PDA

View Full Version : Guess the Royals starting lineup after July 31st...

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Here goes:

Tony Graffanino 2B
Angel Berroa SS
Mike Sweeney DH
Ken Harvey 1B
Joe Randa 3B
Matt Stairs LF
John Buck C
Aaron Guiel RF
David DeJesus CF

Gone:
Benie Santiago $2.15M
Juan Gonzalez $4M
Brian Anderson $3.

Starting Rotation
1 Greinke
2 Gobble
3 Reyes
4 May
5 Wood

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Febles (feebles) plays for Boston. Why would we get him back?

Fezzic
06-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Here goes:

Tony Graffanino 2B
Carlos Febles SS
Mike Sweeney DH
Ken Harvey 1B
Joe Randa 3B
Matt Stairs LF
John Buck C
Aaron Guiel RF
David DeJesus CF

Let's try and all agree never to mention Carlos Febles again, thanks~

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 09:18 AM
ROFL

Holy shit, I do that all the time. Sorry, that should be Angel Berroa at SS ROFL

beavis
06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
I think they've got to find a way to get Calvin Pickering up here. Dude is just tearing the cover off the ball in Omaha.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-25-2004, 09:22 AM
I think they've got to find a way to get Calvin Pickering up here. Dude is just tearing the cover off the ball in Omaha.
Cool. So we won't be able to afford him by...... 2007...?

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 09:23 AM

Apparently, he's got some real fielding issues at 1B. I agree that I'd love to have his bat in the lineup, but what do you do with Harvey/Sweeney?

Now, if you trade Sweeney, the door flies wide open for Calvin. I'm not opposed at all to that.

Deberg_1990
06-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Not sure if i can guess their starting lineup......but i can tell you where they will be in the standings....DEAD LAST!

keg in kc
06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Common logic on Pickering is that he's the classic AAAA player. Too good for AAA, but not good enough for the majors. Who knows, though, it's not like they have anything to lose by seeing if his HR tear can translate to the bigs. It's not like we're drowning in legitimate power hitters. We have, like...zero on the roster.

beavis
06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Apparently, he's got some real fielding issues at 1B. I agree that I'd love to have his bat in the lineup, but what do you do with Harvey/Sweeney?

Now, if you trade Sweeney, the door flies wide open for Calvin. I'm not opposed at all to that.
True, that's the dilemma. I still don't think they're going to trade Sweeney. I agree with what Neyer said last week, stick him in left field, he can't possibly be any worse there than he is at first base, or much worse than Stairs for that matter. That would open up first for Harvey, and the DH spot for Pickering.

Here's Pickerings numbers, I hadn't heard that about his fielding issues.

beavis
06-25-2004, 09:29 AM
Common logic on Pickering is that he's the classic AAAA player. Too good for AAA, but not good enough for the majors. Who knows, though, it's not like they have anything to lose by seeing if his HR tear can translate to the bigs. It's not like we're drowning in legitimate power hitters. We have, like...zero on the roster.
I'm willing to take a chance on him with those kind of numbers.

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 09:38 AM
True, that's the dilemma. I still don't think they're going to trade Sweeney. I agree with what Neyer said last week, stick him in left field, he can't possibly be any worse there than he is at first base, or much worse than Stairs for that matter. That would open up first for Harvey, and the DH spot for Pickering.

Here's Pickerings numbers, I hadn't heard that about his fielding issues.

I believe Calvin might make Juan Gonzalez look like a Gold Glover in LF :)

Seriously, Cal is a 27 (28 in Sept) yr old guy that has never made it to the bigs for more than 53 total games since being drafted in 1995. In all honesty, unless they trade Sweeney, we should deal this guy while his bat is on fire. JMHO

beavis
06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
Wasn't saying put Pickering in left, the talk was about Sweeney. He actually took outfield practice a couple of weeks ago. I was just echoing what I had read from Neyer.

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Wasn't saying put Pickering in left, the talk was about Sweeney. He actually took outfield practice a couple of weeks ago. I was just echoing what I had read from Neyer.

Gotcha

I Believe Mike Sweeney in LF may make Juan Gonzalez look like a Gold Glover ;)

keg in kc
06-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Too bad we can't have 2 DH's. Or 3.

'course, I say that, despite the fact that I hate the DH rule.

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Too bad we can't have 2 DH's. Or 3.

'course, I say that, despite the fact that I hate the DH rule.

I can't fathom our lineup without the DH right now. It'd be uglier than it already is. :shake:

KingPriest2
06-25-2004, 11:51 AM

Seriously, Cal is a 27 (28 in Sept) yr old guy that has never made it to the bigs for more than 53 total games since being drafted in 1995. In all honesty, unless they trade Sweeney, we should deal this guy while his bat is on fire. JMHO

Thinking outside the box. Seeing the whole picture.

beavis
06-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Gotcha

I Believe Mike Sweeney in LF may make Juan Gonzalez look like a Gold Glover ;)
It's hard to imagine, but yeah you're probably right.

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Thinking outside the box. Seeing the whole picture.

King

I gar. you that Baird does all he can to think outside the box. Matter a fact, the picture from our vantage point is probably about as fuzzy as my balls. I'm sure he does nothing but think of ways to make this team better, while trying to satisfy the owners, players and fans of a small market team. That's the whole picture. Not an enviable task, IMO.

KingPriest2
06-25-2004, 11:58 AM
King

I gar. you that Baird does all he can to think outside the box. Matter a fact, the picture from our vantage point is probably about as fuzzy as my balls. I'm sure he does nothing but think of ways to make this team better, while trying to satisfy the owners, players and fans of a small market team. That's the whole picture. Not an eviable task, IMO.

Nefi Perez ring a bell? Sweeney $11 mil? not resigning Ibanez but sign Juan Gone? Hmm.

Did you know he traded Voyles recently?

ChiTown
06-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Nefi Perez ring a bell? Sweeney $11 mil? not resigning Ibanez but sign Juan Gone? Hmm.

Did you know he traded Voyles recently?

Every GM does bad deals. Nefi was one of his worst. You won't hear me backing up Baird for trading Ibanez. Raul was the glue for this team and we could have had him for what we are paying Gonzo in year one. I just don't think Baird wanted to go out beyond 2 years with Raul, and that's where the deal was. That was not a smart move, but I understand what he was trying to do. The Sweeney signing was over the market, but probably a good will gesture to the fans to sell more tickets. Everyone and their brother new Carlos was gone after this year, so he had to have something for the fans to hang on to. He was rolling with the momentum of the 2003 season. In retrospect, sure, it was probably not a good deal. But, all GM's roll the dice, and Sweeney's contract looks like an albatross around his neck right now.

cmh6476
10-06-2004, 03:03 PM
:scratchhead:

DT4everaChief
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM
It has already been announced that Randa wont be back next year.

AirForceChief
10-07-2004, 06:49 PM
I thought BA had a guartaneed contract for next year?