PDA

View Full Version : Some optional volunteer tasks.

Rain Man
01-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Would anyone want to help with the following tasks? For those of you who are on parole, I think it'll count toward your community service.

1. Keep track of individual gunner kills, so we can tell who becomes an ace. If possible, you might also keep track of hits and damage shots to enemy fighters.

2. Set up the medal poll after each mission, so we can see if anyone gets air medals. I set up the first one after Mission 1, and I think we should keep it the same: identify 12 heroic actions who will automatically get the air medal, and then set up a poll for voting to see if anyone gets a higher medal.

I just wanted to toss these out there if anyone's interested. I might be able to do the second one as we go, but I'd rather spend my time doing the missions than tracking the gunner kills, though I think that people might want that information as we go along.

ChiefJustice
01-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I would be willing to keep track of the kills for the gunners.

You or Talisman might be better for the medal poll..but,i will throw my hat in there as well.

I was also considering posting the % of deaths at certain areas on the plane.The pilot seems like the safest job atm.

Rain Man
01-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Cool. Thanks, ChiefJustice. If you can track the kills, that'd be cool.

If no one else volunteers for the medal watch, maybe we can work together on it too. One of us can identify the preliminary candidates and the other can put the poll together.

morphius
01-28-2004, 01:12 PM

If no one else volunteers for the medal watch, maybe we can work together on it too. One of us can identify the preliminary candidates and the other can put the poll together.
If someone puts the canidates together I can put the poll together.

Talisman
01-28-2004, 01:12 PM

Kevin, if you need help figuring out how to post a poll, just let me know.

Rain Man
01-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Kevin, if you need help figuring out how to post a poll, just let me know.

ROFL

Thanks, I'll PM you.

Hey, thanks, morphius. Can you work with ChiefJustice on that? Maybe he can ID the candidates and you can make the poll?

Cntrygal
01-29-2004, 03:27 AM
I'm pretty busy at "my other job" for the next couple weeks. I'll just be reporting for missions, training and other associated functions.

After that, I should be able to help out.

PastorMikH
01-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Question for Kevin, I was curious about the game here. Is there any variable in the works that will take into account experience of the crews as they do more missions?

Just wondering. Thanks

ChiefJustice
01-29-2004, 09:03 AM
This is kind of what i asked Kevin also,Pastor...but,it seems that the longer you live...the harder and more dangerous the missions become.Catch-22!

Good points all. With regard to the plane losses, keep in mind that the first five missions are intentionally shorter missions where you're guaranteed fighter cover. If you want a glimpse of the future, go back and look at how many enemy planes are being driven off by fighter cover. (Gulp.)

And yep, if you bail out over Germany and survive, you're going to be spending your evenings for the next two years under the ironfisted rule of Colonel Wilhelm Klink. If you bail out over France, your fate will depend on whether the French Underground or the Germans find you first. If you bail out over water, you'd better hope that you get your life raft inflated.

And yes, there are no P-51s. Your range with fighter cover isn't very large.

Missions 6-10 will expand to some areas that are beyond fighter range, though about half will still afford good fighter cover. About 75 percent of Missions 11-25 force you to go outside of fighter cover for at least a portion of your missions.

Rain Man
01-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Question for Kevin, I was curious about the game here. Is there any variable in the works that will take into account experience of the crews as they do more missions?

Just wondering. Thanks

There are indeed factors that will let gunner shoot more accurately after they get five or more kills, and that let pilots, navigators, and bombardiers be more effective after they've completed ten missions.

Since I'm randomly mixing up the missions, you'll get those bonuses sometimes but nother others, depending on what mission you draw. So I guess that, for example, you gunners may be an ace sometimes but not others. Either way, their shooting will (on average) improve significantly over time.

Rain Man
01-29-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm pretty busy at "my other job" for the next couple weeks. I'll just be reporting for missions, training and other associated functions.

After that, I should be able to help out.

Thank, cntrygal. I think we're covered, but I'll keep you in mind if we want to do more in a few weeks.