PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs bars in Dallas

Dartgod
09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
So as I told you before, I got a new job at the same company I've worked for the last 4+ years, but they decided to send me to Dallas the weekend of the home opener. I will probably be able to watch the game down there though. I'm staying in the Dallas Market Area, I am told. Are there any huge sports bars or bars that Chiefs fans congregate at in the area?

jspchief
09-02-2004, 09:30 AM
Are you in the Dallas Market area, or the Old Market/West End? If you're at the West End, there's not much. A Hooters is close, but I don't know how many games they'll carry...plus the food and drink is so ridiculously overpriced.

I'll check with my dad, who lives down there. He should be able to point you in the right direction.

Dartgod
09-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Are you in the Dallas Market area, or the Old Market/West End? If you're at the West End, there's not much. A Hooters is close, but I don't know how many games they'll carry...plus the food and drink is so ridiculously overpriced.

I'll check with my dad, who lives down there. He should be able to point you in the right direction.
Hellifiknow...

I'm staying here:

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=IN0SECYLPPAMCCSGBIXMVCQKIYFCVUUC?ctyhocn=DALMCHW

AustinChief
09-02-2004, 09:47 AM
The closest one is probably Christies Sports Bar 214-954-1561
2811 Mckinney Ave, Dallas, TX 75204 I have watched a few games there... usually a Chiefs fan or two around.

It is a pretty nice place.

--Kyle

AustinChief
09-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Christies? I'd be really disappointed when I walked into an establishment called Christies and didn't see topless women.
Trust me... I was disappointed!

although... the bar itself isn't too bad (for a bar WITHOUT topless-ness)

http://www.guidelive.com/portal/page?_pageid=33,97320&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&item_id=20461

Mile High Mania
09-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Down in that area ... there's not a whole lot of options. If you were to go north, towards Beltline and the Tollway in Addison, there are more options.

I want to say that Longshots usually has a number of KC fans ... last year, I think GoChiefs mentioned that he frequents Outer Marker, so take that under advisement.

You're staying in downtown Dallas, more tourist type crap than anything else. You'll need to head towards Addison area or over to the Greenville Avenue/Southwestern Blvd area for some good sports bars.

PunkinDrublic lives in north Dallas I think and I can't recall where he said he goes.

Monty
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Down in that area ... there's not a whole lot of options. If you were to go north, towards Beltline and the Tollway in Addison, there are more options.

I want to say that Longshots usually has a number of KC fans ... last year, I think GoChiefs mentioned that he frequents Outer Marker, so take that under advisement.

You're staying in downtown Dallas, more tourist type crap than anything else. You'll need to head towards Addison area or over to the Greenville Avenue/Southwestern Blvd area for some good sports bars.

PunkinDrublic lives in north Dallas I think and I can't recall where he said he goes.

Last year, Fox and the Hound in Addison had quite a few Chiefs fans going to the games. The Outer Marker is a backup plan, but not my first choice of places to go. I'll do some checking around. I won't have access to my NFL Ticket and Big Screen due to the pending divorce, so I am motivated to find a good spot to watch the game as well. :)

Oh, Humperdink's in Los Colinas was a spot I was told about as well. The Manager is a Chiefs fan and she(hottie quotient unknown) shows only the Chiefs game on the big screen when they're on.

Once I get some solid info, I'll bump this thread and let you know where to go. :toast:

Dartgod
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
Last year, Fox and the Hound in Addison had quite a few Chiefs fans going to the games. The Outer Marker is a backup plan, but not my first choice of places to go. I'll do some checking around. I won't have access to my NFL Ticket and Big Screen due to the pending divorce, so I am motivated to find a good spot to watch the game as well. :)

Oh, Humperdink's in Los Colinas was a spot I was told about as well. The Manager is a Chiefs fan and she(hottie quotient unknown) shows only the Chiefs game on the big screen when they're on.

Once I get some solid info, I'll bump this thread and let you know where to go. :toast:
Excellent. I won't be in charge of transportation (there's three of us going down there) so I'm sure it will have to be close by our hotel.

Monty
09-02-2004, 01:25 PM
The Fox and the Hound is a straight shot up the Tollway, about 5 miles. It's not REAL close, but very easy to get to from where you are staying. Are those guys Chiefs fans as well? If you need a ride, that's not an issue either. :)

Cardinal Ry
09-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Our sales meeting was in Dallas in January(Playoff weekend!-I hate my job and the company that I work for). We went to the Outer Marker for to watch the game. There were about 20-30 Chief's fans decked in red and gold. At halftime they had a drawing and gave away Chiefs gear. We had a good time, even though the outcome of the game was not to my liking.

Monty
09-18-2004, 04:58 PM
I'm bumping this is to see if Dartgod's still going to a bar to watch the game. It'll be televised locally, so you can watch it in your room if you so choose. I'm heading over to the Outer Marker as I'm sure there will be enough Chiefs fans there. If there's somewhere better, please speak up now. :)

Hammock Parties
09-18-2004, 05:34 PM
Ah Outer Marker. How I miss it.

I'll probably only make it out to SRO to join my rowdy Chiefs fans a few times this year. It's just not worth it. Too long a drive and I don't know anyone.

Raiderhater
09-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Ah Outer Marker. How I miss it.

I'll probably only make it out to SRO to join my rowdy Chiefs fans a few times this year. It's just not worth it. Too long a drive and I don't know anyone.

And you aren't going to know us er, them (since I'm not going anymore), if you don't show up.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2004, 06:19 PM
And you aren't going to know us er, them (since I'm not going anymore), if you don't show up.

I'll be there a few times this year, don't worry. It's just not as easy as my old place was. It was right around the bend. :deevee:

Dartgod
09-18-2004, 09:58 PM
If anyone cares, we are going to Champs Sports Bar, wherever that is. Supposedly they have every game on.

Hammock Parties
09-18-2004, 10:01 PM
So does Outer Marker. And they cater to Chiefs fans. I highly reccomend it.

Maybe I can move back to Carrollton.

Dartgod
09-19-2004, 05:42 AM
I'm bumping this is to see if Dartgod's still going to a bar to watch the game. It'll be televised locally, so you can watch it in your room if you so choose. I'm heading over to the Outer Marker as I'm sure there will be enough Chiefs fans there. If there's somewhere better, please speak up now. :)
How about some directions to this place. I haven't been able to find anything about Champs. Not sure it even exists. We will be leaving from Irving Blvd., right around Mockingbird Lane (the Yellow Freight terminal, if you know where that is).

stevieray
09-19-2004, 05:50 AM
How about some directions to this place. I haven't been able to find anything about Champs. Not sure it even exists. We will be leaving from Irving Blvd., right around Mockingbird Lane (the Yellow Freight terminal, if you know where that is).

good morning.

Mile High Mania
09-19-2004, 06:25 AM
You're in Irving ... so you are about 30 minutes away from the Champs in Addison and/or Outer Marker. There will be traffic in Irving for the Cowboys game so, plan accordingly.

If you are talking about Champs in Addison, take 635E to the North Dallas Tollway, go North - have $3 in change for the round trip, go to Beltline Exit and go West.

Not sure about Outer Marker... I think there is also a Champs in Irving/Las Colinas.

Mile High Mania
09-19-2004, 06:30 AM
If you have to stay close to the hotel, then shoot for Humperdkinks or Champs, something near the hotel.

Cowboys are on at 3, but they are playing Texans and Giants' games at noon on local tv.

Monty
09-19-2004, 06:48 AM
You're in Irving ... so you are about 30 minutes away from the Champs in Addison and/or Outer Marker. There will be traffic in Irving for the Cowboys game so, plan accordingly.

If you are talking about Champs in Addison, take 635E to the North Dallas Tollway, go North - have $3 in change for the round trip, go to Beltline Exit and go West.

Not sure about Outer Marker... I think there is also a Champs in Irving/Las Colinas.

No, he is not in Irving, he is in Dallas. Ok, Dartgod may physically in Irving, but his room is in Dallas. ;)

For the Outer Marker, just get on the Dallas Tollway North, go about 6-7 miles, and take the Keller Springs exit and go west. It's the same exit as you'd take for the Addison Airport, so that makes it easy. It's about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile west and will be on your right at the Intersection of Addison Rd and Keller Springs. It's before you go into the tunnel to the airport, so if you go into the tunnel, you've went too far. $3 in change should be sufficient.

Directions to Outer Marker (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=16101+Addison+Road&city=Addison&state=TX&zipcode=&search=++Search++)

I haven't been to either recently, but I do know that Outer Marker was a blast if enough Chiefs fans were there as it got loud as hell. :thumb:

Mile High Mania
09-19-2004, 06:54 AM
No, he is not in Irving, he is in Dallas. Ok, Dartgod may physically in Irving, but his room is in Dallas. ;)

For the Outer Marker, just get on the Dallas Tollway North, go about 6-7 miles, and take the Keller Springs exit and go west. It's the same exit as you'd take for the Addison Airport, so that makes it easy. It's about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile west and will be on your right at the Intersection of Addison Rd and Keller Springs. It's before you go into the tunnel to the airport, so if you go into the tunnel, you've went too far. $3 in change should be sufficient.

Directions to Outer Marker (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&countryid=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=address&searchtype=address&address=16101+Addison+Road&city=Addison&state=TX&zipcode=&search=++Search++)

I haven't been to either recently, but I do know that Outer Marker was a blast if enough Chiefs fans were there as it got loud as hell. :thumb:

Outer Marker get's the GoChiefs Seal of Approval ... how can you go wrong with that?

Monty
09-19-2004, 07:03 AM
Outer Marker get's the GoChiefs Seal of Approval ... how can you go wrong with that?

ROFL

Monty
09-19-2004, 07:14 AM
Here's the link for Champps (http://www.champps.com)

I think that I'm going to look at both before I decide for sure, but if the numbers are better at Outer Marker, I'm going to watch it from there.

Dartgod
09-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Here's the link for Champps (http://www.champps.com)

I think that I'm going to look at both before I decide for sure, but if the numbers are better at Outer Marker, I'm going to watch it from there.
Let me know where you are going. We will most likely go to Champps in Los Colinas/Irving, but if I know you are going to be somewhere else maybe we can head there.

PunkinDrublic
09-19-2004, 07:49 AM
I'm usually hung over Sunday morning so usually I don't wake up until an hour before kickoff and then I usuallly walk in right at kickoff. I usually go to Austin avenue in Plano. If worse comes to worse and you can't find champs there's always a humperdinks or something like that nearby. If a place is too expensive you can do what I do sometimes which is buy a coke and nurse it for the whole game.

Dartgod
09-19-2004, 08:22 AM
We decided to go to Champps in Irving off 114 if any Dallas Planeteers want to meet.