PDA

View Full Version : Gawd this is Tuff

Chief Nathan
09-13-2000, 08:45 AM
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I am near my breaking point...For 20 plus years I have moseyed over to the trough of hope and optimism...I am now at the point that when I look into that trough I want to vomit...

In all reality we should not be that disappointed with the 0-2 start...We could have been considered the 3rd best team in the AFC and we would have been expected to lose both games...Coming in everyone thought that the Colts and the Titans were the two teams that were suppose to go the to the SB so it is not really that bad that we lost those games...But being someone who believes the Titans were vastly over-rated because of McNair, losing both games makes me sick...More than being 0-2, what bothers me the most is that were are not just 0-2 but we are 0-2 with no hope as long as we have the coaching staff that we have...

DoktorSmith
09-13-2000, 09:00 AM
j180-

I did not expect us to beat the Colts or Titans. I posted ways I thought we COULD beat them, and I rooted for the team as hard as ever, but were I a betting man, I would not have put the rent money on the Chiefs.

The tragic disappointment is that we had a chance to win both games.

The Colts were off their game and were beatable. Our WRs dropped many passes. IMO, that is directly related to Gunther’s “preseason is for player evaluation” policy. We were not prepared for our first game. A haunting echo to how we were unprepared after Gunther’s first preseason evaluation period. And our Offensive strategy was vintage Raye. That is, it stunk.

We outplayed the Titans. Despite another classic Raye performance, we led by a TD with three minutes in regulation. Our D was great all day long. We harassed McNair and held George in check. Then Schottenheimer lost the game single-handedly with the ****ing Prevent Defense. I am STILL inarticulate with rage at the spineless jellyfish Stooge. Perhaps eventually I will think of a word vile enough to contain all the venom I feel towards him. His cowardly decision lost the game. I consider it a betrayal of a D that played to its potential.

So, we are where I expected us to be at 0-2. But I did not expect that our coaching staff would be responsible for the losses. I thought that we would lose to superior teams. You are right, this is much harder to take.

xoxo~
gaz
checking his thesaurus for awful things to call Schottenheimer.<BR>

WarPaint
09-13-2000, 09:31 AM
I don't think the names that are applicable for Spurt can be found in a thesaurus.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

KCfanAHaz
09-13-2000, 09:36 AM
Gaz

I share your pain buddy. This team has the talent to win, and it really sucks to see them loose because of Backward-As$ play calling. It would be much easier if the Chiefs just sucked, but they don't.

Is there any point to hoping that JR will learn from his retarded 3rd grader mistakes?

Is there any hope the chiefs coaching staff will abandon the "play not to loose" mentality in the 4th Quarter?

redbrian
09-13-2000, 09:57 AM
We have enough talent to go 9-7 or 10-6 if properly coached, but we certainly don't have enough talent to win the Superbowl.

redbrian
09-13-2000, 09:58 AM
We can't even find an F'ing kicker or punter.

JOhn
09-13-2000, 10:02 AM
Cannibal,

always the optomist http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

I no longer hold out hope that Raye will become a good play caller. We may even change our strategy and open up the passing game, but the calls will hardly be inspired (IMO).

This game could, however, tell us everything about Kurt. I expect us to have a lead in the 4th qtr. Will we continue QB crushing, or will we again try to give the game away with a three man rush and a prevent D?

Luz
it will be interesting...

Phobia
09-13-2000, 10:16 AM
Noticeable absences in play calling on both sides of the ball: Killer instinct.

As with the rest of you, It is harder to take these losses because of the fact that the staff seemingly was still in player evaluation mode and not in 'WIN' mode.

We dont run routes that allow the receiver to catch the ball and run, ie, slants and crossing routes over the middle--short or deep. Almost every single pass play is a comeback route or an out route to the sideline where the WR is sliding out of bounds or on the ground when he catches the ball.

I thought that a good idea with O'Donnell in there would be to rush a corner or safety up the middle or off the corner. I did notice that Donnie Edwards was asked to play DE at the last series to rush the QB--maybe that was more player evaluation.

In short, we look just like we did in preseason. Listless, clueless and not a scintillia of coherent game plan/strategy. I was afraid this attitude would carry over from August. It's evident now, that this was the case.

DoktorSmith
09-13-2000, 11:07 AM
Maybe I need to go into the bathroom at the local park for words to describe Schottenheimer…

xoxo~
gaz
suspects even those terms may not be vile enough to satisfy his need to vent.<BR>

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 11:10 AM
The same thing is probably floating in your toilet at home, Gaz.