PDA

View Full Version : Why KC can't beat Denver in Week 4:

Ugly Duck
09-19-2000, 09:09 PM
I saw a bunch of BS like this on the KC Star, so I thought I would give it a spin...

Here are some interesting stats:

TOTAL OFFENSE per game:
Denver 166.3 rushing / 244.7 passing
Chiefs 84.3 rushing / 188.3 passing

Denver 406 total yards and 37 points avg
Chiefs 272.7 total yards and 23.3 points avg

TOTAL DEFENSE per game:
Denver 83.3 rushing / 237.3 passing
Chiefs 96.3 rushing / 212.3 passing

Denver 320.7 total yards allowed
Chiefs 308.7 total yards allowed
**CNNSI screwed up the avg points allowed and I'm too lazy to get my calculator

KC is averaging a staggering 2.8 yds per rush, while Denver is averaging 4.6 yds per rush.

Denver has more yardage, more overall points, more wins and they're at home. Life is good.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Consider all of this, along with the fact that the game is AT Mile High, the series is typically split b/t the teams and you have yourselves a Denver win, gentlemen.

***yes, stats mean **** - this is just mindless brain fodder ... I can't wait for the game***

Ugly Duck
09-19-2000, 09:14 PM
stats mean sh*t ... that didn't show up right

Buzzbait
09-19-2000, 09:17 PM
ST. Louis doesn't help your pass "D"
stats..Thats for sure! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
"life is good"

Gaz
09-19-2000, 09:17 PM
3 words.......bring on Frerotte!!!

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Luzap
09-19-2000, 09:21 PM
MHM:

I don't care if the Bronc's or Chiefs were 1-10 or the worst offenses and defenses in the NFL, I can guarantee you the game would be stud. I can remember way too many times when we came charging into Mile High strutting proudly, only to get our head handed to us by a weaker team led by 'Ol Horsey face himself.

And I can also remember watching the Bronc's strutting into KC (and occasionally Mile High)thinking they had a walk-over, only to go back to the locker room scratching their a***s and wondering what just hit them.

I am looking forward to this weeks games stats or no stats!!

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

Stuckinbama
09-19-2000, 09:39 PM
I'm squite SURE that Vance will straighten out the stats for ya! *grin*

egonzo
09-19-2000, 09:41 PM
These games are ALWAYS great. More fodder, the Chiefs are the only team in the AFC West that the Donx don't own at soon to be Demolition High...4-6.

Buzzbait
09-19-2000, 09:46 PM
Mile high will be a tough place to play, I really wish I had sunday ticket , so I could flip back and forth from the Denver-Chiefs, and The Seahawks...Oh, well..

My prediction

Broncos 31

Chiefs 28

I'm pulling for K.C to win though...
I'm Also pulling for the *gasp* 2-1 Browns to beat the Raiders.
Joe

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2000, 09:54 PM
The Chiefs will win this one to show that they had a BAD season start. When all the crying is over Sunday night, the rematch at Arrowhead will prove who will wear the AFC WEST Crown in 2000!

Never underestimate the CHIEFS!

BigMeatballDave
09-19-2000, 10:06 PM
I know that my last post is BOLD but I truly believe that the Chiefs can pull this off. The loss to Tenn and Indy was TOO close for comfort and I believe the rookies are starting to gel. It can only get better for Chiefs fans. See ya in December!!

Stryker
The Optimist!

Stuckinbama
09-19-2000, 10:14 PM
Stryker,
Don't forget about the coaching. They must get better also in order for the Chiefs to have a shot. Even thought the game is on the road, the Chiefs must NOT be afraid to THROW the ball. Also, IF we're fortunate enough to have the lead late in the game, the Chiefs must NOT be afraid to RUSH the QB. In other words the coaching staff needs to be AGGRESIVE!

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2000, 12:00 AM
Let's see...
cocky bumco coach, check
cocky bumco fans, check
QB hurt, check
Kicker hurt, check
DL hurt, check
3rd string RB, check
Romo's in court & out of speed, check
Rod's abeatin' his wife, check
Chiefs Run Defense, check
Bumcos 8 point favorites, check

Looks like a recipe for an upset to me<BR>

Ugly Duck
09-20-2000, 06:09 AM
Stevieray... what is that 4-6 stat that you posted? Surely, you're not trying to tell me that KC owns Denver at Mile High?

What were showing me with that stat?

Kilgore - I agree totally with your post.
This post was more for guys like Proctor, or some of the others from the starBB that listed reasons why KC 'would' win this weekend.

It's all BS, but it's fun.

I think/hope that it will be a great game. Sounds like Gus will start - really pisses me off b/c Griese has been my stud fantasy QB.

How's this for irony... I'm 2-1 in one of my leagues and I play my arch rival who is 3-0. My QBs are Griese, Grbac and Collins. I also have Ed and Slymo. (I actually started Slymo last week - talk about dumb luck)

Anywho - looks like I'll have to start Grbac at QB, b/c Collins plays against the Skins and I just don't totally trust him yet.

So, I'll have this as my lineup:
QB Grbac (unless Griese is ready to go)
RB Emmitt Smith
RB either S Davis or Tiki Barber
WR Ed McCaffery
WR Joe Horn
WR Morris
K Nedney (Elam is hurt)
Def Seahawks

Yeah, there's a heavy KC influence this week.. irony is a funny thing, eh?

bishop_74
09-20-2000, 06:56 AM
Brad, yea you guys have looked pretty good so far this year. I would have to admit the possibility of you in the AFC title game.

You're so good you are looking like the Raiders did about a week ago. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by mlyonsd (edited 09-20-2000).]

Shootr
09-20-2000, 07:00 AM
MHM:

I guess the Cowboys shouldn't have played against the Skins on Monday night either. They were so outclassed it was rediculous. They shouldn't have been on the same field, they should have mailed in the game.

But guess what, the Skin's got skinned. I guess that is why they play the game. In the paper here the point spread showed Denver and 8 yesterday, but today it was Denver and 7. A big drop for a day. Must be a lot of money coming in on KC.

We will see after the game sho should have been flappin' their lips.. :P

------------------
bk

Ugly Duck
09-20-2000, 07:04 AM
BK...
Settle down. Did you not read my posts entirely. I said that stats were BS and this was just for fun, dude.

It's called... 'throwing smack' (said in my best Hank Hill voice).<P>

Stuckinbama
09-20-2000, 09:18 AM
Brad,
I believe Stevieray meant that the Donx don't "own" the Chiefs at Mile High like they do the rest of the West. We have won 4 out of the last 10 there. The Donx DO have a winning record against the Chiefs there, but it's not heavily skewed to their side as it is with all the other teams in the West. So, there is a realistic chance for an upset.

Desert Chief
09-20-2000, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure Mile High Mania just hexed the living hell out of the Broncos. They'll most likely lose by, like, 5 touchdowns now.

The fact is, its a rare occurance when this game isn't a nail biter, no matter what the difference between the two teams is. This Chief team isn't much different than the one last year that kicked Denver's *** in K.C. and then beat them at home. Denver rarely gets the running game totally clicking against K.C. and often has difficulty stopping K.C.s power running attack. They'll have to manage at least one of those tasks to win on Sunday.

I expect the Broncos to win, but it certainly wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them to lose this one.

DoktorSmith
09-20-2000, 10:15 AM
Okay, which one of you wiseguys got ahold of Donkey Drew's password?

xoxo~
gaz
thinks it was not even a very good imitation.

Ugly Duck
09-20-2000, 10:50 AM
I like the fact that Vance, Drew, BroncoFan... loves to jump all over my rants. Take it for what it is ... just a bunch of BS.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Desert Chief
09-20-2000, 11:25 AM
A little testy today, eh?

Mile High Mania
09-24-2000, 06:26 PM
to the top http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

scott in spfd
09-24-2000, 07:10 PM
This post was meant for guys like Proctor, eh? (post #12)
Those dunderheads like me who sling stats around.
KC 23, Denver 22.
My prediction was KC 27, Den 23.
Not too far off.
Go Chiefs!

aaaaa
09-24-2000, 08:19 PM
As a statistician, I feel compelled to offer a meaningful statistic that sheds insight into what happened today.

Total
Points Team
23 Kansas City
22 Denver

aaaaa
09-24-2000, 08:24 PM
Here's an equivalent statistic:

22 KC
23 Denver

Here's a coarser statistic
#wins
today team
0 Denver
1 KC

Here's a statistic that equivalent to the coarser statistic:
#losses
today team
1 Denver
0 KC

Here's where to find other statistics:
ON THE SCOREBOARD, BABY!

[This message has been edited by DanT (edited 09-24-2000).]

Chiefaholic
09-24-2000, 10:38 PM
Here's some updated stats after today's game:

Kansas City has won three in a row over the Broncos, the second time the Chiefs have done it in the Shanahan era. No other team in the league has done it even once.

Kansas City stopped Denver on all seven of its goal-to-go plays today.

chiefsfan58
09-24-2000, 10:48 PM
This thread was a joke. Just think we beat the broncos in mile high with 3 rookie starters....to cool.

htismaqe
09-25-2000, 07:48 AM
Back back back back to the top.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

Ugly Duck
09-25-2000, 07:59 AM
I'm really hoping that you guys realize this post was 50% truth and 50% smack... I was trying to be as Proctor like as possible.

Anywho - KC does have Shanny's number. Sh!t happens. So, we'll see how it all turns out.

htismaqe
09-25-2000, 08:02 AM
Speaking of Proctor...I've been looking for him too. I wonder if he's greiving the end of RBbSitCom?

Back back back wayyy back to the top.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>