PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs will be 5-3 or 6-2 at week 8.

Bob KCFan Hope
09-13-2000, 01:32 PM
Go ahead a tell me how stupid Iam but I truly belive that this will happen.

Cormac
09-13-2000, 01:35 PM
My guess will be 3-5.

ColoradoChief
09-13-2000, 01:40 PM
I'm not going to call you stupid. The talent on the field would suggest that the team is capable of winning. But as we've all seen, the talent is severely handicapped by the 3 Stooges and Gun Magoo.

------------------

Red Eyes
Chinn Up.

[b]The SitCom must die!!</B>

Boise_Chief
09-13-2000, 01:47 PM
Mark - I'm less optimistic. I have the Chiefs @ 2-6.

G_Man
09-13-2000, 01:50 PM
I think I have to go with Milkman, we have the talent it is just whether or not the coaches can use it corectly.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 01:55 PM
You're not stupid, just overly optimistic...
2-6 or 3-5 would be a more likely scenario.
For the season, 5-11 or 6-10 is probably a real possibility.<BR>

Kurt Surber
09-13-2000, 01:57 PM
Your right on. That's exactly where I have them at. More wins than losses by game 8. Gun will not ignore people coming down on them for their bad coaching. At least he better not.

Bob KCFan Hope
09-13-2000, 01:59 PM
our first win will be this week,
Denver will see a real d this week and every one will see that the donks are not that good,
Seattle will turn the ball over 5 times at KC,
Oakland will be the swing game comes down to special teams,
Stl no prb

kcmax
09-13-2000, 02:12 PM
I am feeling as good after this last loss as I can recall feeling after any loss in the last few years. This brings up an interesting query.

Which would you rather have?

A team composed of mediocre/journeyman talent that plays mistake-free, inspired football. OR

A solid talented team that struggles to overcome [and tries to eliminate] occasional bad decisions.

The last two games have made a strong case for bone-headed management/play-calling. However, back at draft time, we were berating these same bone-heads for their draft picks [you know - Sly, Moreau, Wesley, Dennis].

I have no excuses for the first game whatsoever. So many things went wrong there. I have no excuses for the decisions in the second. But I will say again. That kind of Titans win is WHAT JEFF FISCHER DOES. He'll do it again at least once or twice this year. He almost did it week one against the Bills, a team prepared to host the Titans if ever there was one.

People are apoplectic as if the Chiefs have never lost a winnable game before [ever hear of Elway?]. Well they have, and they've won unwinnable ones as well - with less talent than they are showing sparks of now.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 02:19 PM
This is not a team with "occasional" bad coaching decisions. This is a team with "consistent" bad coaching decisions, as evidenced by the last 2 regular season games of 1999, the 4 preseason games of 2000, and the 2 regular season games of 2000.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Snapper
09-13-2000, 02:24 PM
Your not stupid...your Kckrazy! *grin*

kcmax
09-13-2000, 02:27 PM
Using coaching decisions from preseason games as evidence? Not sure that's your wisest move there, Fly.

Boise_Chief
09-13-2000, 02:29 PM
JCJ -

What we are witnessing is Bob Booneesq. The coaching is so inept that that the players are trying to win in spite of the coaching staff. No one is enraged that they are losing winnable games, however, they are enraged that their coaching staff is keeping them from winning those games. This is unlike Chiefs Teams of the past, where game planning and team unity kept us in many ballgames and made us one of the winningest teams of the 90's.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 02:38 PM
JCJohnny, what is unwise about it?

There is a CONSISTENT pattern of poor coaching decisions, whether the games count or not!

Please argue with this statement...

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif<BR>

kcmax
09-13-2000, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR> The coaching is so inept that that the players are trying to win in spite of the coaching staff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When was that? Really, aside from the shift to zone coverage at the end of the Titans game [which was arguably necessitated by our personnel and their fresh, more accurate than McNair, backup entering the game], when did player effort seem to break the reins of inept coaching. Was it when Raye called that stupid pass to Alexander in the endzone and Alexander overcame that decision by dropping the ball? Was it one of the other 1/2-a-gazillion drops in the Indy game? Was it when Raye called that stupid run on fourth down that opened a lane to the inside, which Cloud heroically thwarted by continuing to string out the play? Was it the 50 yarder that Gun wouldn't let Stoyo take? Was it the 36 yarder he shouldn't have let Stoyo take?

I'm getting a little TIC here, but for so long many have groused that "the Chiefs have to play a perfect game to win and simply don't have the talent come playoff time." Now they're assembling more, faster, stronger, younger talent. Integration is now the order of the day. I refer back to my original question - would you rather have a talented team that has to overcome mistakes and grow together, or a less than talented team that plays at maximum ability?

I am telling Kckrazy that he is not stupid. And if 5-3, 6-2 is indeed their makr at the 1/2 way point, 2 [regular season] games of growing pains will be worth it.

DoubleWannaB
09-13-2000, 02:53 PM
I'd be ecstatic with 6-2 but I'm thinking 5-3 is more like it...

Givent the toughness of our schedule the first half, 5-3 ain't bad....

Here's to a six game winning streak... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

If someone told me before the season that the Chiefs would be 5-3 at the half way point, I would have been happy....

------------------
joe
"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together!"

kcmax
09-13-2000, 03:00 PM
Fly - No matter what you think, coaching decisions in the preseason are not made to win. Watch the new people play and don't let anybody important get hurt. Those are the only two rules in the preseason.

Omigod!! I can't believe that they pulled the first stringers after just 2 series.
Gadzooks!! I can't believe they're trying a 68 yard field goal.
Holy smokes!! Now they're going for it on 4th and 23.
What the hell are they doing running a triple reverse, alley-oop, fumble-russkie?
If I didn't know better, I'd think the coach was playing to trail with the ball at the two minute warning.

etc. etc.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 09-13-2000).]

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 03:25 PM
JCJohnny, are you agreeing or disagreeing with the statement, "There is a consistent pattern of poor coaching decisions." ??

Please give a simple YES or NO answer.<P>

kcmax
09-13-2000, 03:38 PM
NO

1. Preseason games provide neither evidence nor any portion of a consistent pattern.

2. Personnel decisions are a subset of coaching decisions. Gun had a landslide of personnel crises to deal with [some underachaiving, some criminals, some old, one resting in peace] and has emerged on the other side with what looks to be a more talented team than ever.

3. You need to separate frustrating decisions from bad or inept decisions. The most glaring example. Everyone boos the 6 runs to open the game on offense. But did anyone expect a 14-14 game at the start of the 4th quarter? By the start of that quarter, did anyone think we actually should have been ahead? The runs weren't particularly productive, but were they less productive than the dropped passes later in the game?

kcmax
09-13-2000, 03:42 PM
Also, with the "retirement" brouhaha to begin the week of the Titans game, many were saying that no professional would be willing to follow him anymore. He must have made some pretty slick coaching moves to get them as up for this game as they were, what with his mortally wounded credibility and all.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 03:47 PM
JCJohnny, thank you. I respectfully disagree with you. I think there is an established pattern of poor decisions which you can continue to make excuses for, but it still comes back to Gun.

Watch this weekend. There will be another round of bad decisions.

Bob KCFan Hope
09-13-2000, 04:51 PM
KC TX
I have to be a lot crazy to live in colorado and put up with the donky fans

chiefsnathan
09-14-2000, 11:26 AM
Chiefs: 0-17 @ end of season

[This message has been edited by Dog Day (edited 09-14-2000).]

Boise_Chief
09-14-2000, 11:30 AM
Dog -

Are you a betting man?

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-14-2000, 11:33 AM
How would the Chiefs be 0-17? Are they going to go 0-16 & still make it to the playoffs & lose to go 0-17.

Boise_Chief
09-14-2000, 11:36 AM
Thanks a lot Mizzou, you just ruined my sure thing http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

chiefsnathan
09-14-2000, 11:44 AM
The 17th game is the Pop Warner playoffs!

[This message has been edited by Dog Day (edited 09-14-2000).]

chiefsnathan
09-14-2000, 11:50 AM
At least you'll get the choice picks for next season. Maybe you could pick up Applewhite.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
09-14-2000, 11:55 AM
pass the crack pipe KCC

Buzzbait
09-14-2000, 12:03 PM
I think KC can beat SD, simply b/c the Chargers' offense is not very potent. KC's defense still has a knack for returning INTS for TDS, despite the fact that they give up yardage more than most recent years.

I think the score could be 17-10, KC's defense should shut down the Chargers just enough for KC to score as little as possible to win.

Based on the first two weeks AND if Denver can win AT Oakland - I don't see KC winning at Mile High in Week 4. If Denver gets throttled (that would be a shock to me) in Oakland, then maybe KC has a *chance*. But, I doubt it.

------------------
~Brad2K~

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-14-2000, 01:52 PM
No offense kckrazy but, I think you are out of your mind.

You think the Chiefs will go 6-0 or 5-1 in their next six games? Playing Seattle TWICE in that stretch, the Raiders once, St. Louis and AT Denver included(not in that order).

No friggin' way. 3-5 or 4-4 AT BEST by the halfway mark.

John M.

[This message has been edited by j molina (edited 09-14-2000).]

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-14-2000, 01:55 PM
I have zero doubt that it is doable.

we have the talent on the team ~ the question is will our OC let the offence score points, and will the DC stop calling soft zones.

Luz
if the answers are yes, watch out afc west...