PDA

View Full Version : need some fantasy trade opinions

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:26 PM
One of the fellows in my league is in Florida, and was forced to autodraft. He ended up with great receivers (Moss, Moulds, Toomer) but short at RB (Faulk, Bennett, Dunn, E. Smith). He's offered up Randy Moss for a starting RB. Now, I don't normally make trades, but I happen to be short a #1 receiver (J. Smith, Burress, R. Smith) and not too bad at RB (Taylor, Barlow, Martin).

My first impulse is to offer a swap as beneficial to us both as I can, something along the lines of Moss and Bennett for Smith and Taylor/Barlow. That way he loses Moss but gains a #2/#3 receiver to fill his spot in addition to the RB he wants, while I lose one of my top two backs but gain a #1 WR and a player to potentially plug in down the road.

Thoughts? I wouldn't normally ask, but I can probably count the number of serious fantasy trades I've been involved with over the years on one hand. Or one finger. And I don't want to do something stupid. But I'd like to make an offer quickly, if I'm going to make one...

Thanks for any input.

HolmeZz
09-08-2004, 03:28 PM
He'd be stupid to give away Randy for any of your RBs. :p

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Possibly. But his words: "Moss is up for trade for any RB that actually starts and has the potential of playing the whole season!"

BigRedChief
09-08-2004, 03:30 PM
As much as I hat the guy if you can get Moss...go for it.

jAZ
09-08-2004, 03:32 PM
Are you confident that Bennett will be back and a #1 RB this season?

jspchief
09-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Do it. Now. Your idea of packaging to get Bennett is nice, if he'll let you do it. Otherwise, any of your starting RBs aren't as valuable as Moss, so give him who he wants straight up.

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Are you confident that Bennett will be back and a #1 RB this season?It would be a risk. I'd still have two starters between whoever I don't trade between Barlow and Taylor and Martin.

Which does raise a valid question: is the (probably huge) gain at WR worth the hit at RB. I'd tend to think it is, since Moss would give me a superstar my roster doesn't have now (thanks to drafting dead last...).

DaKCMan AP
09-08-2004, 03:36 PM
You can try, but I'm sure he'll either a) get a better offer or b) reject yours. Its worth a shot, but if I had Moss my RB demands would be limited to Priest, LaDanian, Ahman, and Alexander.

stumppy
09-08-2004, 03:37 PM
I'd offer him either Barlow or Martin first. He may go for it if he's as desparate as you say. If he does'nt, then offer the 2 for 2 player deal.

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:38 PM
You can try, but I'm sure he'll either a) get a better offer or b) reject yours. Its worth a shot, but if I had Moss my RB demands would be limited to Priest, LaDanian, Ahman, and Alexander.That's my guess, too. As in I expect he'll get a better offer. But he's still got some problems getting online, so there's an outside shot I could catch him at the right time. Or the wrong time, as the weatherman says.

Yes, I'm a bastard.

KevB
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
Who's your 4th back right now?

I'd offer Barlow and Rod Smith for Moss and Bennett. You lose some at RB, but your WRs will be stacked.

If you wanted to be sly, offer him Martin and J. Smith for Moss and Bennett. He gets a solid everydown back and a #2 WR.....who knows, maybe he'll go for it.

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:39 PM
I'd offer him either Barlow or Martin first. He may go for it if he's as desparate as you say. If he does'nt, then offer the 2 for 2 player deal.I think I'd be wasting my time doing that. I don't want to insult the guy (and I know I'd be insulted if I got that offer).

BigVE
09-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Go for it...if you can get Moss for what you offered it will be a steal.

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Who's your 4th back right now?My fourth back probably isn't going to see the field this year. Chris Perry. I drafted him only as a possible keeper for 2005.

Hoover
09-08-2004, 03:49 PM
One of the fellows in my league is in Florida, and was forced to autodraft. He ended up with great receivers (Moss, Moulds, Toomer) but short at RB (Faulk, Bennett, Dunn, E. Smith). He's offered up Randy Moss for a starting RB. Now, I don't normally make trades, but I happen to be short a #1 receiver (J. Smith, Burress, R. Smith) and not too bad at RB (Taylor, Barlow, Martin).

My first impulse is to offer a swap as beneficial to us both as I can, something along the lines of Moss and Bennett for Smith and Taylor/Barlow. That way he loses Moss but gains a #2/#3 receiver to fill his spot in addition to the RB he wants, while I lose one of my top two backs but gain a #1 WR and a player to potentially plug in down the road.

Thoughts? I wouldn't normally ask, but I can probably count the number of serious fantasy trades I've been involved with over the years on one hand. Or one finger. And I don't want to do something stupid. But I'd like to make an offer quickly, if I'm going to make one...

Thanks for any input.
First off let me say its nice to see a guy looking at what another team needs. A trade should help both teams.

I would try to trade Barlow and a WR for Moss and bennett

chop
09-08-2004, 03:50 PM
You don't want Moss and Bennett (same team). If you can get Moss with any of your RB's I would do it.

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, I made an offer. I don't expect it'll go, but there's no chance at all if I don't try.

Thanks again for the advice.

jAZ
09-08-2004, 04:26 PM
It would be a risk. I'd still have two starters between whoever I don't trade between Barlow and Taylor and Martin.

Which does raise a valid question: is the (probably huge) gain at WR worth the hit at RB. I'd tend to think it is, since Moss would give me a superstar my roster doesn't have now (thanks to drafting dead last...).
If you could pull it off for Martin instead of Barlow/Taylor, I'd do it.