 'Metrosexuals' (ie the one the author mentions as ripping on that ****-awful Queer Eye show). It is friggin' hilarious :D

Frazod
11-06-2003, 07:40 PM
ROFL

Are you sure Tim didn't write that?

No, I didn't.

BUT I WISH I HAD. :thumb:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 07:43 PM
MM - you need to watch the South Park episode on 'Metrosexuals' (ie the one the author mentions as ripping on that ****-awful Queer Eye show). It is friggin' hilarious :D

I loved that one. Lobster people... :LOL:

siberian khatru
11-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Ah, I've been waiting all day for frazod to view this thread. Now my night is complete.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Ah, I've been waiting all day for frazod to view this thread. Now my night is complete.

I'm listening to the Fox Chiefs show right now, but later I will give this thread an appropriate frazod response....

Michael Michigan
11-06-2003, 07:52 PM

So I've heard---wish it was on this weekend. The column will run next week.

Anyone have it on tape?

Otter
11-06-2003, 08:04 PM
The problem I have with this whole concept is that you have to allow yourself to become the person that this article is describing.

If you want to be treated like a man, act like a man.

Solve your own confrontations face to face with either a handshake or a fist fight, if you want to stir shit, don't hide behind authority put in place to serve the weak and innocent.

Be there for those special people in your life with a hug to comfort them or a shotgun and a baseball bat to protect them whether it's convient or not.

Shut your mouth and don't complain every time things aren't going your way like a 'woman' (just for the purpose of the article ladies) if you don't want to be percieved as one.

The fact that some are even arguing that society is 'forcing' them to become femenine is the definition of irony.

I know, I'm late. :shrug:

Jenny Gump
11-06-2003, 08:59 PM
My quick two cents...and I will admit I didn't read the entire "Pussification" article.

I have come to believe that our society has made great strides at feminizing little boys. There is a huge difference between raising little boys into men who respect women and expecting little boys to act like little girls. Men should be exactly that...men.

I used to get all caught up in the whole "men are the enemy" argument of the femi-nazis when I was a teen and into my early 20's. However, after growing into a woman, and having some real life experience, I realize that men and women are different for the right reasons. We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended.

I have a little boy...and he is ALL boy. There are many times I must remind myself to nurture his spirit, not crush it. Gloria Allred be damned...my boy is going to be ALL man.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 09:03 PM
My quick two cents...and I will admit I didn't read the entire "Pussification" article.

I have come to believe that our society has made great strides at feminizing little boys. There is a huge difference between raising little boys into men who respect women and expecting little boys to act like little girls. Men should be exactly that...men.

I used to get all caught up in the whole "men are the enemy" argument of the femi-nazis when I was a teen and into my early 20's. However, after growing into a woman, and having some real life experience, I realize that men and women are different for the right reasons. We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended.

I have a little boy...and he is ALL boy. There are many times I must remind myself to nurture his spirit, not crush it. Gloria Allred be damned...my boy is going to be ALL man.

You rock! :thumb:

Bearcat
11-06-2003, 09:03 PM
Queer Eye for the Sports Guy

http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/pr/subs/siexclusive/rick_reilly/11/03/reilly1110/p1_reilly.jpg http://i.cnn.net/si/.element/img/1.0/misc/enlarge_button.gif (http://premium.si.cnn.com/2003/pr/subs/siexclusive/rick_reilly/11/03/reilly1110/lg_reilly_article.html)
Rick Reilly
Peter Read Miller
Tonight on Queer Eye for the Sports Guy, our gay panelists make over a straight sports columnist and leave him looking like the South Beach Dinner Theater director.
Why fight the (purple) power? Straight is so last week. Near Queer is here.
The signs are everywhere. Last week's episode of Playmakers featured the character who's a gay football player. Soccer superstar David Beckham paints his toenails and wears sarongs. Did you see Pudge Rodriguez kiss Marlins closer Ugueth Urbina nearly on the lips in the playoffs? They're both straight -- not that there's anything wrong with that.

The gay stigma is toast. You go through an NFL locker room and you'll see 310-pound linemen borrowing each other's hand moisturizer, saying, "I can't believe you don't exfoliate, dude," and then leaving in salmon silk shirts.

So I called the hosts of the Bravo channel smash hit Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and asked them to make over the column: top to bottom, left to right, until it was gay enough for Nathan Lane to read.

Unfortunately, the Queer Eye boys couldn't have been less interested if I'd invited them to Jell-O Night at Cheerleaders.

Fine. I went to my gay and lesbian friends and acquaintances and asked them to make over the column for a week. They were delighted to help -- especially after they got a look at my column picture and nearly ralphed. "Uh, about that sweater?" said my gay stylist friend, Lawrence. "Mister Rogers is dead."

Cyd Zeigler Jr., who cofounded the gay website Outsports.com, then weighed in on the turtleneck I was wearing. "Uh, hello?" he said. "Mock turtles were never in!"

Lawrence put me in a see-through print shirt (so now!), crammed me into leather pants (so cow!) and plucked my eyebrows (say ow!). Then he topped it all off with a beanie. "Can't you do some cool style with my hair?" I protested.

"There is no cool style I can do with that little hair," he said, clamping the beanie on tight. Suddenly, this is more like THE LIFE OF (CHARLES NELSON) REILLY.

Now, what would gay sports fans like to see in a magazine that is usually about as gay as Gen. George Patton? "Gay-sports issues," Zeigler said, "opinion and, most of all, naked pictures of [Houston Texans] quarterback David Carr!"

Name a sport and there is a gay league for it. There is gay hockey, gay football and the Gay Games. There is even gay rodeo, which features the usual rodeo events, plus "goat dressing" (contestants run around trying to put jockey shorts on a goat), "wild dragging" (contestants try to place a begowned transvestite atop a bucking bronco) and "steer decorating" (contestants try to tie a yellow bow on a steer's tail).

"Everybody rolls their eyes when you say gay rodeo," says Ken Pool, 42, a gay cowboy, "but the animals aren't gay. It's just as tough as any other rodeo."

And gay sports have nearly as many controversies as straight ones, including steroids, under-the-table payments and those full-body Speedo swimsuits in the Olympics. "We're aghast at those," says Tyler Schnoebelen, a gay water polo player. "We all cheer louder for the normal Speedos."

At the Gay Softball World Series in Washington, D.C., in August, the Houston team protested that the Atlanta team had two more straight players than the two allowed under tournament rules. How do you go about proving you are gay during a softball game?

Look, ump! My batting gloves match my spikes! Didn't you see me tidying up the dugout between innings? I'm dying to be out!

There were many votes for more pictures of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Mike Alstott, the Minnesota Timberwolves' Wally Szczerbiak, Fox's Troy Aikman, and the center-quarterback exchange. Oh, and singer Melissa Etheridge wanted anything to do with Serena Williams. "The woman is a goddess," she said, sighing.

And Zeigler, well, he had more advice -- on how to make sports more gay-friendly.

1) "Why can't the NFL throw some Internet cameras in their locker rooms?" he said. "I mean, [Denver Broncos wide receiver] Ed McCaffrey would make any straight man gay."
2) "All tennis players need to wear their shirts like Andy Roddick. You get to see his belly button with every stroke!"
3) "TV needs to show more fraternity guys in the stands with their shirts off. All we see are shots of [Utah coach] Rick Majerus!"
The point of all this was supposed to be that Queer Nation loves sports too and competes as fiercely as straights. The only difference seems to be that gays often celebrate their hard-fought victories by immediately going to the sweater department at Saks.
You know, I'm growing kind of fond of this outfit.
Issue date: November 10, 2003

Otter
11-06-2003, 09:11 PM
nurture his spirit, not crush it.

Don't ever forget what you just said there and please, pass it on. :clap:

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:11 PM
This entire Ritalin revolution has it's evil roots in the school's & with the doctors but ULTIMATELY it's the parents who ok the schools designation and the doctor's prescription.

I don't for one minute believe it's been some 'femi-nazi' conspiracy to drug our children in order to make boys less boys so they resemble girls. If this is the suggestion then you have to explain to me exactly how the 'women's movement' convinced schools and the medical industry to have parent's WILLINGLY drugging their children. You also have to explain to me how the parents escape blame or responsibility for the choices they make regarding both the drugging of their boys and the impulse to teach their boys to be feminine.

I have two boys. Their aggression and activity level sometimes makes me crazy but there is no way in hell would I allow a school system to recommend drugs for them nor would I follow a physician's advise to drug them. Nor would I allow any societial impulse to train them in a fashion that I disagree with.

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many 'radical feminists' are holding guns to those parents heads?

Neither Gloria Allred or Phyllis Schaffley will have a say in what I teach my boys.

stevieray
11-06-2003, 09:14 PM

Now couple that with the agression displayed towards men by girls on TV and in movies.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:15 PM
This entire Ritalin revolution has it's evil roots in the school's & with the doctors but ULTIMATELY it's the parents who ok the schools designation and the doctor's prescription.

I don't for one minute believe it's been some 'femi-nazi' conspiracy to drug our children in order to make boys less boys so they resemble girls. If this is the suggestion then you have to explain to me exactly how the 'women's movement' convinced schools and the medical industry to have parent's WILLINGLY drugging their children. You also have to explain to me how the parents escape blame or responsibility for the choices they make regarding both the drugging of their boys and the impulse to teach their boys to be feminine.

I have two boys. Their aggression and activity level sometimes makes me crazy but there is no way in hell would I allow a school system to recommend drugs for them nor would I follow a physician's advise to drug them. Nor would I allow any societial impulse to train them in a fashion that I disagree with.

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many radical feminists are holding guns to those parents heads?
It is a shame you don't display that common sense 100% of the time when you are rambling about right wing conspiracists and radio personalities controlling the voters who take no responsibility for their decisions in your eyes.

While I agree with you on the above, your inconsistency is still blatant.

Otter
11-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Speaking of Ritalin - did anyone ever see the Sopranos where they tried to put AJ on Ritalin?

I don't remember the exact words and I couldn't find them on a search but T raised his one eye brow, leaned into the school's phsycholigists face and said: "He's a boy, the ****in' kids got hormones like a race care and he's getting a hard-on every 10 minutes - just like I did and like every normal kid did at that age. He's not a bad kid and **** your Ritalin!"

I love his character.

Carry on.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I thought this was a hilarious, frazod-like rant.

http://www.kimdutoit.com/index.htm

Women, even liberal women, swooned over George Bush in a naval aviator's uniform. Donald Trump still gets access to some of the most beautiful pussy available, despite looking like a medieval gargoyle. Donald Rumsfeld, if he wanted to, could **** 90% of all women over 50 if he wanted to, and a goodly portion of younger ones too.

I'm trying to think of one liberal woman I know who found DUHbya anything other than comical in his aviator's uniform...

can't think of ANY. And that is quite a few liberal women.

Not to mention that I can't imagine any of the women I know over 50 giving Donald Rumsfeld the time of day let alone nooky.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:17 PM
It is a shame you don't display that common sense 100% of the time when you are rambling about right wing conspiracists and radio personalities controlling the voters who take no responsibility for their decisions in your eyes.

While I agree with you on the above, your inconsistency is still blatant.

Found that San Diego residence for Rush Limbaugh yet??? :D

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm trying to think of one liberal woman I know who found DUHbya anything other than comical in his aviator's uniform...

Not to mention that I can't imagine any of the women I know over 50 giving Donald Rumsfeld the time of day let alone nooky.
Considering the sexual transgressions of our last POTUS, that doesn't surprise me as your standard on whether someone is a good leader or not.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:19 PM
Found that San Diego residence for Rush Limbaugh yet??? :D
You have a very odd way of saying "Yes, you are right, I am hypocritical as hell when I have an agenda".

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Considering the sexual transgressions of our last POTUS, that doesn't surprise me as your standard on whether someone is a good leader or not.

Looking sexy in an aviator suit (or allegedly looking sexy) is not among my criteria...

sorry. o:-)

stevieray

yes Denise, we knew your position before you posted it.....

memyselfI
You have a very odd way of saying "Yes, you are right, I am hypocritical as hell when I have an agenda".

You quoting yourself? Otherwise, don't speak for me, I won't speak for you...

Otter
11-06-2003, 09:22 PM
The problem I have with this whole concept is that you have to allow yourself to become the person that this article is describing.

If you want to be treated like a man, act like a man.

Solve your own confrontations face to face with either a handshake or a fist fight, if you want to stir shit, don't hide behind authority put in place to serve the weak and innocent.

Be there for those special people in your life with a hug to comfort them or a shotgun and a baseball bat to protect them whether it's convient or not.

Shut your mouth and don't complain every time things aren't going your way like a 'woman' (just for the purpose of the article ladies) if you don't want to be percieved as one.

The fact that some are even arguing that society is 'forcing' them to become femenine is the definition of irony.

I know, I'm late. :shrug:

I see we are going back a little further than before free choice comes into play.

Looking forward to reading this in the morning, I'm too far behind and its not somthing to be taken light-hearted. I'm bailing out.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:23 PM

Ever hear of SRS? Don't think for a second these idiots in the schools won't call the authorities if you're not doing "what's in the best interest of your child." The feminists and the teacher's union are tied at the hip. A significant portion of teachers are feminists. Feminist doctrine will tell you that "All men are rapists and that's all they are" (Marilyn French, author of "The Women's Room"). What better way to slow down a rapist and oppressor than drugs?

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many 'radical feminists' are holding guns to those parents heads?

Neither Gloria Allred or Phyllis Schaffley will have a say in what I teach my boys.
Not everyone agrees with you. You are to be commended for letting your boys become men.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:24 PM
You quoting yourself? Otherwise, don't speak for me, I won't speak for you...
Well you dodged the point without your usual attempts.

Let me ask again. Why do you believe that people are so simple that they can be controlled by a radio personality but so intelligent that they cannot be controlled by feminazis? Or is it your core prejudiced belief that the right of this country are not as intelligent as the left?

*not expecting a real answer yet again*

AeroSquid
11-06-2003, 09:25 PM
tl;dr

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:28 PM
Ever hear of SRS? Don't think for a second these idiots in the schools won't call the authorities if you're not doing "what's in the best interest of your child." The feminists and the teacher's union are tied at the hip. A significant portion of teachers are feminists. Feminist doctrine will tell you that "All men are rapists and that's all they are" (Marilyn French, author of "The Women's Room"). What better way to slow down a rapist and oppressor than drugs?

Not everyone agrees with you. You are to be commended for letting your boys become men.

I have yet to hear of a case of a parent losing their child for refusing to place them on Ritalin. This whole Ritialin epidemic is not about feminists but about LAZY ASSED PARENTS...

Feminists can be blamed for some really stoooopid policies and views but this is really not one of them.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:30 PM
Well you dodged the point without your usual attempts.

Let me ask again. Why do you believe that people are so simple that they can be controlled by a radio personality but so intelligent that they cannot be controlled by feminazis? Or is it your core prejudiced belief that the right of this country are not as intelligent as the left?

*not expecting a real answer yet again*

Russ, the people being sheparded by Rush Limbaugh have the intelligence to think for themselves...they CHOOSE not to use it. It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:30 PM
I have yet to hear of a case of a parent losing their child for refusing to place them on Ritalin. This whole Ritialin epidemic is not about feminists but about LAZY ASSED PARENTS...

Feminists can be blamed for some really stoooopid policies and views but this is really not one of them.

OOOOhhh reeeeaaaallly...

http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2000/8/16/195158

One of the scariest stories in the news is receiving very little attention. According to USA Today, parents are being put under pressure by schools and by courts to have their children drugged with Ritalin. Some parents have been threatened with charges of child neglect or abuse - and having the child taken away by the authorities - if they do not give their children Ritalin.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:31 PM
It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

Isn't that Sean Hannity? :D

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:35 PM
OOOOhhh reeeeaaaallly...

http://www.newsmax.com/commentarchive.shtml?a=2000/8/16/195158

It appears your link is a commentary, meaning opinion piece, with little to back up the assertion or allegation.

I'm not saying this has not happened. I'm saying its not the primary reason why parents choose Ritalin. I'd home school my kids before I'd allow the school system to force drugs on my kids. Do you have the USA Today article?

That piece is a scare tactic cloaked with anti-feminist rhetoric and few specifics.

see this:
'Some schools are teaching various techniques of homosexual acts and some have gay activists visiting the schools, passing out cards giving the addresses of local homosexual hangouts.'

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese. :spock:

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:37 PM
Russ, the people being sheparded by Rush Limbaugh have the intelligence to think for themselves...they CHOOSE not to use it. It's so much easier for them to tune in 3 hours, five days a week to be told how to think...

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.
Why wouldn't the same be true of the idiots listening to the feminazis day after day? Why wouldn't people want someone telling them how to raise their kids if they want to have someone tell them how to vote?

Denise, fact is that you are hypocritically inconsistent on this topic. What is sad is that I agree with you, we are not as easily led as some make us out to be. Unfortunately, our agreement ends there as you believe that only the left is not so easily led.

For some reason, you believe those who listen to the right wing to be of lesser intelligence than those who listen to the left. You raise the most ridiculous conspiracy theories I have ever read on this board and you have the nerve to gripe about this one. You need to change your signature to "as long as it's right, it's wrong".

You are as prejudiced as any KKK member alive - you just choose a different section of the populace to humiliate.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Why wouldn't the same be true of the idiots listening to the feminazis day after day? Why wouldn't people want someone telling them how to raise their kids if they want to have someone tell them how to vote?

Denise, fact is that you are hypocritically inconsistent on this topic. What is sad is that I agree with you, we are not as easily led as some make us out to be. Unfortunately, our agreement ends there as you believe that only the left is not so easily led.

For some reason, you believe those who listen to the right wing to be of lesser intelligence than those who listen to the left. You raise the most ridiculous conspiracy theories I have ever read on this board. You need to change your signature to "as long as it's right, it's wrong".

You are as prejudiced as any KKK member alive - you just choose a different section of the populace to humiliate.

Russ, I said the folks have the intelligence. I said they CHOOSE not to use it.

Just like the parents who would succumb to teacher or doctor pressure to give their children drugs they INTUITIVELY KNOW is wrong. These parent's are choosing not to use their intelligence and are taking the easy way, cop out...

like Limbaugh's flock.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:42 PM
It appears your link is a commentary, meaning opinion piece, with little to back up the assertion or allegation.

I'm not saying this has not happened. I'm saying its not the primary reason why parents choose Ritalin. I'd home school my kids before I'd allow the school system to force drugs on my kids. Do you have the USA Today article?

That piece is a scare tactic cloaked with anti-feminist rhetoric and few specifics.

http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2000/oct00/ritalin.shtml
ALBANY, NY - When seven-year-old Kyle Carroll of Berne, New York, was diagnosed by a psychologist as having ADHD, a prescription for Ritalin was not far behind. The child soon exhibited two of the drug's common side effects, sleeplessness and appetite loss, and his parents advised school officials that they wanted to temporarily discontinue the medication. The result was a visit from Albany County Child Protective Services, a petition to appear in court, and ultimately, what amounted to an order from Family Court Judge Gerard E. Maney to resume using the Ritalin.

http://www.libertocracy.com/Transfer/Articles/Prohibitions/ritalin/forced.htm
Salon reported (http://www.free-market.net/cgi/redir.cgi?http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2000/09/25/medicate/index.html):(1) "public schools have begun to issue ultimatums to parents of hard-to-handle kids, saying they will not allow students to attend conventional classes unless they are medicated. In the most extreme cases, parents unwilling to give their kids drugs are being reported by their schools to local offices of Child Protective Services, the implication being that by withholding drugs, the parents are guilty of neglect."

Didn't take long to find an actual case, and Salon is hardly a conservative rag...

Frazod
11-06-2003, 09:43 PM
"Now, men are taught that violence is bad -- that when a thief breaks into your house, or threatens you in the street, that the proper way to deal with this is to "give him what he wants", instead of taking a horsewhip to the rascal or shooting him dead where he stands."

There are two commercials on TV for an alarm company where an intruder breaks a window and sets off the alarm. Of course, the alarm scares the intruder off, which is the point of the commercial.

In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.

RUN, FORREST, RUN! :shake:

Here we have our metrosexual posterboy. Programmed to believe that violence is wrong and that the authorities and his trusty alarm system will protect him. Run upstairs, trap yourselves just like the stupid little sluts in the slasher movies, wait for the police to save the day. They'll be there in 5 to 15 minutes, if you're lucky.

Of course, in real life, the intruder KNOWS how long it takes the cops to show up. Maybe he doesn't run away. Alarm systems come with window stickers that announce the presence of an alarm. Anyone motivated enough to break into your house AFTER seeing the sticker on the window might not run away when the siren goes off.

A lot of horrible shit can happen to metrosexual man and his family in a few seconds, let alone five minutes.

Well, I have an alarm, for one reason only. To give me a heads up that it's time to grabbed one of my LOCKED AND LOADED GUNS so that I can KILL THE F#CKER WHO'S BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE.

Of course, metrosexual man is scared of guns, because guns are evil.

So are lots of other people out there who have metrosexual man's little pussy ass in their gunsights.

This is my first little snippet - there will certainly be more. :grr:

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Russ, I said the folks have the intelligence. I said they CHOOSE not to use it.

Just like the parents who would succumb to teacher or doctor pressure to give their children drugs they INTUITIVELY KNOW is wrong. These parent's are choosing not to use their intelligence and are taking the easy way, cop out...

like Limbaugh's flock.
You also said that people are not making decisions based upon feminazi's actions but are doing so based upon Limbaugh's actions. Sorry, it is nothing but hypocrisy, not matter how to try to explain it.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Well, I have an alarm, for one reason only. To give me a heads up that it's time to grabbed one of my LOCKED AND LOADED GUNS so that I can KILL THE F#CKER WHO'S BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE.

Of course, metrosexual man is scared of guns, because guns are evil.Thieves will admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Thieves willl admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.
A baseball bat doesn't make a sound, and doesn't give them time to prepare.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Thieves willl admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.

Shhhhh......

You're scaring metrosexual man :eek:

:D

ArrowheadChief
11-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Thieves will admit the worst sound when breaking into a house is NOT an alarm. It's the sound of a shotgun being racked.
:LOL: How true it is

Logical
11-06-2003, 09:49 PM
Once upon a time, men wanted women. They married them and had sex with them. They paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then one day a femisist showed up. She said "women should be equal". Men said "Uh, Ok." Men still paid for the dates, they opened the doors, they protected and provided for their family.

Then the feminist thought, "hell, if I got that and didn't have to give anything up why can't I get more?" So she asked for affirmitive action protection, alimony, palimony if she didn't get married, child support if she happened to get pregnant (in some cases even if it wasn't his child), full custody of the children, the ability to abort a fetus without the man's consent, and some other stuff.

Men looked around, and seeing that hookers were still illegal, said "F**k this, it's too big a pain in my ass. Why bother getting a good job, married, and having kids if this bitch can just take it all away whenever she feels like it? I'm just gonna watch some porn and whack off."

The end. :D

ROFL It would be even funnier if it did not have an element of truth to it.:grr:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Shhhhh......

You're scaring metrosexual man :eek:

:D

Good. I really don't want him or his toenail painting, manicure having, eyebrow waxing, ass shaving, 20 pair of shoes having pansy ass around.

Brock
11-06-2003, 09:51 PM
"In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.

That's fugging pathetic.

Logical
11-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Angel,

I can only pray my son finds a woman like you some day. You are based on the opinions you have expressed IMO a rare female in this world.:thumb:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:53 PM
In one commercial, the family is a mother and two children. The mother quickly herds her kids upstairs. In the other commercial, the father is there, too. And, just like mommy, he also herds the kids upstairs.Actually, in the second one the man is coming out of the bathroom. The mom has rounded up the kids and dad is standing around scared with the kids while mom answers the phone to take care of business.

I want to reach through the screen and slap his ass silly. Can we start revoking these guys' johnsons? If they don't want to be in our club they should give up their "member"ship card. :harumph:

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:54 PM
http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/2000/oct00/ritalin.shtml

http://www.libertocracy.com/Transfer/Articles/Prohibitions/ritalin/forced.htm
[/size]

Didn't take long to find an actual case, and Salon is hardly a conservative rag...

In order for Ritalin to be prescribed and a prescription filled the PARENTS have to believe that their child is suffering from a disorder. Most parents I know do NOT want to believe their children are suffering from anything let alone a psychiatric, behavioral, or chemical disorder.

I don't doubt that there are kids out there who actually have these disorders. I do doubt that the kids parents used Ritalin as a last resort vs. a quick fix.

If they have turned the personality and behavior of their children over to a drug by accepting the doctor's diagnosis and recommendation for drugs then AFTER the drug is being used they are a little late in the game deciding their kid is normal and they do not need the medication afterall.

Perhaps they wanted the help controlling their child but then they got the guilt associated with drugging their child and decided their kid wasn't so bad afterall...

the parents are F*CKED up, not the kid.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Good. I really don't want him or his toenail painting, manicure having, eyebrow waxing, ass shaving, 20 pair of shoes having pansy ass around.

Which brings me to snippet No. 2.

Every day when I walk through Union Station, I am assailed by numerous posters advertising FACIAL CREAM FOR MEN.

Curiously, the guy in the poster looks very much like the pussy in alarm company commercial - an effeminant, grinning little girlie-man who looks like he just wiped a large amount of a different kind of cream off his chin.

These posters just make me want to beat the shit out of somebody. :#

As I have dry skin, I occasionally use hand lotion ON MY FRIGGIN HANDS to keep my skin from cracking. But the day will NEVER come when I feel compelled to lube up my face to give myself that chipper, metrosexual glow.

:cuss:

Facial lotion for men. What is the f#cking world coming to?

:banghead:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 09:58 PM
In order for Ritalin to be prescribed and a prescription filled the PARENTS have to believe that their child is suffering from a disorder. Most parents I know do NOT want to believe their children are suffering from anything let alone a psychiatric, behavioral, or chemical disorder.

the parents are F*CKED up, not the kid.

With the weight of the courts bearing down on you, and limited resources to fight people who are using your tax dollars against you, and with the threat of losing your children...

There are not that many people who have the financial means and the stones to stand up to that.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 09:59 PM

I'm curious, how is lotion any different than hair dye or cologne for men?

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Which brings me to snippet No. 2.

Every day when I walk through Union Station, I am assailed by numerous posters advertising FACIAL CREAM FOR MEN.

Curiously, the guy in the poster looks very much like the pussy in alarm company commercial - an effeminant, grinning little girlie-man who looks like he just wiped a large amount of a different kind of cream off his chin.

These posters just make me want to beat the shit out of somebody. :#

As I have dry skin, I occasionally use hand lotion ON MY FRIGGIN HANDS to keep my skin from cracking. But the day will NEVER come when I feel compelled to lube up my face to give myself that chipper, metrosexual glow.

Tim, I use an old farm remedy of beeswax and olive oil. When I am working in the yard in the winter, it keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding. It doesn't smell pretty but it does the job.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 10:00 PM
With the weight of the courts bearing down on you, and limited resources to fight people who are using your tax dollars against you, and with the threat of losing your children...

There are not that many people who have the financial means and the stones to stand up to that.

Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Jenny Gump
11-06-2003, 10:00 PM

Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:02 PM

I don't HAVE ANY F#CKING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Tim, I use an old farm remedy of beeswax and olive oil. When I am working in the yard in the winter, it keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding. It doesn't smell pretty but it does the job.

Try gloves sometime. :D

memyselfI
Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

I didn't quote you saying those things...

I was responding to a number of different points by a number of different people.

Simplex3

It's not. Men use:

One kind of soap in their daily shower.
If you condition your hair, it's Pert Plus.
Deodorant. This may have a scent through no fault of your own.
Shaving cream. This comes in an aerosol can, not a bottle.
After shave, if you really f**ked up your face shaving.

KCWolfman
No different than dye or a wig, IMO.

However, cologne is based upon pheremonical attractions - a good cologne makes me singular and my wife recognizes me without even looking. The olfactory senses are tied closest to your memories. If a pleasant scent is caught, it can enhance a woman's mood dramatically. It makes one smell clean when at work. It is also damned easy to spray and walk away in less than 2 seconds.

There is no benefit to rubbing creme on my face to stop wrinkles or dying my beard to hide the gray. It won't change who I am, it won't make me smell clean, it won't make me look cleaner, and it takes to long to apply.

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 10:04 PM
Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 10:05 PM
Try gloves sometime. :D
No dice when working on a car or using some tools.

KCWolfman
Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:
Cartoon Network

memyselfI
I don't HAVE ANY F#CKING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

I will agree on the makeup.

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what is offensive about face cream for men. I mean, sure, it's a marketing ploy but it's also in the same vanity line of cosmetics and beauty aids that hair dye and cologne would be...

no one NEEDS them but uses them to feel better about themselves.

Brock
11-06-2003, 10:06 PM
And cologne? Sure, I wear it

FAG!!

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 10:08 PM
FAG!!
:LOL::LOL::LOL: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 10:08 PM

That is a problem.

I think if anything you have misplaced anger and blame towards the 'femi-nazi's' and perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

But then that is an entirely different argument. And frankly, if your kid isn't stimulated at school are the options being passive and placing your kids on drugs or being aggressive in finding them outlets that stimulate their learning and focus their energy in productive ways.

My saying 'you' I don't mean necessarily you as you but 'you' in general.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:09 PM
FAG!!

Oh, sthoppppp itt...... :deevee:

:LOL:

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:10 PM
I used to have bleach blond hair in college.

I couldn't do it now, tho. Eminem completely ruined that for everyone. Bastard.

I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:

Simplex3
perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.
Don't get me started.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...21&postcount=25 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1374921&postcount=25)

KCWolfman
I was wondering why you held your pinky out when you drank your beer..... :evil:
I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I was wondering why you two were in the bathroom for so long at the bar.

It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 10:13 PM
It was a mistake - he followed me in there thinking it was you. :)
LOL

KCWolfman
That's for stabilization. Like how the T-Rex kept his tail aloft.
Hmmm "aloft" and "two ton Dinosaurs" are not phrases I generally put together in my mind.

stevieray
True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulled my daughters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daughter might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:15 PM
True story. My then nine year old daught er is on the playground with a classmate, one who she has spent the night with numerous times, vice versa, etc....girl pulld my daighters hair...my daughter pulls back, teacher sees her...takes her to the principals office, where we get called in and are TOLD that my daugher might need therapy. over ONE incident.

Ever since violence was brought in and ACCEPTED in school, they are starting to treat children like they are criminals waiting to happen....Standards will eventually be so high, we won't have kids, we'll have desensitized robots.

Parents?, that means 6 out of 10 times it's PARENT....something else that is just accepted....oh well, just another broken family.

I hope you told the dumbf#ck principal that he/she might need therapy. :shake:

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

ROFL I was there too!

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:19 PM
I had therapy when I was a kid.

Course, Dad just called it beating my ass.

I remember the first time I heard Denis Leary describe real therapy as "crying and mowing the lawn at the same time" thinking, "Man, that sounds kinda familiar."

Metrosexual man would want your dad locked up and you placed in a foster home. :banghead:

stevieray
11-06-2003, 10:19 PM

Yup, my wife was pissed off more than I was...."This is one time I put my arms around my daughter and say BACK OFF...."

Jenny Gump
11-06-2003, 10:22 PM
perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

Now, this is something we can agree on.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 10:23 PM
I have no doubt that Steve corrected the issue promptly.

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

I still have the written apology from the Principal.

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Frazod
11-06-2003, 10:25 PM

My son is a tall drink of water (yeah, he doesn't have my height genes). I was called to school due to him getting in a fight. I had to speak with the principal before I saw my son. She said that he attacked two kids and he would be suspended for three days. She also suggested counselling.

I told her that was unacceptable based upon the data she gathered. I asked for a conference with the three boys, the other parents, and the principal. She declined. I asked the punishment of the other boys. She stated it wasn't necessary for me to have that information.

I got my son, spoke to him, got his side, and contacted the Superintendent of the school system. The Supe scheduled a hearing the next day with all three boys, 5 witnesses, parents of all the kids, and the principal. We came to find out that the two boys my son "attacked" were the only ones with different stories.

The other 6 (including mine) said the boys took my sons clothes and got them wet. He called them some names and started getting dressed. They started running by him and smacking the back of his head. He finally got tired of it. He shoved one into a locker and punched the other.

Since the boys were smaller, the teacher assumed he was being a bully. The Superintendent to his findings and the recording to the school board......

My kids (girls included) will not be sissified by any governmental system. I am proud of my boy for not only attempting to ignore the punks, but also for putting them down when it was necessary.

Well done. :thumb:

|Zach|
11-06-2003, 10:27 PM
Interesting.

stevieray
11-06-2003, 10:28 PM

:thumb:

memyselfI
11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, I anticipate my younger son being labeled with something at some point...

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

stevieray
11-06-2003, 10:34 PM

he's sweet as can be but he's Tigger. Can't stop bouncing or sit still. He's always wanting to be moving. Around the house I'm always mad at him because he's kickin a ball or throwing a ball IN THE HOUSE. He's 120 MPH from 6:30 am until 9:00 pm.

But we've signed him up for sports and he's playing year around. Between a practice and a couple games a week he's got an outlet for his energy. When he acts up, I've been tempted to ground him from games but I realize that would be sooooo counterproductive. He NEEDS that outlet in order to function properly...

I'll spend whatever I need to on coaching fees, league fees, uniforms, tournaments, etc...

just to keep the kid off of drugs. No way in hell will I let them try to take all that energy from him with a pill.

football or soccer...?

soccer moms...another example.

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 10:36 PM
:thumb:
Birds of a feather, my friend.

|Zach|
11-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"

I'll slap ya to sleep and slap ya for sleepin!

KCWolfman
11-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Another favorite...

"Shut up, or I'll come in there and give you something to cry about!"
Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

Simplex3
11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Yup....

No thanks, dad. I think I have already found something.

Another "You'll do it AND YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!"

My mom used to tell me crap, then expect something different. Her phrase:

"Do what I mean, not what I say."

She grounded me for a week once for some s**t she "knew I got away with."

TheNextStep
11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
My Dad's favorite was when I would say "I'm bored." He'd respond, "And I wasn't put on this Earth to entertain you. Find something to do or I'll find something for you."

I usually found something.

Mosbonian
11-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Russ:

You handled it like I would have.....I have one for you just like yours....

My son, a 5th grader, is already 5'6", and weighs 158 lbs, and towers over everyone in his school pretty much. He is pretty much like i have brought him up to be...don't look to start to fights, but if they come for a visit, make company welcome!

So about a month ago, there is this new kid that comes to his class...he's about a foot shorter than my son, but he figures that to make his "rep" in the school he's gonna make fun of and challenge my son. He spends the better part of the week telling all the kids in earshot how he is gonna kick my son's ass...so when asked on Friday by all those he has bragged to, why he hasn't beat my son up yet, he decides there is no way out....so when they are outside he starts pushing Jacob around...at first Jacob ignores him, because the kid can't push hard enough to even make him notice....so instead he pushes one of the kids that my son is playing a game with...when Jacob grabs him and puts him in a bear hug, the kids starts crying like a baby. We are called to school to discuss my son's "aggressive tendencies" and the need for counseling and/or medication.

Unlike your situation Russ, we didn't need an Inquisition..all we had to do is ask the witnesses...the other kids in the yard, and those to whom the new kid had been bragging to and we had our answer.

After all this had subsided, the principal still tried to convince us that young fellas like my son, who are abnormally larger than kids his age, usually use it to their advantage and are bullies. And that the best thing we could do for him was to get him counseling now, before he starts, so that, as Barney Fife would put it, we could nip it in the bud. Sensing my wife was going to give the Principal a show-and-tell version of what real aggressive tendencies were, I stood up, told the principal that this meeting was over with, and so was this incident...

mmaddog

Frazod
11-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the f#ck kind of message does that send? Be a f#cking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321

Taco John
11-06-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Frazod
11-06-2003, 11:24 PM
I'm having a hard time reading this thread... Must be the cucumber juice in my eyes...

Are you sure that juice is from a cucumber? :D

KS Smitty
11-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Boy, here's brand new reason I don't want to have kids. All this counseling/medication horseshit. From what I've read here, it seems to be disturbingly common.

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that the idea of exposing a child to behavior-altering drugs at an early age might encourage him/her to think that other mild-altering drugs might be okay, too.

Am I being too logical for the new age liberal idiot train of educational thought here? :shake:

And they say cigarettes are bad. I'd rather have my kid smoking than doped up on psycho-meds.

And counseling if my kid stands up to a bully? What the f#ck kind of message does that send? Be a f#cking sheep forever? Don't be agressive in life, so that your peers who went to decent schools and were taught from an early age to win and succeed can get the promotions while you get their coffee?

I think not. 4321

That's a Frazod rant, the topic header was much too long, Tim's rants are short succinct and to the point. :thumb:

Michael Michigan
11-06-2003, 11:52 PM

Two Words.

Military School.

Frazod
11-07-2003, 12:09 AM
Two Words.

Military School.

I'll tell you, if I had a son, and could afford it, I'd seriously consider this option.

I'm assuming this would be an environment where competition would be encouraged and being a pussy wouldn't.

Jenson71
11-07-2003, 12:15 AM
I know a handful of kids that were on riddilin. One of them being one of my best friends, and another being my cousin.

Funny, they all play sports and no, they aren't trippin with x right now. (yeah, very logical :rolleyes: )

Are you guys just taking shots in the dark, trying to prove your a tough sonuvabitch dad because when your kid acts up, you scream at him and maybe hit the kid?

You gotta be ****ing lazy or stupid if the only way you can make your kid obey is putting fear in him.

:shake:

Frazod
11-07-2003, 12:24 AM
I know a handful of kids that were on riddilin. One of them being one of my best friends, and another being my cousin.

Funny, they all play sports and no, they aren't trippin with x right now. (yeah, very logical :rolleyes: )

Are you guys just taking shots in the dark, trying to prove your a tough sonuvabitch dad because when your kid acts up, you scream at him and maybe hit the kid?

You gotta be ****ing lazy or stupid if the only way you can make your kid obey is putting fear in him.

I see from your profile that you were born in 1987. This would make you both a high school student and a teenager.

So I think we can safely classify you in the DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING DEPARTMENT.

Feel free to chime in with a meaningful opinion when you grow up, junior. :shake:

But don't feel bad. We were all once young and ignorant. You'll get over it.

Jenson71
11-07-2003, 12:29 AM
I see from your profile that you were born in 1987. This would make you both a high school student and a teenager.

So I think we can safely classify you in the DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING DEPARTMENT.

Feel free to chime in with a meaningful opinion when you grow up, junior. :shake:

But don't feel bad. We were all once young and ignorant. You'll get over it.

:hmmm:

Sounds like your problem is your old but still ignorant.

Well, at least you figured out that I'm a teenager. That means, I'm living in what you are all talking about right now.

Frazod
11-07-2003, 12:32 AM
:hmmm:

Sounds like your problem is your old but still ignorant.

Well, at least you figured out that I'm a teenager. That means, I'm living in what you are all talking about right now.

You're living it, but you have no comprehension of what it is.

But that's okay, I'm wrong, you know everything. Just like every other friggin teenager. Have a ball.

LVNHACK
11-07-2003, 12:38 AM

But that's okay, I'm wrong, you know everything. Just like every other friggin teenager. Have a ball.

You may as well save your words Tim............ ;)

Frazod
11-07-2003, 12:40 AM
You may as well save your words Tim............ ;)

I know. :D

Well, you have fun with it. I'm off to bed. This ignorant old fart has to go to work in the morning and earn that paycheck.

Jenson71
11-07-2003, 12:40 AM

You can tell all that from one 5 sentence post on an internet message board? You're good, you.

Well I'd be the first to admit that I don't know everything, but despite what you may think, I don't ride the short bus to school, and I have a great comprehension of things that are going on.

Rausch
11-07-2003, 01:31 AM
That's for stabilization. Like how the T-Rex kept his tail aloft.

No, that's some freaky Chris Rock action you got going on there.....

alanm
11-07-2003, 02:40 AM

sheesh, he has more mind control time and availability than most ministers do. Most people don't spend more than an hour a week in church. Limbaugh's listeners get him 15 hours a week if they want.Now that I'm retired(4 days ago) with all kinds of time on my hands to speculate about stupid shit, I thought I'd weigh in on this. What is it that you find utterly repugnant and repulsive about Limbaugh? Obviously just the mere mention of his name draws you out of hiding. Could it be subconsciously your attracted to him? ;):evil:

alanm
11-07-2003, 03:57 AM
Hey alan, congratulations on your retirement!

I really don't have anything else to say. Just wanted to say congrats.Well I'm only 46 so I can't sit on my ass for too long. Gonna head back to school this next semester. Take some computer geek type classes. I've been offered to teach a Criminal Justice course at the Community College here, But I turned it down. I sorta feel I would be in over my head trying to run a classroom. I've also been offered a job working insurance investigations. I've got options but I want to bum around for a little while. :D

LVNHACK
11-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Now that I'm retired(4 days ago) with all kinds of time on my hands to speculate about stupid shit, I thought I'd weigh in on this. What is it that you find utterly repugnant and repulsive about Limbaugh? Obviously just the mere mention of his name draws you out of hiding. Could it be subconsciously your attracted to him? ;):evil:

ROFL ...........Congrats on the retirement.......:thumb:

KCWolfman
11-07-2003, 05:56 AM
Russ:

You handled it like I would have.....I have one for you just like yours....

My son, a 5th grader, is already 5'6", and weighs 158 lbs, and towers over everyone in his school pretty much. He is pretty much like i have brought him up to be...don't look to start to fights, but if they come for a visit, make company welcome!

So about a month ago, there is this new kid that comes to his class...he's about a foot shorter than my son, but he figures that to make his "rep" in the school he's gonna make fun of and challenge my son. He spends the better part of the week telling all the kids in earshot how he is gonna kick my son's ass...so when asked on Friday by all those he has bragged to, why he hasn't beat my son up yet, he decides there is no way out....so when they are outside he starts pushing Jacob around...at first Jacob ignores him, because the kid can't push hard enough to even make him notice....so instead he pushes one of the kids that my son is playing a game with...when Jacob grabs him and puts him in a bear hug, the kids starts crying like a baby. We are called to school to discuss my son's "aggressive tendencies" and the need for counseling and/or medication.

Unlike your situation Russ, we didn't need an Inquisition..all we had to do is ask the witnesses...the other kids in the yard, and those to whom the new kid had been bragging to and we had our answer.

After all this had subsided, the principal still tried to convince us that young fellas like my son, who are abnormally larger than kids his age, usually use it to their advantage and are bullies. And that the best thing we could do for him was to get him counseling now, before he starts, so that, as Barney Fife would put it, we could nip it in the bud. Sensing my wife was going to give the Principal a show-and-tell version of what real aggressive tendencies were, I stood up, told the principal that this meeting was over with, and so was this incident...

mmaddog

Mmarkddog - The more I read of your stuff, the more I realize that you, Stevie, and myself are all cut from the same bolt of cloth.

KCWolfman
11-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Two Words.

Military School.
No, four words, all male military school

KCWolfman
11-07-2003, 06:01 AM

Actually we were talking about our parents not ourselves in regards to discipline. There is more than one dose of irony in your statement when you mention you are living the moment and we don't know what we are talking about while in the same breathe you have never raised a child of your own.

I have 4 kids we are raising. None have ever been in serious trouble, all get decent grades, and we are approaching the teenage years for the youngest one now. If you think you can raise them better, you are welcome to take the financial responsibility.

KCWolfman
11-07-2003, 06:03 AM
Well I'm only 46 so I can't sit on my ass for too long. Gonna head back to school this next semester. Take some computer geek type classes. I've been offered to teach a Criminal Justice course at the Community College here, But I turned it down. I sorta feel I would be in over my head trying to run a classroom. I've also been offered a job working insurance investigations. I've got options but I want to bum around for a little while. :D
Now, I officially hate you Alan.

Seriously, congrats. No easy task you have accomplished.

Michael Michigan
11-07-2003, 09:50 AM
No, four words, all male military school

Even better.

Slayer Diablo
11-07-2003, 11:32 PM
I can definitely agree on some of that (there were a couple things he probably should've left out). Like what's up with all these people act'n like they're so pissed off at someone then not doing anything about it? If you're gonna go around complain'n or say'n how pissed you are, then go out and take care of it...none of this talk'n crap without do'n anything, and definitely don't go around scheduling fights.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-08-2003, 12:26 AM
When I'm in a relationship, I'm usually whipped pretty bad. So says my friends...

Slayer Diablo
11-06-2004, 11:03 PM
BUMP!!!

Kinda funny that this is forced out of retirement a year after its creation to the day....

David.
11-06-2004, 11:41 PM
uhhhhh

Frazod
11-06-2004, 11:56 PM
Excellent thread! Thanks for bumping it, Slayer. I'd give you rep, but your rep is disabled, so to hell with you. :p

Raiderhater
11-07-2004, 12:38 AM
I missed this the first time around. Fun read.

Rausch
11-07-2004, 12:56 AM
People who don't like Fight Club are definitely uber-metro-sexual...

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 12:57 AM
I dont like schitzo movies, does that make me metro?

Jenson71
11-07-2004, 01:00 AM
People who don't like Fight Club are definitely uber-metro-sexual...

Fight Club was horrible.

BTW, after one whole year, I'm still right in this thread. At least, I think I'm still right. Yeah, I'm right.

Frazod
11-07-2004, 01:01 AM
Fight Club was horrible.

BTW, after one whole year, I'm still right in this thread. At least, I think I'm still right. Yeah, I'm right.

Fight Club rocked.

And you're still a punk. :p

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:03 AM
Fight Club was horrible.

I don't like fight club because, well... It's a schitzo movie thats main feature is fighting.
Give me fighting with a plot any day of the week.

Jenson71
11-07-2004, 01:06 AM
Fight Club rocked.

And you're still a punk. :p

ROFL :thumb:

old bastard

Rausch
11-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Fight Club was horrible.

Well, if a movie said that stubborn, drunken germans were ruining society and worthless as tits on a boar hog I'd probably hate it too...

Jenson71
11-07-2004, 01:10 AM
I don't like fight club because, well... It's a schitzo movie thats main feature is fighting.

Well then you'd like WWE Raw or whatever the hell they call it now.

Actually, this is better. Enjoy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081398/)

Rausch
11-07-2004, 01:10 AM

The fighting was a minor part of the movie. And it did have a plot.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Well then you'd like WWE Raw or whatever the hell they call it now.

Actually, this is better. Enjoy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081398/)
**** that shit. WWE is teh gh3y!
Plotted fighting like:
John Wayne
Top Gun
Mission Impossible
James Bond
Rush hour and Rush hour 2
Terminator
Aliens
Star Wars
The list goes on and on...

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:12 AM
The fighting was a minor part of the movie. And it did have a plot.
Generic Schizo plot.

Frazod
11-07-2004, 01:15 AM
Generic Schizo plot.

:spock:

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:17 AM
:spock:
I just hate schizo movies.... Enough said.

Rausch
11-07-2004, 01:19 AM
I just hate schizo movies.... Enough said.

You mean intellectual...

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:20 AM
You mean intellectual...
If by intellectual you mean schizo movies, then yes. However I didnt find it to be too intellectual. The prospect of a man starting a movement with his second personality that would overthrow the government by beating the shit out of one another just doesnt seem intellectual to me.

Jenson71
11-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Did someone say something about intellectual films? (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000095/)

I must promote him. Otherwise, he'll just make all his movies only available in France. We don't want to be behind the froggies now, do we?

Frazod
11-07-2004, 01:23 AM
If by intellectual you mean schizo movies, then yes. However I didnt find it to be too intellectual. The prospect of a man starting a movement with his second personality that would overthrow the government by beating the shit out of one another just doesnt seem intellectual to me.

No, they bond by beating the shit out of each other. They want to defeat the system by blowing shit up.

Granted, the end played a lot better prior to 9/11.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 01:26 AM
No, they bond by beating the shit out of each other. They want to defeat the system by blowing shit up.

Granted, the end played a lot better prior to 9/11.
The intelligence factor is just f*cking great. ^MY POINT EXACTLY^

At anyrate, blowing up the WTC sure didnt disrupt the economy as exaggeratedly as it did in Fight Club, as stated in you last post.

Frazod
11-07-2004, 01:29 AM
The intelligence factor is just f*cking great. ^MY POINT EXACTLY^

At anyrate, blowing up the WTC sure didnt disrupt the economy as exaggeratedly as it did in Fight Club, as stated in you last post.

What I meant by that is the idea of seeing buildings collapse post 9/11 is a bit disturbing now. I didn't really feel I needed to explain that.

As to what you're talking about, I have no idea. IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.

Coach
11-07-2004, 01:35 AM
Whenever I have a son, I give him just one simple rule. Don't hit anyone. Anybody who ever hits you, anyone, give it to them. Don't take the first punch, but wait for the opponent to give the first punch. Then you can react in self-defense.

Straight, No Chaser
11-07-2004, 01:53 AM
IT'S ONLY A MOVIE.

Funny story: I had a rather eccentric neighbor who told me a story about going up to Prescott as a youngster. Once he was fortune enough to see "Tom Mix" westerns being filmed (this man is obviously dead now). He said they painted the horses hooves white for the camera (among other FX). After that he said he quit watching movies because "they're all fake".

Anyway I think Brad Pitt is barely watchable but Ed Norton is good. However, I'd rather watch his girfriend in anything.

----->

teedubya
11-07-2004, 02:10 AM
I missed this thread the first time around too... great thread... so true, most of it. I think the problem with this guy is... his name is Kim Du Toit... that, my friend, is about as UNMANLY of a name that you can have...

Also, He said "I want a man..." no less than 6 times in that article... He is dealing with some issues.

heh.

David.
11-07-2004, 02:25 AM
**** that shit. WWE is teh gh3y!
Plotted fighting like:
John Wayne
Top Gun
Mission Impossible
James Bond
Rush hour and Rush hour 2
Terminator
Aliens
Star Wars
The list goes on and on...

ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap (minus John Wayne :shrug: ). Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.

David.
11-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Did someone say something about intellectual films? (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000095/)

I must promote him. Otherwise, he'll just make all his movies only available in France. We don't want to be behind the froggies now, do we?

GOD Woody Allen's movies make me want to stab myself in the face.

KcMizzou
11-07-2004, 02:32 AM
ROFLROFL

Nightfyre
ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap (minus John Wayne :shrug: ). Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.
Dont question my intelligence, if you please. You may question my taste in entertainment to any degree you wish. However, each film listed their is considered revolutionary in its own right (excepting the Rush Hour films... I like comedy quite a bit tho, what can I say. Mel Brooks is my favorite.) At any rate, your questioning of my intelligence is intolerable seeing as you dont even know me personally and therefore cannot know the extent of it. I understand fight club. I just fail to fall into the mindless masses who praise it. I didn't like the film. This is not a reflection of my intelligence. I hope you get the point by now.

David.
Anyway I think Brad Pitt is barely watchable but Ed Norton is good. However, I'd rather watch his girfriend in anything.

Two of my favorite actors.

Pitt - Fight Club, Snatch, Se7en, 12 monkeys, Oceans Eleven, Seven Years in Tibet, hell I even liked Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.

Norton - Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, Red Dragon(kind of)

David.
11-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Dont question my intelligence, if you please. You may question my taste in entertainment to any degree you wish. However, each film listed their is considered revolutionary in its own right (excepting the Rush Hour films... I like comedy quite a bit tho, what can I say. Mel Brooks is my favorite.) At any rate, your questioning of my intelligence is intolerable seeing as you dont even know me personally and therefore cannot know the extent of it. I understand fight club. I just fail to fall into the mindless masses who praise it. I didn't like the film. This is not a reflection of my intelligence. I hope you get the point by now.

ROFL aww, someone takes the intraweb too seriously.

Stupid :p

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 02:34 AM
Two of my favorite actors.

Pitt - Fight Club, Snatch, Se7en, 12 monkeys, Oceans Eleven, Seven Years in Tibet, hell I even liked Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles.

Norton - Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, Red Dragon(kind of)
I really liked Se7en, that was a movie with a statement to make. I also approved of ocean's eleven, it was a well-structured, well-thought out movie. I loved American History X.

David.
11-07-2004, 02:34 AM

Revolutionary? Hardly. Pop hit? Definitely.

David.
11-07-2004, 02:35 AM
I really liked Se7en, that was a movie with a statement to make. I also approved of ocean's eleven, it was a well-structured, well-thought out movie. I loved American History X.

american history x is one of my favorite movies. It was just....great.

Rausch
11-07-2004, 02:43 AM

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Pop hit?
See Fight Club

Each film I listed brought a new element to the film industry.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 02:46 AM
american history x is one of my favorite movies. It was just....great.
Just touching and saddening.
Ironic, yet realistic. Very Realistic.

David.
11-07-2004, 02:47 AM
Top Gun(crap)
Mission Impossible(crap)
James Bond(crap)
Rush hour and Rush hour 2(supercrap)
Terminator(kindacrap)
Aliens(crap)
Star Wars(ubernerdycrap)

meh :shrug:

KcMizzou
11-07-2004, 02:48 AM
american history x is one of my favorite movies. It was just....great. Great movie... that scene with the teeth, and the curb... ugh. *shudder*

David.
11-07-2004, 02:49 AM
BITE THE CURB!

very effed up

David.
11-07-2004, 02:49 AM
it's the sound that gets me, when you hear the teeth click the pavement. Freaks me out.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Top Gun(crap)
Mission Impossible(crap)
James Bond(crap)
Rush hour and Rush hour 2(supercrap)
Terminator(kindacrap)
Aliens(crap)
Star Wars(ubernerdycrap)

meh :shrug:
I dont see what's not to love.
Top Gun is awesome for the part about falling back on old tactics because they were 4x more effective.
James Bond is always awesome if not because he always sleeps with the woman and then leaves her.
Mission Impossible is awesome for its revolutionary music. 5/4 time signature? Then you also have the whole super suspensful thing...
Rush hour, well I like comedy and I like Chan making an ass out of himself. Plus he does his own stunts!
Terminator is one of the first films to be centered around timetravel. It was a breakthrough to bring Sci-Fi back into the popular spectrum.
Aliens is a great story line about the evils of a corporation and what they are willing to do for profit. Crew Expendable.
Star Wars was THE SciFi breakthrough of all time. They did amazing stuff for non-cheesy special effects on a low budget. The storyline was awesome. We are of course refering tothe OLD star wars trilogy.

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 02:55 AM
it's the sound that gets me, when you hear the teeth click the pavement. Freaks me out.
Never mind the whole neck angle/cracking sound during and after the event.

David.
11-07-2004, 03:00 AM
actually, that part doesn't bother me as much :shrug: it's something to do with the clicking of the teeth that just sets me off

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 03:01 AM
actually, that part doesn't bother me as much :shrug: it's something to do with the clicking of the teeth that just sets me off
How about the inevitable image of the upper jaw breaking and then careening into teh brain at highspeeds creating a misshaped head?

David.
11-07-2004, 03:02 AM
meh

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 03:03 AM
meh

ROFL

Rausch
11-07-2004, 03:03 AM
AHX is simply A Clockwork Orange for gen-x...

Nightfyre
11-07-2004, 03:04 AM
/ignore

David.
11-07-2004, 03:04 AM
i LOVE a clockwork orange

KcMizzou
11-07-2004, 03:05 AM
You're being talked about on the game thread...

Jenson71
11-07-2004, 09:10 AM

Then I hope you watch a lot of them.

Raiderhater
11-07-2004, 09:48 AM
ROFL you don't like Fight Club but you liked that crap [/U](minus John Wayne :shrug: )[/U]. Methinks someone is too stupid to understand the movie.

Very wise of you to say that.

David.
11-07-2004, 01:52 PM
well yah, John Wayne is the man. I don't know why no one makes Westerns anymore.

Hammock Parties
06-16-2013, 11:43 AM
fuck

http://www.hel-looks.com/big-photos/20130612_01.jpg

Prison Bitch
06-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Liberal feminism teaches men to be nice and cutesy with women. This is a disastrous mistake for men wanting to get laid. Genes compel women to mate with strong-willed and masculine men. If anyone believes in evolution (and you should if you have a brain), then liberal feminism would immediately be laughed at as a method to attract women.

Yet I remember long ago watching men fall over themselves trying to out-nice the next guy to get the girl. The only place that ever worked was in Hollywood teen movies and trashy women's novels.

Dylan
06-16-2013, 11:47 AM
I don't know about the 'Pussification Of The Western Male,' but I do know about the pussification of the US...

Oops. Caution, caution is out, damage everywhere...

gotta go...

Edit: Happy Father's Day!

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-16-2013, 12:13 PM
What a horrible rug.

mdchiefsfan
06-16-2013, 12:14 PM
For some reason, in my mind, that article was narrated by Ron Swanson. LMAO

06-16-2013, 12:58 PM
This article is dead on.

Don't forget all the commercials we are flooded with about men that can't get it up.

06-16-2013, 01:00 PM
To me being a man is:

Where the hell did this guy go anyway?

SPATCH
06-16-2013, 01:46 PM
which prevent us from hunting, racing our cars and motorcycles, smoking, flirting with women at the office, getting into fistfights over women, shooting criminals and doing all the fine things which being a man entails.

These are basically the benchmarks of the non-conscientious, maladjusted male. This is the male who acts primarily on animalistic impulses.

Men should be able to create/build things. Men should understand mechanisms and machinery. Men should never be afraid to tackle problems as they arise. Men buy things that will last them a lifetime and perform the proper maintenance to ensure their longevity.

Men know how to negotiate and rarely are taken advantage of.

Men have a good taste in women and pursue the women that they want.

Finally, though, real men have enough emotional intelligence to love one woman; they have the emotional intelligence to tell their children that they love them and comfortably show them their affection.

That's a man. Not all of this "guns explosions NASCAR" stuff...

listopencil
06-16-2013, 05:50 PM
What the fuck is this stupid shit?

Bambi
06-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Dwyane is not impressed.

http://beermugsports.com/storage/wade-dress-1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1371170018299

Bugeater
06-16-2013, 06:30 PM
These are basically the benchmarks of the non-conscientious, maladjusted male. This is the male who acts primarily on animalistic impulses.

Men should be able to create/build things. Men should understand mechanisms and machinery. Men should never be afraid to tackle problems as they arise. Men buy things that will last them a lifetime and perform the proper maintenance to ensure their longevity.

Men know how to negotiate and rarely are taken advantage of.

Men have a good taste in women and pursue the women that they want.

Finally, though, real men have enough emotional intelligence to love one woman; they have the emotional intelligence to tell their children that they love them and comfortably show them their affection.

That's a man. Not all of this "guns explosions NASCAR" stuff...
Is that the kind of sissy bullshit they teach you kids these days? I weep for our future.

Setsuna
06-16-2013, 09:22 PM
A man has a penis from birth. That's the only requirement and all this other stuff is rhetoric.