PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV can suck my balls!

HC_Chief
09-07-2004, 09:02 PM
I've had NFL Sunday Ticket for years. I called DTV earlier this year & asked to cancel all service except for NFLST. "No problem!" was their response (I had heard you could carry only NFLST; very cool!!). So I contact DTV tonight to ensure I've been reactivated correctly... customer support tells me they no longer sell NFLST as a stand-alone; I'll have to add their 'basic' service as well ($32/month). This REALLY pisses me off to no end, because only a few months earlier they told me I <i>could</i> have just NFLST. When I brought that up, the little fag in customer service got 'snippy' with me... if one could reach through a phone line and bitch-slap the person on the oher end, that lisping jaggoff would be bleeding and sobbing like a little girl right now. :grr:

They used to be flexible and helpful... they used to have outstanding customer service. Man, f*ck DirecTV.
They've lost a customer for life.

unlurking
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
I gotta agree, their customer service had gone WAY down hill in the last year (I've had service for about 4 years now).

Unfortunately, I still don't think they've fallen to the pathetic levels I've dealt with through AT&T, TCI, and Adelphia.

But I have to agree, my satisfaction level has dropped a lot with them as well.

ROYC75
09-07-2004, 09:05 PM
I wish I could get the local KC channels here in KY, I would have my Direct TV either.

Damn Basturds..... the FCC, they took away my local KC channels on Dish Network 2 years ago.

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 09:07 PM
I might just have to whip your azz...uh, how big a ole boy are you?

Frazod
09-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Well, they've got me by the balls - no way in hell will I ever part with Sunday Ticket.

HC_Chief
09-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Skip, you've got to tell someone there that they're REALLY starting to slip when it comes to CS. Attitude is not something customers typically enjoy from a CSR. Hell, I'll take some script-reading Indian with a heavy accent over some snotty punk with a 'tude.

Wtf happened to DTV? Their service used to be excellent. They used to have flexible scheduling packages. Not anymore.

New CEO? Is he from Sprint? :p

Mosbonian
09-07-2004, 09:15 PM
I gotta agree, their customer service had gone WAY down hill in the last year (I've had service for about 4 years now).

Unfortunately, I still don't think they've fallen to the pathetic levels I've dealt with through AT&T, TCI, and Adelphia.

But I have to agree, my satisfaction level has dropped a lot with them as well.

In the legal arena, there is a saying.."it's not an agreement unless it is in writing, signed by both parties, and witnessed by 2 more...."

Six years here and I'm very happy with them.....do I think that thier Customer Service has dropped....yes a little, but I challenge you to show me someone who has kept their CS levels at peak for a # of years.

I am sure there are probably some, but not many....

mmaddog

philfree
09-07-2004, 09:15 PM
When I got my DTV I was told I had to carry a basic package to get Sunday Ticket. I talked with a buddy i ain't ween in a while he said he always shuts his down till the season starts and he didn't have to buy the basic package either. I was figuring that's what I would do next year to save the money cause I have cable to so I can get the locals. After reading this I hope I can still do that here in Springfield.

PhilFree :arrow:

RINGLEADER
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm waiting for the day that digital cable carries NFL Sunday Ticket. I get the feeling that if it weren't for the NFL (and, to a lesser extent, the other sports packages just on DTV) Direct TV would be out of business in a year.

KcMizzou
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Skip, you've got to tell someone there that they're REALLY starting to slip when it comes to CS. That blows me away. You'd think with employees as charming and personable as Skip, their customer service would be first rate.

Mosbonian
09-07-2004, 09:18 PM
They used to have flexible scheduling packages. Not anymore.

When wanting flexible scheduling packages from cable or satellite, think of the David Spade commercial......"company policy....NO...get used to it."

mmaddog

elvomito
09-07-2004, 09:21 PM
not only is there no sunday ticket on timewarner but no nfl network either.
i think i need to switch to directv for that and the fact they give it to ya in high def

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
That blows me away. You'd think with employees as charming and personable as Skip, their customer service would be first rate.ROFL

Earthling
09-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, they've got me by the balls - no way in hell will I ever part with Sunday Ticket.

Ditto here as well...

Wile_E_Coyote
09-07-2004, 09:28 PM
& to think I have settled for just the static tingle

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 09:31 PM
I'd like to deal with each and every one of you individually and I will if you will PM me. But it seems to me that some of you are upset that Directv won't do what you want them to do. They have changed the rules on standalone Sunday Ticket but you must understand they just paid a shitload of money to the NFL to renew the contract. When their deal changes, so will yours. I deal with the Directv's CSR's daily and I have for 8 years. I have noticed no change in their demeanor. Of course, I always treat them with respect and they react likewise. If you are shitty to them then, of course, they might return the favor. But I don't know 'cause I don't ever do that. If you have a legitimate complaint please PM me and I will do my best to resolve it. Thanks, Skip

Logical
09-07-2004, 09:34 PM
While I understand your anger and to an extent agree with you. I learned a long time ago when dealing with Cable, DTV, and Cellular that their agreements last for very limited times. Most likely when you originally talked with them had you made the arrangements on NFLST you would have only it now and they would not have backed out on the arrangement. In choosing to wait their offer changed. Not exactly bait and switch.

go bo
09-07-2004, 09:37 PM
That blows me away. You'd think with employees as charming and personable as Skip, their customer service would be first rate.ROFL ROFL ROFL

stop that!

you made me hurt myself laughing... ROFL ROFL ROFL :p :p :D

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I love DirecTV.... I have had Dish network and local cable and will never change. I was so worried when that jackass Rupurt Mur"dick" with fox and dish network was trying to buy directv. Dish's equipment sucked, had 3 receivers go bad on me in a 6 month period and getting them replaced was a friggin nightmare. Local cable company (Cox) well nothing needs said about them.

Bottom line, DirecTV kicks ass and Sunday Ticket is the greatest thing since women started wearing thongs!

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
You're damn right I'm personable and charming and if you think otherwise I'll kick your azz. But seriously, the Directv CSR's are generally young, single mothers who are working to support their family with no husband present. They make about $10 per hour and work godawful hours. Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays and often 2nd and 3rd shifts. I treat them with utmost respect. Once in a while they give me incorrect information and I'm very gentle with them while correcting them. When you are dissatisfied with them just politely say "may I speak with your supervisor please". Screaming at them does no good as they are just following a very rigid script. They are just people like the rest of us and I, for one, feel very sorry for them. I'd rob banks before I'd be a CSR the way people treat them.

Frazod
09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
You're damn right I'm personable and charming and if you think otherwise I'll kick your azz.

ROFL

Skip, my role model.

KcMizzou
09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
You're damn right I'm personable and charming and if you think otherwise I'll kick your azz. ROFL I was hopin' you wouldn't miss that...

:D

Bowser
09-07-2004, 10:03 PM
Cox may suck in Topeka, but they rival DTV in Phoenix.

Pays to live in a major city.

It just don't get much more majorer than Topeka in Kansas. Maybe Witchita, but not by much.

:D

KcMizzou
09-07-2004, 10:04 PM
When you are dissatisfied with them just politely say "may I speak with your supervisor please". Screaming at them does no good as they are just following a very rigid script. They are just people like the rest of us and I, for one, feel very sorry for them. I'd rob banks before I'd be a CSR the way people treat them. My buddy does the same job for Time Warner. They couldn't pay me enough...

Taco John
09-07-2004, 10:05 PM

Yep. My nuts are firmly in the sling.

HC_Chief
09-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Ha ha, you are all DTV's bitches!! :D

Man it's gonna suck not having NFLST...

SnapDogg
09-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Just got my DTV & Ticket hooked up today!
I'm sittin here right now with w__d watching NFL network!
Why in the hell did I wait so long!
Hell talk about lack of flexibility, how bout local cable, those basturds! I was paying $75/mo for 50 some channels, HBO & Showtime, we've had a couple of town meetings with them trying to get certain programming and they basically tell us to F'k off!
No NFL network, Ticket or KU basketball-F'k them!
I'll be paying about the same for DTV w/TiVo. Got free installation, 4 free months premium package for buying the Ticket, HELL YES!
The first channel I looked at this afternoon was Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain, they had the Bill Snyder show on, next was the Missery coaches show (yuck!), I assume KU coaches show is on too(?).
I would buy GameDay (college FB) but it doesn't look like they are carrying any KU or KSU games.
Thanks Skip for your help/info!
I had excellent installers (man & wife combo from Joplin), they did a great job & explained everything thoroughly.

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
I can't believe people are pissed about this. DirecTV is not running a charity, they're running a business. They are paying the NFL a f*ckload of money for exclusive rights to Sunday Ticket. Why are they doing this? Because it gives them an edge over cable with football fans. They don't want you to be a Sunday Ticket subscriber... they want you to be a DirecTV subscriber. It would be completely ridiculous to give an obscene amount of cash to the NFL for exclusive rights, and then just sell only that product to you and allow you to give the rest of your money to your local cable company. That completely defeats the entire purpose of paying for exclusive rights.
What you said is just exactly right. But what pisses me off is that I'm supposed to be the only one that knows that since I'm old and wise. You young punks aren't supposed to know that.

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I love DirecTV.... I have had Dish network and local cable and will never change. I was so worried when that jackass Rupurt Mur"dick" with fox and dish network was trying to buy directv. Dish's equipment sucked, had 3 receivers go bad on me in a 6 month period and getting them replaced was a friggin nightmare. Local cable company (Cox) well nothing needs said about them.

Bottom line, DirecTV kicks ass and Sunday Ticket is the greatest thing since women started wearing thongs!
You are a very wise man. Even if you are a nOOb. Welcome, brother!!

SnapDogg
09-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Skip, one thing my installer wasn't too clear on was whether or not I have to keep my TiVo hooked up to a phone line 24/7? They said it was only the 3rd TiVo they had hooked up.

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:22 PM
Sorry, Skip. I'll try to keep my understanding of rudimentary business strategy on the downlow in the future.
I appreciate that. But most of these kids (under 25 years) are just as stupid as we expect them to be. So please don't enlighten them so I can continue to pick on them. OK?

cdcox
09-07-2004, 10:23 PM
We should be very thankful for DirecTV. They invented NFL Sunday Ticket. And to prove that act of genious was not a fluke, they achieved an even greater feat by inventing Skip.

Valiant
09-07-2004, 10:24 PM
I'd like to deal with each and every one of you individually and I will if you will PM me. But it seems to me that some of you are upset that Directv won't do what you want them to do. They have changed the rules on standalone Sunday Ticket but you must understand they just paid a shitload of money to the NFL to renew the contract. When their deal changes, so will yours. I deal with the Directv's CSR's daily and I have for 8 years. I have noticed no change in their demeanor. Of course, I always treat them with respect and they react likewise. If you are shitty to them then, of course, they might return the favor. But I don't know 'cause I don't ever do that. If you have a legitimate complaint please PM me and I will do my best to resolve it. Thanks, Skip

what?? direct tv bought the last contract in 2002? and comcast just bought it off of direct tv..so they should be making more money..why would they switch their tactics after buying the rights from the nfl a couple of years ago...i believe it expires in 2006...so why would they change tactics now... maybe because they got their customer service base high enough they dont care if they piss off people by raising prices because they charge more so it equals out...

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:31 PM
Skip, one thing my installer wasn't too clear on was whether or not I have to keep my TiVo hooked up to a phone line 24/7? They said it was only the 3rd TiVo they had hooked up.
I don't do many of them either. But what I have gathered from the satellite boards I go to, the phone lines are only for Directv's benefit. They say that all the upgrades will be accomplished through the dish and the phone line is not necessary. But I'm not sure of this.

Valiant
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Excuse me?

nevermind went back and read the thread...comcast got the nfl network channel.. not sunday ticket..

Skip Towne
09-07-2004, 10:50 PM
what?? direct tv bought the last contract in 2002? and comcast just bought it off of direct tv..so they should be making more money..why would they switch their tactics after buying the rights from the nfl a couple of years ago...i believe it expires in 2006...so why would they change tactics now... maybe because they got their customer service base high enough they dont care if they piss off people by raising prices because they charge more so it equals out...
Jesus, and I thought I was drunk. How did Comcast get involved in the Sunday Ticket? Uh, Valium, Directv owns the rights to the Sunday Ticket through the 2008 season. No cable system has offered a serious bid against Directv yet. They simply can't compete. When you wake up in the morning re-read what you wrote and see if it makes any sense then. It certainly doesn't now. PS Your shift key doesn't work.

Valiant
09-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Jesus, and I thought I was drunk. How did Comcast get involved in the Sunday Ticket? Uh, Valium, Directv owns the rights to the Sunday Ticket through the 2008 season. No cable system has offered a serious bid against Directv yet. They simply can't compete. When you wake up in the morning re-read what you wrote and see if it makes any sense then. It certainly doesn't now. PS Your shift key doesn't work.

if i wanted to write a paragraph in perfect grammer i would be in class right now and not on a internet Chiefs forum... i love how you always fail to answer or totally read a entire thread before open that ass of a mouth of yours... 'hi i am skip, and whatever i say/write is correct because i am skiptown a ole ****er who comes on here to flex my internet ego.....'

i am glad your attention span is always able to get past one sentence let alone a damn post.... skip how much stock you own in Dtv, because you sure come in hero mode any time that damsel is in distress....

Valiant
09-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Anytime I see this I'm always reminded of a CS prof I had in college. Whenever someone's grammar was horrible, in writing or speaking, and he corrected them, and the fool said, "I'm not an English major." his response was, "Well, what language do you plan on speaking upon graduation?"

I understand that an Internet BB is conversational... and no one is going to have pristine grammar... but, the fact remains if one expects others to take their arguments seriously, and to be viewed as intelligent, it would pay to present oneself as an educated person.

see, that is apples to oranges.. if you are not capable enough to understand someone's words/sentences because they do not capitalise then you are just being an ass...

What is the difference between sentence structures where the only difference's are comma's, capital letters and extra periods in forum etiquette(?).

none...it is just a way to stroke ego's... if someone has the balls to call somebody out on a BB then they are under the same scrutiny 100% of the time...This is not work related, this is not a college paper, this is not a job resume....

but elite talk or however people make that shit up is another story...

philfree
09-07-2004, 11:37 PM
DirecTV can suck my balls!

I think they have at least five networks that will show stuff like that :) I think........

PhilFree :arrow:

Valiant
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
I am curious about how this works... but, not curious enough to do the investigation.

As near as I can tell, for all the other sports packages dish Network and cable companies get them from a company called in Demand (www.indemand.com). I would assume the other leagues are receiving money from not only DirecTV, but also in Demand, as well as possibly other companies if there are cable companies not dealing with in Demand (I don't know how realistic that is).

I have to wonder if the NFL is making the smart decision here... obviously DirecTV has offered a boatload of cash to make them not even consider granting rights to both them and in Demand, but you'd think in the long run they could generate greater revenues by making their product available to more viewers.

i have asked this question before and have never been given a definitve answer that was worth anything...

the NFL would make five times the amount of money by offering the service to all clients depending on customer numbers...

dtv pays 300million...
twc pays 300million...
comcast pays 250million...

instead of having a bidding war just for one company there would be more people paying for the service country-wide... but then agian this would kill dtv...

Rausch
09-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Yep. My nuts are firmly in the sling.

Ditto...

Hey. I don't want the playboy channel all that often, but when I do, I'm not tossing out coin for DVD's or surfing the net. We have it on TV. :)

And if you've HAD the NFL Sunday ticket and get rid of it, and I don't care what the price is, I have to wonder WTF is going on in your head. At $400 a year (and I make ****ing pizzas for a living) it's still worth it.

I......LOVE........FOOTBALL....... :arrow:

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Dish Network = JD Power and Associates #1 in customer satisfation :D

BTW when you have to deal with assholes all day that will argue with you about why the DTV/Dish Network remote should work with thier TV and if it doesn't they are canceling you tend to get snippy...just take it from a CSR :thumb:

Rausch
09-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Dish Network = JD Power and Associates #1 in customer satisfation :D

BTW when you have to deal with assholes all day that will argue with you about why the DTV/Dish Network remote should work with thier TV and if it doesn't they are canceling you tend to get snippy...just take it from a CSR :thumb:

****ing Liberals.... :cuss:

Satellite TV - NFL Sunday Ticket = $hat..... :mad:

Rausch
09-08-2004, 12:21 AM
I definitely understand the pain of phone customer service. I've done it. Only for a few months even.. and I'll never do it again.

My general MO is... if something is really f*cked up... meaning the company has wronged me... they're screwing me out of money due to a mistake of theirs... lose my temper... calm down.. apologize... explain that I know it's not their fault, they don't control these things, and ask to be escalated.

One time I found one that must've really hated her supervisor. I kept demanding more reparations... she had to keep consulting her supervisor... I asked to just be transferred to her supervisor so I didn't have to keep hassling her. She sounded like she was stifling a giggle and and said, "No, really... it's no problem." I think she was getting off on bugging her boss. I got everything I wanted, so I was cool with it.

On the off chance I get a stellar rep, I ask to speak to their supervisor so as to reccommend them for a raise.

Couldn't agree more. Excellent analysis of the BS customer service situation. :thumb:

And more often than not asking to transfer to a manager/superior means talking to an American.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:24 AM
I definitely understand the pain of phone customer service. I've done it. Only for a few months even.. and I'll never do it again.

My general MO is... if something is really f*cked up... meaning the company has wronged me... they're screwing me out of money due to a mistake of theirs... lose my temper... calm down.. apologize... explain that I know it's not their fault, they don't control these things, and ask to be escalated.

One time I found one that must've really hated her supervisor. I kept demanding more reparations... she had to keep consulting her supervisor... I asked to just be transferred to her supervisor so I didn't have to keep hassling her. She sounded like she was stifling a giggle and and said, "No, really... it's no problem." I think she was getting off on bugging her boss. I got everything I wanted, so I was cool with it.

On the off chance I get a stellar rep, I ask to speak to their supervisor so as to reccommend them for a raise.

awesome...I had a guy on the phone (arab no less) the other day for 45 min trying to explain I couldn't do anything more to try and program our remote to his TV...it wasn't working and there was nothing else I could do...all he could do was tell me how horrible Dish was and he needed a new remote because this one wasn't working....(it was brand new)...finally he told me he was telling his seven other family members with dish to cancel....then it turned to 10...then 20....then 70...I finally asked him if there was anything else I could help him with and he kept up the dish is horrible line I said "thank you for calling dish" and he finally hung up....45 minutes of my life down the drain :shake:

Rausch
09-08-2004, 12:30 AM
awesome...I had a guy on the phone (arab no less) the other day for 45 min trying to explain I couldn't do anything more to try and program our remote to his TV...it wasn't working and there was nothing else I could do...all he could do was tell me how horrible Dish was and he needed a new remote because this one wasn't working....(it was brand new)...finally he told me he was telling his seven other family members with dish to cancel....then it turned to 10...then 20....then 70...I finally asked him if there was anything else I could help him with and he kept up the dish is horrible line I said "thank you for calling dish" and he finally hung up....45 minutes of my life down the drain :shake:

Here's your problem:

A) 50% of people who use telephones of any sort are complete ****ing morons. No hope, no chance, no exception. Just ****ing stupid beyond repair.

B) DishNetwork sucks. It might employ you so you may feel obligated to stick up for it, but really, it's $#it.....

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Here's your problem:

A) 50% of people who use telephones of any sort are complete ****ing morons. No hope, no chance, no exception. Just ****ing stupid beyond repair.

B) DishNetwork sucks. It might employ you so you may feel obligated to stick up for it, but really, it's $#it.....:shrug: I have decided it is temp till school starts in the spring....I'd prolly kill someone if I had to do that for a living forever

Rausch
09-08-2004, 12:56 AM
:shrug: I have decided it is temp till school starts in the spring....I'd prolly kill someone if I had to do that for a living forever

Nah...Keep it.

You'll be the first gay fascist in history... :shake:

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Nah...Keep it.

You'll be the first gay fascist in history... :shake: ROFL

and everyone must wear pink capris!

http://www.jamierenae.com/2003/pink-capris-1a.jpg

Rausch
09-08-2004, 01:02 AM
ROFL

and everyone must wear pink capris!

http://www.jamierenae.com/2003/pink-capris-1a.jpg

GAH! :doh!:

We'll work on the uniform. You just concentrate on making your way to the middle.....

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:03 AM
GAH! :doh!:

We'll work on the uniform. You just concentrate on making your way to the middle.....

ROFL my sides hurt....this has been the best exchange I have had in a while

Fanton
09-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Hmm talk about killing a topic Rausch...

Anyway, I found out that Time Warner has the best customer support (over the phone at least) out of all the companies I dealt with. I've had to call them on a Sunday at like 9pm to find out how to set up my cable internet after a reformat. Took 'em 20 minutes over the phone, but they helped me and it worked.

BTW paying $50 a month for 50 channels with 2 premiuim is a rip-off. I was paying $65 a month for 300 channels (including all HBOs) and high speed cable internet.

The only bad thing about TW is that they, of course, don't have NFLST. But 90% of the games I watch are Chiefs and I get them anyway. As for the other 10% I wanna watch, they are usually either on ESPN or ABC.

XXXshogunXXX
09-08-2004, 01:16 AM
blah.... they dont offer the standalone service anymore, cry me a river. i'm glad they lost a customer for life, because i have a feeling if you didnt get your way in the future, you would've thrown a hissy fit and asked to speak to a supervisor, so they can adhere to your rules, not theres. sorry..but you cant expect direct tv to adjust their rules just for you, and ignore the other millions of customers. The next time you feel like changing a company's policy, save your breath and punch a pillow. Call centers have enough unwarranted anger towards them.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Hmm talk about killing a topic Rausch...

Anyway, I found out that Time Warner has the best customer support (over the phone at least) out of all the companies I dealt with. I've had to call them on a Sunday at like 9pm to find out how to set up my cable internet after a reformat. Took 'em 20 minutes over the phone, but they helped me and it worked.

BTW paying $50 a month for 50 channels with 2 premiuim is a rip-off. I was paying $65 a month for 300 channels (including all HBOs) and high speed cable internet.

so why the switch?

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:19 AM
blah.... they dont offer the standalone service anymore, cry me a river. i'm glad they lost a customer for life, because i have a feeling if you didnt get your way in the future, you would've thrown a hissy fit and asked to speak to a supervisor, so they can adhere to your rules, not theres. sorry..but you cant expect direct tv to adjust their rules just for you, and ignore the other millions of customers. The next time you feel like changing a company's policy, save your breath and punch a pillow. Call centers have enough unwarranted anger towards them.

:spock: it would be wise of them to do that since Dish offers that service....

Fanton
09-08-2004, 01:20 AM
I moved to Lawrence...

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Dish offers standalone NFL Sunday Ticket?

standalone programming...you don't have to subscribe to a basic package....

Fanton
09-08-2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah but they are talking about NFLST... I'm sure Direct TV offers stand alone programming, just not NFLST. I'm speculating though.

Rausch
09-08-2004, 01:24 AM

No...

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:25 AM
I moved to Lawrence...

so you got rid of your dish?

Fanton
09-08-2004, 01:26 AM
I never had a dish... I had Cable from Time Warner... Road Runner.

tk13
No moron, they can suck your balls!

DenverChief
Yeah but they are talking about NFLST... I'm sure Direct TV offers stand alone programming, just not NFLST. I'm speculating though.

right but if dish can offer it with MLB xtra innings and NHL center ice and NBA league pass....amongst anything else you can think of....

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:27 AM
No moron, they can suck your balls! ROFL

Fanton
09-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Good point.

XXXshogunXXX
09-08-2004, 01:31 AM
good riddens to the customer. anyway, hc chief was upset because the representative got "snippy". but he probably forgot to mentioned the part where he said in a pissy tone "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DO NOT OFFER THE STANDALONE SERVICE". "sir, we no longer offer that service". "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DO NOT OFFER IT, A FEW MONTHS AGO YOU DID, WHY DON'T YOU OFFER IT ANYMORE. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. WHY CANT YOU OFFER IT TO ME." blah blah..something along those lines. you have to remember the customer represantive is not the CEO, he cannot just adust to your demands. he's instructed to follow rules.

Rausch
09-08-2004, 01:36 AM
right but if dish can offer it with MLB xtra innings and NHL center ice and NBA league pass....amongst anything else you can think of....

It still doesn't beat Sunday ticket.

There is NO trump card to sunday ticket. Period. :harumph:

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:41 AM
It still doesn't beat Sunday ticket.

There is NO trump card to sunday ticket. Period. :harumph:no I meant stand alone service

HC_Chief
09-08-2004, 08:22 AM
good riddens to the customer. anyway, hc chief was upset because the representative got "snippy". but he probably forgot to mentioned the part where he said in a pissy tone "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DO NOT OFFER THE STANDALONE SERVICE". "sir, we no longer offer that service". "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DO NOT OFFER IT, A FEW MONTHS AGO YOU DID, WHY DON'T YOU OFFER IT ANYMORE. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. WHY CANT YOU OFFER IT TO ME." blah blah..something along those lines. you have to remember the customer represantive is not the CEO, he cannot just adust to your demands. he's instructed to follow rules.

No, actually I just asked them when they made the switch from individual programming to forced package inclusion. The little bitch from CS copped an attitude. (like you did here... neg rep on the way, punk)

And for the record, the customer is ALWAYS right. A CSR may not be able to rectify a situation due to company policy - and that is fine. Copping an attitude and acting like a prick(again, read your posts) is a good way to alienate the client base and lead to loss of subscribers.

ExtremeChief
09-08-2004, 09:32 AM
I've had DishNetwork for over 4 years now, same receiver, same LNB, no problems. Customer service has always been outstanding. I wish they offered Sunday Ticket, but other than that they are just as good as DaveTV, IMO. I get to see quite an assortment of NFL games since I have NY, LA, and KC stations. If they had the option, I'm sure they would offer sunday ticket.

haters...

StcChief
09-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I have DishNet and wish I could opt to buy a local KC station to see Chiefs games.

I discussed this with Cust. Service and they said FCC wouldn't allow it.

Only for super stations.

Lobby the FCC to change this is the only hope.

Register complaints with Service Provider would work also.

Don't need ST just a local KC channel.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
I never had a dish... I had Cable from Time Warner... Road Runner.

so what do you have now?