PDA

View Full Version : So my "neighbor" sends me this s**t eating letter...

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 06:40 PM
I planted 8 saplings in my backyard a couple of weeks ago, the biggest one is only 3' high and 5 of them are less than a foot. I'm not expecting more than 3 or 4 to survive. My back yard backs up to a large common area that is owned by the homeowner's association. I share property lines with two houses, one on either side. I get along great with both of my neighbors.

So today I get a letter in the mail from a guy that lives a block away, but who's back yard backs up to the same common area mine does. Our yards are at LEAST 30 yards from intersecting at any point. The letter reads:

May 15, 2004

Simplex3 & Wife:

I've been hoping to catch one of you outdoors for the last couple of weekends. Since I haven't, I wanted to write you a quick note regarding the plantings you added behind your house recently. I was hoping that you might re-check your boundary survey to verify that you put them in the right place, as a couple of them look like they might be on the wrong side of our common property line.

I was a bit reluctant to mention this because I don't want to make anything of it. However, I also don't want any surprises or problems down the road when one of us decides to sell our property and there are boundary issues.

Thanks for your understanding and attention. Give me a call or e-mail if you have questions.

Thanks.

Some Guy
Address
Phone Number
e-mailNow, my first instinct was to pick up the phone, walk over to his house, and jam it up his ass. Then cooler heads prevailed (thanks to the wife) and I sat down to analyze the note. Let me know if I'm over-reacting:

1. Who dates a "friendly" letter? I only date s**t when I'm contemplating the possibility that I'm going to have to take further action.

2. HE thinks MAYBE they MIGHT be outside the boundary, so I should pay to have a f**king survey done? The trees are at least 4 feet inside the sod lines (even after 7 years they're painfully obvious), so the odds are slim to none that they are outside the lines.

3. "...our common property line." Earth to f**k stick: We don't have a common property line. Our yards are a good 30+yards from even touching each other.

4. You didn't want to make anything of it so you sent a dated letter asking me to spend money to have my yard marked up by a survey crew?

5. You're afraid you'll have boundary issues with a tree that is no where NEAR your yard?

6. Don't be so quick to thank me, this will not get any understanding nor the kind of attention you're hoping for.

Is it just me or should this nosey jerk get the hell back in his own house and mind his freaking dog that barks non-stop?

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Eh, seems like a nice enough guy. Talk it over a beer... :)

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Assbiting monkeyfugger..............I've got a neighbor just like him........:bang:

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Eh, seems like a nice enough guy. Talk it over a beer... :)You're suggesting I shove a beer up his ass instead of the phone? I'll think it over, but I hate to waste a good beer...

tk13
05-18-2004, 06:50 PM
I don't know, at this point I wouldn't flip out about it. If he went on being an ass about it then things will be different, but I wouldn't flip out over it yet. People are generally stupid, you always have to take that into account. :D

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 06:52 PM
I don't know, at this point I wouldn't flip out about it. If he went on being an ass about it then things will be different, but I wouldn't flip out over it yet. People are generally stupid, we all make mistakes.If he had seen me out back and just said "hey, is one of those kind of close to the edge of your property" I probably would have said "no" and gone on with it. To write and mail a letter tells me he's put some thought into this and had plenty of time to wise up.

Bwana
05-18-2004, 06:54 PM
If the trees are on your side, wad up the note and go for a three pointer. Does this guy wear a dress?

Fat Elvis
05-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Is your neighbor from Venezuala perchance?

We have an asshat from Venezuala who lives behind us who sounds like this kind of character.

tk13
05-18-2004, 06:57 PM
If he had seen me out back and just said "hey, is one of those kind of close to the edge of your property" I probably would have said "no" and gone on with it. To write and mail a letter tells me he's put some thought into this and had plenty of time to wise up.
Yeah... I don't know, it's your property, I'm not going to tell you what to do. Growing up we had a neighbor behind us that was an old lady who was nosy. It always bugged the heck out of me when she'd bug us about this or that or the other....

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Is your neighbor from Venezuala perchance?

We have an asshat from Venezuala who lives behind us who sounds like this kind of character.ROFL

Actually, one of the neighbors I get along with IS from Central America somewhere. Funniest part is that we DO have a tree that is on the property line, put there by the builder.

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
If the trees are on your side, wad up the note and go for a three pointer. Does this guy wear a dress?

Naw just the pumps...............

Phobia
05-18-2004, 07:00 PM
It sounded fair and reasonable to me - to be honest.

Maybe he just doesn't know where the lines are.

Like somebody else said, I'd grab a sixer, head over to his house, and take a walk with him. Ask him what his understanding of the lines are and then you can show him yours.

He took a lot of effort not to come off as an ass, I can respect that regardless of how much of a moron he may be.

Bwana
05-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Naw just the pumps...............

That would explain a few things. ROFL

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM

Like somebody else said, I'd grab a sixer, head over to his house, and take a walk with him. Ask him what his understanding of the lines are and then you can show him yours.

He took a lot of effort not to come off as an ass, I can respect that regardless of how much of a moron he may be.I guess my big question is "Why does he give a flying f**k?" None of this is anywhere near his yard. There's no good reason for him to give a crap.

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 07:05 PM

He took a lot of effort not to come off as an ass, I can respect that regardless of how much of a moron he may be.

Thank you, that was me...

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Hey Greg.......That fugstick neighbor of mine with the kid from hell got bitch slapped down by a convict a couple of weeks ago........Buddy of mine told me he watched it happen on tape and almost pissed himself from laughing....................:evil:

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Sounds like a chickensh!t P**SY that is working off the instructions of his wife whom hates trees. Go kick her a$$.

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I guess my big question is "Why does he give a flying f**k?" None of this is anywhere near his yard. There's no good reason for him to give a crap.

He's pissed you got a Bush for Pres in '04 sign in your yard.......

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Sounds like a chickensh!t P**SY that is working off the instructions of his wife whom hates trees. Go kick her a$$.

Yeah she hate trees cause she's got a wooden dildo..............

Bwana
05-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Greg.......That fugstick neighbor of mine with the kid from hell got bitch slapped down by a convict a couple of weeks ago........Buddy of mine told me he watched it happen on tape and almost pissed himself from laughing....................:evil:

Oh nice, that had to of warmed your heart. :thumb: So are you going to make it up here to do some fishing this summer?

Slayer Diablo
05-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a peeping-tom that is afraid the trees will one day block his view of one or more of your windows....

NewChief
05-18-2004, 07:10 PM
I guess my big question is "Why does he give a flying f**k?" None of this is anywhere near his yard. There's no good reason for him to give a crap.

I don't know, but I suppose you'd be happier if he'd just snuck over in the middle of the night and sprayed Round-Up all over them?

Sounds like the guy is just trying to open a dialogue to me.

kc-nd
05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Ignore him.

If he talks about it to you, ask him to offer to do the survey.

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Oh nice, that had to of warmed your heart. :thumb: So are you going to make it up here to do some fishing this summer?

Oh it warmed my heart alright............It'll depend on the outcome of the wife disability hearing............JOhn been around at all....????

mikey23545
05-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Honestly, Simplex, I have to go along with Phob.... Sure , maybe he dated the letter, but look at the tone of it. To me he sounds polite and deferential, anything but confrontational.

I don't know why he is concerned over something that sounds like it is not even near his property, but I would say he was pretty civil in his approach...Here's another vote for the six pack deal.

Bwana
05-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh it warmed my heart alright............It'll depend on the outcome of the wife disability hearing............JOhn been around at all....????

I have seen him on the board, but not in person for several months. I think the dude has his head deep in the books with all that school.

Duck Dog
05-18-2004, 07:25 PM
The man sounds anal to me. The type that has their entire house alphabetized.
I would rent a metal detector and look for your corner markers. Probably a 1/2 inch rebar stick. I was going through the same crap, but with two that border me and the city. Except mine is over a fence. The city told me I was in the right of way. My neighbores said I was on their properties. I rented a metal detector, found the markers, told he nieghbors to fug off, and told the city to move their power pole off my property. Ironically enough the telephone/CATV companyI work for is in my yard too. The city paid for a survey, I was right.

CYA!

mikey23545
05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Sounds like few of you guys need to be on Valium a lot more than your neighbors do......

BIG_DADDY
05-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Send him a one back that says if he doesn't quit sending stupid letters to your house you will have to fire his wife.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Send him a one back that says if he doesn't quit sending stupid letters to your house you will have to fire his wife.ROFL He is out of town most of the time, he wouldn't know if she was...

LVNHACK
05-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Send him a one back that says if he doesn't quit sending stupid letters to your house you will have to fire his wife.

That's classic.............Or ask him if he has any naked pics of her......When he says no, ask him if he wants some..............

Eleazar
05-18-2004, 08:05 PM
It's ridiculous for him to request that you pay for a survey done over his concern. If I were you I'd tell him you were sure they were fine and if he wanted to make sure he could pay for it himself.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Speaking of neighbors I have one that moved in about a month ago. He has a pit bull tied on a chain in his back yard. About 3 times a week since he moved in the dog has been getting off his chain and running loose or jumping the fence and trying to get at my kids. I've returned the dog to him about 8 times, no thank you from or anything, he just bitches about the dog and shuts the door. Tonight I heard my kids screeming about something, so I went to check. The dog was hanging from the fence gasping for air, that was the last straw, I called animal controll out told them the story and they took the dog. Kinda felt bad but this jerk had more than enough chances to fix the situation.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Simplex,

I work with legal descriptions and surveys quite a bit. It sounds like you are in a developed subdivision. In that case, the survey is already done. If you have a copy of the plat(which you should) it should indicate the "pins", set by the surveyor on your property corners. If this is the case, it will(should) indicate that they are "iron pins" or numbered caps etc.......

In that case, you should be able to locate them either visually, or easily with a metal detector.

The guy was probably just being a nosy prick, but he does have a point......I've seen alot of silly ass stuff turn into boarder wars in my profession. Even in cases of a "gentlemen's agreement" today......10years down the road could be trouble.

I agree its a stupid thing to worry about, but it should be easy enough to locate.

PM if you have any specific questions.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Speaking of neighbors I have one that moved in about a month ago. He has a pit bull tied on a chain in his back yard.According to some of these guys you should have tried having a 6 pack with the dog. :shrug: I don't get it, though.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree its a stupid thing to worry about, but it should be easy enough to locate.

PM if you have any specific questions.Could he have any issues if the trees aren't within 30 yards of his property? The only issues that I can see coming up would be if I was trying to sell my house and the trees were accidentally on the common area. Even then, why would the homeowner's association be pissed that I planted some free trees there?

siberian khatru
05-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Look, I tried to be nice about it in the letter, and keep it between ourselves, but noooooo, you had to be an azzhole and plaster it all over the Planet.

Those friggin trees are coming down TONIGHT simplex! And then your ass is going down next!

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Look, I tried to be nice about it in the letter, and keep it between ourselves, but noooooo, you had to be an azzhole and plaster it all over the Planet.

Those friggin trees are coming down TONIGHT simplex! And then your ass is going down next!You're going to go down on my ass tonight? That's sick man, sick.

KcMizzou
I agree that he made a real effort not to be an ass, but why would he care in the first place?

Phobia
According to some of these guys you should have tried having a 6 pack with the dog. :shrug: I don't get it, though.
Not at all. I'd have shot that dog at least 2 weeks ago. I just think you're overreacting in this case. Especially if you haven't had any problems with the guy before. If you didn't like the "6-pack" advice, my next option is to go take a piss on all your boundries.

NewChief
Sounds like few of you guys need to be on Valium a lot more than your neighbors do......

Holy crap. I agree with mikey and see him as the voice of reason. The end is nigh!

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:19 PM
If you didn't like the "6-pack" advise, my next option is to go take a piss on all your boundries.ROFL

Frazod
05-18-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd wipe my ass with the letter and send it back to him.

But that's just me..... :evil:

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:22 PM
I don't know simplex.....I'd guess its an old guy with nothing else to do but worry about the neighborhood.....every neighborhood has one...or two.

Is there a home owners assn? Is he an officer? Are there subdivision covenants in place?

I remember working on a house in the mountains outside the conifer area in colorado....the contractor and I were working on a side job(horse barn) and in pulled a truckload of "mountain california society folk".....they were there representing the whateveryacallit to discuss the covenant...

According to it, the colors had to be "earth tones"...the house was some crappy ass oil stain grey.........they said it didn't meat criteria.........While they argued with the contractor....I brought over a couple large pieces of Granite from the yard that were pretty damn close.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Normally, I'd probably tell you to write a letter of response, date it and crap in the return envelop.

I guess I'm feeling diplomatic tonight.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM

Those friggin trees are coming down TONIGHT simplex! And then your ass is going down next!

ROFLROFL:clap:

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Not at all. I'd have shot that dog at least 2 weeks ago. I just think you're overreacting in this case. Especially if you haven't had any problems with the guy before. If you didn't like the "6-pack" advice, my next option is to go take a piss on all your boundries.I think you have to piss on them every evening for it to count.

According to Dog Rules....I think I own SE California.....On the way from Phoenix to Vegas, we cut through the corner of CA, just so I could pee on it. Its mine by rights.....but I gave the dump to Arnold.

Boyceofsummer
05-18-2004, 08:40 PM
Send this nice OP family a doc. that reads..............

Dear ****stick,

Please be advised that you may be correct about our recent plantings. Since your property is involved, your concerns may warrant a survey to further define legality of this pressing situation. We await your reply and the results of your survey.

Best regards,

:thumb:

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
Send this nice OP family a doc. that reads..............

Dear ****stick,

Please be advised that you may be correct about our recent plantings. Since your property is involved, your concerns may warrant a survey to further define legality of this pressing situation. We await your reply and the results of your survey.

Best regards,

:thumb:Two issues:

1. I can assure you that he is not correct.

2. He could have his yard and every yard that touches his surveyed and he'd be 30+ yards from any of my trees.

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 08:49 PM
I planted 8 saplings in my backyard a couple of weeks ago, the biggest one is only 3' high and 5 of them are less than a foot. I'm not expecting more than 3 or 4 to survive. My back yard backs up to a large common area that is owned by the homeowner's association. I share property lines with two houses, one on either side. I get along great with both of my neighbors.

So today I get a letter in the mail from a guy that lives a block away, but who's back yard backs up to the same common area mine does. Our yards are at LEAST 30 yards from intersecting at any point. The letter reads:

Now, my first instinct was to pick up the phone, walk over to his house, and jam it up his ass. Then cooler heads prevailed (thanks to the wife) and I sat down to analyze the note. Let me know if I'm over-reacting:

1. Who dates a "friendly" letter? I only date s**t when I'm contemplating the possibility that I'm going to have to take further action.

2. HE thinks MAYBE they MIGHT be outside the boundary, so I should pay to have a f**king survey done? The trees are at least 4 feet inside the sod lines (even after 7 years they're painfully obvious), so the odds are slim to none that they are outside the lines.

3. "...our common property line." Earth to f**k stick: We don't have a common property line. Our yards are a good 30+yards from even touching each other.

4. You didn't want to make anything of it so you sent a dated letter asking me to spend money to have my yard marked up by a survey crew?

5. You're afraid you'll have boundary issues with a tree that is no where NEAR your yard?

6. Don't be so quick to thank me, this will not get any understanding nor the kind of attention you're hoping for.

Is it just me or should this nosey jerk get the hell back in his own house and mind his freaking dog that barks non-stop?

Let me just start off by saying I'm a Bronco fan, so that may be of some comfort to you when I say this: chill out.

Like many others have said, its a very well written, straight forward letter asking a simple f*cking question and your acting like he just burned a cross on your lawn.

Dude, relax. Take a deep breath and try to picture and nice "happy place" where you can take a chill pill and not be sooo ill.

Do as others have suggested and introduce yourself to him (and her). Try to make a friend, not an enemy. Discuss the problem. I'm betting he'll come away the wiser and you'll have a good laugh about it on down the road...

Braincase
05-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Dear F*ckstain,

I would love to see the results of the survey you're having done. If it is discovered that the plantings are on your side of our common property line, I will make arrangements to have a backhoe come to your house to have them removed.

Also, thank your wife for me. Not many women have the self confidence to clean their homes in the nude, let alone with the curtains open.

Sincerely,

Simplex3 and the rest of the 10 AM Film Crew

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Update:

My wife appearantly knows his, so she's going to call her tomorrow and try to embarass her into shutting her husband up. I'll keep you all posted.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm telling you, that I'm fairly certain a survey would already be filed on your property, if its in an urban development.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Dear F*ckstain,

I would love to see the results of the survey you're having done. If it is discovered that the plantings are on your side of our UN-common property line, I will make arrangements to have a backhoe come to your house to have them removed.

Also, thank your wife for me. Not many women have the self confidence to clean their homes in the nude, let alone with the curtains open.

Sincerely,

Simplex3 and the rest of the 10 AM Film CrewThis one I like, with the one edit in bold...

Boyceofsummer
05-18-2004, 08:55 PM
Two issues:

1. I can assure you that he is not correct.

2. He could have his yard and every yard that touches his surveyed and he'd be 30+ yards from any of my trees.

Zacly! This clown sent you a document. If he is this anal LOL after he springs for a survey. He deserves a document in kind, and I can almost bet you that clownboy don't drink nothin that aint clear and in a plastic bottle. I hope he spends sleepless nights worrying about your property.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 08:58 PM
I think for real payback....you should have your wife talk his into coming back to the house for a little sandwich action.

Send a CD of the video clip in accompanyment with your repsonse.

something about considering saying "fug you, but she stumbled along first"

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm telling you, that I'm fairly certain a survey would already be filed on your property, if its in an urban development.It is a standard development. I haven't noticed any markers in the yard, but I remember when they put down the sod they actually came up about an inch shy of the boundry markers (typical of my builder, do everything just bad enough to not be right). Since the sod lines are still clearly visible, and I'm well inside of them, I'm sure I'm fine.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:00 PM
I think for real payback....you should have your wife talk his into coming back to the house for a little sandwich action.

Send a CD of the video clip in accompanyment with your repsonse.

something about considering saying "fug you, but she stumbled along first"You haven't seen his wife, that would be punishing me, not him.

Frazod
05-18-2004, 09:01 PM
It is a standard development. I haven't noticed any markers in the yard, but I remember when they put down the sod they actually came up about an inch shy of the boundry markers (typical of my builder, do everything just bad enough to not be right). Since the sod lines are still clearly visible, and I'm well inside of them, I'm sure I'm fine.

You should check your closing documents. You probably already have a survey drawing.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 09:02 PM
If you look in the area of the corners of your property with a metal detector, I'll bet you'll find some iron rerod, pin or caps...or railroad spike/nail.

You should be able to get a copy of any existing survey of the development at your county courthouse.

Fraz is correct.....The property lines should have been without doubt in your abstract prior to purchase......

It may even be online, depending on what county your in....Kansas is actually pretty progressive with property information online.

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Zacly! This clown sent you a document. If he is this anal LOL after he springs for a survey. He deserves a document in kind, and I can almost bet you that clownboy don't drink nothin that aint clear and in a plastic bottle. I hope he spends sleepless nights worrying about your property.

You should shut up, after all, you live in Salina KS... I've been there many times and that town sucks cow balls. You have no right to discuss anything relevant to property in the U.S. Just look outside your window, your a sad, sad little man... ROFL

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
You should check your closing documents. You probably already have a survey drawing.I'm sure I do, but I'd rather not spend my ChiefsPlanet time walking around my yard with a measuring tape.

Typical societal BS. Some guy thinks he MIGHT have a problem, so he asks someone else to pay to find out if he does. F**k him. If he thinks it's an issue he can get out and f**k with it himself.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 09:04 PM
You should shut up, after all, you live in Salina KS... I've been there many times and that town sucks cow balls. You have no right to discuss anything relevant to property in the U.S. Just look outside your window, your a sad, sad little man... ROFL

Like Bronco fans....cows don't have baows, dingleberry.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
look outside your window, your a sad, sad little man... ROFLMore gramatically incorrect smack claiming the target is somehow less of a man... :shake:

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
I'm sure I do, but I'd rather not spend my ChiefsPlanet time walking around my yard with a measuring tape.

Typical societal BS. Some guy thinks he MIGHT have a problem, so he asks someone else to pay to find out if he does. F**k him. If he thinks it's an issue he can get out and f**k with it himself.

Spoken like a true gentleman and kind neighbor... you need to get a life. Then again, you root for the chefs, so you have no life.

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 09:06 PM
More gramatically incorrect smack claiming the target is somehow less of a man... :shake:

Oh, and your a teacher too. Hey, thanks teach. Want to talk football or are you gonna bitch about your neighbor all night? ROFL

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Spoken like a true gentleman and kind neighbor... you need to get a life. Then again, you root for the chefs, so you have no life.The only person in that house that's ever so much as said "boo" to me is their GDamn schnauzer that's been barking non-stop for years.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:08 PM
Oh, and your a teacher too. Hey, thanks teach. Want to talk football or are you gonna bitch about your neighbor all night? ROFLOnly 211 posts needed to prove you're a troll...

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 09:09 PM

Gee whiz, really professor? Thanks for the lesson... :hmmm:

Tombstone RJ
05-18-2004, 09:11 PM
The only person in that house that's ever so much as said "boo" to me is their GDamn schnauzer that's been barking non-stop for years.

And you have a poodle for your avatar... ironic, ain't it...

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Gee whiz, really professor? Thanks for the lesson... :hmmm:I think what he's telling you is that you've been out f**king BULLS at night, not COWS. Beastiality wasn't bad enough, you had to go same-sex too... Take your act to Massachusetts.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:12 PM
And you have a poodle for your avatar... ironic, ain't it...Coincidental, maybe. Ironic, no. You weren't an English major, were you?

Valiant
05-18-2004, 09:14 PM

Now, my first instinct was to pick up the phone, walk over to his house, and jam it up his ass. Then cooler heads prevailed (thanks to the wife) and I sat down to analyze the note. Let me know if I'm over-reacting:

no **** that shit... get about four signs that say "my yard" and plant them around your yard... and after that stick a yard "tool" in the ground... that way he gets the clue...

Frazod
05-18-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm sure I do, but I'd rather not spend my ChiefsPlanet time walking around my yard with a measuring tape.

I agree completely. May all the Gladys Kravitz-types of the world eat shit and die.

But if it becomes an issue, it should be easy enough to grab that drawing and determine exactly where your property boundary is. I wouldn't rely on sod.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I love this board, we get to bash donko's faiders, and libs all at the same time.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree completely. May all the Gladys Kravitz-types of the world eat shit and die.

But if it becomes an issue, it should be easy enough to grab that drawing and determine exactly where your property boundary is. I wouldn't rely on sod.If he's willing to hire an attorney or do some obscure s**t with the homeowner's association then maybe I'll make him a deal. We'll have someone come out to check and we'll each write a check to cover the cost. After the guy is done the guy who was right gets his check back.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 09:22 PM
If he's willing to hire an attorney or do some obscure s**t with the homeowner's association then maybe I'll make him a deal. We'll have someone come out to check and we'll each write a check to cover the cost. After the guy is done the guy who was right gets his check back.

Good Idea!! Just make sure the bet doesnt include the common area, just in case.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 09:24 PM
Gee whiz, really professor? Thanks for the lesson... :hmmm:

I'd invite you to go have relations with yourself, but I'm sure the same ole, same ole isn't going to help you.

I'd love to delve a little deeper into this intellectual commentary, but I've got something alot more entertaining to tend to soon.

Frazod
05-18-2004, 09:26 PM
If he's willing to hire an attorney or do some obscure s**t with the homeowner's association then maybe I'll make him a deal. We'll have someone come out to check and we'll each write a check to cover the cost. After the guy is done the guy who was right gets his check back.

I'd just ignore it - hopefully he'll just go away. However, if he's serious about pressing this, it would be a good thing for you to check with the Condo Association. Another thing to consider - there is an excellent chance that a person who enjoys sticking his nose in the affairs of others is already on the board.

I've yet to cross swords with my association - of course, we have no property rights to anything outside the unit. Everything else is considered common property, and all landscaping is taken care of by a service (which is fine by me). But these people tend to be Nazis on puny power trips.

I'd seriously check to see if he's on the board.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:32 PM
I'd seriously check to see if he's on the board.He's not. I asked my neighbor who's the President (who, oddly, is three years in arears on her dues...). Yeah, I'm going to have my wife call his, but other than that I'm going to forget this ever happened unless he presses the issue, at which time I'll offer him the deal.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 09:32 PM
If I picture the setting right, normally those type of common areas are set up to look like wild life refuge areas anyway and the trees would be welcomed by all the neighbors.

Iowanian
05-18-2004, 09:35 PM
On your existing Survey of the sub, I'll bet my avatar for a week, that the "common area" is included in the survey and listed legally as "outlot A" or something like that.

Find it, go poke around the back yard for 5 minutes, and you'll know pretty quickly. The "neighborly thing" would be to have him come over and see/show you where you're not correct.......

There are enough reasons in the world to fued....this shouldn't be one of them......check into it, and walk it off.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:43 PM
This little drawing should give you an idea of how absurd his claim is...

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 09:47 PM
This little drawing should give you an idea of how absurd his claim is...

Maybe he is planning to buy the common property and install a meth lab.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Maybe he is planning to buy the common property and install a meth lab.ROFL Right in the middle of Johnson County, property that backs up to a busy 4 lane street.

:hmmm: He could be that dumb...

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:06 PM

Wow... It's true. You ARE completely unreasonable. There is no point in arguing with you over anything. You are completely without reason.

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:08 PM

Bingo.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Wow... It's true. You ARE completely unreasonable. There is no point in arguing with you over anything. You are completely without reason.I took you off ignore for THIS? What a waste... :shake:

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Update:

My wife appearantly knows his, so she's going to call her tomorrow and try to embarass her into shutting her husband up. I'll keep you all posted.

You guys sound like awesome neighbors to have...

tommykat
05-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by Phobia

He took a lot of effort not to come off as an ass, I can respect that regardless of how much of a moron he may be. <HR SIZE=1>

I have to agree with Phob..........the letter was kind, and I also know that we built our fence 3' feet in, so land on all three sides are really mine..Just talk with him and see what is going on..;)

Taco John
I took you off ignore for THIS? What a waste... :shake:

HAHAHA!

I love these "free thinking" conservatives who love to throw rocks, but can't handle hearing another point of view.

Put me back on ignore you pussy. back to your world where you're safe from the big dogs.

Jenson71

Hall-of-Fame post

That was perfect. That's the epitome of smaque....

I stand an awe at greatness...

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:17 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=26841&stc=1

So where are the trees? Are they on your side of the line or on the other side of the line? If they are on the other side of the line, you are stealing property.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Hall-of-Fame post

That was perfect. That's the epitome of smaque....

I stand an awe at greatness...Isn't it past your bed time?

;)

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:22 PM
HAHAHA!

I love these "free thinking" conservatives who love to throw rocks, but can't handle hearing another point of view.

Put me back on ignore you pussy. back to your world where you're safe from the big dogs.

This post and your other post read like little more than insults to me. Did I miss something here?

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Isn't it past your bed time?

;)

Hmm, actually yes. This is finals week though. So I'm getting my shit crammed in right now...

:spock:

Phobia
05-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Hmm, actually yes. This is finals week though. So I'm getting my shit crammed in right now...

:spock:

Fabulous, sweetie. Say hello to Elton for me.

Toodles.

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:27 PM
This post and your other post read like little more than insults to me. Did I miss something here?

No, you seem to have picked up on the insults...

Megbert
05-18-2004, 10:27 PM
I got a nice letter from my "neighbors" not too long ago here it is:

HEY A**HOLE!
Yeah, You wiht the LOUD DOG BARKING too much.
Some would file a complaint with the City of Phoenix, but we choose the personal touch. SHUT the F*CKING dog up!!!
Signed,

Your NEIGHBORS!

Well my dogs are "outside" dogs and are outside from 7am till 8:30 or 9pm most nites. I have been home and the only time they bark is when people are on the other side of my fence usually walking there dogs and allowing there mutts to go up to my fence antagonizing my dogs even more. But thats another story. So its not like they are barking their tits off all the time or late at nite.

I mean this pussy that wrote this sh!t letter left it anonymous with no return address. Amazing how people can be when their identity isn't known.

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:30 PM
No, you seem to have picked up on the insults...

It just seems a bit hypocritical to complain about someone else throwing rocks in the same post where you call him a pussy.

:hmmm:

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Amazing how people can be when their identity isn't known.

You must be new here..... :D

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Simplex, the real issue here is.... have you planted any flowers?

tk13
05-18-2004, 10:33 PM
You must be new here..... :D
Hey! Quit throwing rocks at the guy you pussy!

ROFL Sorry I'll shut up now.

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Hey! Quit throwing rocks at the guy you pussy!

ROFL Sorry I'll shut up now.

Help! Help! I'm being repressed! ROFL

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
It just seems a bit hypocritical to complain about someone else throwing rocks in the same post where you call him a pussy.

:hmmm:

I don't see how. Where did I complain about him throwing rocks? I merely mentioned that it's something he does. And that he's a pussy for not being able to take what he gives...

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Simplex, the real issue here is.... have you planted any flowers?No. I'm sure my wife has, I just don't look.

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:39 PM
I don't see how. Where did I complain about him throwing rocks? I merely mentioned that it's something he does. And that he's a pussy for not being able to take what he gives...

Oh, my apologies. So I guess you actually do LOVE free thinking conservatives.

Didn't know you swung that way, big boy.

Taco John
05-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Sorry Fraz... didn't get it. Apparently there's a gay joke in there somewhere?

I love free thinkers... And what we call conservatives today is nowhere close to what real conservatism is...

Both Conservatism and Liberalism has been hijacked by radicals.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I just checked the satillite feed and your neighbor just may have a valid point here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~eglweb/resources/sp.JPG

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 10:46 PM
I just checked the satillite feed and your neighbor just may have a valid point here.

http://home.earthlink.net/~eglweb/resources/sp.JPGROFL

Frazod
05-18-2004, 10:48 PM
Sorry Fraz... didn't get it. Apparently there's a gay joke in there somewhere?

I love free thinkers... And what we call conservatives today is nowhere close to what real conservatism is...

Both Conservatism and Liberalism has been hijacked by radicals.

Nice deflection, big dog. :D

DanT
05-18-2004, 10:49 PM
I got a nice letter from my "neighbors" not too long ago here it is:

HEY A**HOLE!
Yeah, You wiht the LOUD DOG BARKING too much.
Some would file a complaint with the City of Phoenix, but we choose the personal touch. SHUT the F*CKING dog up!!!
Signed,

Your NEIGHBORS!

How do you know your dog didn't eat page 2 of the letter before you saw it. It probably had more signatures on it than the Declaration of Independence? ;)

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 11:03 PM
I think you've got anger issues, personally.That's news to no one.

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 11:05 PM
Simplex is a manic depressive. On one post, he wants to shove phones up a neighbor's ass. On another post, he uses a laughing smilie...

hmmm

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Simplex is a manic depressive. On one post, he wants to shove phones up a neighbor's ass. On another post, he uses a laughing smilie...Nah, I would have been smiling while I shoved the phone up his ass.

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Fabulous, sweetie. Say hello to Elton for me.

Toodles.

ha, nice sig. It looks so bad when used out of context...

:D

Jenson71
05-18-2004, 11:16 PM
In that case...

do you have a potato gun?

no way...I thought that was only an Iowanian thang...

dangerous I tell ya...

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 11:19 PM
In that case...

do you have a potato gun?
http://spudtech.com/images/products/sp9004b.jpg
http://spudtech.com/images/products/sp9004e.jpg
http://spudtech.com/images/products/sp9004c.jpg

Would that qualify? And before you ask, no, that isn't me, and no, I don't even know him.

It was either that or this: http://www.spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=26

http://www.spudtech.com/images/products/Mega-launcher-1.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
05-18-2004, 11:22 PM
Hmmm. Seems like a harmless enough letter. Why the uproar? Act like a good neighbor and defuse the situation instead of escalating.

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow lazer guided potato guns. Beats the heck out of PVC pipe.

Simplex3
05-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Wow lazer guided potato guns. Beats the heck out of PVC pipe.Check out that link, they have video of the howitzer in operation, shooting plastic bottles through 3/4" plywood.

tommykat
05-18-2004, 11:25 PM
no way...I thought that was only an Iowanian thang...

dangerous I tell ya...

That says enough about this thread....ROFL

OldTownChief
05-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Check out that link, they have video of the howitzer in operation, shooting plastic bottles through 3/4" plywood.

Excellent for a pre-emptive strike with the neighbor.:thumb:

J Diddy
05-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Excellent for a pre-emptive strike with the neighbor.:thumb:

Followed up by an air strike by trained carrier pigeons.

OldTownChief
05-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Followed up by an air strike by trained carrier pigeons.

Followed closely by the box turtle ground troops carrying weapons of mass destruction.

J Diddy
05-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Followed closely by the box turtle ground troops carrying weapons of mass destruction.

Beware of the nuclear tortoise.

OldTownChief
05-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Beware of the nuclear tortoise.

Naaa...Just some concentrated vials of Ortho vegetation killer should do the trick.

Michael Michigan
05-19-2004, 12:38 AM
This is the reason Casa del Michigan is out in the high desert with acreage, walls and dogs.

My advice, invite him over, and when he rings the bell, grab one of your shotguns give it a pump right by the door and simply ask, who is it?

That also works when kids are trying to date your daughter.

OldTownChief
05-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Why the hell would I be picking her up at her dad's house? If she can't afford her own place, and a car to pick ME up in, how in the hell is she gonna support me?

ROFL:clap:

XXXshogunXXX
05-19-2004, 01:07 AM
i cant stand those fckn people. The guy isnt even your neighbor...he's some bitch who lives on your block. We have trees growing on the side of our house and our neighbors just clean whatever lands on their side, not one complaint from them.
seriously..i dont understand why people act like this. Id realy like to sit them down and make them feel low...there are people like this out there..why...why...dfgfdsgfdgsdhs

light a bag of shit on fire tied with a brick and throw it at his living room window. that'll teach him to be a law abiding little bitch...or post his e-mail in this forum.

Phobia
05-19-2004, 01:14 AM
light a bag of shit on fire tied with a brick and throw it at his living room window. that'll teach him to be a law abiding little bitch...or post his e-mail in this forum.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The definition of irony as it appears on m-w.com.

Abba-Dabba
05-19-2004, 01:15 AM
i cant stand those fckn people. The guy isnt even your neighbor...he's some bitch who lives on your block. We have trees growing on the side of our house and our neighbors just clean whatever lands on their side, not one complaint from them.
seriously..i dont understand why people act like this. Id realy like to sit them down and make them feel low...there are people like this out there..why...why...dfgfdsgfdgsdhs

I would prefer to get some aircraft paint stripper for his car, he will wake up and have a nice new shiny metal car. Or RoundUp his whole damn yard, gasoline works as well ;).

Fairplay
05-19-2004, 03:04 AM
You're suggesting I shove a beer up his ass instead of the phone? I'll think it over, but I hate to waste a good beer...

Don't use a good beer get a Keystone for christ's sake!

Fairplay
05-19-2004, 03:19 AM
It's ridiculous for him to request that you pay for a survey done over his concern. If I were you I'd tell him you were sure they were fine and if he wanted to make sure he could pay for it himself.

Yes, thats the bottom line Cochise. Talk it over nice and friendly, bring along your wife too (as a witness to the conversation in case it goes to court).
And if he still has a problem tell him to pay for a surveyor to come out or forget the whole thing, Later! I wouldn't even bend to say you would pay for half of it.

Cntrygal
05-19-2004, 04:46 AM
I hate having neighbors.

Not that I would ever participate in using a giant sling shot to lob ears of corn towards another shop... pinning them in their shop while they were merely having one of their own bbq's......... BUT - I've heard that's fun.

o:-)

headsnap
05-19-2004, 04:48 AM
it doesn't always take a survey to find your property corners, just a decent metal detector to find the stakes.

the sod pattern is not a good marker for your property line, builders and sod layers aren't the smartest people.

'Good fences make good neighbors,' and knowing your exact property lines do too.

also, your twigs might be on your property, but they might also be in an easement, it would be in your best interest to move them now if they were.

how old is your subdivision, and do they have a homeowners assn.?

Abba-Dabba
05-19-2004, 04:57 AM
Screw it, burn his house down. He will have bigger problems to deal with than worry about a couple measly saplings.

I'm only joking of course. :)

Simplex3
05-19-2004, 06:23 AM
how old is your subdivision, and do they have a homeowners assn.?House is 7 years old, we have a homeowner's association but it's a joke. The President is 3 years in arears with her dues so they don't carry a lot of weight with those of us living here.

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 07:17 AM

I have not gone back and read all the posts but here is my take

Calm down. The guy just sent you a letter nothing to go ape over. YOu have two choices here 1. Do nothing. or 2. Talk to the guy. your choice But the guy ask you to recheck your survey NOT to got get one.. I agree with you that it is nothing to worry about. It will not cause any trouble. So I suggest just do nothing and calm down.

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 07:26 AM
I have never heard of trees screwing up a sale of a home. I am in the industry and I know many realtors. I have never heard anything as absurd.

I think I read somewhere there are tree already in the common area?

If so no big deal. If there isn't no big deal it might be welcomed. IBut no tree is going to screw up a sale of a house.

Forger him and calm down.

Boozer
05-19-2004, 07:29 AM
I have never heard of trees screwing up a sale of a home. I am in the industry and I know many realtors. I have never heard anything as absurd.

I think I read somewhere there are tree already in the common area?

If so no big deal. If there isn't no big deal it might be welcomed. IBut no tree is going to screw up a sale of a house.

Forger him and calm down.

Did they teach you about adverse possession in that real estate class of yours?

KCTitus
05-19-2004, 07:37 AM
First, clean the sand out of your 'gina and then move the damn trees. Geesh. It's no big deal.

Lightning Rod
05-19-2004, 08:45 AM
You sir need to come Live in my or Bwana's shoes for a while. I built a 8'high F-you wall on one side of my deck so I couldn't see my neighbors.

Brock
05-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Did they teach you about adverse possession in that real estate class of yours?

Feel free to elaborate.

Bwana
05-19-2004, 09:03 AM
You sir need to come Live in my or Bwana's shoes for a while. I built a 8'high F-you wall on one side of my deck so I couldn't see my neighbors.

Hell yes, nothing like a 'Good Neighbor' fence to improve ones little space. :thumb:

Lightning Rod
05-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Hell yes, nothing like a 'Good Neighbor' fence to improve ones little space. :thumb:

I have a 6' fence on the ground then I have my deck about 7' at the floor height and an 8' FYOU! wall on their side. If those bastages were on fire I wouldn't piss on them to put them out. One of these days there is gonna be a killin. Air deciding to leave tires all on its own, "dogs" opening gates. Their daughter drinking my vodka when I wasn't home and her parents calling the cops. And what really ticked me off was the little bitch put water in it So I wouldn't notice? :cuss:

Fortunately being a man that can adapt I just mixed it with a can of OJ and left out the water. Mmmmmm Screwdrivers :p

Logical
05-19-2004, 09:14 AM

Simplex,

Clearly he has a different understanding of where his property extends to than you do. There may be reasons for this in that his real estate agent may have told him something that gave him a perception that your new trees are within his property. One word of possible advise, many states recognize claimed domain. That supposedly innocent letter could be future grounds for a claim of his domain over that property if not challenged. As much as it probably pains you getting a survey and challenging his claim is what you should probably do to prevent such a possible future claim against the property.

Just my humble advice.

kchero
05-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Sounds to me that this guy and you live in Johnson County.

Lightning Rod
05-19-2004, 09:16 AM
http://www.joespc.com/carlos/redneck.htm

Bwana
05-19-2004, 09:19 AM
I have a 6' fence on the ground then I have my deck about 7' at the floor height and an 8' FYOU! wall on their side. If those bastages were on fire I wouldn't piss on them to put them out. One of these days there is gonna be a killin. Air deciding to leave tires all on its own, "dogs" opening gates. Their daughter drinking my vodka when I wasn't home and her parents calling the cops. And what really ticked me off was the little bitch put water in it So I wouldn't notice? :cuss:

Fortunately being a man that can adapt I just mixed it with a can of OJ and left out the water. Mmmmmm Screwdrivers :p

Since I hung the fence last summer and the meth monkeys moved out across the alley, things have improved dramatically around here. The only issue I have to deal with is the neighbors barking dogs to the south. I have talked to them three times and it improves for a few days and the barking starts again, nonstop from the time they leave for work to the time they get home and beyond. That's the part that really gets my goat. They are home, the dogs are barking nonstop and they won't do crap. Things are going to get "a little western" in the near future.

Hel'n
05-19-2004, 09:28 AM
If your neighbor wants a survey then he can pay for it...

Don't do anything. Pretend you didn't get the letter. Ignore him until he makes it an issue... and make him responsible for handling it...

Brock
05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to find your property markers. Borrow a metal detector, and check it yourself.

Lightning Rod
05-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Hire a couple of buddies to come out wearing hard hats Have them pretend to survey the area then mark your yard as being 20' further back than it should be. LMAO

Bwana
05-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Hire a couple of buddies to come out wearing hard hats Have them pretend to survey the area then mark your your as being 20' further back than it should be. LMAO

Rod, you evil bastage. I like it. ROFL

Simplex3
05-19-2004, 09:51 AM
Hire a couple of buddies to come out wearing hard hats Have them pretend to survey the area then mark your your as being 20' further back than it should be. LMAOROFL THAT kicks ass...

Simplex3
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
It shouldn't be that hard to find your property markers. Borrow a metal detector, and check it yourself.I don't know anyone with a freaking metal detector. Everyone I know earns their own coins rather than looking for lost ones.

Brock
05-19-2004, 10:08 AM
I don't know anyone with a freaking metal detector. Everyone I know earns their own coins rather than looking for lost ones.

Well, you don't absolutely need a metal detector to find your property line. It just makes the markers easier to find. You should know where the markers are anyway.

Boozer
05-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Feel free to elaborate.

There are certain things that a person can do to his neighbor's land that effectively "excludes" the neighbor from the land. Depending on the state, maintaining a garden on your neighbor's land without his permission might be one such activity, perhaps even planting trees. That's a trespass. If the land owner doesn't do anything to get the interloper off of his land (rip up the garden, file a lawsuit for trespass, etc.) within the statute of limitations, the land owner can't do anything about it. The interloper has "adversely possessed" the land from the original owner, and is now has a superior claim to the land.

Now, if the neighbor, after 20 years of having this asshole maintain a garden on his land without his permission, sells his property to a buyer, he's probably giving a warranty deed that says he owns everything he owned 20 years ago (even though he really doesn't). When the new guy moves in and finds out that he bought less than the guy claimed to sell him, he's gonna want some money back.

That's the Readers' Digest version.

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 01:56 PM
There are certain things that a person can do to his neighbor's land that effectively "excludes" the neighbor from the land. Depending on the state, maintaining a garden on your neighbor's land without his permission might be one such activity, perhaps even planting trees. That's a trespass. If the land owner doesn't do anything to get the interloper off of his land (rip up the garden, file a lawsuit for trespass, etc.) within the statute of limitations, the land owner can't do anything about it. The interloper has "adversely possessed" the land from the original owner, and is now has a superior claim to the land.

Now, if the neighbor, after 20 years of having this asshole maintain a garden on his land without his permission, sells his property to a buyer, he's probably giving a warranty deed that says he owns everything he owned 20 years ago (even though he really doesn't). When the new guy moves in and finds out that he bought less than the guy claimed to sell him, he's gonna want some money back.

That's the Readers' Digest version.

That is a good point and all but it does not relate to this. S3 is not on the guys land. It is a common area. So I was correct in my assesment. It is a tree. A tree no big deal. It is in a common area that already has trees. So why should that guy complain. A tree would not hurt a home from being sold. A fence? yes. A pool? yes. A shed? yes. A BBQ pit? yes. But a tree? Come on. It is in a common area that already has trees.

Get the picture?

Boozer
05-19-2004, 02:23 PM
That is a good point and all but it does not relate to this. S3 is not on the guys land. It is a common area. So I was correct in my assesment. It is a tree. A tree no big deal. It is in a common area that already has trees. So why should that guy complain. A tree would not hurt a home from being sold. A fence? yes. A pool? yes. A shed? yes. A BBQ pit? yes. But a tree? Come on. It is in a common area that already has trees.

Get the picture?

"I've never heard of trees screwing up the sale of a home."

Well, I have. You're "in the industry?" Let me guess, mortgage refinancing? Boy, that's going to be a great business to be in when rates go up.

Iowanian
05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Interestingly enough, aparently my neighbor has a property line issue now.

It seems, the fact that I understand he is an old disgusting fatbody, and lays on his belly like a beached whale to pull weeds in his garden, dandilions in his yard.......SO....Like a bastard....I've been mowing the 4 strips of his yard, on my side of his driveway and garage.

I thought I was being a nice guy.....like scooping his sidewalk after his wife died.

I just realized today, that he has placed flags along what he obviously believes is the property line.

I started teaching my dog to crap there over the noon hour. From now on, Its "old roy" and the brontasaurus size dooks in the tall grass.

Taco John
05-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I never have any problems with my neighbors.

Boozer
05-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Interestingly enough, aparently my neighbor has a property line issue now.

It seems, the fact that I understand he is an old disgusting fatbody, and lays on his belly like a beached whale to pull weeds in his garden, dandilions in his yard.......SO....Like a bastard....I've been mowing the 4 strips of his yard, on my side of his driveway and garage.

I thought I was being a nice guy.....like scooping his sidewalk after his wife died.

I just realized today, that he has placed flags along what he obviously believes is the property line.

I started teaching my dog to crap there over the noon hour. From now on, Its "old roy" and the brontasaurus size dooks in the tall grass.

That raises an interesting question...I bet if you can keep your dog shitting in his yard for 5-10 years, you'd probably acquire an easement by prescription, and he couldn't do anything to stop him.

Well, unless you're in the same neighborhood as AZChiefFan.

Iowanian
05-19-2004, 02:53 PM
We're in the city limits......Its not a big deal.

He's just a board old fat man, with nothing else to do....I'm trying to get along, and don't say anything, and just pick up the bucket of shingles that blow into my yard every time the wind blows.

He does mow, just about half as often.....

Its not a big deal....I thought I was helping him out a little, like I do the neighbor on the other side, who hits my patch on his side of the drive if he mows first.

If he wants to neighbor that way, thats fine.....he doesn't say much to me, but always comes to the edge to chat every time brideowanian is in the yard....

From now on, its cheaper dogfood, and a leash until he learns where to download his raiderfan.

Matt Helm
05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
If you are sure, shred the letter and have a miniture bonfire in the back yard. He might see it, but won't know what is going on.

If you aren't sure, tell him if he is that concerned to hire a surveyor to check the property lines. After the property lines are verified and you are correct, sue him for screwing up your property! Then take the phone over and...

Matt Helm
05-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Hire a couple of buddies to come out wearing hard hats Have them pretend to survey the area then mark your yard as being 20' further back than it should be. LMAO

Don't forget the orange vests and the paint sticks!!

If I knew how, I'd give you a rep for this one!!

Calcountry
05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Simplex, simply tell the neighbor if he wants to posses the property then he should put up a fence.

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 03:04 PM
ROFL Obivously, the neighbor believes the tree may be on his property. So, this is relevant.

Whether he's right or wrong is what is in question. Boozer merely explained why the question is relevant.

That is what their survey is for. They both have one. The HOA has info on the common area. If the HOA says it is a common area then it is. Based on the old survey.

But still if a tree or two is on his property who cares? It does not hurt a sale of a home. If it does then we are dead. People with attitudes like that are stupid. Being so anal. Who cares. It is a tree.

Ok for example lets say this neighbor sells his house and also say his property line is crossed over. Who in the right mind would complain about a tree? Lets put this into action lets say if S3 does complain he probably or who ever complains would just say the tree is the new owners. It is a tree. Is this what the world is coming to? Stupid.

Now lets say it is a common area. The buyer won't complain about a tree that is in the common area that already has trees. Come on.

Jenson71
05-19-2004, 03:10 PM

ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL:

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 03:15 PM
"I've never heard of trees screwing up the sale of a home."

Well, I have. You're "in the industry?" Let me guess, mortgage refinancing? Boy, that's going to be a great business to be in when rates go up.

I have never heard of it. The others I pointed out yes but a tree no. I have talked to realtors. They have never heard of a sale being held up because of a tree in a COMMON AREA.

I have been doing mortgages for over 4 years now so I don't have to worry about rates going up. Anyway you don't sell rate. Also people will always be buying homes and some of those have bad credit. Since they have bad credit they will have to refi in a couple of years. You can get alot of people to refi if you know where to look. Anyway yes rates are going up now but they will still be lower then 7 percent most of the year. There are other programs as well. I can get you into a house at 1.95 percent and save you money that you can invest with. So I am not to worried about the rates

Simplex3
05-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Simplex, simply tell the neighbor if he wants to posses the property then he should put up a fence.He does have a fence up. And, of course, his fence is 30+ yards away from my yards, just like the property line... :shake:

Calcountry
05-19-2004, 03:36 PM
He does have a fence up. And, of course, his fence is 30+ yards away from my yards, just like the property line... :shake:
Then he has to move the fence, at his expense you see. If he doesn't want to, then tell him to shut the fug up already. It is irrelevent when he sells the place, as the new owner would have to put up the fence if they ever want to possess the land.

You may attain a lot line map from the city or county, it should pretty clearly spell out where the lot lines are.

If you are not doing anything illegal, then fug it. But don't plant some hundred thousand dollar tree on the otherside of the lot line. :thumb:

Cntrygal
05-19-2004, 03:36 PM
I do. My neighbor with the kegerator quit refilling it about a month ago. Said he wasn't gonna get a new keg until after he took the CPA exam.

Like me sitting in his living room every night getting shitfaced was really interfering with his damn studying.

Did you tell him you are on the wagon?

Or is he the reason you're on the wagon?

Simplex3
05-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Did you tell him you are on the wagon?

Or is he the reason you're on the wagon?ENDelt's "life changing event" was the free beer running out next door... ROFL

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 03:49 PM
You really didn't even read Boozer's post, did you?

I went back and reread it. That is for going over a property line. This is a common area. I stated I never heard of a sale being held up because of this. It might have happened elsewhere if it was on anothers property. I have never heard such a case because of a tree.

Back to my point this is a tree If it is one or two trees there is nothing to get upset over. If the others were there that I pointed out then yes you would get upset.

I just got off the phone with the head underwriter of a local title company here in KC. He stated to me that if the tree was in a common area it should be fine. But if he put a swingset back there that might upset some people. But a tree would not uphold a sale.

He did say if the tree is on another property owners land a isloated tree or two should not hurt it. He however stated that adverse possesion might take affect but that depends on natural claim of ownership. Lets say he just plants the one or two trees and nothing else. No need to worry. But if he mows beyond that tree, put hedgeings along the tree or plantings it might appear that he owns that land. That might cause a problem. Kansas has a 15 year statue msp?

Back to what I was saying a tree or two won't hurt it. But if he went beyond that doing other things then yes. But I was correct.

The common area he has no need to worry. That is if he does not put a shed, fence, swingset etc.. back beyond the tree.

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 03:57 PM
You might want to buy this book

Neighbor Law: Fences, Trees, Boundaries & Noise

by Attorney Cora Jordan

ISBN: 0-87337-650-1
4th Edition, May '99

384 pp.

Email product info to a friend

List Price: $26.99

Book (NEI)
$19.99 (save $7.00)
Ships in 1 business day. View shipping info.

eBook (NEIC)
$16.99 (save $10.00)
No shipping charges!
Download after purchase. (1.5 MB)
Requirements for download and use

An excellent book... is Neighbor Law by lawyer Cora Jordan.
St. Petersburg Times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is a neighboring business driving you crazy? Too much noise from next door? Run-off from up the hill threatening to drown your yard?
Learn your rights and responsibilities with Neighbor Law, Nolo's clear-cut, comprehensive guide to the laws concerning common neighbor disputes. The popular bestseller covers:

fences

trees

boundaries

blocked views

noise

water issues

neighborhood businesses

and more
In plain English, Neighbor Law explains how to find the law in each circumstance and resolve disputes outside the court -- but if you must go to small claims court, this popular book gives you the information you need. The 4th editon provides a new chapter on neighborhood businesses as well as new Internet resources.

Table of Contents

I -- Neighbors and Legal Questions
1 -- Help for Common Complaints
2 -- Noise
3 -- When a Tree Is Injured or Destroyed
4 -- Encroachment: Invading Branches and Roots
5 -- Unsound Limbs and Trees
6 -- Boundary Trees
7 -- Fruit and Nuts: Who Owns What?
8 -- Obstruction of View
9 -- Boundary Lines
10 -- Using Another’s Land: Trespass and Easements
11 -- Fences
12 -- Spite Fences
13 -- Dangers to Children: Attractive Nuisances
14 -- Rural Neighbors and the Right to Farm
15 -- Water
16 -- When Your Neighbor Is a Business
17 -- Legal Research
18 -- Tackling a Neighbor Problem
19 -- Mediation
20 -- Small Claims Court
Appendices
Index

Press Reviews

So your neighbor’s giant sequoia is blocking your view. Who ya gonna call? The search for a ‘dispute buster’ should end with this helpful new book.
Sunset Magazine

For anyone with a neighbor problem, [Neighbor Law] is a handy book indeed. It walks the reader through written and common law, tells you what your rights are and how to follow through on a complaint all the way to court, if necessary.
Oakland Tribune

Explains how to use mediation services, research local laws, and present a convincing case in small claims court.
Reuters

Surprisingly, this is a fun read. The author includes interesting sidebars and court decisions to clarify her explanations.
Sacramento Bee

A Nolo book that gives practical, no-nonsense approaches to handling neighbor disputes.
Los Angeles Times

This classic book, which keeps getting better with each new edition, answers virtually all questions regarding fences, trees, boundaries and noise....

Orlando Sentinel

Jordan peppers the book with real stories of problems neighbors have with each other. The stories are interesting and, in some cases, hilarious.
Arizona Republic

Even if you don’t have a serious neighbor problem yet, this well-written and complete book is a fun and educational read. It is extremely thorough and well-documented. 4 stars: excellent.
Robert Bruss, nationally syndicated real-estate columnist

KingPriest2
05-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Here is the site for Kansas Adverse Possession

http://www.keln.org/bibs/thompson2.html#IX

Go there and read it it might help you out some.

KingPriest2
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
What ever became of this?

Braincase
10-12-2004, 06:56 PM
What ever became of this?

Simplex hired an attorney he found on a matchbook, and the guy completely screwed up the deal. He ended up leaving his wife, castrating his dog and joining a group of mercenaries fighting in Uganda.

KingPriest2
10-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Simplex hired an attorney he found on a matchbook, and the guy completely screwed up the deal. He ended up leaving his wife, castrating his dog and joining a group of mercenaries fighting in Uganda.

ROFL

KingPriest2
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Ah whatever happened with this?

Phobia
04-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Ah whatever happened with this?

Old guy from Alabama resolved the entire issue quickly and efficiently.

KingPriest2
04-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Old guy from Alabama resolved the entire issue quickly and efficiently.

Cool

shirtsleeve
04-21-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm a n00b here, but is this the threads that get bumped? Shouldn't we be bumping the "I am being divorced by the love of my life" threads with "I just hooked up with her at the strip club and omg this girl is an animal" posts?

Phobia
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm a n00b here, but is this the threads that get bumped? Shouldn't we be bumping the "I am being divorced by the love of my life" threads with "I just hooked up with her at the strip club and omg this girl is an animal" posts?

There are many mysteries that surround ChiefsPlanet. KingPriest is one of those mysteries.

booger
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM

those were the good old days. now that we are getting older and fatter we talk about trees and bitch about our neighbors

KingPriest2
04-21-2011, 10:58 PM
There are many mysteries that surround ChiefsPlanet. KingPriest is one of those mysteries.

Very much lol

shirtsleeve
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
those were the good old days. now that we are getting older and fatter we talk about trees and bitch about our neighbors

ahh.

and no disrespect for kingpriest either.

booger
04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
ahh.

and no disrespect for kingpriest either.

don't sweat it man. as soon as donger lowers gas prices we can afford to start banging strippers again

kcxiv
04-21-2011, 11:10 PM
I think what he did writing a letter is harmless, but its also a bit on the pusssification side. lol

shirtsleeve
04-21-2011, 11:10 PM
don't sweat it man. as soon as donger lowers gas prices we can afford to start banging strippers again

Start? again?

booger
04-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Start? again?

you must be lucky. where i'm at these bitches stopped taking coupons

shirtsleeve
04-21-2011, 11:31 PM
you must be lucky. where i'm at these bitches stopped taking coupons

That sux. cuz they wont.

R8RFAN
04-22-2011, 05:57 AM
You're suggesting I shove a beer up his ass instead of the phone? I'll think it over, but I hate to waste a good beer...

Sounds to me this guy is just trying to get close to you to turn your hiney hole inside out.

Hoover
04-22-2011, 06:14 AM
When I sent a letter to Simplex3 & Wife it got returned to be because of insufficient address. I think this SOB might work at the Post office. Be careful

Amnorix
04-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Honestly, Simplex, I have to go along with Phob.... Sure , maybe he dated the letter, but look at the tone of it. To me he sounds polite and deferential, anything but confrontational.

I don't know why he is concerned over something that sounds like it is not even near his property, but I would say he was pretty civil in his approach...Here's another vote for the six pack deal.

I agree with Mikey, and since that happens somewhat less often than, oh, four headed babies being born, this pretty much guarantees that you're wrong.

And FYI I date every letter I send, whether it's personal, business, friendly, or unfriendly. It's such a habit with me I wouldn't think anything of it.

One last note -- while it may not be encroaching on HIS property, any encroachment on common property isn't good for any of the other people who share the common property, so I don't think it's unfair for him to be interested in the issue.

Amnorix
04-22-2011, 07:32 AM
BTW, is anyone else thinking Round Up or whatever for Simplex's trees, which then gets a retaliation strike of antifreeze for the dog that doesn't stop barking? Pretty much inevitable really...

The Bad Guy
04-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Sounds to me this guy is just trying to get close to you to turn your hiney hole inside out.

It amazes me you got past the 6th grade.

tooge
04-22-2011, 07:45 AM
I'd call him. Have him come over. Grab a couple a beers wal to your backyard, and talk about where you guys each thin the line is. If you disagree, tell him he is welcome to pay for a survey

Sofa King
04-22-2011, 07:48 AM
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but you should probably just burn his house down.... you don't need neighbors like that.

burt
04-22-2011, 07:50 AM
um, you guys do realize this thread is from 05-18-2004?

Groves
04-22-2011, 07:55 AM
One of you two are being over-reactive, and I have a fair idea of which one.

Also, by "our common property line", he means "the property line that divides OUR common area to YOUR property. He's not asserting that your property and his property share a line.

If you know where your pins are, no biggie. Show him or don't show, him either way. If you're not positive, just picture yourself in court, "Well, your honor, there was this sod line..."

Heh, 2004?!

How are them saplings growin?

Fire Me Boy!
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
All I need to know is does he mow his yard?

Dave Lane
04-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Seriously as cordial a letter as I've ever seen. Wish my neighbors were as nice as this guy if we ever had an issue.

burt
04-22-2011, 08:06 AM
um......... 2 0 0 4!

Sofa King
04-22-2011, 08:10 AM

yup. just now did.

fuckers for bringing up old shit.

RockChalk
04-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Does he leave his car parked outside? If so, cut his brake lines. Then write him a dated letter warning him about the dangers of driving without functioning brakes.

Seriously though, I would probably just holler at him next time I see him outside. Let him know that you don't believe your trees are anywhere close to his property line and tell him he can pay for a survey if he really believes they are. If this guy is not a neighborhood friend and just strictly a neighbor, then I wouldn't waste beer on him.

RockChalk
04-22-2011, 08:11 AM

Sh*t. Ignore my response then.

Frazod
04-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Those trees must be fairly big by now.

Lonewolf Ed
04-22-2011, 08:29 AM
um......... 2 0 0 4!

Well, I for one want to know how big the trees are now. :harumph:

Dave Lane
04-22-2011, 08:34 AM
It amazes me you got past the 6th grade.

He did?

Phobia
04-22-2011, 10:31 AM

Yeah, I read this guy's obituary in the paper nearly 7 years ago. Simplex does not tolerate nonsense in the neighborhood.

ChiefsLV
04-22-2011, 10:45 AM

The tone is polite and differential and the owner has no clue of how many will survive and doesn't care if they're only 3 or 5 feet tall right now. He has an eye to what they'll be in the future when they're overlapping the property line. The problem is Simplex is such an arrogant asshole that anything remotely conflicting with his vision of the world will cause him get completely butt-hurt. I'm not the least bit surprised in his reaction.

Donger
04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
You don't happen to live next door to SPChief, do you?

crazycoffey
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I read this guy's obituary in the paper nearly 7 years ago. Simplex does not tolerate nonsense in the neighborhood.

Mysterious death by a beryllium shaft to the anus?

FishingRod
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Just curious, are you sure you arn't the PITA neighbor and not him? :) If I were sure that the trees were on my property, this note would cause no more reaction than I get from any other Junk mail. Seriously real Pain in the ass neighbors suck. This guy isn't even close.