PDA

View Full Version : Is Stoyo Gone Yet?

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 10:45 AM
Just in case Gun reads this board I feel I need to remind him that he needs to find a better kicker.

Warrior5
09-13-2000, 10:57 AM
There may be nobody better available, tx.

Husted? Pelfrey? Puh-Lease!!!

------------------
[b]ct
The 3 Stooges must go!!</B>

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 11:03 AM
Coryt,
Wasn't Gun a kicker? *grin*

ChiTown
09-13-2000, 11:06 AM
I see the Donks wasted no time in signing Nedney.

WarPaint
09-13-2000, 11:06 AM
With the kicking game in the pthetic situation it is in, I might be inclined, if there is no one better out there right now, to sign Todd Petersen today, and have him here, positioned to take over as soon as he gets healthy.
But I've talked about this kid named Ortiz, who was in SD for preseason. He looked like he could be a kicker in this league, but no way he was going to win a job in SD from John Carney.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 11:22 AM
I knew the Donx would sign Nedney. Have the Chiefs even given anyone a look this week?

Bwana
09-13-2000, 12:19 PM
KCFT - Doug "Bats in the" Pelfrey was supposedly in KC yesterday.

Bwana
09-13-2000, 12:20 PM
I'm with Milkman, lets goe long with Pederson and take our chances when he get's healthy.

Does saying long and Pederson next to one another get my post yanked?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-13-2000, 12:20 PM
Bob Dole has a couple of 10" Kickers he isn't using.

morphius
09-13-2000, 12:24 PM
Our recent kickers have been more like 2" tweeters.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 12:41 PM
Chi,
Did Pelfrey look good?

Tx

Bwana
09-13-2000, 12:47 PM
Tx -

I haven't heard yet. If they were really wowed with him, they probably would have signed him by now. Although, he was scheduled for a few other stops after KC.
I'll be listening to WHB this afternoon to find out any info.

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 02:29 PM
Yet? Adam T. says that the Chiefs did bring in a few kickers, but that none really impressed them.

ColoradoChief
09-13-2000, 05:01 PM
From Gun's latest interview:

Q: Did you work any kickers out today ?

CUNNINGHAM: "We worked a guy named Holmes out this morning."<P>

broncosrule
09-13-2000, 05:38 PM
Stoyo had an interview on Fox 4 just a little bit ago. Wasn't looking too amused with them looking at another kicker, but said that he was going to "get back into the groove". He also said he wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon. Nothing like a good kicker controversy? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Stuckinbama
09-13-2000, 07:03 PM
Does Stoyo know he doesn't have a choice if Carl does the right thing?

Chiefnj
09-13-2000, 07:20 PM
I've got a groove for Pete. It leads to I-70 straight the hell out of town.

This guy, and the idiots who continue to employ him, amaze me. He has one purpose, one reason to exist - TO KICK THE BALL THROUGH THE DAMN UPRIGHTS. He can't do it. Keeping Pete at this point is like having a pilot who can't fly, a singer who can't sing. Regardless of how bad our coaching staff is, the Chiefs played well enough to win two of the last three games we played. Instead, Pete screwed up the ONLY THING he is supposed to do, at the worst possible time. How many games, and division titles, does this old fart have to lose before they get the message?

He was great once. That time has passed. He should hang up his spurs and save everyone the pain of firing him.

There are certainly worse things than being a has-been. I'm a never-was. At least he has cool photos.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?