PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans booing the defense

BigRedChief
12-15-2003, 08:41 AM
We are 12-2 playing at home for the AFC West championship and there were some pretty loud boo's for the defense. And it wasn't one time but several times. We even booed Eric Warfield when he was walking off the field.
Now, I'm as frustrated as everybody else in Chiefs nation with GR's schemes. He's got to go. We can vent here and with our buds and family.But booing our home team in Arrowhead stadium in a 12-2 season? On a day they win the AFC West Championship?

Yes, you have a right to boo. You paid your money etc.The Chiefs are our team. As long as that player is wearing the colors of my team...I will be cheering or just staying silent.

I would ask that the people who were booing a hurt chief player on my team to please ...knock it off!

To the Super Bowl baby....well if GR doesn't wreck the train...

the Talking Can
12-15-2003, 08:45 AM
heard it loud and clear on the t.v....I'd rather they didn't, but our D is soooo pathetic

stevieray
12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
They cheered when they were introduced.

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 08:48 AM
If the defense doesnt want to get booed than please sack up and stop some-Goddamned-body! from running the football. Anybody. The worst rushing team in football would have been a good start.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 08:49 AM
Personally, I never boo the Chiefs, but if someone else wants to boo when they make a bad play I don't have a problem with that.

However when Warfield was shaken up, and the PA annoucer said "Let's hear it for Eric Warfield" and the Arrowhead crowd responded with a cascade of boos, I thought that was totally classless. I was embarassed to be in the stadium.

morphius
12-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Personally, I never boo the Chiefs, but if someone else wants to boo when they make a bad play I don't have a problem with that.

However when Warfield was shaken up, and the PA annoucer said "Let's hear it for Eric Warfield" and the Arrowhead crowd responded with a cascade of boos, I thought that was totally classless. I was embarassed to be in the stadium.
That is pathetic. Warfied has been pretty solid this year, and he is a CB, not normally their fault if the D can't stop the running game.

Bwana
12-15-2003, 08:54 AM

Really? I didn't pick up the boos when Warfield was hurt, but I was watching it on TV. I did hear the D get the boo rained down on them several times during the game though. I agree, if they stick it up that bad, it's peoples choice, but to boo a hurt player is way over the edge. :shake:

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 08:56 AM

That is true. Its one thing to boo when Shawn Bryson is gashing the run D for a hundred. But its not right to boo a guy who is hurt. I didnt mean to imply that.

Personally, I boo the Chiefs when someone makes a bonehead play or call. To me its no different than coming here and complaining. I want Peterson, DV, and GR to know that in my opinion and the opinion of 76,000 others that the defense sucks and needs to be addressed. Maybe some home-boos will stiffen some backbones. It's pretty obvious that self-pride isnt getting the job done.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Yeah, he was down on the ground and the trainers came out. It looked to me like he just had a cramp or something. But then they picked him up and he was leaving the field, he was roundly booed. It wasn't just a few boos either.

Complaining here or something is one thing, but while the game is happening I am going to support them 100%. If they are playing poorly, the home crowd booing them isn't going to change anything. It's not like the player(s) don't know they screwed up. It isn't like by us booing they are going to suddenly realize "oh, damn, I was supposed to tackle him!". it doesn't to anything for their confidence, IMO it is counterproductive to the home field advantage we have built here.

Personally, I do not boo the Chiefs. Even if they went 0-16, I'm still behind them no matter what. They are the home team, I'm there to support them and help them win the game, not help the other team.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
If the defense doesnt want to get booed than please sack up and stop some-Goddamned-body! from running the football. Anybody. The worst rushing team in football would have been a good start.

Hold on. Last I checked, a couple things happened.

a.) Most importantly, we won the game

b.) We held the opposing team to less than 20 points. You do that on any NFL team, and you'll win.

c.) Bryson had one long run (39 yds), or he's everaging less than 4yds per carry otherwise

d.) They got 341 yds in total offense - what's the big deal. They were absolutely meaningless yds.

Yes, we have rush defense issues. Yes, we've been giving up lots of big rushing plays. But holy hell, we're 12-2 and we just won our 11th straight home game. Do we really have to boo?

Iowanian
12-15-2003, 09:05 AM
That was just one of several classless acts.

the Booing of injured Chiefs, the Defense when they actually did a pretty decent job, Throwing snowballs at Lions fans among others.

There were alot of douchebags who gave a pretty bad impression to People visiting the stadium for the first time. There was an exceptionally high percentage of assholes at the game yesterday......For a minute, I thought I was surrounded by Bronco fans.

superdavz
12-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Buy the way you guys are talking it sounds like this was a Cleveland agme.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 09:13 AM
...the Booing of injured Chiefs...Throwing snowballs at Lions fans among others.

Yeah, I think I can confidently say after being at Arrowhead yesterday that of all the things you can experience in life, some people would put throwing a snowball right at the top of the list. There were numerous people on the club level in the west end zone that were laughing their asses off as they bombed showballs on the helpless people below them trying to watch the game, and I also saw a number of snowballs aimed at the back judge and the lions' bench area. Pretty ridiculous behavior for supposed adults.

All in all it was a pretty poor showing for Chiefs fans and Kansas City as a whole.

Iowanian
12-15-2003, 09:21 AM
I'm a bit of a hypocrit though......I did throw one snowball.....2 guys, 3 rows down repeatedly threw snowball after snowball at a couple of Lions fans half way down the section......I pelted one of them in the head with about a 65mph fastball. They refrained from throwing any more.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 09:23 AM
I'm a bit of a hypocrit though......I did throw one snowball.....2 guys, 3 rows down repeatedly threw snowball after snowball at a couple of Lions fans half way down the section......I pelted one of them in the head with about a 65mph fastball. They refrained from throwing any more.

Nope. That's similar to Justifiable Homicide.. I'll call it a "good shooting"...

Chief Faithful
12-15-2003, 09:28 AM
Booing Warfield is wrong as he has been one of the better players on defense this year and he is ascending.

Booing the defense is general is a great thing even though the team is 12-2. CP and DV need to understand the fans want a change on defense and there is no better way to deliver the message then to boo.

wazu
12-15-2003, 09:31 AM
I disagree with booing an individual player like that. I'm disappointed that it happened. However I think the defense as a whole deserves the boos.

I think most people in Arrowhead already know how this season is going to end. Our defense will collapse in the playoffs and cost us what should have been a very good chance at a Superbowl win.

All anybody ever asked of this defense was to not be horrible. They can't even deliver that.

MichaelH
12-15-2003, 09:40 AM
I heard the booing on the radio and as I stated yesterday they deserved it. Eric Warfield didn't deserve it though. That was classless. It shows the frustration of the fans that the defense made a mediocre offense seem so productive. If the Lions Wr's didn't drop so many passes, the game would not have been a blowout and I imagine most here wouldn't be so compassionate. I hold my breath and cross my toes everytime the D takes the field. I'm afraid Randy Moss and company won't make the same mistakes this week and unless we score 50 points, we are assured a loss.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I'm afraid Randy Moss and company won't make the same mistakes this week and unless we score 50 points, we are assured a loss.

You're totally right, a 12-2 team has ZERO chance against a team that has lost 6 out of 8. :rolleyes:

morphius
12-15-2003, 09:45 AM
I don't see anything wrong with a little bit of home policing.

I have to wonder how many people just showed up in a pissed off mood after the loss last week, just waiting to let loose. Add in a little bit extra drinking, and add snow, and bam, you have a stadium full of idiots.

wazu
12-15-2003, 09:47 AM
You're totally right, a 12-2 team has ZERO chance against a team that has lost 6 out of 8. :rolleyes:

The Chiefs will need to score 40 to even have a chance against the Vikings.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 09:50 AM
Booing Warfield was a bush-league move...

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 09:51 AM

Priceless.

Minnesota scores 10 points on the 6-8 Bears, and somehow the Chiefs need to pray to the Lord Almighty to get 40 points this Saturday in order to have a chance. Brilliant.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Priceless.

Minnesota scores 10 points on the 6-8 Bears, and somehow the Chiefs need to pray to the Lord Almighty to get 40 points this Saturday in order to have a chance. Brilliant.

Yes, nothing short of divine intervention will give us a prayer of beating a team in a near free-fall. The Chiefs just have not proven they can find ways to win this year. Jesus Christ himself would have to come down and play defensive tackle for us to win :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chief Faithful
12-15-2003, 09:54 AM

The Vikings have a poor defense and poor running game, which is exactly the profile the Chiefs match up very well. Chicago is the bigger concern as they have a very good defense and a fairly good running game. Still, the Chiefs should take them both.

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 09:55 AM
I was going to send a carefully crafted email to Carl Peterson explaining my displeasure with our rush defense and lack of pressure on opposing QBs. I had planned on CCing Coach Vermiel and Group-Defense/All. For effect I was going to include a Microsoft Excell document that graphed trends in our rush yards allowed and compared past teams rush defense rankings. I thought maybe a link to NFL.com stats page to illustrate our current shortcomings would be a nice addition.

But they took my laptop so I booed instead.

wazu
12-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Priceless.

I know. It's a pretty sad indictment of our garbage defense. Denver lost to the bears and they hung 45 on us. Do you know who has a better offense than Denver? Minnesota. They have the #1 offense in the league.

It's going to be ugly.

wazu
12-15-2003, 09:58 AM
The Vikings have a poor defense and poor running game, which is exactly the profile the Chiefs match up very well.

They have the #5 rushing offense in the league, averaging over 140 yards per game.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 10:01 AM
I know. It's a pretty sad indictment of our garbage defense. Denver lost to the bears and they hung 45 on us. Do you know who has a better offense than Denver? Minnesota. They have the #1 offense in the league.

It's going to be ugly.

Yeah, it is. Dante Culpepper fumbling away games is always ugly.

ChiTown
I was going to send a carefully crafted email to Carl Peterson explaining my displeasure with our rush defense and lack of pressure on opposing QBs. I had planned on CCing Coach Vermiel and Group-Defense/All. For effect I was going to include a Microsoft Excell document that graphed trends in our rush yards allowed and compared past teams rush defense rankings. I thought maybe a link to NFL.com stats page to illustrate our current shortcomings would be a nice addition.

But they took my laptop so I booed instead.

:)

Look, here's the deal. We've got what we've got for the balance of the year. There's no stud (s) in Wichita or Omaha that we can bring up for the stretch run. These guys, believe it or not, need our support. If they were just disinterested and not trying, then go for the all out gutteral boo. However, this team hustles, and plays to the best of their ability. This ain't your 2000-01 Goonther Chiefs.

News Flash: We Are In The Thick Of Things. Stop booing and start enjoying the ride! Thank ye....

Stinger
Jesus Christ himself would have to come down and play defensive tackle for us to win :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Will that cost a first round draft pick?

wazu
12-15-2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah, it is. Dante Culpepper fumbling away games is always ugly.

You have to actually be able to put pressure on the QB if you want him to fumble for you.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 10:04 AM
You have to actually be able to put pressure on the QB if you want him to fumble for you.

You must be one miserable sombitch.

morphius
12-15-2003, 10:06 AM
They have the #5 rushing offense in the league, averaging over 140 yards per game.
Saved me some time, I was just going to go look that up. I think he underestamates them because they do the old RBbC, and just got their best RB off of injury.

MN doesn't have a drive offense, they are a big play offense with little to no patience. Sadly we have been giving up some big plays, but if we are able to stop that, they will get frustrated.

BigRedChief
12-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Jesus Christ himself would have to come down and play defensive tackle for us to win :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope he has better things to be doing......but helping get the Chiefs to the Super Bowl should be up there on his "to do" list.

:doh!: I'm going to hell for that one!

Chief Faithful
12-15-2003, 10:12 AM

That didn't help me feel better. :(

ROYC75
12-15-2003, 10:13 AM
How can anybody be happy with our defense ? Really, anybody ?

I can understand the booing, we have a team that has a very good offense, good special team play and a chance to get back to the SB this year ?

Again, how can somebody blame the fans for booing the defense ?

I wasn't at the game, yesterday I was a s mild as I could get setting in front of the TV. I knew this game wasn't going to be close, I wasn't even up as much for it like other games this season. But was I pissed about the _efense.......... you freak'n A right I was ! :banghead:

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 10:13 AM

Don't watch then.

If it's really THAT bad, you have no reason to watch. You already know the outcome.

wazu
12-15-2003, 10:14 AM
You must be one miserable sombitch.

I'm really not. I actually think we may put up 40+ on Minnesota this week. It's just too bad that we pretty much have to.

KCWolfman
12-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Booing at home is like condemning a family member in public.

I will carp with everyone else, but I won't do it in front of the enemy.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 10:15 AM
Will that cost a first round draft pick?

...and would he be either a 'reach', a 'sure bust', or a 'wasted pick'? :hmmm:

At any rate, one wonders if doom is so assured why anyone would be watching the game. If there is no way in hell we are going to win then why subject yourself to the horror?

Me, I'm making a 7 hour road trip to the game and I couldn't be more amped. It's the Chiefs, my first ever road game, it's a big game, and I am going to be there to see it. I couldn't be more pumped! There is a reason why they play the games instead of a bunch of people sitting around deciding who the best team is. This isn't college football people, and maybe Minnesota will take us out behind the woodshed but they are going to have to do it before I start hanging my head in shame. I can't wait for this game. It could be a track meet, or the Culpepper that shows up about 50% of the time and we could blow the roof off the place. No amount of muckraking on the planet this week is going to bring me down. :) :thumb:

KCWolfman
12-15-2003, 10:17 AM
...and would he be either a 'reach', a 'sure bust', or a 'wasted pick'? :hmmm:

At any rate, one wonders if doom is so assured why anyone would be watching the game. If there is no way in hell we are going to win then why subject yourself to the horror?

Me, I'm making a 7 hour road trip to the game and I couldn't be more amped. It's the Chiefs, my first ever road game, it's a big game, and I am going to be there to see it. I couldn't be more pumped! There is a reason why they play the games instead of a bunch of people sitting around deciding who the best team is. This isn't college football people, and maybe Minnesota will take us out behind the woodshed but they are going to have to do it before I start hanging my head in shame. I can't wait for this game. It could be a track meet, or the Culpepper that shows up about 50% of the time and we could blow the roof off the place. No amount of muckraking on the planet this week is going to bring me down. :) :thumb:

After watching Moss bat down a ball intended for him while he was watching a LB come after him in the highlight reels last night, I really don't fear him or Culpepper.

htismaqe
I'm really not. I actually think we may put up 40+ on Minnesota this week. It's just too bad that we pretty much have to.

Minnesota won't score more than 24 points.

Dartgod
I heard the boos, but just figured there was a large Chiefsplanet contingent at the game yesterday.

Stinger
12-15-2003, 10:20 AM
I heard the boos, but just figured there was a large Chiefsplanet contingent at the game yesterday.

:clap: :LOL: ROFL

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM
After watching Moss bat down a ball intended for him while he was watching a LB come after him in the highlight reels last night, I really don't fear him or Culpepper.

In the one time they matched up, Warfield did a very respectable job on Moss. Held him to 5 catches.

Eleazar
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM

Come on man, only winning by 4 touchdowns is totally unacceptable.

RNR
12-15-2003, 10:22 AM
After watching Moss bat down a ball intended for him while he was watching a LB come after him in the highlight reels last night, I really don't fear him or Culpepper.I saw that :shake:

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 10:26 AM
How can anybody be happy with our defense ? Really, anybody ?

I can understand the booing, we have a team that has a very good offense, good special team play and a chance to get back to the SB this year ?

Again, how can somebody blame the fans for booing the defense ?

I wasn't at the game, yesterday I was a s mild as I could get setting in front of the TV. I knew this game wasn't going to be close, I wasn't even up as much for it like other games this season. But was I pissed about the _efense.......... you freak'n A right I was ! :banghead:

Who says we're happy? There's just not a GD'd thing we can do about it this late in the season. What FN good is booing going to do? These guys need our support - that might actually help the team. The only statement that booing a 12-2 team at Home makes is that you're (not you Roy) an idiot.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Who says we're happy? There's just not a GD'd thing we can do about it this late in the season. What FN good is booing going to do? These guys need our support - that might actually help the team. The only statement that booing a 12-2 team at Home makes is that you're (not you Roy) an idiot.

Great post.

Absolute
12-15-2003, 10:41 AM
I never, ever, boo our team. I think it's classless and demoralizing for a player to hear. Refs, yes. Our team, no way. I don't even boo the opposing team when they're introduced. I wish the whole stadium would just stand there and stare, not making a sound. I think that would freak out the other team more than loud booing does.
As for yesterday, I didn't hear the boos for the defense. I sit 17 rows up on the third level.. maybe you could only hear it below, I don't know. I did hear it when EW left the field and I was so embarrased for all of the KC fans. The only thing I can think of to possibly explain yesterday is that many of the regular season ticket holders stayed home because of the weather and sold their tickets to their inbred, trailer trash, no-class friends and relatives. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

wazu
12-15-2003, 10:43 AM
Who says we're happy? There's just not a GD'd thing we can do about it this late in the season.

Yeah, that's what we were saying last year, too. But Vermeil kept Robinson and now it looks like it's going to cost us the ultimate football prize. Boo them till your throat hurts for all I care.

The only games I'll be going to the rest of this season are the playoff game(s). Once we get there, I won't boo. I still will hold out hope, and just scream and yell and create as much positive Arrowhead mojo as possible.

Chief Henry
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM

Are you left handed or right handed ?

morphius
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
The thing that worries me is if the fans turn on the D, they will probably not get as loud. At which point, home field does us nothing.

wazu
12-15-2003, 10:50 AM
The thing that worries me is if the fans turn on the D, they will probably not get as loud. At which point, home field does us nothing.

I doubt it. Arrowhead fans know what to do. Although I will say that having gone to a couple of games this year, it is harder to keep the intensity that we did in the old days when our D was good. When the other team just converts third down after third down, my voice is just about gone by the third quarter.

Brock
12-15-2003, 10:51 AM
It's always hilarious to see someone claiming to know more about football than Vermeil does. All he has ever done is win everywhere he's ever been, but I'm sure if he had you to advise him, the Chiefs would be a lot better.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 11:03 AM
Yeah, that's what we were saying last year, too. But Vermeil kept Robinson and now it looks like it's going to cost us the ultimate football prize. Boo them till your throat hurts for all I care.

Again, you amaze me with your soothsayer-like talents. Of course, it's easy to predict their downfall when they have won just about every game. I mean, eventually, you might be correct.... :rolleyes:

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 11:23 AM
I doubt it. Arrowhead fans know what to do. Although I will say that having gone to a couple of games this year, it is harder to keep the intensity that we did in the old days when our D was good. When the other team just converts third down after third down, my voice is just about gone by the third quarter.

Yeah, it's amazing how much winning by 28 points takes out of you. Not at all like the good ole days and losing 14-10.

The Pitt and Denver games at Arrowhead this year were louder than anything during the Marty years...

wazu
12-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, it's amazing how much winning by 28 points takes out of you. Not at all like the good ole days and losing 14-10.

The Pitt and Denver games at Arrowhead this year were louder than anything during the Marty years...

I never said it sucked winning by 28 points. If we can do that against a playoff-caliber team I'll take back everything I've ever said about Robinson.

And you're right, the Denver game was off-the-charts loud. Of course, back then I think KC fans were still holding out hope that the new-look defense might not turn out to be as bad as it was in 2002. People want to believe. Our defense has done everything possible to squelch that hope.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 11:39 AM
I never said it sucked winning by 28 points. If we can do that against a playoff-caliber team I'll take back everything I've ever said about Robinson.

And you're right, the Denver game was off-the-charts loud. Of course, back then I think KC fans were still holding out hope that the new-look defense might not turn out to be as bad as it was in 2002. People want to believe. Our defense has done everything possible to squelch that hope.

People don't want to believe. If that were the case, they wouldn't be BOOING a 12-2 team.

They want any excuse at all to bitch and moan.

wazu
12-15-2003, 11:42 AM
It's always hilarious to see someone claiming to know more about football than Vermeil does. All he has ever done is win everywhere he's ever been, but I'm sure if he had you to advise him, the Chiefs would be a lot better.

Winning isn't all he's done. His winning percentage is barely above .500. I still like him as head coach and love a lot of the things he has done since coming here.

But if he had fired Robinson in the offseason I think we would have a runaway Superbowl juggernaught on our hands. He failed to do what every single person who has followed the Chiefs at all the past three years knew had to be done. That's a frustrating fact to accept.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Winning isn't all he's done. His winning percentage is barely above .500. I still like him as head coach and love a lot of the things he has done since coming here.

But if he had fired Robinson in the offseason I think we would have a runaway Superbowl juggernaught on our hands. He failed to do what every single person who has followed the Chiefs at all the past three years knew had to be done. That's a frustrating fact to accept.

Firing Robinson alone won't fix this defense. We've STILL got personnel issues.

Robinson won 2 Super Bowls. The difference between here and Denver?

Nope, we have every bit the offense they did.

DEFENSIVE TALENT.

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 11:59 AM
People don't want to believe. If that were the case, they wouldn't be BOOING a 12-2 team.

They want any excuse at all to bitch and moan.

Personally, I wasnt booing the 12-2 team. I was booing a defense that needed to make a statement after last weeks (and the last 2 months) debacle.

I would have liked to see some sign that when absolutely necessary that KC could stop the run. That when embarrassed bad enough the front 7 could come out like wild animals and swarm to the ball. Some indication that when push-came-to-shove-came-to-crotch-kick that we had a group a men with enough pride in their work to get the job done regardless of booing or big leads.

It is clear to me now that our Superbowl aspirations lie on the shoulders of Trent Green, Priest Holmes, the Oline, Gonzo, Dante, TRich, Kennison, and Morton.

So I boo the defense so they know that I realize they are a bunch of coattail-riding slackers that are not getting the job done. Maybe instead of crying about how I am booing them, Hicks and the gang will take a look in the mirror and get just a little fed up with their own perfomance. And if my booing doesnt help them realize that then how it it hurt? If it is meaningless either way than no-harm, no-foul.

This is my most satisfying Chiefs season in memory. Because I was one who said that a strong offense was far more critical than a strong defense. I'm not looking for a reason to bitch and moan. But a little booing of this defense is a harmless exercise of frustration release.

And if they want to hear the cheers, like I said: stop somebody. I'll yell my fuggen head off for a QB sack. I'll strain a vocal chord for a 3 and out. Hell, I'll get larangytis for gang-tackle.

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Firing Robinson alone won't fix this defense. We've STILL got personnel issues.

Robinson won 2 Super Bowls. The difference between here and Denver?

Nope, we have every bit the offense they did.

DEFENSIVE TALENT.

100% correct.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Personally, I wasnt booing the 12-2 team. I was booing a defense that needed to make a statement after last weeks (and the last 2 months) debacle.

I would have liked to see some sign that when absolutely necessary that KC could stop the run. That when embarrassed bad enough the front 7 could come out like wild animals and swarm to the ball. Some indication that when push-came-to-shove-came-to-crotch-kick that we had a group a men with enough pride in their work to get the job done regardless of booing or big leads.

It is clear to me now that our Superbowl aspirations lie on the shoulders of Trent Green, Priest Holmes, the Oline, Gonzo, Dante, TRich, Kennison, and Morton.

So I boo the defense so they know that I realize they are a bunch of coattail-riding slackers that are not getting the job done. Maybe instead of crying about how I am booing them, Hicks and the gang will take a look in the mirror and get just a little fed up with their own perfomance. And if my booing doesnt help them realize that then how it it hurt? If it is meaningless either way than no-harm, no-foul.

This is my most satisfying Chiefs season in memory. Because I was one who said that a strong offense was far more critical than a strong defense. I'm not looking for a reason to bitch and moan. But a little booing of this defense is a harmless exercise of frustration release.

And if they want to hear the cheers, like I said: stop somebody. I'll yell my fuggen head off for a QB sack. I'll strain a vocal chord for a 3 and out. Hell, I'll get larangytis for gang-tackle.

That's all fine and dandy. How do you explain booing Eric Warfield when 1) he was injured and 2) he isn't even 1% of our problems on defense? Are the general fans of the Chiefs just THAT ignorant?

The Bad Guy
12-15-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm sick of all this oversensitive bullshit.

If you don't want to get booed, stop a god damn running back one week.

The media has blasted them, they've been called out they were supposed to be soo embarrased last year and that should serve as motivation enough to get their god damn act together defensively. But it hasn't.

I'm glad they boo. Maybe this will light some type of flame under their ass because nothing else is.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm sick of all this oversensitive bullshit.

If you don't want to get booed, stop a god damn running back one week.

The media has blasted them, they've been called out they were supposed to be soo embarrased last year and that should serve as motivation enough to get their god damn act together defensively. But it hasn't.

I'm glad they boo. Maybe this will light some type of flame under their ass because nothing else is.

Did you ever think that maybe they're just NOT THAT GOOD?

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 12:06 PM
That's all fine and dandy. How do you explain booing Eric Warfield when 1) he was injured and 2) he isn't even 1% of our problems on defense? Are the general fans of the Chiefs just THAT ignorant?

I specifically posted that booing any injured player is uncalled for. And, imo, his performance alone does not warrant booing. Unfortunately as a member of a unit that has played as bad as the D has he gets caught in the booing crossfire.

Kinda like how Snacks Willis gets cheers.

KCN
12-15-2003, 12:08 PM
If you want to boo, then boo. Personally I would never boo any team of mine and never have. And when you root for the Royals, Tigers and Aggies, you have plenty reason to boo.

Just please don't make Chiefs fans look like classless idiots.

As far as throwing snowballs and harrassing fans of the opposing teams, I wish I could pack these morons up and send them to Denver or Oakland. These people are not Kansas Citians.

50yrplan
12-15-2003, 12:10 PM
The Lions (4-10), despite their first 100-yard rushing day in more than a year,

I wouldnt boo either. I just boo hoo hoo every time our D steps on the field.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2003, 12:17 PM

I know they aren't that good. It's just strange to me that we get Vonnie Holliday, and he is touted as one of the best run stopping DEs, and then draft Sims because hs is supposed to be a dominant DT. Then we add Barber, who I watched a lot last year and he was a pretty good run stopping LB. They aren't that good, but they should be better than 30th in the league in run defense. I think scheme plays a larger role in this than you think.

So basically, just because they aren't that good doesn't give us reason to boo?

wazu
12-15-2003, 12:19 PM

No. The Chief defense under Kurt Schottenheimer was "NOT THAT GOOD". This defense is all-time bad, and with no excuses. They are supported by arguably the best offense in football, and generally given fairly good field position by special teams. They also have at worst average talent.

htismaqe
12-15-2003, 12:31 PM
I know they aren't that good. It's just strange to me that we get Vonnie Holliday, and he is touted as one of the best run stopping DEs, and then draft Sims because hs is supposed to be a dominant DT. Then we add Barber, who I watched a lot last year and he was a pretty good run stopping LB. They aren't that good, but they should be better than 30th in the league in run defense. I think scheme plays a larger role in this than you think.

Not at all. I'm saying that maybe they ARE mad/embarassed/etc. and just don't have the tools to do anything about it.

That being said, I firmly believe it's 50/50 on this defense - 50% scheme and 50% personnel.

Hicks, Browning, and others are marginal players and always have been. That's why our defense was bad before Robinson got here -- too many mediocre players.

The reason we've gotten worse under Robinson is because his scheme, in order to even be MARGINALLY successful, requires SUPERIOR talent up front. Trevor Pryce, Keith Traylor, and Neil Smith were that talent. We don't have anything close.

My biggest bitch with Robinson is not changing his scheme to better fit the personnel -- I'm not sure he knows how.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 12:40 PM

I'm sorry, but booing a 12-2 team just shows a lack of appreciation for what the Chiefs 12-2 Team has accomplished. Winning is all that matters. If it's not the thing that counts, then the NE Patriots have some serious issues to address of their own.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Coogs
12-15-2003, 12:40 PM

I started a thread last April (right after the draft) that delt with enough talent has been added to the defense for everyone to know weather it was talent or scheme. It is time for GR to step up to the plate.

Unfortunately, I can only search back until July so I can not pull up the thread. I would love to bring that thread up, because nearly everyone here agreed we have enough talent in place for that decision to be made.

We have some real aging issues that are going to start showing on the offensive side of the ball real soon, and this years draft could do wonders for fixing that problem.

I'm still voting scheme (other than the guys minds were on Iraq yesterday :rolleyes: ). I think we have the personal to get nasty and force 3 and outs. I think our front 7 has enough talent to play physical, pin your ears back, and here we come vs both the run and pass. And I also think our secondary has enough talent to allow the front 7 to play that way.

I could go on, but I have to get back to work! :banghead:

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 12:42 PM
Not at all. I'm saying that maybe they ARE mad/embarassed/etc. and just don't have the tools to do anything about it.

That being said, I firmly believe it's 50/50 on this defense - 50% scheme and 50% personnel.

Hicks, Browning, and others are marginal players and always have been. That's why our defense was bad before Robinson got here -- too many mediocre players.

The reason we've gotten worse under Robinson is because his scheme, in order to even be MARGINALLY successful, requires SUPERIOR talent up front. Trevor Pryce, Keith Traylor, and Neil Smith were that talent. We don't have anything close.

My biggest bitch with Robinson is not changing his scheme to better fit the personnel -- I'm not sure he knows how.

Completely 100% agree!

Clint in Wichita
12-15-2003, 12:47 PM
I'm not going to cry about what may or may not happen in the playoffs, but the defense deserves boos. By defense, I mean the scheme. K|C isn't giving up many big plays because of poor tackling, or because they're so fuggin stupid they can't learn GR's defense. They get burned because the defensive scheme puts them in a position to fail.

Didn't anyone else wonder where the hell the LBs were on Portis' long runs?

Robinson is deserving of all the boos KC fans can muster.

Regarding Warfield: A slightly improved turd is still a turd. KC still needs 2 starting CBs.

50yrplan
12-15-2003, 12:49 PM
FYI

The Lions finished with 137 rushing yards, nearly double their average. Chiefs fans, aware of the Lions' rushing problems prior to Sunday, voiced their displeasure accordingly.

"I heard the boos," defensive end Eric Hicks said, "and to be honest with you, I was disappointed. I think it was just a minority of the fans, but they have to realize that this is the NFL. On Thanksgiving Day, that same Lions team beat Green Bay.

"Do we need to work on our running defense? Yes, but we won the (division) title and it hurts to hear the boos."

wazu
12-15-2003, 12:58 PM
FYI

The Lions finished with 137 rushing yards, nearly double their average. Chiefs fans, aware of the Lions' rushing problems prior to Sunday, voiced their displeasure accordingly.

"I heard the boos," defensive end Eric Hicks said, "and to be honest with you, I was disappointed. I think it was just a minority of the fans, but they have to realize that this is the NFL. On Thanksgiving Day, that same Lions team beat Green Bay.

"Do we need to work on our running defense? Yes, but we won the (division) title and it hurts to hear the boos."

Awwwww....that poor sad multi-millionaire. Why don't you shut up and play some defense, Eric? If it hurts so bad to hear the boos then why don't you flatten the quarterback and turn the boos to cheers?

Clint in Wichita
12-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Awwwww....that poor sad multi-millionaire. Why don't you shut up and play some defense, Eric? If it hurts so bad to hear the boos then why don't you flatten the quarterback and turn the boos to cheers?

Because he can't. He's not good enough.

MrBlond
12-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Dear Eric,
When things are looking down and you got the blues just think about the Lonesome Kicker and smile.

Me, I'm the Lonesome Kicker
Extra points, field goals at your service
One might think it comes with glory
You might think different after you listen to my story

My helmet is equipped with a tiny face mask
What it possibly could protect, I do not know
The other guys on the team
Like to make fun of my little shoulder pads
And also like to hide the special shoe
I need to kick in the snow

People think it's so easy
To kick a field goal from the 30 yard line
They forget to add seven yards for the snap
And 10 more 'cause the goal posts are pushed way back

In 1974, the uprights were right on the goal line
But some of the players were running into them
And getting hurt
So screw the kicker
Who cares about the kicker?

But I kick that ball
And I pray it goes straight
If it does
The coach says "Good job, number 8"
He doesn't even know my name is
Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
But that's the life I live
The Lonesome Kicker

Kickoffs can be so very scary
Especially, if the returner breaks on through
And I'm the only guy on the playing field left to tackle him
I don't want to get hurt
So I pretend to tie my shoe

Once again, I'm ignored by my teammates and all my coaches
"Go back where you came from!"
Scream 70,000 fans
Well, I know I could win their love back
By catching a winning touch-down
But, unfortunately, I was born with these very small hands

And I hope that the cameras don't come in too close
'Cause they might see the tears in my eyes
As I sit on this bench made of cold-hearted wood
And the splinters go deep in my thighs
And the towel boy snickers as he walks by
The Lonesome Kicker

Another blocked kick
And everybody blames me
But it was the Left Guard
Who didn't pick up his man
Oh, why can't they see...

In my home country
I could have been a minor league soccer player
But I came to America
Seeking fortune and seeking fame
I didn't realize that if I shanked one
And blew the point spread
Some drunk guys would push me into their hibachi
After the game

So I go home at night
'Cause I never get invited
To go drinking with the other guys
And I sit in my chair, and I soak my foot
As I eat a plate of cold french fries
And my wife's out with her quote-unquote friend
And my son can't look me in the eyes
The Lonesome Kicker

Kicking for you
They took my snow shoe
They're going for two

Baby Lee
12-15-2003, 01:11 PM
Dear Eric,
When things are looking down and you got the blues just think about the Lonesome Kicker and smile.
So long as you don't post the "shampoo bottle in the starfish" song. ROFL

stevieray
12-15-2003, 01:15 PM
Didn't anyone else wonder where the hell the LBs were on Portis' long runs?

Because they were held. or tackled. Just like DV said.

The Bad Guy
12-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Eric Hicks is 12-2 because of Dante Hall and this offense. I would say he has ZERO to do with the fact that this team is 12-2. How many big plays has this joke made?

Not a friggen one.

I hope he is gone after this year and we bring in a high motor guy like Grant Wistrom. We need some pist off people on this defense.

BigRedChief
12-15-2003, 01:17 PM
nobody is saying you don't have a right to boo. All I'm saying is that as proud Chiefs fans we need to behave in a more classy way.

Has the haunting memories of 95 and 97 turned us into classless faider fans?

It's about choice. Do you want to be proud of your team? Proud of being a Chiefs fan? If so...

You can't boo the team on game day that's 12-2. Has 10 straight wins at home and is in the process of blowing out an inferior opponant on it's way to winning the AFC West championship.

Class fans don't do that. At least in my opinion.

morphius
12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
Because they were held. or tackled. Just like DV said.
I missed that hold, but saw a couple mighty impressive bear hugs and tackles on Barber. A couple I was completely amazed were not called. If I were DV I would have sent them all to the NFL and asked which he could start incorporating into his offensive scheme.

stevieray
12-15-2003, 01:27 PM
I missed that hold, but saw a couple mighty impressive bear hugs and tackles on Barber. A couple I was completely amazed were not called. If I were DV I would have sent them all to the NFL and asked which he could start incorporating into his offensive scheme.

It's the plays like the ones on Barber that convince me that the refs turn a blind eye to the cheating Invescos.

50yrplan
12-15-2003, 01:54 PM
The Donks were holding and pulling jerseys so blatantly it was unbelievable. Did they even get called once? It seems as if they got more blatant as the game wore on because they figured they could get away with it.

Hel'n
12-15-2003, 02:06 PM
They paid their money and have a right to vent - both ways. And the players need to understand that... if they perform badly, guess what?

You get booed...

I think I could handle that for a few million a year...

:doh!:

Calcountry
12-15-2003, 02:09 PM

Yes, you would expect that kind of thing from a New York fan.

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 02:14 PM
They paid their money and have a right to vent - both ways. And the players need to understand that... if they perform badly, guess what?

You get booed...

I think I could handle that for a few million a year...

:doh!:

I agree. Best point made about booing thus far. It helps the individual who is booing. However, to the fans that think they are sending a message to the team by booing, you're wrong. You want to send a message about being unhappy? Stay home. Seriously, nothing says we're unhappy like empty seats.

Thing is, I can almost gar. that no one on here would do that. I mean, it's no fun to make an ass outta yourself in front of your own TV. That's best kept as a public function........

wazu
12-15-2003, 02:18 PM
I mean, it's no fun to make an ass outta yourself in front of your own TV. That's best kept as a public function........

Actually, when I boo the Chiefs, I consider it to be such a witty and charming act that I enjoy the prestige it brings me from the surrounding fans.

I know they're all thinking, "Man, that guy said it all."

beavis
12-15-2003, 02:30 PM
We need some pist off people on this defense.
That or some guys with IQ's bigger than their shoe size. When players are still bitching becaue they don't know where they are supposed to be on a play, I think that's a good indication that either your D is being played by the biggest bunch of morons in the NFL, or perhaps, could it be the scheme? :hmmm:

ChiTown
12-15-2003, 02:56 PM
Actually, when I boo the Chiefs, I consider it to be such a witty and charming act that I enjoy the prestige it brings me from the surrounding fans.

I know they're all thinking, "Man, that guy said it all."

Really.......Where's the retard section at Arrowhead?

BigRedChief
11-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Dear Eric,

Me, I'm the Lonesome Kicker
Extra points, field goals at your service
One might think it comes with glory
You might think different after you listen to my story

My helmet is equipped with a tiny face mask
What it possibly could protect, I do not know
The other guys on the team
Like to make fun of my little shoulder pads
And also like to hide the special shoe
I need to kick in the snow

People think it's so easy
To kick a field goal from the 30 yard line
They forget to add seven yards for the snap
And 10 more 'cause the goal posts are pushed way back

In 1974, the uprights were right on the goal line
But some of the players were running into them
And getting hurt
So screw the kicker
Who cares about the kicker?

But I kick that ball
And I pray it goes straight
If it does
The coach says "Good job, number 8"
He doesn't even know my name is
Andre Kristacovitchlalinski, Jr.
The Lonesome Kicker

Kickoffs can be so very scary
Especially, if the returner breaks on through
And I'm the only guy on the playing field left to tackle him
I don't want to get hurt
So I pretend to tie my shoe

Once again, I'm ignored by my teammates and all my coaches
"Go back where you came from!"
Scream 70,000 fans
Well, I know I could win their love back
By catching a winning touch-down
But, unfortunately, I was born with these very small hands

And I hope that the cameras don't come in too close
'Cause they might see the tears in my eyes
As I sit on this bench made of cold-hearted wood
And the splinters go deep in my thighs
And the towel boy snickers as he walks by
The Lonesome Kicker

Another blocked kick
And everybody blames me
But it was the Left Guard
Who didn't pick up his man
Oh, why can't they see...

In my home country
I could have been a minor league soccer player
But I came to America
Seeking fortune and seeking fame
I didn't realize that if I shanked one
And blew the point spread
Some drunk guys would push me into their hibachi
After the game

So I go home at night
'Cause I never get invited
To go drinking with the other guys
And I sit in my chair, and I soak my foot
As I eat a plate of cold french fries
And my wife's out with her quote-unquote friend
And my son can't look me in the eyes
The Lonesome Kicker

Kicking for you
They took my snow shoe
They're going for two

I miss Mr. Blonde :deevee:

Deberg_1990
12-23-2010, 02:28 PM
I miss Mr. Blonde :deevee:

Me too :(

Bwana
12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Me too :(

So you bumped a SIX year old thread?

:spock:

munkey
12-23-2010, 02:47 PM

creepy....

Rausch
12-23-2010, 02:52 PM

Yeah, thread sux.

Did find this though while doing a google...(hope dez lealz)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1978/92/42/611605723/n611605723_5791615_9094.jpg

Rams Fan
12-23-2010, 02:57 PM

The best type of bump.

Bwana
12-23-2010, 02:59 PM
The best type of bump.

No, not really.

Rams Fan
12-23-2010, 03:00 PM
No, not really.

I'm sure there has been worse bumps.

JD10367
12-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Did find this though while doing a google...(hope dez lealz)

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1978/92/42/611605723/n611605723_5791615_9094.jpg

This post redeemed the Old Thread Bump.