PDA

View Full Version : Russia Ready to Strike Against 'Terror' Worldwide

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 08:19 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&e=3&u=/nm/20040908/ts_nm/russia_school_dc

As for launching pre-emptive strikes on terrorist bases, we will carry out all measures to liquidate terrorist bases in any region of the world," said General Yuri Baluevsky, chief of Russia's general staff.

"However, this does not mean that we will launch nuclear strikes," he added, according to Russian news agencies.

Sounds like Russia is a little pissed. About GD time!

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Man, this will get ugly for the bad guys........

jagerdrinker
09-08-2004, 08:30 AM
Anyone who had doubts that those who put bullets into the backs of helpless children would be hunted down and killed is ridiculous.

Iowanian
09-08-2004, 08:39 AM
I wonder if Bush's next call to Putin will include the words "Told you So". Maybe they'll be a little more cooperative in Iraq, Iran, North Korean issues, as well as taking care of some of the light work around their own region.

These Terrorists are just Brilliant.....pick a fight with the US, and Russia.........Might as well go blow up something in Tienamen square.

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 08:43 AM
I hope the Russians play hardball.

Hoover
09-08-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm a bit worried by this. Its hard to put into words but I'll try.

On one hand Russia is attacked and now going to hunt and kill all terrorist. Same goes for the US.

What about Israel? They are attcaked daily?

Also a Terrorist to the US might not be considered a Terrorist to Russia.

A Terrorist to Israel might not be a Terrorist to Russia.

Get my drift?

jcl-kcfan2
09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Yes and no. Radical Islamic / Al Quaida ties pretty much put you iin the same boat for eveybody.

Braincase
09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Time to create "Rainbow 6".

dtebbe
09-08-2004, 09:47 AM
You always hear muslims cry about the "crusades" back in history. Well if you look at what led to the crusades, it appears that history is about to repeat itself, and not a moment too soon.

DT

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Anyone who had doubts that those who put bullets into the backs of helpless children would be hunted down and killed is ridiculous.

Not to be gruesome, but:

1. They gouged out the eyes of some children.
2. They made the children drink their own urine.
3. They took the 12 year old girls into the next room and raped them while the other kids and teachers and mothers could hear the screams.
4. The strapped bombs to some of the children.
5. One terrorist ran out of ammo, so he stabbed and stabbed an 18 month old baby to death.
7. They strung up bombs loaded with bolts, screws, nails and ball bearings all over the gymnasium above the heads of the children.
8. They used some other tourture methods on some of the children.
9. We're learning more and more every day of what they did.

The press has called them ............ Rebels? Seperatists? and Freedom fighters? ................. NO!!! .............. They are Islamic Fascist Terrorist Murderers. They need to be KILLED. I'm pissed!!

I say this, not to be gruesome, but to tell the truth. We need the truth in this country, not a watered down version. This CAN happen in U.S. school. God help us if it ever does.

HC_Chief
09-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Last time the US and Russia teamed up, it was to defeat fascism. Funny how history repeats itself, eh?

memyselfI
09-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Let's just hope we don't find ourselves on the opposite sides of who qualifies as a terrorist vs. freedom fighter in the eyes of Russia. :hmmm:

HC_Chief
09-08-2004, 09:50 AM
No worries, we all know which side <i>you're</i> on, memememe

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 09:51 AM
I hope the Russians play hardball. Bill Bennett, on his radio program this morning, said that the Russians will do well in a war against terrorist because they don't have a problem with taking casualties. They have a history of taking huge casualties of their soldiers in order to win battles. This seems terrible, but it works. He wasn't trying to be funny. He was just stating a fact. He said that the Russians will use tactics that we politically can't use. That's fine with me.

Eleazar
09-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Bill Bennett, on his radio program this morning, said that the Russians will do well in a war against terrorist because they don't have a problem with taking casualties. They have a history of taking huge casualties of their soldiers in order to win battles. This seems terrible, but it works. He wasn't trying to be funny. He was just stating a fact. He said that the Russians will use tactics that we politically can't use. That's fine with me.

I think that Russia will be successful because now they have an interest in truly allying with us. Hopefully we both work in concert and exterminate these global roaches.

I think Bennett is right. I mean, if you look back at what they did to defend Stalingrad, the abhorent number of casualties they suffered to defend their homeland in WW2, I would bet that the people of Russia will be more committed to the WoT than maybe our own people are. Hopefully they won't have as great a compliment of political elements working to impede the prosecution of a war.

I bet he's right, too, that the Russians will use tactics that political elements here won't allow us to use. Maybe something good could come out of this tragedy, in that now Russia sees the importance of joining forces again to defeat fascism. They could be a good ally to have.

Chief Henry
09-08-2004, 09:59 AM
Gunther fan,

CLear your private messages. Its too full to accept any new ones.

Radar Chief
09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
We could start by calling “Chechnya Rebels” what they really are. TERRORISTS!

HC_Chief
09-08-2004, 10:06 AM
We could start by calling “Chechnya Rebels” what they really are. TERRORISTS!

Agreed. That means we need to stop supporting them.

ChiefsCountry
09-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Russia hates Osama has much as we do. Remember the Afghan War in the 80's.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
Let's just hope we don't find ourselves on the opposite sides of who qualifies as a terrorist vs. freedom fighter in the eyes of Russia. :hmmm:

Most of the rest of us don't need to worry about that.

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 10:26 AM

Touche. ROFL

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Last time the US and Russia teamed up, it was to defeat fascism. Funny how history repeats itself, eh?

I was kind of thinking that the Russians/Soviets didn't really enjoy their last foray into Muslim territory, but then I realized that that was mainly because the Afghans had Uncle Sam on their side. When Uncle Sam and Mother Russia both come after you with blood in their eyes, you're screwed.

Let's just make darn sure that the Chinese and the French don't supply these folks with weapons.

memyselfI
09-08-2004, 10:31 AM

Actually, you do. The US has an interesting and sometimes isolated view of who is a terrorist and who is a freedom fighter in the past. (IIRC OBL was a 'freedom fighter' for the US at one point) Notice that Putin just yesterday slammed the US for their designation of 'freedom fighter' on the Chechan rebels. :hmmm: No telling how this will play out regarding Israel.

Gee all of these nations fighting their perceived terrorists and using a WOT as their justification...

I feel sooo safe now. :rolleyes:

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Actually, you do.

No. Really, Bob Dole doesn't.

It's an interesting concept, actually. If one puts forth some effort to conform to their community's norms and doesn't feel compelled to flap one's jaw about shit they know little about and can do even less to control, The Man tends to leave them the hell alone.

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Have the two Texarkanas ever considered seceding from the Union, Senator Dole? I view that community kind of like all of those African tribes that got split up by British colonial borders.

Iowanian
09-08-2004, 10:51 AM
I'll add to the "Russia doesn't mind taking casualties" and add that they don't have a big problem with "collateral damage" for their enemy either.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Actually, you do. The US has an interesting and sometimes isolated view of who is a terrorist and who is a freedom fighter in the past. (IIRC OBL was a 'freedom fighter' for the US at one point) Notice that Putin just yesterday slammed the US for their designation of 'freedom fighter' on the Chechan rebels. :hmmm: No telling how this will play out regarding Israel.

Gee all of these nations fighting their perceived terrorists and using a WOT as their justification...

all this posts proves is you don't appreciate the fact that you were FORTUNATE enough to be born in America.

You laugh, and take pot shots at our country, the leaders who defend it, the soldiers who fight and die for it, the wives of victims. you pimped Jessica Lynch, the Iraqui prisoners, the victims of 9/11. you've turned your eye to the treatment of the Iraqui people and the torture of women. The are hundreds of thousands of people TODAY whose lives are aTHOUSAND times worse than yours will ever be. you'll never experience the fear and suffering they've gone through. EVER.

and yet you sit here and take your blessings for granted and mock your safety.

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 10:54 AM
I'll add to the "Russia doesn't mind taking casualties" and add that they don't have a big problem with "collateral damage" for their enemy either.

Good point. How long would that 'holy shrine' have lasted if the Russians had been surrounding it? My guess is, about as long as it took to get the artillery aimed.

Iowanian
09-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Dense, you can worry about Israel, the first time they start blowing up buildings and children in the US, Russia, our embassies, navy ships, marine Barracks.........Israel doesn't fug with anyone that isn't fuggin with them.

Curse the US military all you want DenseCo......but the Russians would have obliterated the Shrine Al Sadr and his boyfriends were hiding in in the time it would have taken me to finish this cool can of soda.......Falluja, Najef, Tikrit, Mosul, Balad and Sadr City would have alot of new available building space by now also.

teedubya
09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
What does Revelations say about the Bear from the North and something from the east... Im not a real religious fanatic... I love God and alll, however this is seeming more and more like prophetic times.

|Zach|
09-08-2004, 11:07 AM
I love God and alll
Had to throw in that disclaimer... ROFL

Chiefaholic
09-08-2004, 11:07 AM

I'vfe been tolorate of your BS for a long time now. But, I've about had it with your continuous BS. If you don't like this country, GET THE F*** OUT!!!!! Go to your fellow brothers and sisters in France and join thier backing of Iraq. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

jAZ
09-08-2004, 11:09 AM

On one hand Russia is attacked and now going to hunt and kill all terrorist. Same goes for the US.

Get my drift?
The Bush doctine leads to World War III where everyone attacks anyone they consider a potential threat to them and diplomacy is thrown out the window?

Clint in Wichita
09-08-2004, 11:16 AM

Why? Are they going to nuke D.C. over semantics? I don't think so.

fan4ever
09-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Not to be gruesome, but:

3. They took the 12 year old girls into the next room and raped them while the other kids and teachers and mothers could hear the screams.
5. One terrorist ran out of ammo, so he stabbed and stabbed an 18 month old baby to death.
7. They strung up bombs loaded with bolts, screws, nails and ball bearings all over the gymnasium above the heads of the children.

The press has called them ............ Rebels? Seperatists? and Freedom fighters? ................. NO!!! .............. They are Islamic Fascist Terrorist Murderers. They need to be KILLED. I'm pissed!!

I say this, not to be gruesome, but to tell the truth. We need the truth in this country, not a watered down version. This CAN happen in U.S. school. God help us if it ever does.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
.....but the Russians would have obliterated the Shrine Al Sadr and his boyfriends were hiding in in the time it would have taken me to finish this cool can of soda.......Falluja, Najef, Tikrit, Mosul, Balad and Sadr City would have alot of new available building space by now also.

That kind of works for me. Is that wrong? :hmmm:

fan4ever
09-08-2004, 11:25 AM
I couldn't agree with you more. Well said. Those who'd like to "water this down" are the same folks who don't let the footage of 9-11 be shown on television anymore. We have a right to be pissed, and a right to make those who commit these atrocities pay.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Have the two Texarkanas ever considered seceding from the Union, Senator Dole? I view that community kind of like all of those African tribes that got split up by British colonial borders.

It appears that they are more concerned in creating a rift between themselves. There's no way in hell they could coordinate something like a secession. Bob Dole has to bootleg to get beer to his house, for Eli's sake.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 11:45 AM

Get my drift?

I see your point and if I can expand on it for a second, what if Isreal decides that like the US and Russia it is tired of the attacks and invades Palestine and Jordan and Syria? What if India decides its tired of the "terrorist" attacks from Pakistan and invades? Then North Korea decides since everybody else is getting their piece they might as well get thiers.....

HolmeZz
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
This is going to turn into WWIII. We're all going to be trying to kill who we thing are the 'bad guys' and eventually the whole w0rld will be at each other's throats.

My boy Nostradamus hooked me up with the 411.

Mark M
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
THIS WORLD IS IMPLODING!!

Sorry, but someone had to do it.

MM
~~:spock:

Rain Man
09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
It appears that they are more concerned in creating a rift between themselves. There's no way in hell they could coordinate something like a secession. Bob Dole has to bootleg to get beer to his house, for Eli's sake.

Texarbalkanism?

bringbackmarty
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
dammit carl! the russians are joining the fight against terrorism too late, and all the lines are blurred, except the line between the us and the rest of the world. We need the muthafukin A team to come up on that teyroism bitch and bust her in the mouth. draw and quarter bin laden, olympic style on espn. Teams from Iraq, the United States, England, and Russia, naw **** it everybody who lost people to terrorism, (which is everybody)divide it into a playoff (using enemy combatants) then the best four countries get bin laden. whoever's rope has the most on it in the end wins. They get 10% off their next occupation from the UN.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
. They get 10% off their next occupation from the UN.:LOL: nice

Hoover
09-08-2004, 12:05 PM
The Bush doctine leads to World War III where everyone attacks anyone they consider a potential threat to them and diplomacy is thrown out the window?

I don't think its Bush leading us to WWIII, but rather nations like Russia, who get pissed off, and start throwing bombs. If people are pissed off at bush going to Iraq, just wait till you see what other will do.

jAZ
09-08-2004, 12:07 PM
I don't think its Bush leading us to WWIII, but rather nations like Russia, who get pissed off, and start throwing bombs. If people are pissed off at bush going to Iraq, just wait till you see what other will do.
That is exactly my point. Bush opened a pandora's box of dismissal of the process of global cooperation. And it was unnecessary to open that box in order to deal with Saddam Hussein. Bad move, IMO.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:09 PM

Exactly....but I think the point Jaz is trying to make is that Bush set the precedent for "defending the homeland" and its not a good precedent IMO

Hoover
09-08-2004, 12:10 PM
That is exactly my point. Bush opened a pandora's box of dismissal of the process of global cooperation. And it was unnecessary to open that box in order to deal with Saddam Hussein. Bad move, IMO.
No Bush went to the UN.

The UN passed some 18 or so resolutions.

The UN failed to enforce their standing on Iraq.

So the Uniter States took action because the UN failed.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:12 PM
No Bush went to the UN.

Exactly the point, now nobody will get UN approval they will just do as they see fit

Hoover
09-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Exactly the point, now nobody will get UN approval they will just do as they see fit
We did have UN approval, the UN just wopuld not act.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
We did have UN approval, the UN just wopuld not act.

thats not approval....approval would have meant a larger coalition of nations....now we just have the "coalition of the willing" which keeps getting smaller

Mark M
09-08-2004, 12:17 PM
This thread will move the DC forum in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

MM
~~:shake:

Hoover
09-08-2004, 12:19 PM
thats not approval....approval would have meant a larger coalition of nations....now we just have the "coalition of the willing" which keeps getting smaller
I belive the UN resolutions had no votes against them, all in support.

HC_Chief
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
dammit carl! the russians are joining the fight against terrorism too late, and all the lines are blurred, except the line between the us and the rest of the world. We need the muthafukin A team to come up on that teyroism bitch and bust her in the mouth. draw and quarter bin laden, olympic style on espn. Teams from Iraq, the United States, England, and Russia, naw **** it everybody who lost people to terrorism, (which is everybody)divide it into a playoff (using enemy combatants) then the best four countries get bin laden. whoever's rope has the most on it in the end wins. They get 10% off their next occupation from the UN.

LOL
Damn fine stuff there, bbm

jAZ
09-08-2004, 12:40 PM
No Bush went to the UN.

Actually, that's not true. The UN Inspectors where on the ground doing their job when Bush ordered the invasion of Iraq.

MOhillbilly
09-08-2004, 12:52 PM
who cares,till they call my number.Im going to do what i been doin'.
Bunch of ****in chicken littles.
The lines were drawn long ago boys,i know what side im on.
And once again those who feel safe to flap there gums in a time of relative stability,wont feel so fu(king safe when all out war kicks off.

Bwana
09-08-2004, 12:58 PM
all this posts proves is you don't appreciate the fact that you were FORTUNATE enough to be born in America.

You laugh, and take pot shots at our country, the leaders who defend it, the soldiers who fight and die for it, the wives of victims. you pimped Jessica Lynch, the Iraqui prisoners, the victims of 9/11. you've turned your eye to the treatment of the Iraqui people and the torture of women. The are hundreds of thousands of people TODAY whose lives are aTHOUSAND times worse than yours will ever be. you'll never experience the fear and suffering they've gone through. EVER.

and yet you sit here and take your blessings for granted and mock your safety.

Good post SR. :thumb:

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 01:01 PM
Gunther fan,

CLear your private messages. Its too full to accept any new ones. Done :thumb:

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I'vfe been tolorate of your BS for a long time now. But, I've about had it with your continuous BS. If you don't like this country, GET THE F*** OUT!!!!! Go to your fellow brothers and sisters in France and join thier backing of Iraq. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :clap: ROFL :thumb:

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 01:10 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. Well said. Those who'd like to "water this down" are the same folks who don't let the footage of 9-11 be shown on television anymore. We have a right to be pissed, and a right to make those who commit these atrocities pay. Exactly. You can blame the liberal media for words like "rebels and freedom fighters and seperatists". :mad:

Bwana
09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I'vfe been tolorate of your BS for a long time now. But, I've about had it with your continuous BS. If you don't like this country, GET THE F*** OUT!!!!! Go to your fellow brothers and sisters in France and join thier backing of Iraq. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Oh, that's priceless. Rep on its way. ROFL

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 01:20 PM
I belive the UN resolutions had no votes against them, all in support.

Really the UN resolution to invade Iraq was a unanamous yes?

Kylo Ren
09-08-2004, 01:24 PM

I feel sooo safe now. :rolleyes: Typical from a liberal .......... blame America first. Shameful. Disgusting. :cuss:

unlurking
09-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Actually, you can blame GOVERNMENT (bi-partisan). You really think we would call them terrorists while we are giving them funding?!?!

We pay for mercenaries and call them freedom-fighters.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Really the UN resolution to invade Iraq was a unanamous yes?

The UN is a toothless ****ing joke.

If you think that the UN's course of action of issuing resolutions, letting Iraq thumb her nose by failing to comply, then saying, "Oh...I misunderstood.", rinse and repeat--while the UN sat motionless with its thumb in its ass--was in some way "proper", then Bob Dole hopes to hell you don't reproduce, because your offspring aren't going to be worth the tax dollars Bob Dole has to pay to raise them for you.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 04:34 PM

If you think that the UN's course of action of issuing resolutions, letting Iraq thumb her nose by failing to comply, then saying, "Oh...I misunderstood.", rinse and repeat--while the UN sat motionless with its thumb in its ass--was in some way "proper", then Bob Dole hopes to hell you don't reproduce, because your offspring aren't going to be worth the tax dollars Bob Dole has to pay to raise them for you.

Missionary Impossible.

WoodDraw
09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:49 PM

I rather doubt that will be an issue.....

headsnap
09-08-2004, 04:52 PM

two things:

1. don't forget that 'oil for food' debacle

2. I see stevieray took care of it already. ROFL

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I wonder if Bush's next call to Putin will include the words "Told you So". Maybe they'll be a little more cooperative in Iraq, Iran, North Korean issues, as well as taking care of some of the light work around their own region.

These Terrorists are just Brilliant.....pick a fight with the US, and Russia.........Might as well go blow up something in Tienamen square.

No shit. But what do you expect from people who only live to be martyrs?

This completely negates the argument that these people can be dealt with in a diplomatic way, they are wanting to die....

So I say we oblige them.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 04:58 PM
No shit. But what do you expect from people who only live to be martyrs?

This completely negates the argument that these people can be dealt with in a diplomatic way, they are wanting to die....

So I say we oblige them.

They?

Racist.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:04 PM
They?

Racist.

Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

- Col. Charlie Beckwith

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM

I agree completely!

The only Teeth the UN has are Red, White and Blue. That is of course until the spineless jelly fish give into the cowardly frogs so the head of the UN’s Son doesn’t get caught up in an embezzlement scandal with said frogs and other countries.

whoman69
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM

Problem is their definition of terrorists is Chechen rebels, Israel is Hamas, ours is Al Quaeda, UK is IRA. Noone is cooperating with the other terrorists they are not themselves searching for. A terrorist is a terrorist and they need to be taken care of.

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 05:39 PM
I don’t give a **** what they or there enemies call themselves. If you intentionally seek out and plan to kill innocent men, woman and GOD forbid; children, you deserve to DIE! Irregardless of any problems or rights you think you should have. They are now forfeit; along with any sympathies you may be entitled too.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Why do you keep bringing all this shit up? This is a Chiefs forum...
why ruin people's moods and make them argue over stuff they have absolutelly no influence over? It's not like anyone's opinions are going to change, the only thing that's going to happen to their opinions is they will be even more deeply instilled.

If you want to influence something, start by writing editorials to newspapers or something.

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 07:03 PM
why ruin people's moods and make them argue over stuff they have absolutelly no influence over? It's not like anyone's opinions are going to change, the only thing that's going to happen to their opinions is they will be even more deeply instilled.

If you want to influence something, start by writing editorials to newspapers or something.

I’m probably one of the least politically motivated individuals on this board. Not that I owe you an explanation, but I got bored with all the different poles on how often one washes various body parts and linen.

EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

and for the record I never... never.... never start politcall threads..... This was FYI only.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Oh man, I didn't mean YOU you, lol. I meant you poeple... you know, in general. Sorry to have confused you, should have worded it better.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 07:16 PM

Actually, it is an almost everything forum. And last I checked news of the day that does not have a politcal slant is still ok for the main forum.

There was political slant added after a couple of people with Bush on the brain had to start accusing him of all the world's woes yet again, but the thread itself was started as purely a news piece. There is nothing wrong with that. It is not R&GH's fault some people have an unhealthy obsession with W.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Oh man, I didn't mean YOU you, lol. I meant you poeple... you know, in general. Sorry to have confused you, should have worded it better.

Uhm, in that case, disregard my response to you. :)

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 07:25 PM

:homer: Oh, OK... np....

Die :bang: :donks: Die... Shanarat ...... Die.. Raiders Raiderfan .

GO CHIEFS! PBJ

gblowfish
09-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Doesn't this thread belong in the Washington DC section?
Most of the time I come here to get away from politics. :(

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 07:36 PM

I only posted the thread for news. Some want to make Political Issues about it. Fugem, I only get pissed when some start to try and justify the killing of innocents.

Mods….

Is there anyway of keeping Meme from responding to a post.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 07:40 PM

But without the UN everybody does what they want in thier "best interest" and maybe not the best interest of the world...i.e. Inida invades pakistan to stop terroist attacks, Isreal invades Jordan, Syria and Palestine to end the terror attacks, China invades Taiwan, North Korea invades South Korea......so the UN has a purpose no matter how distasteful we seem to think that abiding by the rules seems, there are reassons for those rules and setting the precedent of invading because you can and it's what in your "best interest" is bad because of the scenarios mentioned above

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
But without the UN everybody does what they want in thier "best interest" and maybe not the best interest of the world...i.e. Inida invades pakistan to stop terroist attacks, Isreal invades Jordan, Syria and Palestine to end the terror attacks, China invades Taiwan, North Korea invades South Korea......so the UN has a purpose no matter how distasteful we seem to think that abiding by the rules seems, there are reassons for those rules and setting the precedent of invading because you can and it's what in your "best interest" is bad because of the scenarios mentioned above

Correction Sir... North Korea doesn't invade South Korea... "Why?" Israel doesn't invade all mentioned "Why?" China doesn't invade Taiwan "Why?" India doesn't invade Palestien, or visa versa "Why?"

The UN..... I think not!

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
The UN..... I think not!

Then why not?

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Correction Sir... North Korea doesn't invade South Korea... "Why?" Israel doesn't invade all mentioned "Why?" China doesn't invade Taiwan "Why?" India doesn't invade Palestien, or visa versa "Why?"

The UN..... I think not!

Correct answer -

UNited States

Inspector
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
It's about time!

Too bad it took a catastrophic event in their country to bring them around.

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 07:54 PM
Correct answer -

UNited States

You win the Prize sir.

Inspector
09-08-2004, 07:56 PM

Hey Denise is posting on the football side of the planet.

I had a feeling she'd be back over here.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
You win the Prize sir.

WHOOHOO!!!

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey Denise is posting on the football side of the planet.

I had a feeling she'd be back over here.

:deevee: I'm sorry... It's all my fault :deevee:

conchshell
09-08-2004, 08:39 PM

I agree with most of your logic. But as a citizen of India, I want to make something clear. India has never invaded a single country in 10,000 years. That's right, the only war's India has done were to defend herself. Which BTW, are with the muslim-o-phacists and the Brits. Check into any genuine history site for more proof

Fanton
09-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Yeah India never invaded anyone. They just enjoy performing genocides against their muslim compatriots.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Conchshell's upcoming response should prove interesting.

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Yeah India never invaded anyone. They just enjoy performing genocides against their muslim compatriots.

What came first.... The chicken or the Egg!

R&GHomer
09-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Good Night All... and GOD bless!

MadMax
09-08-2004, 09:04 PM
This is going to turn into WWIII. We're all going to be trying to kill who we thing are the 'bad guys' and eventually the whole w0rld will be at each other's throats.

Nah, yer boy hooked you up with an out of control pie hole. PLBAH!

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 09:06 PM

Silly, silly George.

NTTAWWT.

TopJet2
09-08-2004, 09:11 PM
I agree with most of your logic. But as a citizen of India, I want to make something clear. India has never invaded a single country in 10,000 years. That's right, the only war's India has done were to defend herself. Which BTW, are with the muslim-o-phacists and the Brits. Check into any genuine history site for more proof

That is a priceless tagline:thumb:

CHIEF4EVER
09-08-2004, 09:19 PM

That is a pathetic thing to say Denise....you do realize these cockroaches killed CHILDREN don't you? :shake:

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:24 PM

You're pathetic........Don't worry it won't be your sorry scared a$$ out there catching bullets..........

Fanton
09-08-2004, 09:26 PM
"Last March, in the state of Gujarat, two thousand Muslims were butchered in a state-sponsored pogrom. Muslim women were specially targeted. They were stripped, and gang-raped, before being burned alive. Arsonists burned and looted shops, homes. textile mills, and mosques.
More than a hundred and fifty thousand Muslims have been driven from their homes. The economic base of the Muslim community has been devastated..." (Arundhati Roy, "War Talk").

BTW she's Indian. I thought Hindus were supposed to be peaceful, and the "muslim-o-phacists" were the crazy facist terrorists.

The whole book is awesome and is a real eye-opener. I suggest all you American patriotes to read it. It's very cheap and is only about 120 pages long. Start with page 77 and read to the end. Then read the first part if you want.

Oh the book was written in 2003.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 09:31 PM
LVNHACK, I am not sure about your background, but would you be willing to go fight in Iraq? In case you are too old, would you be willing to send your kids there? Why do so many of you choose to be so patriotic at the cost of 18-year olds?

Rausch
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM
LVNHACK, I am not sure about your background, but would you be willing to go fight in Iraq? In case you are too old, would you be willing to send your kids there? Why do so many of you choose to be so patriotic at the cost of 18-year olds?

Why are 18-28 year olds TODAY so ****ing special?

Why is my life somehow more precious than my father's or grandfather's?

Funny how it it's "unfair" a soldier may be asked to lose his life, after volunteering, but it isn't "unfair" that cops and fireman and Border Patrol arent' looked at the same way.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:35 PM

10 year vet of the USMC. Got a 12 year old son now, I'm still voting republican. Better fight over there then here.

IMO The valiant taste of death but once, while a coward will drink from the cup often.........

Rausch
09-08-2004, 09:37 PM
"Last March, in the state of Gujarat, two thousand Muslims were butchered in a state-sponsored pogrom. Muslim women were specially targeted. They were stripped, and gang-raped, before being burned alive. Arsonists burned and looted shops, homes. textile mills, and mosques.
More than a hundred and fifty thousand Muslims have been driven from their homes. The economic base of the Muslim community has been devastated..." (Arundhati Roy, "War Talk").

BTW she's Indian. I thought Hindus were supposed to be peaceful, and the "muslim-o-phacists" were the crazy facist terrorists.

The whole book is awesome and is a real eye-opener. I suggest all you American patriotes to read it. It's very cheap and is only about 120 pages long.

I suggest you REMEMBER it when demanding we get UN or multinational-approval to do what is necessary...

tommykat
09-08-2004, 09:38 PM
What does Revelations say about the Bear from the North and something from the east... Im not a real religious fanatic... I love God and alll, however this is seeming more and more like prophetic times.

Actually, it doesn't come from Revelations............Read Ezekiel 38:8 and 38:14, Gog is Russia.......I will tell you the rest in a minute.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 09:40 PM
I suggest you REMEMBER it when demanding we get UN or multinational-approval to do what is necessary...

Hey Brad, check your smokes.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:40 PM

:hmmm: ........I'm waiting......I see you're a student, Is that what scares ya....?????

conchshell
09-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Conchshell's upcoming response should prove interesting.

Yeah Frazod, it is. fanton is obviously referring to a situation which happened in the state of Gujarat, India in which around 1000+ muslims were killed. What he conveniently forgot to mention was that this incident is triggered because muslims burned a train which was carrying Hindu piligrims killing around 60 people. Imagine that !!!

Now, 2 wrongs don't make a right. But burning people alive in a train isn't a small issue. as fanton would say himself, I have been raised seeing the many atrocities muslims committed upon hindu's who are the majority in India. This is purely because of political reasons that require a separate thread themselves. Imagine a state with little law & order and the majority being frustrated. All they needed was a catalyst which these muslims have provided to destruct themselves

fanton, selective amnesia eh! I do browse through this message board and know you. Please spare me from your usual drivel. Also, as a note, I wouldn't probably answer your questions. not unless you check your facts first of course.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 09:43 PM

If there had been a chance for Bob Dole to go snipe that stupid **** during/after the first Iraq war, Bob Dole would have jumped all over it.

Of course, you would have whined about how horrible it was, so it's pretty much a no-win situation from this end.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Yeah Frazod, it is. fanton is obviously referring to a situation which happened in the state of Gujarat, India in which around 1000+ muslims were killed. What he conveniently forgot to mention was that this incident is triggered because muslims burned a train which was carrying Hindu piligrims killing around 60 people. Imagine that !!!

Now, 2 wrongs don't make a right. But burning people alive in a train isn't a small issue. as fanton would say himself, I have been raised seeing the many atrocities muslims committed upon hindu's who are the majority in India. This is purely because of political reasons that require a separate thread themselves. Imagine a state with little law & order and the majority being frustrated. All they needed was a catalyst which these muslims have provided to destruct themselves

fanton, selective amnesia eh! I do browse through this message board and know you. Please spare me from your usual drivel. Also, as a note, I wouldn't probably answer your questions. not unless you check your facts first of course.

You're gonna have to excuse fanton.........I think he may be biting his pillow, while looking for his spine...........

Frazod
09-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Strife and terrorism here, in the Middle East, Russia, India, the Phillipines, Indonesia.

What is the common denominator? Do I really need to say it?

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 09:46 PM

:)

welcome to the planet.....where abouts in India do you live?

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Strife and terrorism here, in the Middle East, Russia, India, the Phillipines, Indonesia.

at one time in history the answer would have been catholicism

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 09:49 PM
at one time in history the answer would have been catholicism

Any particular reason you do not want to focus on the here and now?

Fanton
09-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Whoa, whoa.... I was just reading a different thread. Now, LVNHACK, I respect you for your service and I support the troops out there in Iraq. What I don't respect is one f***tard deciding to send young guys and women somewhere they don't belong and thus resulting 1000 families much grief for no f***ing reason.

And no I am not afraid to go and fight for a cause if I have to. I am afraid to go and die for an old man's cause of getting richer.

Now, I did fail to mention the train getting burned. That is terrorism. BUT... raping, burning, looting by 1000's sounds a lot little like what Mr.Hitler and his boys used to do back in the day.

tommykat
09-08-2004, 09:55 PM

J...........shame on you. :harumph: We are living in the here and now. Just as was taught to us through the Bible...........So you all can beat me up.....I believe and can not nor will I back down on what I believe. :hmmm: On that note I should go to bed huh? ROFL Go ahead, smear me, say whatever most of you that know me know my beliefs. Just a tad onery tonight.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 09:57 PM

I was merely pointing out the common thread was RELIGION in genreal...thanks for playing

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Whoa, whoa.... I was just reading a different thread. Now, LVNHACK, I respect you for your service and I support the troops out there in Iraq. What I don't respect is one f***tard deciding to send young guys and women somewhere they don't belong and thus resulting 1000 families much grief for no f***ing reason.

And no I am not afraid to go and fight for a cause if I have to. I am afraid to go and die for an old man's cause of getting richer.

Now, I did fail to mention the train getting burned. That is terrorism. BUT... raping, burning, looting by 1000's sounds a lot little like what Mr.Hitler and his boys used to do back in the day.

Alright good........I don't see it as an old man's war to get richer, I see it as taking the fight to the enemy.......To each his own.....

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 09:58 PM
J...........shame on you. :harumph: We are living in the here and now. Just as was taught to us through the Bible...........So you all can beat me up.....I believe and can not nor will I back down on what I believe. :hmmm: On that note I should go to bed huh? ROFL Go ahead, smear me, say whatever most of you that know me know my beliefs. Just a tad onery tonight.

TK........he wasn't talking to you..........

Rausch
09-08-2004, 09:59 PM

First, that is a lie.

Were were given the reasons for this war 11ty BILLION times. If you don't like those reasons, that's fine, you have a right to.

Translation: as long as I don't have to sacrifice anything. If I can invalidate the war I can validate my fear and greed.

What's your point?...

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Alright good........I don't see it as an old man's war to get richer, I see it as taking the fight to the enemy.......To each his own.....

I understand your point but give me one good reason why the school massacre in russia couldn't manifest itself here? what is preventing that from happening here? what has Bush done to guarantee that or any other kind of attack being brought thru our southern border won't happen?

Frazod
TK........he wasn't talking to you..........

But I love the insight she brings to political threads.... ROFL

ChiefsFanatik88
Not to be gruesome, but:

Are you stating all those instances actually happened or are you making this up? The reason I ask is because I don't know that this happened. I knew about the hostages and the deaths but I didn't know about the savageness {?} of what happened

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:03 PM
I was merely pointing out the common thread was RELIGION in genreal...thanks for playing

actually I should clarify and say RELIGIOUS FANATICS in general

stevieray
09-08-2004, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=Fanton] What I don't respect is one f***tard deciding to send young guys and women somewhere they don't belong and thus resulting 1000 families much grief for no f***ing reason.

QUOTE]

one? you need to redo your homework, as soon as you take the martyr suit off.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 10:04 PM

Which is man, not God.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 10:05 PM
I understand your point but give me one good reason why the school massacre in russia couldn't manifest itself here? what is preventing that from happening here? what has Bush done to guarantee that or any other kind of attack being brought thru our southern border won't happen?

I can't give you one good reason it won't happer here, I pray to God that it won't. But IMO it has as much/more to do with liberals and their takes on things and the infringement of civil liberties...........I'd stay longer and discuss but I'm about to leave for work......

BTW,....what would you have liked him to do....????

tommykat

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_15_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Fanton
Oh and conchshell, you don't know me for shit, so don't feed me that crap. Don't even ****ing compare state-sponsored mass rapings/murders with acts of terrorism. Both are bad, but there are degrees of badness. Me failing to mention the train was not intentional, I was just a little overwhelmed by the fact that 2000 people were killed in some pretty bad ways in that one instant of a genocide case.

Check my facts? I provided the source of my facts. Now go read some independent literature instead of government propaganda. I do realize the situation with Muslims is bad in India and you might be exposed to it, but how does that justify acts like that?

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 10:06 PM

You're a better man then me.........We need Brad's joke - you........

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 10:07 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_15_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

Use it or lose it...................:evil:

stevieray
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM

It can manifest itself here, and that has NOTHING to do with Bush.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I can't give you one good reason it won't happer here, I pray to God that it won't. But IMO it has as much/more to do with liberals and their takes on things and the infringement of civil liberties...........I'd stay longer and discuss but I'm about to leave for work......

BTW,....what would you have liked him to do....????

Have fun at work....:)

I would have somehow stiffined the presence at the border weather that means more boarder patrol agents or military presence....I think that placing more cops in and around schools would help prevent not only this kinda stuff but help with oter stuff like school bullying....I can go into more detail if you like just send me a smoke signal

tommykat
09-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Use it or lose it...................:evil:

Lost it........... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001) Time for a road trip...:deevee:

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
It can manifest itself here, and that has NOTHING to do with Bush.

sure it does, he has the lone power to effect immediate change on a national level...we could leave it up to individual states to make those changes but how long would that take?

Fanton
09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
Rausch those reasons was a bunch of bullshit made presentable and edible to people like you, congrats.

My point about Mr. Hitler was aimed at the other conversation I am having at the same time.

Thanks for translating for me, Rausch. That's not what I said, though.

What would I have liked for Bush to do? Fight the war on terrorism, not Iraq. Create international intelligence networks with all the allies (which are now lost thanks to Mr. Bush) and track down terrorist cells. Dispose of them with the likes of SEALs, Delta Force, SAS, GIGN, GSG-9.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Have fun at work....:)

I would have somehow stiffined the presence at the border weather that means more boarder patrol agents or military presence....I think that placing more cops in and around schools would help prevent not only this kinda stuff but help with oter stuff like school bullying....I can go into more detail if you like just send me a smoke signal

Oh, for the love of Eli. Do you tithe 10% of your income to the NEA?

Did you get picked on in school and it crushed your self-esteeeeeem, or something? Get over it. Kids are mean.

ChiefFripp
09-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I don't think Chechnyans are really the bad guys but It's good we see eye to eye with the Russians. Well Americans don't really see eye to eye with one another but you get my drift.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Oh, for the love of Eli. Do you tithe 10% of your income to the NEA?

Did you get picked on in school and it crushed your self-esteeeeeem, or something? Get over it. Kids are mean.

No but I do live in Colorado and work down the street from Columbine High School

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Oh, for the love of Eli. .

BTW Manning?

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:19 PM
No but I do live in Colorado and work down the street from Columbine High School

In case the distinction is completely lost on you, that was "murder" and not "picking on."

Frazod
09-08-2004, 10:19 PM

I noticed Fanton didn't bite on this one.

Perhaps you could enlighten us. Why is it that Muslims can't seem to live in peace WITH ANYBODY, including themselves?

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:20 PM
In case the distinction is completely lost on you, that was "murder" and not "picking on."

and what exactly do you think that led those guys to lose thier mind? maybe it was constantly being called fag and being stuffed into lockers?

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:21 PM
BTW Manning?

Is there any other?

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:22 PM

Perhaps you could enlighten us. Why is it that Muslims can't seem to live in peace WITH ANYBODY, including themselves?

like I said before the same thing could have been said about catholics about 100 years ago

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Is there any other? ROFL

Frazod
09-08-2004, 10:24 PM
like I said before the same thing could have been said about catholics about 100 years ago

And the Romans 2,000 years ago. BFD. That's not the point and you know it.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Umm... western cultures imposing their influence on them? Would you elect a muslim president? Why do you expect muslims to follow christian presidnets? I'm simplifying here, but you get the point.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Umm... western cultures imposing their influence on them? Would you elect a muslim president? Why do you expect muslims to follow christian presidnets? I'm simplifying here, but you get the point.

Oh, so it's whitey's fault. Lots of whites calling the shots in India, Malaysia and the PI.

Would I vote for a muslim president? Gee, I don't know. When one runs, I'll let you know.

And is LIVING IN PEACE exclusively a Christian precident?

And no, I don't get the point. As near as I could tell, you didn't have one.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
OK, let me explain. I'm sorry my point didn't make sense to you. A christian president was just an example there. White's are not the only Western culture anymore. Perhaps you've heard of such a term as "westernizing", like, for example, westernizing a nation. Like China and Japan, Malaysia and Indoneisa, like India... they are all either are or trying to become westernized under the influence of more developed countires. Hence....western culture being imposed on them.

Now, I know you would NOT follow a radical muslim leader, that was my whole goddamned point. Why do you want Muslims to follow those they don't like for the fact that they are IMPOSING their leadership on them, when you yourself would not?

Frazod
09-08-2004, 10:40 PM
OK, let me explain. I'm sorry my point didn't make sense to you. A christian president was just an example there. White's are not the only Western culture anymore. Perhaps you've heard of such a term as "westernizing", like, for example, westernizing a nation. Like China and Japan, Malaysia and Indoneisa, like India... they are all either are or trying to become westernized under the influence of more developed countires. Hence....western culture being imposed on them.

Now, I know you would NOT follow a radical muslim leader, that was my whole goddamned point. Why do you want Muslims to follow those they don't like for the fact that they are IMPOSING their leadership on them, when you yourself would not?

So how, exactly, do you define "westernizing," and why do you consider it to be so terrible?

Fanton
09-08-2004, 10:43 PM
LOL, see... I don't consider it terrible, I love it. I consider IMPOSING it terrible as it causes some silly people to flip out and do terrible things.

Westernize: to imbue with qualities native to or associated with a western region and especially the noncommunist countries of Europe and America.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:44 PM
and what exactly do you think that led those guys to lose thier mind? maybe it was constantly being called fag and being stuffed into lockers?

Why would you let someone off that easy?

There are THOUSANDS of young people that go through what you describe, who go on to be perfectly normal, productive members of society. If you could show some sort of correlation between that treatment and the incidence of extreme violence, that might carry some weight. You can't, though.

Assign responsibility where it belongs--to the ****ed up little trolls that did the deed. Hell, Bob Dole got the shit kicked out of him by 3 brothers in 1980 and there was a loaded .243 sitting in the car about 30 feet away. It never crossed Bob Dole's mind to ****ing shoot the assholes.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Bob Dole, I'm not gay, but I love you.

But I have to say, bullying was probaly the 60% of the reason those poor bastards shot those kids. 20% was probably SHIT parenting, 20% was having enough balls. Usually one of the 20%'s is missing and thus we don't see that shit happen all too often.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL, see... I don't consider it terrible, I love it. I consider IMPOSING it terrible as it causes some silly people to flip out and do terrible things.

Westernize: to imbue with qualities native to or associated with a western region and especially the noncommunist countries of Europe and America.

So what do you associate with "westernization"? Democracy? Is that a bad thing? Christianity? That certainly isn't the state, or even predominent, religion of any of the countries you mentioned. And I think you'd find well over a billion Chinese people who'd argue that western values haven't exactly caught on in China.

I'm glad you like westernization, but you earlier made it sound like some kind of disease that no Muslim can tolerate. And it still doesn't answer my initial question - why do these people get into it with everybody around them, no matter where they are?

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Bob Dole, I'm not gay, but I love you.

But I have to say, bullying was probaly the 60% of the reason those poor bastards shot those kids. 20% was probably SHIT parenting, 20% was having enough balls. Usually one of the 20%'s is missing and thus we don't see that shit happen all too often.

Bob Dole supposes that's the point.

Bullying may very well have been 60% of the problem in their screwed up little minds. The same bullying in a mind that wasn't screwed up would not have ended up with the same result.

The reason it happened is because they had no moral sense of right and wrong to govern their behavior. The sooner people stop making excuses for these phuqtards, the sooner the rest of us will be able to sleep well and stop wasting our time writing/saying shit that was trivially obvious 50 years ago.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I watched a documentary called "Death in Gaza" on HBO recently. It was about children growing up in a Gaza refugee camp. If you really want to get an idea of how these kids are conditioned to hate and kill, check it out.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 11:12 PM
OMFG, man. How does that not answer your question??? I don't want to offend you or anything, but it should be pretty clear by now. Why can't you understand that I'm not saying the concpet itslef is something bad and should be avoided? Like I said, I like democracy and western culture and it's values, but some people don't (Read - some muslims) and IMPOSING it upon them is what causes them to freak out and do the "terrorism thing".

How come you didn't like communists during the Cold War? Why didn't you become a communist? Why did United States and Russia almost nuke the f**k outta each other? Had the commies invaded and defeated US wouldn't you become a "freedom fighter"? To them you would be a terrorist, because in their minds communism is a good system, like to our minds western culture is. You would resist communism like muslims are now resisting western culture.

Now, saying that China is not a western culture is just plain stupid. Go to Beijing and ask them where you can find a MickeyD's. Ask them who Metallica, Eminem, Rambo, Terminator are. While you are at it, take a cab (a freaking Ford probably) and go to a 5 start Hilton. Oh and on your way don't forget to visit a church. Yeah the Catholic one.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I've seen 2 documentaries about Israel and Palestine, including that one. All on HBO also. United States supports Israel, connect the dots. That conflict is but a small fraction of where the terrorism comes form.

And Bob Dole, I partly agree with you. But I think they knew what they were doing was immoral and wrong. The bad thing is... it didn't matter to them.

BTW, frazod, just to make sure... I am not trying to offend you, I know I can word stuff pretty badly (previous experiences), but just so you know, I have nothing against you and I respect you as a debater of your opinion.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 11:18 PM

link?

stumppy
09-08-2004, 11:20 PM
link?

ROFL:clap:ROFL

Frazod
09-08-2004, 11:22 PM
OMFG, man. How does that not answer your question??? I don't want to offend you or anything, but it should be pretty clear by now. Why can't you understand that I'm not saying the concpet itslef is something bad and should be avoided? Like I said, I like democracy and western culture and it's values, but some people don't (Read - some muslims) and IMPOSING it upon them is what causes them to freak out and do the "terrorism thing".

How come you didn't like communists during the Cold War? Why didn't you become a communist? Why did United States and Russia almost nuke the f**k outta each other? Had the commies invaded and defeated US wouldn't you become a "freedom fighter"? To them you would be a terrorist, because in their minds communism is a good system, like to our minds western culture is. You would resist communism like muslims are now resisting western culture.

Now, saying that China is not a western culture is just plain stupid. Go to Beijing and ask them where you can find a MickeyD's. Ask them who Metallica, Eminem, Rambo, Terminator are. While you are at it, take a cab (a freaking Ford probably) and go to a 5 start Hilton. Oh and on your way don't forget to visit a church. Yeah the Catholic one.

I just don't think your catch-all answer works. These cultures simply aren't western. Big difference between western influences and western culture. And yes, I know there are western influences in China. Hop in your Ford taxi and take a drive outside Beijing or the other major cities and see how many McDonalds and Christian churches you come across.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I've seen 2 documentaries about Israel and Palestine, including that one. All on HBO also. United States supports Israel, connect the dots. That conflict is but a small fraction of where the terrorism comes form.

And Bob Dole, I partly agree with you. But I think they knew what they were doing was immoral and wrong. The bad thing is... it didn't matter to them.

BTW, frazod, just to make sure... I am not trying to offend you, I know I can word stuff pretty badly (previous experiences), but just so you know, I have nothing against you and I respect you as a debater of your opinion.
I'm not offended. I know you're new, but trust me, if I'm offended, you'll know. :D

And if you have me pegged for being one of the typical religious conservatives, you guessed extremely wrong on that one. I think for myself and question things - that's not going over too big these days.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah that's true... but the government resides in Beijing. And their other major cities are just as western. Hong Kong and Shanghai come to mind. That is one reason why some people don't like seeing their countries westernized, because it creates such a gap in their societies. The large hugely populated cities vs. the poor villages populated by the elderly.

I'm not saying that I'm an expert on muslim terrorism. I am just saying there ARE reasons why it's occuring, and it's not just because ALL muslims are savage and primitive people, like amny on this forum tend to believe.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM

Bob Dole probably could have phrased it better. The "to goverm their behavior" part was intended to indicate that they were missing that little "trigger" that most of us have that stops us from perhaps doing what we <b>want</b>, and leads us to do what we believe is not wrong. (Or at least not wrong to an extreme degree.)

Bob Dole's personal experience leads Bob Dole to believe that there are an ever increasing number of ****ed up folks out there, and it isn't due to anything other than the plethora of excuses that are continually provided for them by the rest of society. They're all victims, and Bob Dole is supposed to believe that his lack of compassion or his lack of understanding is somehow the root cause of their ****ed up behavior.

Bob Dole has done some pretty ****ed up things in his life, and Bob Dole took personal responsibility for those things, and moved on. Bob Dole expects no less from everyone else. If they are not capable of doing that, it's not Bob Dole's problem, and Bob Dole refuses to have any shame for saying that they need to either get their shit together and conform to social norms, or go the **** to jail/grave.

Fanton
09-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm not offended. I know you're new, but trust me, if I'm offended, you'll know. :D

And if you have me pegged for being one of the typical religious conservatives, you guessed extremely wrong on that one. I think for myself and question things - that's not going over too big these days.

Well, at first thats what I thought. The argument that muslims can't live peacefully anywhere was what gave me the idea initially. But I then saw I was wrong.

DenverChief
09-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Why would you let someone off that easy?

There are THOUSANDS of young people that go through what you describe, who go on to be perfectly normal, productive members of society. If you could show some sort of correlation between that treatment and the incidence of extreme violence, that might carry some weight. You can't, though.

Assign responsibility where it belongs--to the ****ed up little trolls that did the deed. Hell, Bob Dole got the shit kicked out of him by 3 brothers in 1980 and there was a loaded .243 sitting in the car about 30 feet away. It never crossed Bob Dole's mind to ****ing shoot the assholes.

I'm not forgiving what they did by one iota, I'm just looking into common factors that cause high school violence to be escalated, I knew a couple of people in HS that got stabbed (one with a pencil into the abdomen) becasue they picked on the wrong person for too long...these guys just so happened to have acess to guns...multilpe factors but one underlying cause if bullying

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 12:22 AM
I'm not forgiving what they did by one iota, I'm just looking into common factors that cause high school violence to be escalated, I knew a couple of people in HS that got stabbed (one with a pencil into the abdomen) becasue they picked on the wrong person for too long...these guys just so happened to have acess to guns...multilpe factors but one underlying cause if bullying

Which is exactly the problem with your "analysis."

Bob Dole got bullied for years. Thousands of other young men were (and still are) bullied for years. The majority of those people do NOT commit murder.

How can you possibly conclude that the bullying is the primary cause of the undesireable end result?

You're making ****ing excuses for unacceptable behaviors.

Fanton
09-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Much respect to both Bob Dole and DenverChief but
1. This thread is about terrorism
2. You both are right, just wording it differently

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Which is exactly the problem with your "analysis."

Bob Dole got bullied for years. Thousands of other young men were (and still are) bullied for years. The majority of those people do NOT commit murder.

How can you possibly conclude that the bullying is the primary cause of the undesireable end result?

You're making ****ing excuses for unacceptable behaviors.

i didn't say it was the primary cause, I said it was a common factor that could be elimnated from the equation with the presence of more than one cop on a part time basis at the schools....plus the fact the one cop is not going to stop ten armed islamic fanatics from taking over a school and killing everyone inside.....

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:40 AM
2. You both are right, just wording it differently :)

go bo
09-09-2004, 12:45 AM
i didn't say it was the primary cause, I said it was a common factor that could be elimnated from the equation with the presence of more than one cop on a part time basis at the schools....plus the fact the one cop is not going to stop ten armed islamic fanatics from taking over a school and killing everyone inside.....yeah, i think i heard on the news that the chechnyan terrorists had a gun battle with local police before they seized the school...

so even several policemen probably wouldn't slow 'em down too much...

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 12:48 AM
2. You both are right, just wording it differently

Terrorism isn't much different than the Columbine tragedy or any number of other events.

The problem isn't their parents, or that they were bullied, or that they had to wear Toughskin jeans when everyone else was wearing Levis, or that they were picked last for the team in gym class.

The problem is that they lack any fundamental recognition and/or "trigger" that prevents a normal human being from doing something that it horribly wrong.

And if you want to argue that it's a "cultural difference," Bob Dole will go ahead and jump out there and address that in advance.

Bob Dole doesn't agree with their "culture." Their "culture" wants to eliminate the culture to which Bob Dole has chosen to be a part of. THEY have made it an issue of "us or them," and THEY can suffer the consequences. And Bob Dole isn't going to lose a bit of sleep over it.

Fanton
Yeah, except it won't happen in the US:

1. Intelligence is far more superior
2. The take down would be a much smoother process in the US

DenverChief
yeah, i think i heard on the news that the chechnyan terrorists had a gun battle with local police before they seized the school...

so even several policemen probably wouldn't slow 'em down too much...

well I don't think that the ones here will be carrying AK's into the school, I could be wrong, (see columbine) but I had a more shotguns and handguns/home made bombs in mind....and besides our cops are better shots anyway :p

Fanton
09-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Here's where Bob Dole is wrong. We came to THEM, they didn't come to us. Had we never bothered Middle East, none of this would be happening.

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 12:51 AM
i didn't say it was the primary cause, I said it was a common factor that could be elimnated from the equation with the presence of more than one cop on a part time basis at the schools....plus the fact the one cop is not going to stop ten armed islamic fanatics from taking over a school and killing everyone inside.....

So you want to spend Bob Dole's tax dollars to address what you feel is a systemic secondary or tertiary problem instead of accepting the fact that <b>individuals</b> are responsible for their own behavior?

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Terrorism isn't much different than the Columbine tragedy or any number of other events.

The problem isn't their parents, or that they were bullied, or that they had to wear Toughskin jeans when everyone else was wearing Levis, or that they were picked last for the team in gym class.

The problem is that they lack any fundamental recognition and/or "trigger" that prevents a normal human being from doing something that it horribly wrong.

And if you want to argue that it's a "cultural difference," Bob Dole will go ahead and jump out there and address that in advance.

Bob Dole doesn't agree with their "culture." Their "culture" wants to eliminate the culture to which Bob Dole has chosen to be a part of. THEY have made it an issue of "us or them," and THEY can suffer the consequences. And Bob Dole isn't going to lose a bit of sleep over it.

I need to get past the argument of "one" thing being the trigger but I know that you can only push a person so far before they snap...that is not an excuse for their actions...but it should be a motivator to lok at the factors that caused it because even if 1 in 1 million snap and act out like they did its one too many( and we know the numbers are higher based upon the number of plots uncovered in the aftermath of Columbine)

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 12:53 AM
Here's where Bob Dole is wrong. We came to THEM, they didn't come to us. Had we never bothered Middle East, none of this would be happening.

Bob Dole has stated a number of times on this site that we screwed the pooch when we pushed for the creation of Israel.

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:53 AM
So you want to spend Bob Dole's tax dollars to address what you feel is a systemic secondary or tertiary problem instead of accepting the fact that <b>individuals</b> are responsible for their own behavior?

your tax dollars are gonna get spent at the begining or the end which would you prefer? spending it PREVENTING the problem or spending it in the after math to prosecute and incarcerate the guilty individuals? either way money is being spent IMO its cheaper to prevent than to clean up

Fanton
09-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Bob Dole has to realize it's not that simple. They are responsible for their actions, but if no one bullied them, they wouldn't have a reason to go on a ****ing rampage. Now, I agree that they were lacking that "trigger" to stop them from doing what they did. But once again, no love from anyone made them ****ed up in the head... the trigger went missing, BOOM.

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 01:03 AM
I need to get past the argument of "one" thing being the trigger but I know that you can only push a person so far before they snap...that is not an excuse for their actions...but it should be a motivator to lok at the factors that caused it because even if 1 in 1 million snap and act out like they did its one too many( and we know the numbers are higher based upon the number of plots uncovered in the aftermath of Columbine)

Bob Dole can't even make himself address that "1 in 1 million" stuff.

How about we deal with reality here? Bob Dole doesn't care if you take 100% of his ****ing income to create your mamby-pamby government programs, there will ALWAYS be someone who, for whatever reason, will make a personal choice to engage in unacceptable behavior.

At some point (perhaps NOW?), it becomes pointless to explore the possible reasons WHY, and just accept that it is wrong, and accept that you can't fix it.

Would you spend $10,000 to build a fence around your property and contain your $50 horse?

Bob Dole
09-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Bob Dole has to realize it's not that simple. They are responsible for their actions, but if no one bullied them, they wouldn't have a reason to go on a ****ing rampage.

Nope. It IS that simple.

The rampage was wrong. There is no acceptable reason for it.

Your attitude is simply validating the next phuqtard that decides it's okay to do something like that.

Fanton
09-09-2004, 01:05 AM
Hell, Bob Dole is right again. But I don't think he ever said there was nothing wrong with those nut jobs. There is a problem, some people can't get any, so they become crazed killers.

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Bob Dole can't even make himself address that "1 in 1 million" stuff.

How about we deal with reality here? Bob Dole doesn't care if you take 100% of his ****ing income to create your mamby-pamby government programs, there will ALWAYS be someone who, for whatever reason, will make a personal choice to engage in unacceptable behavior.

At some point (perhaps NOW?), it becomes pointless to explore the possible reasons WHY, and just accept that it is wrong, and accept that you can't fix it.

Would you spend $10,000 to build a fence around your property and contain your $50 horse?

so what your saying is we should have no cops because well people are gonna be bad anyway we might as well just wait till they do the deed and then punish them?

Call me silly but I'm a fan of prevention...and your analogy while amusing to me is misguided, it's more like building a $10,000 fence around a priceless horse

Fanton
09-09-2004, 01:08 AM
Nope. It IS that simple.

The rampage was wrong. There is no acceptable reason for it.

Your attitude is simply validating the next phuqtard that decides it's okay to do something like that.

Holy shit, when did I say it wasn't wrong? Those people were ****ed up. Why? They were bullied, unloved, and had no hope for their future. Add the fact that they were carzy and you get yourself a rampage.

go bo
09-09-2004, 01:12 AM
so what your saying is we should have no cops because well people are gonna be bad anyway we might as well just wait till they do the deed and then punish them?

Call me silly but I'm a fan of prevention...and your analogy while amusing to me is misguided, it's more like building a $10,000 fence around a priceless horseok, you're silly!! :p :p :p

ChiefJustice
09-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah, except it won't happen in the US:

1. Intelligence is far more superior
2. The take down would be a much smoother process in the US

Yeah...Waco went pretty smoothly. :shake:

CHIEF4EVER
09-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Bob Dole has to realize it's not that simple. They are responsible for their actions, but if no one bullied them, they wouldn't have a reason to go on a ****ing rampage. Now, I agree that they were lacking that "trigger" to stop them from doing what they did. But once again, no love from anyone made them ****ed up in the head... the trigger went missing, BOOM.

What these people did was calculated and they selected Islam as a crutch for why they committed these acts. What most people fail to realize is this - their own Qu'ran forbids them from making war on innocents such as women and children. Therefore, they are not REALLY true Muslims or they would follow their holy book to the letter. The problem with these clowns (and any other clowns who kill/maim/terrorize in the name of Islam) is that they (1) - Use their "religion" to identify themselves as a group (although the members of these groups are about as religious as a car bumper) thus giving them a cause to "defend", (2) - The nutjobs then proceed to take one or two lines from said holy book and decide that it is the doctrine of their religion (which conveniently gives them justification for their actions in their own warped little minds), and (3) - they then proceed to play themselves out as the victims for the media to further justify their actions. Bottom line is THESE ARE ASOCIAL TURDPILES WHO ARE MAKING UP EXCUSES FOR WHY THEY ARE INSECTS. You don't deal with cockroaches by feeding them and hoping they will go away, you call the Orkin man.

Fanton
09-09-2004, 10:48 AM
That post of mine you qouted was referring to Columbine. Sorry for the confusion, but there were 2 conversations going on at the same time.

And I agree with 90% of what you said there.

KCWolfman
09-09-2004, 11:55 AM

Call me silly but I'm a fan of prevention...and your analogy while amusing to me is misguided, it's more like building a $10,000 fence around a priceless horse
Cops? You are calling the UN cops?

Damn, if they are cops, they have been on the take for decades and are no better than the thieves they steal from.

Raiderhater
09-09-2004, 01:14 PM

WTF did I do?

Raiderhater
09-09-2004, 01:15 PM

If that is what you really want to believe, knock yourself out.....

Raiderhater
09-09-2004, 01:18 PM

Well, this is slightly better, but still not the crux of the problem.

Raiderhater
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM

I am going to have to disagree with the distinguished senator from Kansas. It is the nature of every human to do what we want. We are born selfish. The "trigger" that you are talking about is something that has to be instilled in us. That is supposed to be the job of the parents. That is why parents are all too often the problem. Now I will not say they are always the problem, but I would wager that the vast majority of the time that is the case.

On another note, the last paragraph gets :thumb: :thumb:.

Fanton
09-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Dank, that's a good point raiderhader. Wish I had thought of it.

And for the last time poeple, this argument is NOW about Columbine. No one is comparing cops to the UN.

Raiderhater
09-09-2004, 03:26 PM
Dank, that's a good point raiderhader. Wish I had thought of it.

It is a damn fine point. However, it in no way validates your opinion on the matter. The parents and the kids who did the killing are the ones who are responsible. The bullying aspect is but an excuse, and a piss poor one at that. In this I do agree with Dole. Infact I agree with everything he has said except the ignoring of the role parents play.

Mark M
09-10-2004, 07:03 AM
I am going to have to disagree with the distinguished senator from Kansas. It is the nature of every human to do what we want. We are born selfish. The "trigger" that you are talking about is something that has to be instilled in us. That is supposed to be the job of the parents. That is why parents are all too often the problem. Now I will not say they are always the problem, but I would wager that the vast majority of the time that is the case.

On another note, the last paragraph gets :thumb: :thumb:.

I brought this point up about Columbine a while back and had several people try to blast me for it (most notably, First Down Elvis).

As a parent, it is my responsibility to teach my kids right from wrong, as well as to know what is happening in their lives. Not doing so is irresponsible and creates situations where kids learn what to do from gawd knows where. I'm not trying to blame movies, music, TV, video games or anything like that, because 99% of kids know the difference between entertainment and real life.

But to completely dismiss the role that parents play -- or, in some cases, don't play -- is ignoring a huge factor/reason of why some of this stuff happens.

Just my opinion, of course.

MM
~~:shrug:

Raiderhater
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I brought this point up about Columbine a while back and had several people try to blast me for it (most notably, First Down Elvis).

As a parent, it is my responsibility to teach my kids right from wrong, as well as to know what is happening in their lives. Not doing so is irresponsible and creates situations where kids learn what to do from gawd knows where. I'm not trying to blame movies, music, TV, video games or anything like that, because 99% of kids know the difference between entertainment and real life.

But to completely dismiss the role that parents play -- or, in some cases, don't play -- is ignoring a huge factor/reason of why some of this stuff happens.

Just my opinion, of course.

MM
~~:shrug:

I'm not sure that I agree with that. If a kid grows up playing violent video games where he/she goes around shooting anything and everything the difference between reality and fantasy can become blurred. Hell, it can happen to adults. Need I pull up the Vice thread where several people admitted to wanting to run through red lights just because they were used to doing it in the game? Imagine how much more so this affects impressionable children.

But, it does still come back to the parents. Are you as a parent allowing you child to play those games and watch those movies? Hopefully only after they have reached a certain age and you have instilled in them a basic understanding of right and wrong, and fantasy and reality.

So aside from that little caveat, I agree 100% with what you said. And for your new son's sake, I'm glad you see it that way.

Pants
09-10-2004, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure that I agree with that. If a kid grows up playing violent video games where he/she goes around shooting anything and everything the difference between reality and fantasy can become blurred. Hell, it can happen to adults. Need I pull up the Vice thread where several people admitted to wanting to run through red lights just because they were used to doing it in the game? Imagine how much more so this affects impressionable children.

But, it does still come back to the parents. Are you as a parent allowing you child to play those games and watch those movies? Hopefully only after they have reached a certain age and you have instilled in them a basic understanding of right and wrong, and fantasy and reality.

So aside from that little caveat, I agree 100% with what you said. And for your new son's sake, I'm glad you see it that way.

Man, those people need to seek help then. I hate when poeple blame video games and TV/Hollywood on some of this bullshit some retards do. It's just an easy scapegoat to place the responsibility away from the parents and the kids. I've played A LOT of video games, and have NEVER in my mind considered doing anything like hurting anybody for fun or any other reason.
Of course, I do have, what in my opinion are as close as they can get to being, perfect parents.

Raiderhater
09-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Man, those people need to seek help then. I hate when poeple blame video games and TV/Hollywood on some of this bullshit some retards do. It's just an easy scapegoat to place the responsibility away from the parents and the kids. I've played A LOT of video games, and have NEVER in my mind considered doing anything like hurting anybody for fun or any other reason.
Of course, I do have, what in my opinion are as close as they can get to being, perfect parents.

Maybe you're just special, Sparky. VC had the same effect on me at times when I had been playing a lot of it.

Media can and does have an affect on people, but that by no means gives the parents a free pass.

David.
09-10-2004, 02:20 PM
people who blame video games on crimes are living in a dream world.

KC Kings
09-10-2004, 02:25 PM
What these people did was calculated and they selected Islam as a crutch for why they committed these acts. What most people fail to realize is this - their own Qu'ran forbids them from making war on innocents such as women and children. Therefore, they are not REALLY true Muslims or they would follow their holy book to the letter.

You are completely incorrect. Muhammad ordered his followers to ride into villages, kill women and children, and behead the men. The Muslim religion teaches their followers to convert the infidels, (non-believers), or kill them.

I had a supervisor that taught classes on the Muslim religion at KU, and told me how peaceful of a religion it was. After Sept 11th, I decided to read a couple of books on the subject. Islam and Terrorism by Mark Gabriel is a great book written by a former Muslim professor. The Muslim religion is only peaceful towards other Muslims, and it is completely violent and a religion full of hatred. You can kill hundreds of Russian children as long as they are infidels.

Don’t make the mistake I did and assume only the radicals find ways to interpret the Muslin religion to support their terrorist habits.

Pants
09-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I tried getting 100% completion on VC twice (a lot of playing) got close to 70% and gave up everytime. I don't know but I never thought about running a red light. The game did not take away the self-preservation hard wiring in me.

Like I said, video games are just an easy scapegoat. I also understand some of these older politicians arguing because it's something new and unfamiliar to them. Besides, kids are not supposed to get violent games anyway. There's a rating, just like the movies.

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Bill Bennett, on his radio program this morning, said that the Russians will do well in a war against terrorist because they don't have a problem with taking casualties. They have a history of taking huge casualties of their soldiers in order to win battles. This seems terrible, but it works. He wasn't trying to be funny. He was just stating a fact. He said that the Russians will use tactics that we politically can't use. That's fine with me.
IOW, they haven't become pussyfied yet with soccer moms and metrosexuals.

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Dense, you can worry about Israel, the first time they start blowing up buildings and children in the US, Russia, our embassies, navy ships, marine Barracks.........Israel doesn't fug with anyone that isn't fuggin with them.

Curse the US military all you want DenseCo......but the Russians would have obliterated the Shrine Al Sadr and his boyfriends were hiding in in the time it would have taken me to finish this cool can of soda.......Falluja, Najef, Tikrit, Mosul, Balad and Sadr City would have alot of new available building space by now also.
Which is starting to piss me off :mad: Why the fug hasn't Bush had the bawls to pull the trigger?

Be glad I am not president.

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:53 PM

To have this in the same sentance is contradictory.

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:55 PM

As far as I am concerned WWIII is and has been ON since 9/11/2001.

What will it take to make the rest of you see it?

Fairplay
09-10-2004, 02:55 PM
people who blame video games on crimes are living in a dream world.

You mean there really isn't a Mario?

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Exactly....but I think the point Jaz is trying to make is that Bush set the precedent for "defending the homeland" and its not a good precedent IMO
The President swore and oath to Protect and defend. Do you understand how assinine your post is?

Fairplay
09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I hope the Russians play hardball.

Maybe Chris Matthews will interview them as well.

Calcountry
09-10-2004, 02:59 PM
who cares,till they call my number.Im going to do what i been doin'.
Bunch of ****in chicken littles.
The lines were drawn long ago boys,i know what side im on.
And once again those who feel safe to flap there gums in a time of relative stability,wont feel so fu(king safe when all out war kicks off.
The first hit, the Patriots flew their flags, the Second hit, the left wingers will fly their flags, cause by God I will take my fat 40 year old ass over there and kill or be killed before I turn my country over to my kids who aren't safe in their schools for fear of some Islamo COCKROACH trying to spread their malignancy here.

Raiderhater
09-10-2004, 03:26 PM
I tried getting 100% completion on VC twice (a lot of playing) got close to 70% and gave up everytime. I don't know but I never thought about running a red light. The game did not take away the self-preservation hard wiring in me.

Like I said, video games are just an easy scapegoat. I also understand some of these older politicians arguing because it's something new and unfamiliar to them. Besides, kids are not supposed to get violent games anyway. There's a rating, just like the movies.

And that is why parents do not get a free pass.

memyselfI
09-10-2004, 04:26 PM
You are completely incorrect. Muhammad ordered his followers to ride into villages, kill women and children, and behead the men. The Muslim religion teaches their followers to convert the infidels, (non-believers), or kill them.

I had a supervisor that taught classes on the Muslim religion at KU, and told me how peaceful of a religion it was. After Sept 11th, I decided to read a couple of books on the subject. Islam and Terrorism by Mark Gabriel is a great book written by a former Muslim professor. The Muslim religion is only peaceful towards other Muslims, and it is completely violent and a religion full of hatred. You can kill hundreds of Russian children as long as they are infidels.

Don’t make the mistake I did and assume only the radicals find ways to interpret the Muslin religion to support their terrorist habits.

This is completely insane. Christianity (especially Catholicism) has an equally long, bloody, and gory history of violence over the years. Yet we don't write it off as being a religion of or for savages. It too has been a religion that has been hi-jacked for political purposes.

Face it, the Islam dilemma will be around for awhile and the reasons are two fold. On the one hand the fundamentalists element are violent and are hijacking the religion for POLITICAL purposes. And the other is that Islam is one of the, if not the, FASTEST GROWING RELIGIONS IN THE UNITED STATES.

At some point this country will have to resolve themselves to the fact that the religion itself is NOT the problem or they will have to supress the religion within the US believing that it is...