PDA

View Full Version : I'm heading to London for beers. Who's with me!

Zebedee DuBois
01-24-2004, 09:20 PM
After my crews boring mission, I am gonna head to the local pub for some of that warm beer for which England is so famous. Maybe have some boiled beef, too. I think I'll hoist a drink for my fallen comrades from the less fortuanate crews. Heck, I'll hoist one for Central Command , aka Rain Man, for keeping us all so busy.

Maybe if I drink enough, I won't notice the local girls shocking lack of dental hygiene. Slayer would have loved it here, had he lived.

Hydrae
01-24-2004, 09:30 PM
I can tell you some exciting stories about dodging a hailstrom of bullets if you'll buy me a pint! :toast:

RNR
01-24-2004, 09:36 PM
I'm in! tough day, I can brag about the one I shot that got away :shake:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Sounds good to me. Hopefully the ground crew will get all those holes in our bird patched up. All that damn shapnel rolling around inside the bird messed with my BBC connection. Cut out on me right in the middle of a Benny Goodman set too... :banghead:

Zebedee DuBois
01-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Ahhh.... a fellow radio man.

Let me buy you one. :toast: Your farthings are no good here.

cdcox
01-24-2004, 09:54 PM
A plate of cumberland sauasage and mash with a pint of Fuller's Extra Special Bitters for me.

RedNFeisty
01-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I'll tag along and buy a round for everyone!!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
01-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Personally, I'd rather go for a nice bottle of Glen Morangie or Laphroaig, but since this day didn't exactly set any records for the lady, I think some nice ales are the proper way to express my sorrows.

We'll do the Redhead right next flight.

That being said, our mixed USACC and RCAF crew did all right, once we learned how to translate each others languages. ;)

Skip Towne
01-24-2004, 10:08 PM
It'd be fish 'n cips for me matey.

Skip Towne
01-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Sounds good to me. Hopefully the ground crew will get all those holes in our bird patched up. All that damn shapnel rolling around inside the bird messed with my BBC connection. Cut out on me right in the middle of a Benny Goodman set too... :banghead:
Damn, and I thought I was old.

Hydrae
01-24-2004, 10:18 PM
Boy, I'll tell you that was a hell of a run for such a green group!

The trip out was pretty quiet, one small hit before we were able to get the bombs away. Great job by Ebola hitting the target on our first real action.

So anyway, there we are heading back feeling pretty good about the run when out of nowhere these two Messerschmidt's come out of the clouds! Mmaddog nails one of them but not until after the get Cap Laz. :(

The second 'Schmidt comes back around and 'Bola and I are staring right at the damn thing as it heads straight at us. Thank God we both ducked when we did, the bulkhead behind was almost cut in two with the gunfire! I tell ya, I thought I was going to join the Cap in the great beyond!

One more trip by from that damned 'Schmidt and things finally quiet down. We are all starting to lose the adrenaline rush when I notice that we are losing altitude! Turns out that we took more damage than I thought and Morph is dropping us below the cloud level.

I thought for a while there that we were going to wind up ditching in the Channel. Between taking readings to try to keep us on course, I am checking for ways out of the plane. Of course about then I realize that I am sitting in the nose of the plane with the wind coming in through the broken windows and if we have to ditch, I am going into the drink full force! :eek:

With all that, I was losing my concentration on keeping our heading correct. All I knew was that I kept hearing this voice in my head saying "NNW". Thank God that was the direction back to the base!

Then I could see those wonderful chalk cliffs over on the Dover coast. Even in the dark you can see those things glowing!

So Morph gets us back down with almost no visibility, heavy rains and a wounded bird. What a show of skills!

As if that wasn't enough, when we get back we all get seperated and get carted off by a bunch of MP's wanting to know what happened to the Cap. Well, I'll tell you that I don't know what went on in that cockpit but I wasn't about to say anything negative about Morph after the effort he went through to get us home safely! Screw those damned holier than thou MP's anyway! :cuss:

Well guys, this has been great but I have to go get to learning how to work the bomb doors, I'm the bombadier on our next run. :eek:

Hey barkeep! One more round over here!

cdcox
01-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey barkeep! One more round over here!

Cheers!

(Great post, BTW)

RedNFeisty
01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey another round!!

morphius
01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Hydrae - Well Told, you deserved that promotion!

Morphius
handing out some rep.

Rain Man
01-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Then I could see those wonderful chalk cliffs over on the Dover coast. Even in the dark you can see those things glowing!

Are you sure it wasn't just a glacier in Greenland?

Hey barkeep, some fish 'n' chips for the crew of Gunther's Thunder, and drinks for the other flyboys (and occasional flygirls)! On me!

Logical
01-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Damn Brits and their tepid Beer WTF is wrong with them.

RNR
01-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Damn Brits and their tepid Beer WTF is wrong with them.
Give me a holler Logical, I smuggled several cases of Budweiser, and have them stashed.

Logical
01-24-2004, 11:37 PM
Give me a holler Logical, I smuggled several cases of Budweiser, and have them stashed.
:thumb: Need to beat these damn Krauts so we can f*ck their frauleins and swill their cold lager.

Rain Man
01-24-2004, 11:38 PM
Unrelated story from the future:

I used to know a guy who was an underwater demolitions "frogman" in Vietnam. He said that as soon as new supplies arrived on their ship, the scuba guys would sneak over and push a pallet of beer overboard. That way, they had cold beer that couldn't be stolen.

Rain Man
01-24-2004, 11:40 PM
:thumb: Need to beat these damn Krauts so we can f*ck their frauleins and swill their cold lager.

Hey, what's the story on the potential court-martial of your copilot? Do you need a new crew on the next mission?

(I forgot about it when the planes took off.)

Logical
01-25-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey, what's the story on the potential court-martial of your copilot? Do you need a new crew on the next mission?

(I forgot about it when the planes took off.)

She did not show up for the mission. I guess you missed the story. She has been chasing Rommel VonGannon across continents as he seeks to forget the intercepted communiques he was responsible for in the Germans biggest battle of the year. Rumors are he and his men are so disconsolate his army has collapsed and commanding general was relieved of command due to a revolt. All nominated officers for the command are turning down the promotion and VonGannon is seeking to be relieved of his commission to join the Italian command. Denise is seeking him out supposedly to console. Evidently she was found consoling the enemy and the Court Martial was a fait acompli.

RNR
01-25-2004, 12:28 AM
While we are tossing back some cold ones, can we speak freely? I know we have moved back in time, however knowing what we know now can we bomb France?