PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet/37 Forever Get Together - Sat, Sept 25th

Phobia
07-26-2004, 08:16 PM
We promised this event and it's going to probably be as much or more entertaining than our annual Banquet (to be held on the following Monday at the Arrowhead Club). The details revealed in this thread will enable even the people on even the most stringent of budgets to attend this year's 37 Forever Weekend, so read carefully.

Date: September 25th
Time: 11:00 AM until we're kicked out
Place: St. Joseph, Missouri - roughly an hour's drive North of Arrowhead
Attire: Optional
Price: $37 per individual - this is the best value 37 Forever has ever offered for your dollar - the proceeds will benefit 37 Forever and teach at risk youth to swim.
Children: Negative, but feel free to bring your older (late teens) children if they are accompanying you to KC and you can't make other arrangements.

For a mere $37, you get professionally prepared ribs (along with a host of other menu items), all you can drink beer/beverages, and you will be able to rub elbows with ChiefsPlanet legends such as skinbra, Anton, and KCGannonStalker. For those mixed drink consumers, feel free to bring your own bottle(s).

Entertainment:
College football live all day
Chiefs classic games/highlights
Fishing in a private pond
Horse shoes
Ping Pong
Darts
Pool
Volleyball
Cards

Depending on participant interest, there will be organized tournaments for all the above with cash prizes.

Menu:
Ribs
Broasted Chicken
Buffalo Wings
BBQ Beans
Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Corn
Fruit Salad
Rolls
Apple Pie
Beer - Pop - Lemonade - Tea

For those of you on a budget, you may camp on the property free of charge to enable you to attend the weekend's events. Or you may just camp out for the enjoyment factor, if that's your version of recreation. The "campground" has a shelter, toilet, and electricity. There is also floor space available. If you don't mind, we don't care. There are no shower facilities, so plan to use a truck stop or just stink.... The owner of the property may make shower exceptions based upon camper participation, but he doesn't want a dozen+ people trashing his bathroom and using all the hot water.

Rules:
Due to the liability of this event, there will be absolutely nobody consuming alcoholic beverages without picture identification proving 21 years of age. Additionally, be prepared to forfeit your keys if you plan to or just accidentally overindulge. No exceptions. Other rules include behaving like an adult, cleaning up after yourself, and conducting yourself in a civilized manner. Leave any petty BB squabbles on the board and come prepared to enjoy yourself and meet a lot of interesting people. Finally, do not park on the grass without being directed to an appropriate spot by Joe.

We will accept paypal and personal checks for admission to this event. We would like to know and be paid in advance if you intend to be there. However, we will accept walkups with $37 cash on the day of the party if your plans somehow enable you to make a last minute decision.

There will be package pricing available that will enable you to purchase game tickets through 37 Forever, but I don't have those details at this time.

This party is being hosted by the charitable and gracious Nzoner 338. If you have any questions, please direct them to him or myself (but I'll probably just direct you to him). Directions and a phone number will be provided to individuals upon receipt of your payment. We will not be posting this information in an open forum at any time.
Click this link to PM Nzoner (Joe):
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/private.php?do=newpm&u=3412

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 08:24 PM
Cool, two parties in one weekend. :)

morphius
07-26-2004, 08:41 PM
So you are planning on picking me up just in case I get 2 more flat tires, an engine implosion and a broken tranny? LOL!

Phobia
07-26-2004, 08:44 PM

Are you counting the Saturday event, tailgating/Arrowhead, AND the Monday Night Banquet?

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 08:45 PM
So you are planning on picking me up just in case I get 2 more flat tires, an engine implosion and a broken tranny? LOL!

Heh, yeah, but smoke me a little sooner this time. ;)

If you just want to plan to ride up together that works for me. Of course, I'll stay quite a while. :)

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Are you counting the Saturday event, tailgating/Arrowhead, AND the Monday Night Banquet?

No, I wasn't counting the football game as a party, though one could make case that it is.....

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 08:47 PM
I am sure there will be something on Friday also...

morphius
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Heh, yeah, but smoke me a little sooner this time. ;)

If you just want to plan to ride up together that works for me. Of course, I'll stay quite a while. :)
Might be something to think about, since I do make a great designated driver. Plenty of time to talk about it as time gets closer...

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 08:50 PM
I am sure there will be something on Friday also...

My grandparents aren't going to be very happy with the limited time I will be spending with them. Oh well, I'll just explain ahead of time that there are a lot of extra activities this year given the induction and all.

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Might be something to think about, since I do make a great designated driver. Plenty of time to talk about it as time gets closer...

Nothing to talk about, it's a done deal. :D

Phobia
07-26-2004, 08:54 PM
All you can drink beer for $37? I'm drooling already. I'm not sure there's gonna be any money left for the kids.
IF you come? WTF is that?

We're planning to stage a kidnap/rescue fundraiser with you as the victim. You'll be locked up for most of the afternoon while people are contributing money to your ransom. The ransom will be used to offset the cost of your beer drinking....

Joe and I have given this a lot of thought.

Phobia
07-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Will I still be allowed to drink beer while I'm held hostage?

It depends on how many hogs are ponying up for your ransom.

Jenny Gump
07-26-2004, 09:02 PM
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but...

I plan to determine this week whether I'll be able to make it or not. If I come, you bet your ass I'm going to all the events.

All you can drink beer for $37? I'm drooling already. I'm not sure there's gonna be any money left for the kids.

You are forgetting people like me, who get their keys taken away after two, three, maybe four beers. I guess I need to come ready to eat to get my money's worth.

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 09:03 PM
It depends on how many hogs are ponying up for your ransom.

You know, the more I think about it, the more I like this idea. :fire:

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
You are forgetting people like me, who get their keys taken away after two, three, maybe four beers. I guess I need to come ready to eat to get my money's worth.

You going to make it up this year?

Jenny Gump
07-26-2004, 09:06 PM
You going to make it up this year?

If I do, it will probably be Saturday only...maybe Sunday. Monday is out, unfortunately.

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:09 PM
http://www.savethepostwhore.com

Jenny Gump
07-26-2004, 09:14 PM
http://www.savethepostwhore.com

If this was aimed at me...then :p .
If this was aimed at Jamie...well then :)

Phobia
07-26-2004, 09:15 PM

Uh - it was aimed at Brian. He's going to be kidnapped, or something.

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:15 PM
None of the above... :)

4th and Long
07-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Just a quick question. If good old #37 was a Kansas City Chief, why in the world is the event being held in St. Joe?

Seems to me you'd get a far greater turnout with the locals if it were in the greater KC Metro area.

Jenny Gump
07-26-2004, 09:19 PM
I like her. She's a lightweight and she's got a short attention span.

Uh...did you say something?

Jenny Gump
07-26-2004, 09:20 PM
None of the above... :)

Umm...ok then. Hang on while I pull my head out....ahhhh...POP....much better.

angel
07-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Just a quick question. If good old #37 was a Kansas City Chief, why in the world is the event being held in St. Joe?

Seems to me you'd get a far greater turnout with the locals if it were in the greater KC Metro area.
I second that

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Umm...ok then. Hang on while I pull my head out....ahhhh...POP....much better.
Was it good for you to?

4th and Long
07-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Do you have a campground in KC you're willing to volunteer?
Thats not an answer, it's another question and I do happen to know several people with major acreage in the area but that's neither here nor there.

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:28 PM
Actually, that question is an answer. You just have to apply a little critical thinking...
http://nowscape.com/mormon/kolob1.gif

Phobia
07-26-2004, 09:28 PM

This event is a 1st time effort directed at the people who are traveling to KC for the game and won't be able to stay for our banquet on Monday night. We're having that event in KC for the locals. This venue was an opportunity we couldn't pass up. That's why admission is so cheap - if we have it anywhere in KC, minimum price is $50 and that doesn't even include an open tap.

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 09:32 PM

First of all, what are you saying? Secondly, why are you smiling about it?

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
This is kinda like a nature show. Only, instead of watching a monkey try to figure out how to open a coconut, we once again get to watch Jamie try to figure out a woman.
Classic.

Wow.

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 09:37 PM
This is kinda like a nature show. Only, instead of watching a monkey try to figure out how to open a coconut, we once again get to watch Jamie try to figure out a woman.

This from the guy who couldn't pick up on a simple hint for an invite to Vegas from said woman?

Or the guy who let a woman tell him no when he tried to break up with her?

I'll take my lashings, but from someone who has some credibility on the issue. :p

Phobia
07-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I'll take my lashings, but from someone who has some credibility on the issue. :p
I was going to speak up, but apparently I've been disqualified from doing so.

Raiderhater
07-26-2004, 09:40 PM
I was going to speak up, but apparently I've been disqualified from doing so.

The last line was a real gem, if I do say so myself.

TEX
07-26-2004, 09:43 PM
"There will be package pricing available that will enable you to purchase game tickets through 37 Forever, but I don't have those details at this time."

Count me in when these details are available. :thumb:

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:46 PM
This is going to be a great day. For those of you interested I will be giving my autograph to CP Posters and fans in general in the kiosk shown below. It is $10 for each one so please have your money ready. And it would be great if you could be kind and not shove. The line should be single file with no disruptive fans.

http://www.lamoise.biz/rotary/grants/pix/kiosk.jpg

Frazod
07-26-2004, 09:49 PM
This is going to be a great day. For those of you interested I will be giving my autograph to CP Posters and fans in general in the kiosk shown below. It is $10 for each one so please have your money ready. And it would be great if you could be kind and not shove. The line should be single file with no disruptive fans.

http://www.lamoise.biz/rotary/grants/pix/kiosk.jpg

That outhouse sure has an odd looking door..... :spock:

ROFL

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:51 PM
That outhouse sure has an odd looking door..... :spock:

ROFL
I am sorry if you don't have the money then you are out of luck. I don't care what your post count is.

Frazod
07-26-2004, 09:51 PM
You gonna hog the outhouse all day? What if I have to take a shit?

Beat you.... :p

|Zach|
07-26-2004, 09:53 PM
You gonna hog the outhouse all day? What if I have to take a shit?
There is a pool isn't there.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/pg2/2002/0726/photo/pool.jpg

JazzzLovr
07-26-2004, 10:32 PM
...Other rules include behaving like an adult...and conducting yourself in a civilized manner...

Well, we'll miss ya, Phob, but we'll try to have fun without you at this event anyway.

;)

JazzzLovr
07-27-2004, 06:21 AM
Hahahahaha.... oh, wait.

:LOL:

Yeah, I thought about going with "Well, it looks like I'll be partying alone this year," but instead I decided to just pick on Phil. :D

Phobia
07-27-2004, 06:43 AM
Well, we'll miss ya, Phob, but we'll try to have fun without you at this event anyway.

;)

Joe made me put that silly stuff in there. I was hoping nobody would notice....

Nzoner
07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Joe made me put that silly stuff in there. I was hoping nobody would notice....

Silly??Hey do you know how much work it was convincing mrs nzoner that you all were a respectable group :D and that her home would be safe from any childish mishaps.

nzoner points finger away from him

Lzen
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Now this sounds like my kind of party. I just wish you guys would quit having this on Mrs. Lzen and my anniversary. Somehow I don't think she's gonna go for a party. :D

Braincase
07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
TAMMY! I'm gonna need a designated driver!

JazzzLovr
07-27-2004, 12:37 PM

It's a little early for me to promise anything. There are certain Planeteers who always have reserved seats in the ChiefsPlanet Drunkmobile, so I will have to see who is planning to go to this deal. :)

JazzzLovr
07-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Whew. Glad to see you're not going to the highest bidder or anything.

:hmmm: Well, ya know...

I don't have as much room in the Regal as I did in the SUV.

And I might even bring a friend of mine to this deal.

And I never said that you were one of the people who had a seat reserved. :D

Hel'n
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM

I want to come. Trying to see if I am on school break. (Grad school is ten week quarters with three weeks off... all year long)

Hel'n
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
:hmmm: Well, ya know...

I don't have as much room in the Regal as I did in the SUV.

And I might even bring a friend of mine to this deal.

And I never said that you were one of the people who had a seat reserved. :D

I'll bring the jazz cd's... you bring the lawn chairs...

Nzoner
07-27-2004, 03:30 PM

As stated we have alot of floor space and also numerous recliners but be forewarned the caravan to Arrowhead leaves at 7a.m. so if you're not staying up all night like some of us:) your ass will need to be up and moving by 6:30a.m.

Raiderhater
07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Damn. I gotta make some new friends.

Or learn to keep the ones that you have....

Nzoner
07-27-2004, 03:56 PM
If I start drinking at 11am, I WILL fall down unconcious at some point.
As long as it's not in the pond or in bed with mrs nzoner all should be good.

Nzoner
07-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Aw, c'mon...

She's too small for your tastes.

morphius
07-27-2004, 05:14 PM
She's too small for your tastes.
You are assuming he has taste.

Mr. Kotter
07-27-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm gonna plan on being there! :thumb:

I'm not sure whether I'll camp, or stay at a hotel. If I stay at a hotel, I'm sure I can get ENDelt to be my designated driver. :thumb:

:eek:

ROFL

Raiderhater
07-27-2004, 05:35 PM
You are assuming he has taste.

ROFL

Nzoner
07-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna plan on being there! :thumb:

I'm not sure whether I'll camp, or stay at a hotel. If I stay at a hotel, I'm sure I can get ENDelt to be my designated driver. :thumb:

Just a clarification on the camping,the shelter is on the other side of the pond from the camping,so if you need electricity plan on bringing a couple of long extension cords,if not there is a fire pit close to where we set up tents.

cmh6476
07-28-2004, 02:10 PM
we are doing this at joe's house? :eek:

sweet, I'm in!@# :hump: :toast: :LOL: :bong: PBJ :BLVD:

Count me in :thumb:

Bearcat
07-28-2004, 05:04 PM

It's a little early for me to promise anything. There are certain Planeteers who always have reserved seats in the ChiefsPlanet Drunkmobile, so I will have to see who is planning to go to this deal. :)

I am on your way to St. Joseph...... :)

JazzzLovr
07-28-2004, 05:09 PM
I am on your way to St. Joseph...... :)

ROFL

Do you still only throw up in parking lots and not in cars? :evil:

Bearcat
07-28-2004, 05:12 PM
ROFL

Do you still only throw up in parking lots and not in cars? :evil:

I can honestly say I have thrown up in zero vehicles... I'll even go without parking lot... there's rest stops on the way home :D

KcMizzou
07-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Man, you were a hurtin' unit that night...

Lzen
07-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Man, my wife is so awesome. Looks like we're gonna be there for this one. :) She is a little uneasy about hangin' with a bunch of people she doesn't know. Of course, that's understandable. Hell, I feel a little the same but at least I have met a few of you. Well, 3 to be exact. But it's almost like I know you all from being here and on the Star bb. :thumb:

Braincase, you gonna make this party?

Lzen
07-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Oh and don't expect me to remember who you are if I'm drinking. Unless we'll be wearing nametags with our CP names, I'll may ask who people are numberous times. :D

Raiderhater
07-29-2004, 09:31 AM
Oh and don't expect me to remember who you are if I'm drinking. Unless we'll be wearing nametags with our CP names, I'll may ask who people are numberous times. :D

Names tags are not always helpful.....

Nzoner
07-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Man, my wife is so awesome. Looks like we're gonna be there for this one. :) She is a little uneasy about hangin' with a bunch of people she doesn't know. Of course, that's understandable. Hell, I feel a little the same

Uneasy?That's mild compared to mrs nzoner's reaction when she found out we were opening our home to a bunch of people she doesn't know.

Since then she's met Phobia and now I don't even know if she's going to be here that day.:D

JazzzLovr
07-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Since then she's met Phobia and now I don't even know if she's going to be here that day.:D

ROFL

What? You couldn't ease her into this a little more gradually?

Or were you trying to scare her off? :D

Nzoner
07-29-2004, 01:41 PM
What kind of relationship do you have with the local law enforcement?

They don't know me and I don't know them and I'd very much like to keep it that way.

Nzoner
07-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Or were you trying to scare her off? :D

Damn,you're good :D

JazzzLovr
07-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Damn,you're good :D

I hear that a lot.

:evil:

Raiderhater
07-29-2004, 02:08 PM
What kind of relationship do you have with the local law enforcement?

Just how much trouble you plan on getting into, Brian?

KC Dan
07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Brian,
You showing up?

KC Dan
07-29-2004, 02:36 PM
I dunno.
You never know there may be single moms there for you to support! ROFL

Nzoner
07-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Actually, the serious answer was I was curious what the possibility of cops showing up and shutting the party down due to noise was.

Since others may be wondering the same thing I'll say the main noise I see will be the music level,and having very few neighbors I don't forsee that being a problem.

JazzzLovr
07-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Since others may be wondering the same thing I'll say the main noise I see will be the music level, and having very few neighbors I don't forsee that being a problem.

Uh, you've met Phobia, right?

:spock:

;)

Nzoner
07-29-2004, 03:15 PM

;)

I have a feeling after Phobia saw the state Spanky and I was in on Cinco De Mayo he has no worries of being too loud & obnoxious. ;)

Raiderhater
07-29-2004, 03:21 PM
None, of course. I'm innocent.

It's the others I'm concerned about.

Actually, the serious answer was I was curious what the possibility of cops showing up and shutting the party down due to noise was.

Yeah, my ass.

From the sounds of things this is out in the country, so I would think that would not be much of a problem.

But what do I know?

tommykat
07-29-2004, 04:56 PM

;)

Touche' :thumb:

Dinny Bossa Nova
07-29-2004, 08:36 PM
I've been absent for a long time, but the Kirk Brown Band will be available for any and all required entertainment duties.

Dinny

2bikemike
07-29-2004, 09:01 PM
I may have found a way to make the game and Saturday party. But I will have to fly out first thing Monday morning. Now all I have to do is convince a co worker to switch my day shift for his night shifts. I would work monday night at 7:00

Damn I hope this works. It sounds like the party saturday will be a blast. But I am still pissed I have to miss the banquet.

ROYC75
07-30-2004, 08:00 AM
I've been absent for a long time, but the Kirk Brown Band will be available for any and all required entertainment duties.

Dinny

Sounds good Dennis .......... Monday night , 6 - midnight. Sept.27th at the Arrowhead Club, Arrowhead Stadium

Logical
07-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Well I now have my ticket, hotel room and car for my son and myself to attend the 37 Forever weekend game and activities.

Now all I need is some luck at getting tickets Tuesday morning when they go on sale.:grovel:

See you all there.:thumb:

keg in kc
07-30-2004, 10:12 PM
Well I now have my ticket, hotel room and car Jim, if your rented from Enterprise I'm going to kick your ass.

(just trying to get in the arena spirit...)

Mr. Kotter
07-30-2004, 11:38 PM

Dinny

I hope we are able to include you...I'm anxious to see you guys. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
07-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Sounds good Dennis .......... Monday night , 6 - midnight. Sept.27th at the Arrowhead Club, Arrowhead Stadium

Can they make an appearance at Joe's place? :hmmm:

We could call it "Bash in the Grass".... :p

KS Smitty
07-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Can they make an appearance at Joe's place? :hmmm:

We could call it "Bash in the Grass".... :p

I think this is an "eggssselent" idea! (well maybe not the name :p ) Dinny and Joe let's see what can be worked out! Of course we still want the band for the banquet Monday evening too if it doesn't interfere with your "real jobs", Dinny! :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
07-31-2004, 12:51 AM
I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds... but, as I understand it, the entertainment at Joe's party is still undecided. So, it is *possible* that the Kirk Brown Band could be it. But, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up... or cause any hard feelings... if that isn't the way it shakes out.

We know, we know....just tryin' to "encourage" Dennis and Phil to warm up to the idea....

Nzoner
07-31-2004, 08:27 AM
I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds... but, as I understand it, the entertainment at Joe's party is still undecided. So, it is *possible* that the Kirk Brown Band could be it. But, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up... or cause any hard feelings... if that isn't the way it shakes out.

As of right now there is no definite entertainment,however,an advertiser of ours has offered his dj services at no charge in support of 37 Forever.

Personally,I'm all for a live band if the Kirk Brown Band is willing to make thier way to Joetown.

Seeing that we're starting at 11a.m. and going until I kick all your asses out I'm thinking maybe there would be a way to have both.

Phobia
07-31-2004, 08:32 AM
As of right now there is no definite entertainment,however,an advertiser of ours has offered his dj services at no charge in support of 37 Forever.

Personally,I'm all for a live band if the Kirk Brown Band is willing to make thier way to Joetown.

Seeing that we're starting at 11a.m. and going until I kick all your asses out I'm thinking maybe there would be a way to have both.

OMG OMG

Please delete this before Dinny sees it.

Holy crap. We're screwed.

morphius
07-31-2004, 08:34 AM
OMG OMG

Oh no lie, this is gonna leave a mark...

Morphius
Running for the bomb shelter.

Nzoner
07-31-2004, 09:18 AM
OMG OMG

Oh no lie, this is gonna leave a mark...

Morphius
Running for the bomb shelter.

Dinny......you have a smoke :D

Chief Henry
08-01-2004, 06:04 AM
Not that any of you guys will miss me!!! But that weekend I just found out I'm heading up to the Big House to catch the Iowa Hawkeyes
at Michigan. I'm stoked for this weekend trip.

Bob Dole
08-01-2004, 07:09 AM
As of right now there is no definite entertainment...

Phobia isn't sure he's attending?

pink
08-01-2004, 11:33 AM
gotcha covered...HEY, if you are planning on going, please PM me with your first name (or what you go by) and the first name of anyone you are bringing...(also let me know if person you are bringing is a Mrs./Mr. or just a friend, etc...) thanks! i think nametags are helpful no matter what raiderhader thinks...;)

pink
08-01-2004, 11:34 AM
Names tags are not always helpful.....
ok, i guess if your sight is ALSO impaired, then i agree...

pink
08-01-2004, 11:37 AM
I have a feeling after Phobia saw the state Spanky and I was in on Cinco De Mayo he has no worries of being too loud & obnoxious. ;)
i'll have to say i concur that you definitely gave phobia a run for his money in the loud and obnoxious category...;)

Nzoner
08-01-2004, 11:47 AM
but, as I understand it, the entertainment at Joe's party is still undecided.

ROFL

Now that I've been filled in I'd like to say nice sidestep.

Thanks fockers.:D

pink
08-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Phobia isn't sure he's attending?
donchu worry. i am bringing the entertainment. don't i always? jeesh.

Nzoner
08-01-2004, 12:10 PM
you definitely gave phobia a run for his money

Oh I love a good challenge,tell phil sept 25th it's on.

Raiderhater
08-01-2004, 06:20 PM
ok, i guess if your sight is ALSO impaired, then i agree...

Phil must not have filled you in on my little stunt last year......

pink
08-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Phil must not have filled you in on my little stunt last year......
not that i recall. but of course, we'd love to hear it...

Raiderhater
08-02-2004, 09:46 AM
not that i recall. but of course, we'd love to hear it...

I had the majority of the people at the banquet last year wearing gochiefs name tags. :)

|Zach|
08-02-2004, 05:06 PM
I had the majority of the people at the banquet last year wearing gochiefs name tags. :)
Awesome prank Farva.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I won't be at the Saturday affair, but I'm definitely in for Sunday/Monday. Secured the plane tickets, but I'll be spending Saturday visiting my relatives in KC. Haven't seen some of them in almost 20 years. :eek:

What's the hotel near Arrowhead that everyone recommends?

KcMizzou
08-02-2004, 05:25 PM
What's the hotel near Arrowhead that everyone recommends? The Adam's Mark, maybe?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-02-2004, 05:26 PM
The Adam's Mark, maybe?

That's what I thought too, but according to their website, the only Adam's Mark in MO is in ST. Louis.

Did it change ownership recently?

JazzzLovr
08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
The Adam's Mark, maybe?

Tommykat doesn't recommend that one.

KcMizzou
08-02-2004, 05:35 PM
(816) 737-0200 "It's a great day at the Clarion Sports Complex, formerly the Adam's Mark.. How may I direct your call?"

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Well, whaddya know?

Link (http://www7.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=xgfgM.2uaN8lAsOg.7&hotel=MO204&sarea=85573&sname=Kansas+City&sstate=MO&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=39.09989929199219&slon=-94.58300018310547&schain=R&exp=&scity=Kansas+City&sort=)

Thanks Endelt and KCMizzou.

Hmm, 98.10 a night. Anyone interested in splitting a non-smoking room? If so, I'll reserve the room for Saturday through Tuesday morning checkout.

Send me a smoke and let me know.

Bob Dole
08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Awesome prank Farva.

Actually, it was kind of shitty.

Shitty, shitty, shitty.

RedNFeisty
08-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Clint and I are still not sure if we will be able to attend this year. With it being his birthday weekend, and the fact that we wouldn't want to get a babysitter for the entire weekend. We are thinking of maybe attending Sunday or Monday. It is way up in the air.

morphius
08-03-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm still counting on something bad coming up that weekend, I have faith in my bad luck.

Slayer Diablo
08-03-2004, 12:00 PM
If Bearcat or someone gives me a ride, I'll come...same for the banquet, too.

BTW, is information on the banquet package out yet?

KcMizzou
08-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I'll be working, unless I can somehow pull off a trade, and that's not likely. It really sucks too... esp. since it's in St. Joe. :(

morphius
08-03-2004, 12:04 PM
If Bearcat or someone gives me a ride, I'll come...same for the banquet, too.

BTW, is information on the banquet package out yet?
You know if you threaten that you are going to drive yourself if nobody offers you may get more volunteers, heck Nzoner might come and pick you up to keep you from running into his house.

morphius
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I'll be working, unless I can somehow pull off a trade, and that's not likely. It really sucks too... esp. since it's in St. Joe. :(
What hours do you work? I have a feeling its gonna start early and end uber late.

KcMizzou
08-03-2004, 12:06 PM
What hours do you work? I have a feeling its gonna start early and end uber late. 11:30 am to midnight.. in KC. I get home at 1am. That's why it's so tough to trade. Nobody wants to work Saturday... let alone 12 1/2 hours on a Saturday..

Slayer Diablo
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
You know if you threaten that you are going to drive yourself if nobody offers you may get more volunteers, heck Nzoner might come and pick you up to keep you from running into his house.

If I get a car by then, I might just go and do that. :D

BTW, I've been forced to take lessons, and have been doing pretty damn well.

JazzzLovr
08-03-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm still counting on something bad coming up that weekend...

If Bearcat or someone gives me a ride, I'll come...

Wow. You called it, morph.

;)

Slayer Diablo
08-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Wow. You called it, morph.

;)

Pish posh...I'm not that bad, and you know it.

morphius
08-03-2004, 12:22 PM
11:30 am to midnight.. in KC. I get home at 1am. That's why it's so tough to trade. Nobody wants to work Saturday... let alone 12 1/2 hours on a Saturday..
Ouch!!! I had a job like that, but it started at 7am and got over at 7pm, much easier to deal with.

Lzen
08-03-2004, 02:21 PM
11:30 am to midnight.. in KC. I get home at 1am. That's why it's so tough to trade. Nobody wants to work Saturday... let alone 12 1/2 hours on a Saturday..

Eh, just get a new job. :D

Raiderhater
08-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Just found out my grandparents will be out of town that weekend. I am going to have the place to myself. PBJ

JazzzLovr
08-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Just found out my grandparents will be out of town that weekend. I am going to have the place to myself. PBJ

Excellent! The drunks can stay with you this year.

:p

JazzzLovr
08-04-2004, 03:32 PM
PARTY AT JAMIE'S!!!! Whoo-hoo!

See? :D

LVNHACK
08-04-2004, 07:29 PM

Probably won't be any girls there................... TinkyWinky

KcMizzou
08-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Probably won't be any girls there................... TinkyWinky Sausage party at Jamie's. :shake: :banghead:

LVNHACK
08-04-2004, 07:51 PM
Sausage party at Jamie's. :shake: :banghead:

Think I'll pass..................

|Zach|
08-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Yes, something tells me there would be way to many pickles in that jar.

Raiderhater
08-04-2004, 08:26 PM

Sounds like.

Raiderhater
08-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Excellent! The drunks can stay with you this year.

:p

Well Brian, looks liek you'll have a drunk driver instead of a designated one this year.....

Raiderhater
08-04-2004, 08:28 PM

Only if the locals don't bring any girls over....

LVNHACK
08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
You guys need to get one of those portable stripper poles.............

Frazod
08-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Well Brian, looks liek you'll have a drunk driver instead of a designated one this year.....

Here's a thought - we could get ENDelt to drive Brad around.... :eek:

Sure as hell won't be in my car, though. ROFL

LVNHACK
08-04-2004, 09:47 PM

Get 'em a wheelbarrow.............Jamie could push.....

Frazod
08-04-2004, 09:53 PM

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
08-04-2004, 09:56 PM

Dude....you gotta figure dat ch*t out. You got 6 weeks. :shake:

Anton
08-04-2004, 09:59 PM

Really??? :hmmm:

PBJ

Anton
08-04-2004, 10:00 PM

I'm definitely there; last time it was just me and Jamie...this time, a bit of VARIETY....

LVNHACK
08-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm definitely there; last time it was just me and Jamie...this time, a bit of VARIETY....

ROFL

Frazod
08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Uh, let's not.

Why not? It would be fun to watch. From a safe distance. :evil:

tk13
08-04-2004, 11:58 PM
Why not? It would be fun to watch. From a safe distance. :evil:
Yeah. Like Canada.

Raiderhater
08-05-2004, 06:59 PM

Nor Mine.

Raiderhater
08-05-2004, 07:00 PM

I'm thinking ... no.

LVNHACK
08-06-2004, 07:01 AM
I'm thinking ... no.

Come on you could use it as a arm workout.................

Jenson71
08-07-2004, 09:18 PM
I want to come...

Raiderhater
08-07-2004, 09:19 PM
I want to come...

Yeah, you and goslayer both....

Jenson71
08-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Yeah, you and goslayer both....

If he's coming, I'm coming. Seriously. I can pick one game to go to this year.

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I want to come...

TMI... :shake:

Jenson71
08-07-2004, 09:51 PM
TMI... :shake:

no, anton. I don't want to cum. I want to come.

Phobia
08-07-2004, 09:57 PM
If he's coming, I'm coming. Seriously. I can pick one game to go to this year.

Heh - then come. You're going to be seriously disappointed, though. No matter what the ladies may have led you to believe, I don't resemble Brad Pitt at all.

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2004, 10:02 PM
no, anton. I don't want to cum. I want to come.

I'll relay your rejection to Anton; but, on a personal note, I'm glad you clarified that. :)

Jenson71
08-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Heh - then come. You're going to be seriously disappointed, though. No matter what the ladies may have led you to believe, I don't resemble Brad Pitt at all.

I know. I've said it before - you look like Hootie. Just a different skin color.

No - it's true I can choose one game though. I also get to bring a friend. I have a bronco friend though. He might like to come to the Bronco game (obviously)

Although meeting everyone would definitely be cool. Still, there's always a large crowd at B5 at every home game, isn't there?

Jenson71
08-07-2004, 10:08 PM
I'll relay your rejection to Anton; but, on a personal note, I'm glad you clarified that. :)

:D

Raiderhater
08-07-2004, 10:09 PM
I know. I've said it before - you look like Hootie. Just a different skin color.

No - it's true I can choose one game though. I also get to bring a friend. I have a bronco friend though. He might like to come to the Bronco game (obviously)

Although meeting everyone would definitely be cool. Still, there's always a large crowd at B5 at every home game, isn't there?

That depends on wether or not you are showing up....

Mr. Kotter
08-07-2004, 10:12 PM

The Bronco game is your next best bet... :hmmm:

Raiderhater
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Rules:
Due to the liability of this event, there will be absolutely nobody consuming alcoholic beverages without picture identification proving 21 years of age.

So if I forget my ID I am f#cked, aren't I?

go bo
08-09-2004, 12:00 PM
So if I forget my ID I am f#cked, aren't I?nah, you can use my id...

we look a lot alike... :rolleyes:

Raiderhater
08-09-2004, 12:04 PM
nah, you can use my id...

Yeah, there's an idea.

LVNHACK
08-09-2004, 12:39 PM
So if I forget my ID I am f#cked, aren't I?

I'm betting Anton will hook ya up.............

Anton
08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
I'm betting Anton will hook ya up.............

Not a chance, sweetheart. I'm holding you to our "agreement" and savin' myself for you, big boy.

Just be sure to bring your guard uniform, billy club, and "stun" gun (if you know what I mean....) :thailor:

TinkyWinky

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
08-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Plane, car and hotel reservations are completed.

Just need the Game tickets and Banquet tickets. Will be spending Saturday night visiting relatives in the area, so the best chance I have to catch you guys is the tailgate before the game.

Where are we meeting on Sunday morning?

JazzzLovr
08-09-2004, 07:05 PM
nah, you can use my id...

Better yet, you could just walk in hiding behind go bo, and no one would even notice. ;)

Raiderhater
08-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Better yet, you could just walk in hiding behind go bo, and no one would even notice. ;)

Are you trying to say that go_bo is fat?

Mr. Kotter
08-09-2004, 10:21 PM

She better not; he'd kick her azz.... :p

JazzzLovr
08-09-2004, 10:26 PM

Not at all. I just mentioned go bo, since he had posted a possible solution for ya.

In fact, I imagine that as long as you find someone other than Mark M to hide behind, you will do just fine. ;)

Raiderhater
08-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Not at all. I just mentioned go bo, since he had posted a possible solution for ya.

In fact, I imagine that as long as you find someone other than Mark M to hide behind, you will do just fine. ;)

Oh, ok.

:)

go bo
08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Are you trying to say that go_bo is fat?hey!

i resemble that remark!! :p

2bikemike
08-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Alright this officially sucks. Everytime I think I have it worked out where I can attend I get chopped off at the knees.

Our company is being sold. I will be offered employment with the new owner on the 15 of Aug. If we accept we will be officially employed with the new company on Sept 1st. They will give us one week of vacation for the rest of the year. I am committed to using a weeks worth of vacation in Dec. for a wedding I need to attend.

So bottom line I miss another Chiefsplanet weekend and 37 forever banquet. I hope next year we get a little more heads up so I can fight for the time off with my 4 co-workers. I think this year was a little different because of the induction and the plans were kind of held hostage by the Chiefs.

Phobia
08-10-2004, 11:23 PM
So bottom line I miss another Chiefsplanet weekend and 37 forever banquet. I hope next year we get a little more heads up so I can fight for the time off with my 4 co-workers. I think this year was a little different because of the induction and the plans were kind of held hostage by the Chiefs.

That's exactly right. Next year, ChiefsPlanet picks the game in April. Seriously. We'll have a poll.

Mr. Kotter
08-10-2004, 11:26 PM
That's exactly right. Next year, ChiefsPlanet picks the game in April. Seriously. We'll have a poll.

I think most of us understand. It's cool.

Slayer Diablo
08-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Any updates on banquet/tix package prices and deadlines?

2bikemike
08-10-2004, 11:36 PM

That would be cool. I really want to come back and be a part of all the festivities. Are you guys golfing this year? I hope to attend next year and I will bring my sticks. I can't play for shit but it would be fun.

Nzoner
09-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Got a smoke from someone looking for this thread and it's an opportunity to remind everyone of all the silly stuff Mrs Nzoner told me to tell Phil to put in the thread.

Looking forward to next weekend.