PDA

View Full Version : Vaughn Booker's fourth qtr. collapse a mystery

ChiTown
09-18-2000, 11:42 PM
Booker's collapse a mystery
Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Cincinnati defensive end Vaughn Booker collapsed for no apparent reason during the fourth quarter of Cincinnati's 13-0 loss at Jacksonville Sunday.

The 300-pound Booker collapsed as he walked back to the huddle. He was carted off the field, regained consciousness shortly afterward and was taken to a hospital where he remained overnight for tests.

Heart tests and a brain scan came back with normal results, Bengals trainer Paul Sparling said. Booker returned to Cincinnati on Monday and was scheduled to meet with more doctors, including a neurologist, internist and cardiologist for additional tests this week.

Sparling said the 32-year-old Booker might be cleared to play this Sunday at Baltimore if doctors are able to determine why he collapsed and the cause does not present a continuing threat to his health.

Booker is in his seventh NFL season. He signed with the Bengals in February as an unrestricted free agent after playing for Green Bay last season. <P>

Joe Seahawk
09-18-2000, 11:46 PM
He probably fainted when he saw the Chiefs scored 42 pts. on "out of town" scoreboard.

AZ

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-19-2000, 06:56 AM
I wish him the best.

Luz
we should be kind to those that are not fortunate enough to play for us...

G_Man
09-19-2000, 07:05 AM
AZ - I would have to say that and the fact that he realized he left as a FA to go play for Cinci, of all places, and it hit him at once and knocked him out cold.

That being said, I wish him the best of luck and hope they figure out what happened. Hope it isn't serious.