PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen SkyChief #20?

mlyonsd
01-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I just woke up in this nurses's loft after our first run party and can't find anyone from the plane.

Rain Man
01-28-2004, 10:04 AM
They never came back. Let's all bow our heads for a moment of - oh, wait. There they are.

Warrior5
01-28-2004, 10:37 AM
Scuttlebutt is that they defected and landed at Cherbourg to hand the Norden bombsight over to the Germans. Traitorous scumbags.

...starting the rumor.

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Since we were pretty much the heros and great success story of mission #1 I don't think you'll find any traitors in the group.

Bunch of drunks maybe, but no traitors.

Warrior5
01-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Drunken traitorous scumbags.

...perpetuating the rumor.

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 10:49 AM
Drunken traitorous scumbags.

...perpetuating the rumor.

The Norden bomb site is useless anyway when you come in at 75 feet and drop the pickles at smoke stack height.

We're not a bunch of wussies like the rest of you.

Rain Man
01-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Since we were pretty much the heros and great success story of mission #1 I don't think you'll find any traitors in the group.

Yeah, I heard that one of the planes scored a 60% bombing run. What heroes they are. I didn't think it was your plane, though... :hmmm:

Warrior5
01-28-2004, 02:27 PM
The Norden bomb site is useless anyway when you come in at 75 feet and drop the pickles at smoke stack height.

Since when do B-17s bomb at tree-top level? Liberators tried that at Ploesti and got wacked.

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I heard that one of the planes scored a 60% bombing run. What heroes they are. I didn't think it was your plane, though... :hmmm:

Oh sure, go knocking us now after we stole your women from the party.

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Since when do B-17s bomb at tree-top level? Liberators tried that at Ploesti and got wacked.
Well to tell you the truth the crew thought it was a little wierd at first but Iowanian informed us that our pilot DenverChief is afraid of heights and that the Luftwaffe wouldn't expect us or look for us that low.

As a waist gunner it's more fun because you get to shoot at cows and stuff.

JOhn
01-28-2004, 02:48 PM
As a waist gunner it's more fun because you get to shoot at cows and stuff.
Yea, but is it worth cleaning up the mess in the ball turret after the gunner craps his pants? :shake:

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Yea, but is it worth cleaning up the mess in the ball turret after the gunner craps his pants? :shake:

He screams a lot but we just turn his mic off.

Lzen
01-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Navigator Lzen reporting for duty.Hey, would you guys stop yelling, please? It's really hurting my head.:doh!:

mlyonsd
01-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Navigator Lzen reporting for duty.Hey, would you guys stop yelling, please? It's really hurting my head.:doh!:

I hope its not a hang over again. On mission #1 when we had to turn your map right side up it was kind of funny once we figured out why we were heading for Greenland. Scare the crap out of us like that again and we'll short sheet your parachute.

Lzen
02-01-2004, 01:58 PM
I hope its not a hang over again. On mission #1 when we had to turn your map right side up it was kind of funny once we figured out why we were heading for Greenland. Scare the crap out of us like that again and we'll short sheet your parachute.

Man, like I tried to explain to you before. DenverChief and Iowanian told me that we were bombing Greenland. How was I to know?

mlyonsd
02-02-2004, 07:29 PM
Man, like I tried to explain to you before. DenverChief and Iowanian told me that we were bombing Greenland. How was I to know?

Well there's your problem. Those guys are hung over half the time. On the next mission steer us towards Ireland. We'll pretend we have a mechanical problem and emergency land on a road up there.

We'll have all the red haired green eyed lassies we can stand swooning over us at the local pub for a day or two. :thumb:

Iowanian
02-02-2004, 07:38 PM

NO NO NO!

I told you that DC was bombed on the green.......and that we would be dumping the onflight toilet over paris.

Warrior5
02-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Drunken, non-navigatin', Greenland-bombing, cow-killing, traitorous scumbags.

mlyonsd
02-04-2004, 07:30 AM
Drunken, non-navigatin', Greenland-bombing, cow-killing, traitorous scumbags.

Don't forget woman chasing.