PDA

View Full Version : Hoover’s Planet Obituary

Hoover
02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Dear Members of the ChiefsPlanet.com Community,

This is my 8000th post on this BB, and I’m sad to say it’s my last. I joined this community on August 22nd, 2000 – My Dad’s birthday. I’m not the best poster in the world, and am an asshole from time to time, but I feel I have contributed to this community, by posting like crazy, telling friends and Chief fans to check it out, and even sending some cash to help with the expenses.

The community feeling is why I came here and why I have stayed for so long. I have always voiced my disappointment when longtime members change their usernames because it takes away from the community feeling the Planet has built up over the years. Recently after a bet, which I lost my name was changed, it was all in good fun and got a good laugh out of it my self, but after many requests my name which was Hoover for 8-22-2000 to Feb 2004 have been The Lovely Jessica, to Perfect Man Boobs, and currently The Big Lewboobski, to put it simply I have had enough.

So starting immediately I will no longer be a member of this community. I wish you all and our beloved Chiefs all the best.

Craig
Head down, walking slowly back to the Death Star…..

Saulbadguy
02-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Why won't they change it back to Hoover?

EDIT: I guess you won't answer this question, since that was your last post. I do notice that the moderators here play favorites, but that goes in just about every message board. I just let crap like that roll off my back. Anyways.

siberian khatru
02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Just the kind of post you'd expect from a large-breasted man.

Hel'n
02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Why can't he have his name back?

Brock
02-27-2004, 01:08 PM
You must bring us.....a shrubbery!

seclark
alas poor hoover...i knew him well.
sec

cmh6476
door, meet ass!

JK ;)

Pennywise
02-27-2004, 01:09 PM
:deevee:

ndbbm
02-27-2004, 01:09 PM
You must bring us.....a shrubbery!Ni!

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 01:11 PM

EDIT: I guess you won't answer this question, since that was your last post. I do notice that the moderators here play favorites, but that goes in just about every message board. I just let crap like that roll off my back. Anyways.

I don't know what you are smoking.

wazu
02-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Sweet. One less person posting in third person.

Hydrae
02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Fare thee well in thy Internet wanderings.

Wonder how long until he plays prodigal son.

patteeu
02-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Who is Hoover?

j/k

I hope you aren't serious, Hoover. I also hope the mods give you your name back. It's one thing to lose your name in a bet, but it sucks when the strong (people with mod powers) have fun at the expense of the defenseless (regular posters). In some places, a guy who does this might be mistaken for a bully. I'm sure (or at least hopeful) that in this case it is just a big misunderstanding and that Hoover will be back with 8001 soon.

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Usually with these types of threads I feel no remorse. But I do this time as I consider Hoover a valuable poster. It is a shame to see him get upset with petty mod abuse that has long been a SOP around here. He was not one of the guys I thought could take a joke.

I agree with him on posters constantly changing their usernames, it can be very annoying trying to keep track of who is really who. But in the case of playfull mod abuse I have no issue as it is all in fun.

Added to it, the pity party "I'm leaving" thread and I am a bit disillusioned by this from this particular poster. But so goes life.

Adios, it was fun while it lasted.

morphius
02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Losing hoover, that sucks!

shakesthecat
02-27-2004, 01:21 PM
And the Jr. High-ification of the Planet continues.......

Way to go, Mods.

MrBlond
02-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Can I have his post count?

(seriously, hoover, I wish you would reconsider. I'm sure it is a misunderstanding that can be worked out. With sex, possibly.)

ptlyon
02-27-2004, 01:26 PM

Way to go, Mods.

Bingo

KCTitus
02-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Do we have an adult Mod that could change Hoov's name back? This is beyond stupid.

What has happened to this place?

Boozer
02-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Just the kind of post you'd expect from a large-breasted man.

ROFL

What's the over-under on how long it takes him to complete the Taco?

Boozer
02-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Do we have an adult Mod that could change Hoov's name back? This is beyond stupid.

What has happened to this place?

What, and dignify Hoover's "I'm taking my ball and going home" act with a response? He's a nice enough guy, and the mod abuse may be immature, but come on....

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 01:30 PM

Way to go, Mods.

Thank you!

J/C, the guy asked nicely several times. WTF is going on with this place?

KCTitus
02-27-2004, 01:31 PM
What, and dignify Hoover's "I'm taking my ball and going home" act with a response? He's a nice enough guy, and the mod abuse may be immature, but come on....

Im going on the assumption that he tried to handle this in a less public manner, before now and has been either ignored or rejected.

Fun's fun, but this thing has really gotten out of hand.

shakesthecat
02-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Do we have an adult Mod that could change Hoov's name back?

Apparently not.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Can I have his post count?

(seriously, hoover, I wish you would reconsider. I'm sure it is a misunderstanding that can be worked out. With sex, possibly.)
Sure, I can change you to 8,000 in just a second.

ChiTown

The guys been around here since the originals of this place. He asked to have his name back. The grade school God-Like Mod's decided to fug with the guy. He's pissed, and I don't blame him.

Talisman
Read the thread header again. He said this would be his last post, but he posted as The Big Lewboobski. So when his name is changed back to Hoover he can post again.

He found an I'm-leaving-and-never-coming-back loophole.

MrBlond
02-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Sure, I can change you to 8,000 in just a second.

Damn. You would think I would have learned my lesson when I asked that Genie for a 14" pianist.

ChiTown
Damn. You would think I would have learned my lesson when I asked that Genie for a 14" pianist.

ROFL :clap:

Bravo!

|Zach|
Read the thread header again. He said this would be his last post, but he posted as The Big Lewboobski. So when his name is changed back to Hoover he can post again.

He found an I'm-leaving-and-never-coming-back loophole.

[Old School] "They may be idiots sir but they are suprisingly good at paperwork."[\Old School]

stevieray
02-27-2004, 01:37 PM
I've met Hoover. Nice guy!

Change his name back.

Hel'n
02-27-2004, 01:38 PM
[Old School] "They may be idiots sir but they are suprisingly good at paperwork."[\Old School]

:LOL:

LOL

htismaqe
02-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Damn.

I didn't even know this was Hoover. He should have asked me, I would have changed it back.

I'm doing so now.

Ultra Peanut
You know, it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.

KCTitus
Thanks, Parker. I knew I could count on you.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2004, 01:40 PM
I crushing your head.

Hel'n
02-27-2004, 01:41 PM
I've met Hoover. Nice guy!

Change his name back.

This is what happens when you don't have a woman running the board...

;)

Let's see... we'll have a pink forum, a mauve forum, a paisley forum, a gardening forum, a home decorating forum, a beer forum, an opera as football forum, a football as opera forum, a fashion forum...

Yes... the world will be a better place...

:)

MrBlond
Damn.

I didn't even know this was Hoover. He should have asked me, I would have changed it back.

I'm doing so now.

(doc holiday voice) "There. Now we can be friends, again." (/doc holiday voice)

ndbbm

He found an I'm-leaving-and-never-coming-back loophole.I'm laying 10 to 1 odds he never thought of this.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 01:42 PM
OK, I don't know what happened here so If anyone can answer my questions that would be great.

1. Who was the bet against?
2. Did anyone specify how long the name would be changed?

If not I would expect the name to eventually go back. Even when I won the bet against Tony_Gonzales that was supposed to change his name to Phoney_Gonzales before he turned into a giant woosy and changed his name to freakshow and pretended to be someone else I had no intention of keeping it that way for more that a month or so. People should think before they make these bets if they are not willing to live up to them. On the other hand I think Hoover is a great poster and contributor to the BB. Hope it works out.

Talisman
02-27-2004, 01:43 PM
As I posted on the other thread, I agree w/ the name changing stuff getting to be too confusing. Unless it's a clever twist of the original like Slayer Andretti, Phobiatch, ENDsmelt260, Tomasita Gato, etc. Then it's pretty funny.

If the person wants their name back and they've made the request that the joke's gone on long enough, there shouldn't be a problem switching it back.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:46 PM

Some of us take our role seriously. I went on such a rampage on what I believed to be the right thing 3 years ago that I asked Kyle to remove my moderator status. He asked that I go ahead and stay on as a silent moderator. I appreciate his faith in my abilities and I have done all I can to maintain his trust. I have yet to play a favorite with my entire time on the board, excluding one moron making an ass of himself anyway. I apologized for that moment - even though I believe it was fully justified. Now people like Taco John will tell you differently, and we can simply agree to disagree - I won't rehash it here.

I have banned three people, all who deserved it. I have never done a temporary ban either. I figure someone really has to screw up to be gone and they should be gone for good. I give warning to people for breaking the rules and I enforce the rules equilateraly. As much as I even despise the pettiness of some idiots (see burn@steak - I am not afraid to drop names), I won't moderate them unless they really cross over the line.

I realize I probably take the job too seriously, but I consider it a priviledge to be asked to do the job and I will always endeavor to keep it an equitable board.

I don't lock people's names, I don't change post counts, I don't reduce rep, other than the standard negative attachment that all of us have the ability to do (all of which are possible from the moderator's screens). I simply post and keep people from going over the edge with the rules - ALL people.

I also don't waste my time judging the other mods unless they breach serious protocol. They aren't earning a single dime, but they get to hear every single bitch and moan made by 3,000 people.

My belief is the less moderation, the better the board.

Personally, I wouldn't have screwed with Hoover, but I do think he is being thin-skinned about the subject.

In fact, I will gladly give him name back now. If the moderator who changed it (I honestly don't know which one) wants to change it back, they can.

Sorry, I didn't realize I ranted on so long until I proofread my post. My apologies to you.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Never mind. Someone already changed it back.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 01:48 PM
As I posted on the other thread, I agree w/ the name changing stuff getting to be too confusing. Unless it's a clever twist of the original like Slayer Andretti, Phobiatch, ENDsmelt260, Tomasita Gato, etc. Then it's pretty funny.

If the person wants their name back and they've made the request that the joke's gone on long enough, there shouldn't be a problem switching it back.

If you read the initial post he says he lost a bet. My name was changed for awhile in fun but that is a whole different situation.

Rain Man
02-27-2004, 01:48 PM
(doc holiday voice) "There. Now we can be friends, again." (/doc holiday voice)

That's uncanny. You sound just like him.

I hope Hoover doesn't go back to the Death Star, because I hear that it's a target. Also, does all of this mean that "The Lovely Jessica" is available as a name?

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:49 PM
This is what happens when you don't have a woman running the board...

;)

Let's see... we'll have a pink forum, a mauve forum, a paisley forum, a gardening forum, a home decorating forum, a beer forum, an opera as football forum, a football as opera forum, a fashion forum...

Yes... the world will be a better place...

Look, obviously women named colors.

Here is a man naming colors

That is red.
Okay
That is also red
But it's a deeper shade, can't we call it maroon?
No, red
But that's not right
Okay, RED 2, now hush and let's get to green

tk13
02-27-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't see what the big deal is regardless of how dumb the joke is. Lighten up. This is a flippin' Internet message board, not a Donald Trump board meeting, I don't see what the big deal is and I don't have the first clue as to why that'd make someone want to leave, but oh well, it's unfortunate.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:51 PM
That's uncanny. You sound just like him.

I hope Hoover doesn't go back to the Death Star, because I hear that it's a target. Also, does all of this mean that "The Lovely Jessica" is available as a name?
Schizophrenic

Alton deFlat
02-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Hopefully Hoov will check back in, and see his name is changed back. I'd hate to see him go. Nothin' sucks like a hoover.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2004, 01:53 PM
If you read the initial post he says he lost a bet. My name was changed for awhile in fun but that is a whole different situation.Oink oink. ROFL

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if YOU WEREN'T ALL OUT TO GET ME?

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Hopefully Hoov will check back in, and see his name is changed back. I'd hate to see him go. Nothin' sucks like a hoover.

He does leave one woth that special kind of feeling. ROFL

Would someone answer my questions? :cuss:

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh, just to let everyone know. I did screw with his post count. I reduced it by one. When he reads this he will get pissed off and post again to attain 8,000.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Oh, just to let everyone know. I did screw with his post count. I reduced it by one. When he reads this he will get pissed off and post again to attain 8,000.:LOL:

:clap:

It's not like this is anything new (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=61000&page=1&pp=15). Good times, good times.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 01:58 PM
OK, I don't know what happened here so If anyone can answer my questions that would be great.

1. Who was the bet against?
2. Did anyone specify how long the name would be changed?

If not I would expect the name to eventually go back. Even when I won the bet against Tony_Gonzales that was supposed to change his name to Phoney_Gonzales before he turned into a giant woosy and changed his name to freakshow and pretended to be someone else I had no intention of keeping it that way for more that a month or so. People should think before they make these bets if they are not willing to live up to them. On the other hand I think Hoover is a great poster and contributor to the BB. Hope it works out.
I don't know, but my opinion is a bet is a bet. You lose and you can't pay, then you need to resolve some serious machismo issues.

Alton deFlat
02-27-2004, 01:58 PM
He does leave one woth that special kind of feeling. ROFL

I don't know what kind of bet he lost, but I do remember him complaining about the Lovely Jessica name. I probably would too, for that matter.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't know, but my opinion is a bet is a bet. You lose and you can't pay, then you need to resolve some serious machismo issues.

I think after a couple of months I would ask the person I bet to put it back. If I recall correctly it was more like a matter of just 3 days.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't know what kind of bet he lost, but I do remember him complaining about the Lovely Jessica name. I probably would too, for that matter.
I would recommend that you never bet your name.

Talisman
02-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Here are some of his last few posts on the TommyKat/Skinbra's "I want my name back" thread:

Join the ****ing club. I want my name back too, and I'm getting sick of this shit.
I'm the Big Lewboobski know. I'm thinking about exiting the Planet
I'm not joking, I hate this shit. I don't like it when people change their own names, I think it lessens the community feel that I like about the BB. My name has been ****ed up for weeks now, I have asked Phobia to change it back, and all did was change it to something else.
I agree but I don't thenk I should have to petition to get my name back. Ive been a good sport, had a good laugh but now it needs to end.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:04 PM

Isn't that the point? A bet's a bet. Wouldn't want to lose Hoover though. He should nevert bet anyone anymore under any conditions if he returns though.

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 02:04 PM

machismo issues? Russ, come on, this is a bulletin board for chrissakes....

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Here are some of his last few posts on the TommyKat/Skinbra's "I want my name back" thread:
If he truly lost a bet, tough. Seriously, I like Hoover - he has some great input. But really, if this is over a bet - get over yourself.

TK - That is another issue, and one that would have to be taken up with Phil it seems.

Alton deFlat
02-27-2004, 02:06 PM
I would recommend that you never bet your name.

That and the cold beer in my fridge are sacred.

DenverChief
02-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Oh, just to let everyone know. I did screw with his post count. I reduced it by one. When he reads this he will get pissed off and post again to attain 8,000.

:LOL: that is just wrong :p

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:07 PM
machismo issues? Russ, come on, this is a bulletin board for chrissakes....
My point exactly. You can't stand to have Boobs in your name on a bulletin board after you lost a bet? As you said, it is a bulletin board for chrissakes (I like how you run that together - I don't have to capitalize or swear), get over it and take your lumps.

Pat, it is an ego issue. The risk wasn't worth the reward, he should have never taken the risk.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:08 PM

Did Tommykat lose a bet too? Call me silly but I don't remember this going on for weeks at all.

Heck I was PigDaddy oink oink for weeks and I never even lost a bet.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:08 PM
That's okay, I shook 'em up. Oh, and I grabbed your wife's butt on the way out the door - don't worry she smacked me.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM
:LOL: that is just wrong :p
Naw, I am just trying to entice him back.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:09 PM

Especially with a name like cosmo, wouldn't want to lose that. ROFL

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Did Tommykat lose a bet too? Call me silly but I don't remember this going on for weeks at all.

Wasn't me. Whomever did it is the person you need to address.

Pennywise
02-27-2004, 02:11 PM

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Wasn't me. Whomever did it is the person you need to address.

I am not a real sensitive guy Russ. If it was my turn to take one for the team what the hey.

Talisman
02-27-2004, 02:20 PM
Here's the name change bet thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83330). Looks like it's been changed for 12 days.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Hoover's pity party......ANOTHER damn party I wasn't invited too... :harumph:

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 02:22 PM
I am not a real sensitive guy Russ. If it was my turn to take one for the team what the hey.

I bet you wouldn't say that if you lost a bet to the designers from Queer Eye.......... :p

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Troy,
I'll have to go back and find the link, but I'll give you the quick version. jAZ and Hoov had a bet about wether or not the Kerry intern affair would blow over by a certain time. The bet was that if Hoov was wrong his name would be changed to Kevin Keitzman (I am not sure for how long). There was some debate as to wether or not Hoov did lose because it is hard to tell wether or not something like that has truly blown over.

Anyway, Endo comes across the thread and changes jAZ's name to KK and Hoov's to The Lovely Jessica for his own amusement. I haven't followed much since that point but it sounds as if Hoover took that as his punishment and then the mod abuse continued (as it usually does for a period of time) until Hoov just lost it.

JazzzLovr
02-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Some of us take our role seriously.

I realize I probably take the job too seriously, but I consider it a priviledge to be asked to do the job and I will always endeavor to keep it an equitable board.

I don't lock people's names, I don't change post counts, I don't reduce rep, other than the standard negative attachment that all of us have the ability to do (all of which are possible from the moderator's screens). I simply post and keep people from going over the edge with the rules - ALL people.

I also don't waste my time judging the other mods unless they breach serious protocol. They aren't earning a single dime, but they get to hear every single bitch and moan made by 3,000 people.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:

KCTitus
02-27-2004, 02:23 PM

BD: I found the thread where apparently Hoover lost the bet...

http://64.246.47.4/BB/showthread.php?t=83110

Also, found the post where name changing was discussed:

http://64.246.47.4/BB/showthread.php?t=83330

There was no duration specified, so it's hard to say exactly what constitutes payment of the bet vs. mod abuse.

It does appear that Endelt changed both parties names, but I did see Jaz changed back on a single request while Hoover complained about getting it changed back for a week or longer.

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 02:26 PM
It does appear that Endelt changed both parties names, but I did see Jaz changed back on a single request while Hoover complained about getting it changed back for a week or longer.

Endelt, yep, that's a problem......You simply can't have an alcoholic that chases fat chicks for a hobby as your site moderator. It's a bad combo ;)

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:27 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumb:
Yes, you could have. You are much more melodic in your statements. I am the bumbling hairy male.

Alton deFlat
02-27-2004, 02:28 PM

Ah, screw you all, and the horses you rode in on.

ROFL :)

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Thanks guys for finding me the info, sounds like good fun to me but what do I know? It's only been like 12 days.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Call me silly but I kind of the thought the Big Lewboobski was a better name anyway. Hoover kind of sucked. Maybe we should poll it.

Rain Man
02-27-2004, 02:35 PM
Ah, screw you all, and the horses you rode in on.

Dibs on the horses.

ndbbm
02-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Call me silly but I kind of the thought the Big Lewboobski was a better name anyway. Hoover kind of sucked. Maybe we should poll it.Wow...Boobs, Hoover, suck, and poll....all in one post. This may have been the mecca.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Dibs on the horses.
They are shetland ponies now.

Alton deFlat
02-27-2004, 02:40 PM

Yea, but they shit like the real thing.

Rain Man
02-27-2004, 02:41 PM

That kind with the blonde mane?

Radar Chief
02-27-2004, 02:41 PM
Isn’t the entire reason for this board’s existence because of “Moderator Abuse”? At least that’s the story I’ve been told.

KCTitus
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Isn’t the entire reason for this board’s existence because of “Moderator Abuse”? At least that’s the story I’ve been told.

Yes, and it's why Im troubled to see it begin here...after what happened at KC star, I figured that would never happen here.

morphius
02-27-2004, 02:45 PM
You know its bad when you look at who is viewing the thread and see "Austinchief".

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:46 PM
You know its bad when you look at who is viewing the thread and see "Austinchief".
Everybody - HIDE!!!!!

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Everybody - HIDE!!!!!

ROFL

KCTitus
02-27-2004, 02:48 PM

You just fire up the bong and you see the front door open...'uh, hi, uh dad'....

morphius
02-27-2004, 02:51 PM
You just fire up the bong and you see the front door open...'uh, hi, uh dad'....
Can't pretend to relate to that either, but still damn funny!

Calcountry
02-27-2004, 02:52 PM

que singing ,"Hoover knows..."

jAZ
02-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Changing my name to Kevin Keitzman was pure Mod abuse, it was all in fun though. I've been subject to it before, and I learned quickly that bitching about it just makes it funny longer. If I play along, it becomes no fun rather quickly.

Though I don't feel bad that it is/was still going on 12 days later (since he tried to squiggle out of the bet all together), as far as I am concerned the bet is payed up in full.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Changing my name to Kevin Keitzman was pure Mod abuse, it was all in fun though. I've been subject to it before, and I learned quickly that bitching about it just makes it funny longer. If I play along, it becomes no fun rather quickly.

Though I don't feel bad that it is/was still going on 12 days later (since he tried to squiggle out of the bet all together), as far as I am concerned the bet is payed up in full.
I'll make a bet against your name!!!

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I'll make a bet against your name!!!

Get him Russ.

Dartgod
02-27-2004, 03:06 PM
I hate to see Hoover leave too, but what I hate worse are these "boo hoo, I've been wronged and I'm leaving" threads. If you're going to leave, then just leave and don't start a thread saying that your leaving so everyone will kiss your ass and beg you to stay. Pathetic...

Hoover
02-27-2004, 03:11 PM
First off I'm only back for a second.

Just a few points.

1. I started getting pissed when mods started to **** with my "Last on to post on this thread wins" thread.

2. I admit I lost the bet, it was all good fun, but my name was never changed to what the bet said t would be changed too, and when I requested it chaged back I got dicked around by the mods. If they would have saud "tough luck Hoover you have to keep this name for a month" I would have been fine, but no they changed mutiple times.

3. I didn't post this thread because I wanted a ****ing pity party, I felt it was the only way to raise the issue of Mod abuse..

Craig

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 03:14 PM

Just a few points.

1. I started getting pissed when mods started to **** with my "Last on to post on this thread wins" thread.

2. I admit I lost the bet, it was all good fun, but my name was never changed to what the bet said t would be changed too, and when I requested it chaged back I got dicked around by the mods. If they would have saud "tough luck Hoover you have to keep this name for a month" I would have been fine, but no they changed mutiple times.

3. I didn't post this thread because I wanted a ****ing pity party, I felt it was the only way to raise the issue of Mod abuse..

Craig
It is a shame you are leaving. I got a great deal of input and ideas from you. It is also a shame the three of you couldn't resolve this in private.

That said, I am reducing your post count by one again until you decide you are posting on a regular basis once more.

LVNHACK
02-27-2004, 03:16 PM
I hate to see Hoover leave too, but what I hate worse are these "boo hoo, I've been wronged and I'm leaving" threads. If you're going to leave, then just leave and don't start a thread saying that your leaving so everyone will kiss your ass and beg you to stay. Pathetic...

Couldn't agree more................... :shake:

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
It is a shame you are leaving. I got a great deal of input and ideas from you. It is also a shame the three of you couldn't resolve this in private.

That said, I am reducing your post count by one again until you decide you are posting on a regular basis once more.

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 03:21 PM

Just a few points.

Craig

It's been 12 freakin days Craig, 12 freakin days. You have been a great poster but it never hit me that you were the kind of guy who be this thin skinned. You sure the Atkins diet hasn't got you a little cranky mister? Everything alright with the Mrs. ?

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
You are obviously still reading the board.

It is kind of foolish to not write as well.

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
That said, I am reducing your post count by one again until you decide you are posting on a regular basis once more.:LOL:

Shane! Come back, shane! Come back!

Mark M
02-27-2004, 03:33 PM
C'mon, man ... what's in a name, anyway?

You'll be back, this place is like crack.

And I'm a poet ...

who had no idea that he was.

MM
~~:D

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2004, 03:35 PM
And I'm a poet ...

who had no idea that he was.Huh, imagine that.

Dartgod
02-27-2004, 03:37 PM

Craig
Riiiiight. :rolleyes:

If you didn't want a pity party then why did you come back for "a second"? I'm not sure why I'm typing this because I'm sure you're not reading now.

For what it's worth, I never have had a problem with you before and I hate for us to lose a long time member. I just hate the fact that this happened in the first place. But if your going to start a thread that you're leaving forever, then why are you back here posting on the same thread barely two hours later?

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 03:47 PM
C'mon, man ... what's in a name, anyway?

You'll be back, this place is like crack.

And I'm a poet ...

who had no idea that he was.

MM
~~:D
Mommie says crack rots your teeth.

Clint in Wichita
02-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Dear Members of the ChiefsPlanet.com Community,

This is my 8000th post on this BB, and I’m sad to say it’s my last. I joined this community on August 22nd, 2000 – My Dad’s birthday. I’m not the best poster in the world, and am an asshole from time to time, but I feel I have contributed to this community, by posting like crazy, telling friends and Chief fans to check it out, and even sending some cash to help with the expenses.

The community feeling is why I came here and why I have stayed for so long. I have always voiced my disappointment when longtime members change their usernames because it takes away from the community feeling the Planet has built up over the years. Recently after a bet, which I lost my name was changed, it was all in good fun and got a good laugh out of it my self, but after many requests my name which was Hoover for 8-22-2000 to Feb 2004 have been The Lovely Jessica, to Perfect Man Boobs, and currently The Big Lewboobski, to put it simply I have had enough.

So starting immediately I will no longer be a member of this community. I wish you all and our beloved Chiefs all the best.

Craig
Head down, walking slowly back to the Death Star…..

This is supposed to be funny, right?

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 03:49 PM
You are obviously still reading the board.

It is kind of foolish to not write as well.

:harumph:

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 03:50 PM
This is supposed to be funny, right?

What do you know your a homo.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 04:21 PM
It doesn't suck. It's quite fun, actually.

Dude, that guy trying to get me to smell his finger is really disturbing me. I'm leaving. :mad:

Phobia
02-27-2004, 04:29 PM
This is all my fault.

It was for fun and since I've been busy moving the past several days, I forgot to change it back.

Didn't have any inkling Hoov was actually pissed about it. I meant no malice, Craig. Come back, dude.

Calcountry
02-27-2004, 04:29 PM
I think this thread is funnier than chit. We should have more swan songs. BTW, If I ever do it, somebody beat my ass. lmao.

KCWolfman
02-27-2004, 04:33 PM
This is all my fault.

It was for fun and since I've been busy moving the past several days, I forgot to change it back.

Didn't have any inkling Hoov was actually pissed about it. I meant no malice, Craig. Come back, dude.
If he doesn't come back, can I change it to Shane?

Come back, Shane, come back!

Phobia
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM

I didn't see any of those. I certainly would have changed it immediately if I had.

I'm going to change TK's right now.

Raiderhater
02-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I was getting around to posting this, but wanted to read the rest of the thread first.

Jamie's got the setup right. jAZ was asking for a mod to change Hoov's name to Kevin Keitzman. Since I like picking on jAZ, I changed his name to Kevin Keitzman instead. jAZ wanted me to fug w/ Hoov, too... I don't remember his suggestion, but I found The Lovely Jessica funnier (the intern KK supposedly got a hummer from).

Couple days later I was gonna change jAZ to Lazly Hollyfeld (whatever the hell that means, he asked for it). That destroyed the joke, so I was gonna restore Hoov's original name. By that time he was Perfect Man Boobs.

Phil had hijacked my joke, so I left it up to him to determine when it was over.

My thoughts on the whole thing.... Hoover needs to grow the f*ck up. It's a username on a flippin' message board for cryin' out loud. What a sissy thing to be upset about.

Oh, on the "I played along" note, that's complete BS. His very first thread after the name change: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83373&highlight=jessica

He was whining from the start.

Is changing people's usernames, etc. childish and petty? Yeah... but, who gives a f*ck. It's been happening around here for awhile, and it's mildly amusing. Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch about it needs to lighten the f*ck up.

I'll cut him some slack there, the deal was that his name got changed to KK, not The Lovely Jessica. I can understand being a bit miffed about that.

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I was getting around to posting this, but wanted to read the rest of the thread first.

Jamie's got the setup right. jAZ was asking for a mod to change Hoov's name to Kevin Keitzman. Since I like picking on jAZ, I changed his name to Kevin Keitzman instead. jAZ wanted me to fug w/ Hoov, too... I don't remember his suggestion, but I found The Lovely Jessica funnier (the intern KK supposedly got a hummer from).

Couple days later I was gonna change jAZ to Lazly Hollyfeld (whatever the hell that means, he asked for it). That destroyed the joke, so I was gonna restore Hoov's original name. By that time he was Perfect Man Boobs.

Phil had hijacked my joke, so I left it up to him to determine when it was over.

My thoughts on the whole thing.... Hoover needs to grow the f*ck up. It's a username on a flippin' message board for cryin' out loud. What a sissy thing to be upset about.

Oh, on the "I played along" note, that's complete BS. His very first thread after the name change: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83373&highlight=jessica

He was whining from the start.

Is changing people's usernames, etc. childish and petty? Yeah... but, who gives a f*ck. It's been happening around here for awhile, and it's mildly amusing. Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch about it needs to lighten the f*ck up.

Yeah, the user name switcheroos are confusing to an old man like me. Stop it. Also, define "awhile". I'm not trying to bust your balls, but that type of shit (phuggin' with someones username) obviously annoys people (even if it was on a bet). BTW, it would not annoy me in the least. Feel free to change mine to Long Schlong Silver if you feel the need ;)

Boyceofsummer
02-27-2004, 04:44 PM
What a farce! See ya soon Hoover, or what ever you re-materialize as.

MrBlond
02-27-2004, 04:51 PM
I think instead of changing user names, mods should switch user names. TK as Skinbra was funnier than hell, imo.

I'd like to see Amnorix as Donger, Donger as penchief, penchief as Clint in Wichita, Clint in Wichita as Gaz, Gaz as Big Daddy, Big Daddy as KCWolfman, KCWolfman as 10meninonenightandwalksfunny, 10meninonenightandwalksfunny as memyselfi, memyselfi as Brock Landers, Brock Landers as Equalizer, Equalizer as Chris Meck, Chris Meck as kcnut, and kcnut as KCTitus.

that'd be trippy.

WebGem
02-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Hoover's just going to make a new name and post 8,000 more times and then say he's Hoover.

Talisman
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Well, while I'd love to hang around... actually, that's not true. Right now I want to be in my f*cking truck driving to Las f*cking Vegas... but, I can't do either, got pulled into some shit at work.

Later, y'all. I'm never coming back.

Or, maybe on Monday.
Have a good time, END, and Happy Birthday. :toast: Don't forget to give the Sahara hell for dumping their $1 Blackjack tables.

WebGem
02-27-2004, 04:56 PM
This is my 8000th post on this BB

BTW, I don't see the big deal of the name changing(s). Someone can change my name to whatever they want, and there's no way it'd make me want to quit posting on the planet period.

WebGem
02-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Have a good time, END, and Happy Birthday. :toast: Don't forget to give the Sahara hell for dumping their $1 Blackjack tables.
At first I thought you meant his B-Day was today (today's my brothers too, he's 16). But, I checked his profile and it's tommorow. Happy Birthday. Go uhh, drink a beer. :thumb:

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Maybe I'll change my own name...again. How about "Gaylord Focker."

Talisman
02-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Maybe I'll change my own name...again. How about "Gaylord Focher."
Are you a pothead, Focker?

MrBlond
02-27-2004, 05:07 PM

BTW, I don't see the big deal of the name changing(s). Someone can change my name to whatever they want, and there's no way it'd make me want to quit posting on the planet period.

Didnt you used to be ChiefsFan4269? Clear case of mod abuse.

keg in kc
02-27-2004, 05:20 PM
I miss all the fun.

Logical
02-27-2004, 05:33 PM
I don't see what the big deal is regardless of how dumb the joke is. Lighten up. This is a flippin' Internet message board, not a Donald Trump board meeting, I don't see what the big deal is and I don't have the first clue as to why that'd make someone want to leave, but oh well, it's unfortunate.

[trump voice]You don't get it, well you don't deserve to be here, you are fired.[/trump voice]

Earthling
02-27-2004, 07:42 PM
You know 'Young Codger' has a nice ring to it...That being said I hope Hoover does come back...Hoover if you don't come back you will create a vacumn...!!

keg in kc
02-27-2004, 07:53 PM
You know 'Young Codger' has a nice ring to it...That being said I hope Hoover does come back...Hoover if you don't come back you will create a vacumn...!!Just when I thought I didn't have a groan left in me....

Earthling
02-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Just when I thought I didn't have a groan left in me....
Couldn't resist...

Sorry 'bout that

Skip Towne
02-27-2004, 08:20 PM
I sure hate to see Hoover leave. He is one of the good guys. Yes, he makes bogus posts and I have called for the nuthooks for him several times. All in good fun. But really, this BB is not at all what it was 2 years ago. What with the political threads, the nOObs and the exodus of the old regulars. I have found other boards I post on rather than come here. I hear this happens to all BB's over the course of time. I still check in from time to time like anybody cares.

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 09:01 PM
I miss all the fun.

Fun? Since when were message boards supposed to be fun?

keg in kc
02-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Fun? Since when were message boards supposed to be fun?Since Al Gore made them that way?

ChiTown
02-27-2004, 09:10 PM
Since Al Gore made them that way?

Ahhhhh yes, Al Gore, the father of Modern Bulletin Board Postery

MrBlond
02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
I've read a couple of different posts saying that the planet isnt what it used to be.

I say: BS

The planet is better than ever. The liberals a gaining confidence and make for some nice debate. At least 10 new regulars have become posting studs in that time. The bells and whistles are improved. The outside BB pissing contests have been eliminated. New mods. Less trolls. And an element of biting sarcasm pervades the board which I LOVE! New catch phrases, inside jokes, and cliques.

I've been on this board almost every day for 3 and a half years and its better than ever. I've whored out with other boards and they are laughable compared to this community.

Sh!t, if we could install a beer tap, maybe add one of them overstuffed pit groups, bring in a big screen for porn and football games, buy an XBox, and lay down some shag carpeting...I'd move the fug in.

KS Smitty
02-27-2004, 09:40 PM
I just think name changes in general are a silly thing to get upset about.

It's quite possibly one of the absolute least important things in my life.

I disagree. Most BBs and a large majority of the 3000 posters on this one are total strangers to each other, they've never met and the ONLY way to identify who that person is by what their name is. For example, Hoover (RIP) posted a prayer request a few days ago but at the time his user name was "Perfect Man Boobs". How many posters missed this request, which also may explain his lack of humor here, because it wasn't from "Hoover"?

As far as a name not being important, why is yours ENDelt260? Oh wait those are just random letters and numbers, no meaning to you whatsoever. :rolleyes: Internet names are THE best because they are the name(s) YOU HAVE GIVEN YOURSELF. Not the name your parents gave you, or the ones your enemies called you or the one your friends called you but the one that you felt best says who you are. Which is also why I think some posters have changed their names, to better reflect who they are.

So sorry, I think a name is very important, especially on a "community" BB like this one. Logical, Iowanian, KCTitus, KC Wolfman, Phobia, AustinChief, Gaz, keg in kc, tommykat, and all the others on here, those names personify to me who those posters are, regardless of whether I've met them or not.

Childish? IMO, yes. Petty? Not intenionally. Funny? Usually.

Logical
02-27-2004, 09:58 PM

Just a few points.

Craig

Wow I had no idea that upset you. I readily admit that I played with that thread. I think I was the first to hide it from everyone (even the other mods), then endo came up with the idea of posting last on it and locking it. I enjoyed that because I knew I could post on a locked thread so I did and left it locked. Seriously had I known it actually pissed you off I would have at least apologized.

As far as name changes I cannot do that, that is why it was so funny when Gochiefs totally lost it when endo and Russ messed with his name. A normal moderator cannot change names, only the Supermoderators and Administrators have that ability. Hoover is a good guy it is too bad he feels he has been abused. However, I do not think much of this thread.

RJ
02-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Smitty, that was very well stated.

Logical
02-27-2004, 10:01 PM
I sure hate to see Hoover leave. He is one of the good guys. Yes, he makes bogus posts and I have called for the nuthooks for him several times. All in good fun. But really, this BB is not at all what it was 2 years ago. What with the political threads, the nOObs and the exodus of the old regulars. I have found other boards I post on rather than come here. I hear this happens to all BB's over the course of time. I still check in from time to time like anybody cares.

Does anyone remember this guy?

Logical
02-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Shit,

I just realized we lost our trusty Bombadier, what will Dreamsicle do now?

Ugly Duck
02-27-2004, 10:26 PM
3. I didn't post this thread because I wanted a ****ing pity party....Too late, cuz I'm sorry to see you go. You gotta lot invested in this BB.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Wow I had no idea that upset you. I readily admit that I played with that thread. I think I was the first to hide it from everyone (even the other mods), then endo came up with the idea of posting last on it and locking it. I enjoyed that because I knew I could post on a locked thread so I did and left it locked. Seriously had I known it actually pissed you off I would have at least apologized.

As far as name changes I cannot do that, that is why it was so funny when Gochiefs totally lost it when endo and Russ messed with his name. A normal moderator cannot change names, only the Supermoderators and Administrators have that ability. Hoover is a good guy it is too bad he feels he has been abused. However, I do not think much of this thread.

There is something else going on with Hoover. Heck he wouldn't even tell us what the prayer request was for which is beyond bizarre. Maybe it's wife problems or something, who knows. Whatever it is it has caused him to become hypersensitive to the umpteenth degree. Nobody should take it personally. When whatever else it is in his life works it's way out or goes away I am sure we will have our jolly ol elf back.

KS Smitty
02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
There is something else going on with Hoover. Heck he wouldn't even tell us what the prayer request was for which is beyond bizarre. Maybe it's wife problems or something, who knows. Whatever it is it has caused him to become hypersensitive to the umpteenth degree. Nobody should take it personally. When whatever else it is in his life works it's way out or goes away I am sure we will have our jolly ol elf back.

I agree, and sure hope to see Hoover posting that "the Chiefs signed Terrell Owens" soon... Hate for those nuthooks to get rusty. ;)

Phobia
02-27-2004, 10:51 PM
That was well said, Smitty. I think whichever moronic moderator is changing names should have his privelages revoked immediately and probably even banned.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 10:53 PM
I agree, and sure hope to see Hoover posting that "the Chiefs signed Terrell Owens" soon... Hate for those nuthooks to get rusty. ;)

Yea I am sure nobody will let him forget what he looks like with panties on for years to come.

Phobia
02-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Hoov, does this mean we can post the pic of your wife out here, now? Yeah, since you aren't posting on this site any longer, what could it hurt?

Blackmail.... that's a helluva way to get him to come back. :D

Jenson71
02-27-2004, 10:56 PM
I noticed Gaz was looking.

I just want to give a shout-out to Gaz. What's up mang.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Hoov, does this mean we can post the pic of your wife out here, now? Yeah, since you aren't posting on this site any longer, what could it hurt?

Blackmail.... that's a helluva way to get him to come back. :D

I saved that pic, I look at it 2 or 3 times a day anyway. Might as well make it more easily accessible. Could a moderator put it at the top of the thread Phil?

JazzzLovr
02-27-2004, 11:03 PM
That was well said, Smitty. I think whichever moronic moderator is changing names should have his privelages revoked immediately and probably even banned.

Now that he's moving up to KC, tho, I'll probably still have to put up with him...

:D

KS Smitty
02-27-2004, 11:06 PM

We all learn from our mistakes grasshopper. Now we have a kinder gentler moderator on our hands. :rolleyes: or maybe a sneakier one...

Be strong Jazzz...

Jenson71
02-27-2004, 11:08 PM
I've been on the Ban Phobia Bandwagon ever since I registered.

BigRedChief
02-27-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm new here in this community. And to be honest I've not read this whole thread. I was the founder of www.certificationsuccess.com . I launched a bb for techies on the site. You think Chief fans are touchy you should hang with some techies for a while. Egos bruise easily in that bunch.

So I've got some experience in these matters. Long time poster and good member of the community gets his feelings hurt. Mods using the boards for their own personal amusement. Next thing you know things are being said that you can't take back and the community is lessened.

Let the Bush Whackers and Kerry Faiders have at it. I like the lively discussion. Whos wants to be in a community where everyone says and feels the same way?

It's not brain surgery here. Some people need to lighten up. Mods must not use the community for their own personal amusement. This makes the members of the community feel like its your thing and not their thing. The community must feel like its their thing for it to work. Mods just need to straighten trolls out. Period.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 11:37 PM
BTW Hoover, that last post thread sucked major azz anyway. At the very least it needed to be moved to it's own forum next to romper room or something because it had become it's own entity just like some other threads have become here. Leaving it in the lounge was a joke. It wasn't even a subject.

KS Smitty
02-27-2004, 11:39 PM
BTW Hoover, that last post thread sucked major azz anyway. At the very least it needed to be moved to it's own forum next to romper room or something because it had become it's own entity just like some other threads have become here. Leaving it in the lounge was a joke. It wasn't even a subject.

Kinda like that girly jpeg thread????? :hmmm: ROFL

6 Iron
02-27-2004, 11:39 PM
So I've got some experience in these matters. Long time poster and good member of the community gets his feelings hurt. Mods using the boards for their own personal amusement. Next thing you know things are being said that you can't take back and the community is lessened.

Period.

Nice take, BRC.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Kinda like that girly jpeg thread????? :hmmm: ROFL

Exactly, now it's in it's own forum sort of. The picture forum.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2004, 11:44 PM
KSS,

And at least was a subject.

KS Smitty
02-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Exactly, now it's in it's own forum sort of. The picture forum.

ROFL Ya know BD, it never bothered me on the regular forum either, I just didn't click. Amazing how that works aint it. :)

The political threads on the other hand.... :rolleyes: :shake:

We're still looking forward to hooking up with you and LilMomma. :toast:

tk13
02-28-2004, 12:43 AM
[trump voice]You don't get it, well you don't deserve to be here, you are fired.[/trump voice]
Not very convincing unless you have a trophy female model around your arm...

Jenson71
02-28-2004, 01:01 AM
The Apprentice is definitely the best show on TV.

TROY! TROY! TROY!

:clap: :thumb:

2bikemike
02-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Hoover can't be gone. Did someone win "the last one to post on this thread" thread?

tk13
02-28-2004, 01:08 AM
The Apprentice is definitely the best show on TV.

TROY! TROY! TROY!

:clap: :thumb:
Yeah that guy is freaking slick. It's amazing how most of those people are supposed to be business owners with a college degree that are so smart and this country boy from Idaho is by far the best at almost every facet of business because he's a people person... he should probably win, but with the way that "game" works all it takes is screwing up once and you're toast.

2bikemike
02-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Yeah that guy is freaking slick. It's amazing how most of those people are supposed to be business owners with a college degree that are so smart and this country boy from Idaho is by far the best at almost every facet of business because he's a people person... he should probably win, but with the way that "game" works all it takes is screwing up once and you're toast.

Is that chick Heidi about the ugliest chick you ever saw?

Jenson71
02-28-2004, 01:19 AM

The guy is creative, smart, funny, charming, handsome. He's basically an older version of me.

If he doesn't get this job, I think Trump Ice would deserve more credibility than himself. I can't wait for that Omrosa girl to be fired :shake:. The only other one close to coming to Troy is the other black guy. Can't remember his name (Kwame?)

tk13
02-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Yeah, she's a troll. That's the only way I can describe her. She's tough as nails though.

Jenson71
02-28-2004, 01:20 AM

She's like a young 75 trying to look 25. ugh :shake:

tk13
02-28-2004, 01:22 AM
I've read a couple of different posts saying that the planet isnt what it used to be.

The planet is better than ever. The liberals a gaining confidence and make for some nice debate. At least 10 new regulars have become posting studs in that time. The bells and whistles are improved. The outside BB pissing contests have been eliminated. New mods. Less trolls. And an element of biting sarcasm pervades the board which I LOVE! New catch phrases, inside jokes, and cliques.

I've been on this board almost every day for 3 and a half years and its better than ever. I've whored out with other boards and they are laughable compared to this community.

Sh!t, if we could install a beer tap, maybe add one of them overstuffed pit groups, bring in a big screen for porn and football games, buy an XBox, and lay down some shag carpeting...I'd move the fug in.
<EMBED SRC=http://members.tripod.com/~Turkel/TV/CHEERS.MID AUTOSTART=FALSE LOOP=FALSE WIDTH=150 HEIGHT=60 ALIGN="CENTER">

2bikemike
02-28-2004, 01:31 AM
The guy is creative, smart, funny, charming, handsome. He's basically an older version of me.

If he doesn't get this job, I think Trump Ice would deserve more credibility than himself. I can't wait for that Omrosa girl to be fired :shake:. The only other one close to coming to Troy is the other black guy. Can't remember his name (Kwame?)

I don't think Kwame is that good. I think it is going to come down to Troy and Amy. I hate how they all wuss out when the Don corners them into speaking up about the other players. I think Donald wants these guys to step up and say. That guy/gal sucks.

tk13
02-28-2004, 01:32 AM
I don't think Kwame is that good. I think it is going to come down to Troy and Amy. I hate how they all wuss out when the Don corners them into speaking up about the other players. I think Donald wants these guys to step up and say. That guy/gal sucks.
Yeah he's a definitely "No BS, gimme the facts now" guy... and I guess you can't argue with the results.

Jenson71
02-28-2004, 01:33 AM
Now that I think about it, Kwame really hasn't done anything. I dunno, I guess he looks like a pretty cool person. :shrug: :D

2bikemike
02-28-2004, 01:48 AM

Did you see Omarosa wussing out becuase a piece of Drywall hit her on the head. Everybody else was busting ass to cleanup that apt. to rent and she went out side because her head hurt. She then proceeds to play with a Basketball and the neighborhood kids. She is gone the next time her team loses.

Jenson71
02-28-2004, 01:52 AM
Did you see Omarosa wussing out becuase a piece of Drywall hit her on the head. Everybody else was busting ass to cleanup that apt. to rent and she went out side because her head hurt. She then proceeds to play with a Basketball and the neighborhood kids. She is gone the next time her team loses.

Yep, and more than a week later, she's still complaining about that ROFL :shake:

Ebolapox
02-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Oink oink. ROFL

ROFL

-EBOLA-...classic

Ebolapox
02-28-2004, 02:12 AM
Hoover's pity party......ANOTHER damn party I wasn't invited too... :harumph:

wow, goatcheese is back??

-EBOLA-

alanm
02-28-2004, 05:59 AM

Sh!t, if we could install a beer tap, maybe add one of them overstuffed pit groups, bring in a big screen for porn and football games, buy an XBox, and lay down some shag carpeting...I'd move the fug in.Just keep your hands off my Cheeto's. :cuss:

Skip Towne
02-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Does anyone remember this guy?
I'm not a guy. I had a sex change operation, remember?

headsnap
02-28-2004, 07:46 AM
that sucks

LVNHACK
02-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Don't let the door hit ya, where the good Lord split ya...............

Gaz
02-28-2004, 08:29 AM
This episode would be unfortunate were it the first time a Moderator amused himself to the detriment of a poster. But it is not the first time this has happened. That is shameful.

And the nasty comments and satire threads aimed at Hoover are as shameful as the Moderator behavior. Hoover has a valid point. The fault here is with the Moderator, not with Hoover. No matter how amusing the Moderator thought it was to keep screwing with Hoover after Hoover requested a halt, it obviously was not amsing to Hoover.

Moderators should enforce the BB rules. Nothing more.

Anyone who does not get that should not be a Moderator.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sorry to lose Hoover in this manner.

LVNHACK
02-28-2004, 08:36 AM
This episode would be unfortunate were it the first time a Moderator amused himself to the detriment of a poster. But it is not the first time this has happened. That is shameful.

And the nasty comments and satire threads aimed at Hoover are as shameful as the Moderator behavior. Hoover has a valid point. The fault here is with the Moderator, not with Hoover. No matter how amusing the Moderator thought it was to keep screwing with Hoover after Hoover requested a halt, it obviously was not amsing to Hoover.

Moderators should enforce the BB rules. Nothing more.

Anyone who does not get that should not be a Moderator.

xoxo~
Gaz
Sorry to lose Hoover in this manner.

While I agree with what you say,.......To post an I'm leaving thread is BS IMO.......There are many Mods here, take your complaint to them all if you want but do it in private.............

Gaz
02-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Moderators have gone on record as not wanting to override each other’s decisions.

In the absence of a Moderator Moderator, the only venue for airing this issue is here on the BB. Hoover did so.

xoxo~
Gaz
Disagrees with the criticism of Hoover on this one.

LVNHACK
02-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Moderators have gone on record as not wanting to override each other’s decisions.

In the absence of a Moderator Moderator, the only venue for airing this issue is here on the BB. Hoover did so.

xoxo~
Gaz

Mods have also stated on this thread that they'd have changed the name back, and did so. To go public with this IMO is BS........

Logical
02-28-2004, 09:10 AM
I'm not a guy. I had a sex change operation, remember?

Oops my bad.:redface:

kc1977
02-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Mods have also stated on this thread that they'd have changed the name back, and did so. To go public with this IMO is BS........

Funny...I guess posting a thread like this was the only way Hoover was actually able to accomplish getting his name back.

Sometimes this is the only way to get a bully to realize they are being a bully.

Michael Michigan
02-28-2004, 11:47 AM
W/O reading through this entire thing--who changed Hoover's name and why didn't they change it back after the bet?

jAZ
02-28-2004, 11:54 AM
and did so
For the record, it wasn't changed until he posted the thread and drew attention to the fact that it had never been changed back.

Logical
02-28-2004, 11:58 AM
W/O reading through this entire thing--who changed Hoover's name and why didn't they change it back after the bet?

I am not sure I think maybe endo (I know he changed Laz or jaz to KK in that same thread).

jAZ
02-28-2004, 12:01 PM
The reality is it was never changed based on the terms of the bet.

Hoover refused to pay up on the bet. That was totally BS, IMO.

I asked for a mod ruling on the bet, and ENDelt decided to change MY username instead of Hoovers as a joke. He decided (with a little help from me) to change Hoovers as well.

I thought it was all pretty funny, and was satisfied that it was sufficient to consider the bet paid in full.

Then I guess Phob changed Hoover's name again... at that point "the bet" had nothing to do with it (as far as I was concerned).

LVNHACK
02-28-2004, 01:21 PM
For the record, it wasn't changed until he posted the thread and drew attention to the fact that it had never been changed back.

Reread the thread .......That's what I said............ :shake:

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2004, 01:51 PM
ROFL Ya know BD, it never bothered me on the regular forum either, I just didn't click. Amazing how that works aint it. :)

The political threads on the other hand.... :rolleyes: :shake:

We're still looking forward to hooking up with you and LilMomma. :toast:

Some time before long I'm sure.

BIG_DADDY
02-28-2004, 01:59 PM

xoxo~
Gaz

Hey I like Hoover as much as you do but most of us are guys here who consider each other brothers. If one of your brothers went off the scale sensitive all of the sudden he would be given a hard time by his male siblings. Heck maybe even the female ones if it was this bad. It's part of being a male. It's a part of hanging with budds that have testosterone. I know there are those who who emasculate us males. Obviously BD is not one of those. Shamefull, I think not.

jAZ
02-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Reread the thread .......That's what I said............ :shake:
I guess it just sounded like a contradiction to condem him for airing it publicly, because they would have changed it back and because they did. When they only did so after he aired it publicly.

I'm just saying that it worked.

I do agree with you though, I'm not a fan of the "I'm leaving" threads. I just think airing it publicly was OK with me. It worked when doing it privately didn't.

go bo
02-28-2004, 02:24 PM
I guess it just sounded like a contradiction to condem him for airing it publicly, because they would have changed it back and because they did. When they only did so after he aired it publicly.

I'm just saying that it worked.

I do agree with you though, I'm not a fan of the "I'm leaving" threads. I just think airing it publicly was OK with me. It worked when doing it privately didn't.it "worked"...

but now he's gone... :hmmm:

jAZ
02-28-2004, 02:29 PM
it "worked"...

but now he's gone... :hmmm:
I don't know that leaving is necessary at all. This has happened to me repeatedly and I have always been able to wait out the "fun". Hoover is seemed to be a bit of a hot head, so I assumed that played into his reaction.

:shrug:

MrBlond
02-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Did Hoover ever PM one of the mods and ask him to change it back?

All the mod replies I've read have said about the same thing. "I didnt know it was hoov." "I didnt realize he was upset." etc. I can't imagine he tried to handle it in private and any moderator ignored him. Its not consistent with any of their past behavior.

It just seems like a little thing to make someone decide to never come back. Big Daddy makes a good point. Hoover just asked for support with a personal issue and a large number of the membership responded with kind words, prayers, positive thoughts, etc. To abandon that kind of community because one mod temporarily changed his user name in jest? Its an overreaction, imo. And a misunderstanding because I am sure that if Phobia or Endelt would have known that the joke was causing him this much distress, either would have changed it immediately. Or if he would have taken the issue privately to another mod who might have stepped in.

I'm positive that there is more here than the user name. I really hope Hoover reconsiders and returns.

Logical
02-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't know that leaving is necessary at all. This has happened to me repeatedly and I have always been able to wait out the "fun". Hoover is seemed to be a bit of a hot head, so I assumed that played into his reaction.

I don't think I would call hoover a hot head. I think he has some things going on in his life right now and he may have over-reacted. I know he did not PM and ask for help if he had I would have helped him to get one of the mods with administrator powers to change his name back. Hopefully when things settle down for him he will come back. I am sure we would all welcome his return.

Logical
02-28-2004, 02:41 PM

I don't think I would call hoover a hot head. I think he has some things going on in his life right now and he may have over-reacted. I know he did not PM and ask for help if he had I would have helped him to get one of the mods with administrator powers to change his name back. Hopefully when things settle down for him he will come back. I am sure we would all welcome his return.

JazzzLovr
02-28-2004, 02:50 PM

All the mod replies I've read have said about the same thing. "I didnt know it was hoov." "I didnt realize he was upset." etc. I can't imagine he tried to handle it in private and any moderator ignored him. Its not consistent with any of their past behavior.

It just seems like a little thing to make someone decide to never come back. Big Daddy makes a good point. Hoover just asked for support with a personal issue and a large number of the membership responded with kind words, prayers, positive thoughts, etc. To abandon that kind of community because one mod temporarily changed his user name in jest? Its an overreaction, imo. And a misunderstanding because I am sure that if Phobia or Endelt would have known that the joke was causing him this much distress, either would have changed it immediately. Or if he would have taken the issue privately to another mod who might have stepped in.

I'm positive that there is more here than the user name. I really hope Hoover reconsiders and returns.

Count me in the "didn't even know he was upset" category. I've sent him a PM, tho I don't know if or when he'll read it. I think Big Daddy had an excellent point. Hoov had posted that cryptic prayer request recently, so there may very well be a lot more going on than just the username issue. I hope that once things settle down a bit for him, he'll reconsider.

Calcountry
02-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Now that I think about it, Kwame really hasn't done anything. I dunno, I guess he looks like a pretty cool person. :shrug: :D
Kwame Jackson signed autographs, hey, they might be worth something if he wins and makes Trump another fortune.

LVNHACK
02-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Could it be that maybe his thong was to tight causing a loss of blood flow to the brain..............???????

jAZ
02-28-2004, 03:37 PM
I think he has some things going on in his life right now and he may have over-reacted.
I forgot about that... I'm sure you are correct.

Phobia
02-29-2004, 04:54 PM

That's exactly what happened. I've been busy and didn't seen any of the references on the BB. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I think Hoov is taking this just a hair too seriously.

I've met Craig and I like him a lot. I had no idea this would be an issue for the guy.

Gaz, I couldn't disagree more. I think the mod abuse adds another dimension to the board. It's all in good fun. Dunno what happened here, but I think it will all work out.

To whomever made a comparison between the old star board and here, apples and oranges.

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 05:00 PM
That's exactly what happened. I've been busy and didn't seen any of the references on the BB. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I think Hoov is taking this just a hair too seriously.

I've met Craig and I like him a lot. I had no idea this would be an issue for the guy.

Gaz, I couldn't disagree more. I think the mod abuse adds another dimension to the board. It's all in good fun. Dunno what happened here, but I think it will all work out.

To whomever made a comparison between the old star board and here, apples and oranges.

Look Phil we all know you've been busy and why,....I'm surprised you're posting now.........If that's all it took to drive the guy away it's his loss............I wouldn't let it bother me..........

patteeu
02-29-2004, 06:05 PM

There are lots of childish, petty and mildly amusing things that you can do to someone that don't require moderator privileges. It's bad form to to resort to picking on someone who can't retaliate in-kind to get your jollies, IMO.

This is a general comment, not necessarily applicable in this case which looks to be as much (or more) misunderstanding as it is moderator abuse. And any moderator who gets their panties in a bunch about it would, of course, need to lighten the f*ck up. (Or they could just ban me or change my name) ;)

patteeu
02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
While I agree with what you say,.......To post an I'm leaving thread is BS IMO.......There are many Mods here, take your complaint to them all if you want but do it in private.............

I don't get why you and several others are so annoyed by this thread or others like it. Companies have exit interviews so they can learn something about what their employees who remain are thinking (among other reasons). This type of thread serves the same purpose, IMO. If you don't like it, why do you bother with it?

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 06:42 PM
I don't get why you and several others are so annoyed by this thread or others like it. Companies have exit interviews so they can learn something about what their employees who remain are thinking (among other reasons). This type of thread serves the same purpose, IMO. If you don't like it, why do you bother with it?

Because it's an internet BB, if you're not happy go away. It's not a Company, your here because you want to be if you're no longer happy here quit posting. If you don't like my posts put me on iggie fukhead........

Boozer
02-29-2004, 06:57 PM
Because it's an internet BB, if you're not happy go away. It's not a Company, your here because you want to be if you're no longer happy here quit posting. If you don't like my posts put me on iggie fukhead........

Alright Hack, if you don't let up on this thread, I'm going to post a "YOU are leaving" thread. ;)

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 07:00 PM
Alright Hack, if you don't let up on this thread, I'm going to post a "YOU are leaving" thread. ;)

Fuk that clown.........Always tryin to bust my balls........Muthafuggers could change my name to anything I've been called FAR WORSE and they ment it............

patteeu
02-29-2004, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the response, but seriously, if you don't have anything intelligent to say don't bother next time.

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the response, but seriously, if you don't have anything intelligent to say don't bother next time.

Look let's face the facts...........You don't like me I don't like you, I've tried in the past to extend the olive branch. I'm not doing it anymore, so why don't you just go and fuk your neighbors dog that's the most intelligent thing I can think of to say to you dickbreath...........

Raiderhater
02-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I needed some good entertainment tonight. :)

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 07:21 PM
I needed some good entertainment tonight. :)

And WTF are you trying to say......?????

Raiderhater
02-29-2004, 07:24 PM
And WTF are you trying to say......?????

The pissing match you two are having is entertaing me.

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 07:27 PM
The pissing match you two are having is entertaing me.

There is NO pissin match.............I've said all I'm gonna say to numbnuts.........I'll deal with convicts in the morning I've got more respect for then him...........

Raiderhater
02-29-2004, 07:32 PM
There is NO pissin match.............I've said all I'm gonna say to numbnuts.........I'll deal with convicts in the morning I've got more respect for then him...........

Well then your non-pissing match is entertaining me.

Boozer
02-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Well then your non-pissing match is entertaining me.

I'm entertained by you being entertained by a non-pissing match.

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 07:36 PM

You are easily entertained.........Tell ya what, why don't you drive over to the Paradise and get some entertainment for us both............ :thumb:

Raiderhater
02-29-2004, 07:37 PM

I find it rather entertaining that that you are entertained by my being entertained by a non-pissing match.

Boozer
02-29-2004, 07:39 PM
You are easily entertained.........Tell ya what, why don't you drive over to the Paradise and get some entertainment for us both............ :thumb:

Best advice all night! ROFL

patteeu
02-29-2004, 07:43 PM
Look let's face the facts...........You don't like me I don't like you, I've tried in the past to extend the olive branch. I'm not doing it anymore, so why don't you just go and fuk your neighbors dog that's the most intelligent thing I can think of to say to you dickbreath...........

Don't be so over-sensitive.

First, you are right that I don't like some of the things you do on this board. You are too vulgar for my tastes and you like to gang up on people when there's a pile-on. Other than that I don't have a problem with you.

Second, I must have missed the olive branch. But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. That doesn't mean I won't be critical but I will try not to make it personal.

Third, if you re-read my initial question to you without the baggage that you apparently attach to my name you will see that it was just a question. I didn't call you out on anything. I didn't call you a name. I didn't make fun of you. I didn't even single you out. All I did was ask a serious question. Your response was to call me a fukhead. If you aren't interested in getting along, fine. But just as you suggested to me, if I bother you that much you are welcome to put me on ignore (or not).

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Don't be so over-sensitive.

First, you are right that I don't like some of the things you do on this board. You are too vulgar for my tastes and you like to gang up on people when there's a pile-on. Other than that I don't have a problem with you.

Second, I must have missed the olive branch. But I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. That doesn't mean I won't be critical but I will try not to make it personal.

Third, if you re-read my initial question to you without the baggage that you apparently attach to my name you will see that it was just a question. I didn't call you out on anything. I didn't call you a name. I didn't make fun of you. I didn't even single you out. All I did was ask a serious question. Your response was to call me a fukhead. If you aren't interested in getting along, fine. But just as you suggested to me, if I bother you that much you are welcome to put me on ignore (or not).

#1 Over sensitive,.........Hardly

#2 Vulgar for you tastes, to fukin bad, that's the world I live in if you don't like it to fukin bad. If I'm piling on, the fugger deserves it IMO. Again you don't like it cry me a river.

#3 Your memory must be shorter then your dick.

#4 I explained it to you, It's a BB on the internet you're not happy quit posting and go somewhere else. No need to make a post about it.

#5 You've got 1800 posts I've got over 10500 you need to put me on iggie cause I'm not going anywhere.

#6 If I offended your gentle taste to fuggin bad. People like you need people like me to defend you and your gentle tastes. Or the real animals of this world will eat you and your families. Your welcome from me and my fellow knuckle draggin companions.

patteeu
02-29-2004, 08:24 PM
#1 Over sensitive,.........Hardly

#2 Vulgar for you tastes, to fukin bad, that's the world I live in if you don't like it to fukin bad. If I'm piling on, the fugger deserves it IMO. Again you don't like it cry me a river.

#3 Your memory must be shorter then your dick.

#4 I explained it to you, It's a BB on the internet you're not happy quit posting and go somewhere else. No need to make a post about it.

#5 You've got 1800 posts I've got over 10500 you need to put me on iggie cause I'm not going anywhere.

#6 If I offended your gentle taste to fuggin bad. People like you need people like me to defend you and your gentle tastes. Or the real animals of this world will eat you and your families. Your welcome from me and my fellow knuckle draggin companions.

Alright, suit yourself. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Alright, suit yourself. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

That's my point............It's a BB on the internet..........

patteeu
02-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Whoever moved this thread to the Romper Room can move it back now. LVNHACK and I have apparently reached a mutually acceptable understanding. :)

Rain Man
02-29-2004, 09:03 PM
Yeah, but I've got some issues I want to address with you now, patteeu.
:p

patteeu
02-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah, but I've got some issues I want to address with you now, patteeu.
:p

You better watch out. Obviously, you didn't see how I sliced and diced the last guy who crossed me! hehe. :)

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 09:39 PM
You better watch out. Obviously, you didn't see how I sliced and diced the last guy who crossed me! hehe. :)

I'll give ya credit............At least you didn't throw neg rep just because we don't agree............

patteeu
02-29-2004, 09:51 PM
I'll give ya credit............At least you did throw neg rep just because we don't agree............

Are you talking about something from the past? My rep is disabled now and I don't remember ever giving rep (good or bad) to anyone. I admit that I've thought about it a few times and I might have actually done it, I just don't remember it. Either way, its just an internet BB, right? And I'm just joking around with Rain Man, it isn't anything aimed at you.

*edit* I see the correction now, nevermind */edit*

LVNHACK
02-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Are you talking about something from the past? My rep is disabled now and I don't remember ever giving rep (good or bad) to anyone. I admit that I've thought about it a few times and I might have actually done it, I just don't remember it. Either way, its just an internet BB, right? And I'm just joking around with Rain Man, it isn't anything aimed at you.

No none of the above.............Later dude........

BIG_DADDY
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Alright someone post a picture of Hoovers wife so we can this thread fired up again.