PDA

View Full Version : Belated "rate my ffl team" thread

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I was busy all weekend, and finished the draft just as it was time for me to leave the Senator's place to go set up for the weekend bash. So this thread is a little late.

This is, IMO, the best draft I have ever had. Not saying a whole lot since this is only my thrid year....

QB - McNair, Harrington

RB - Alexander, Staley, Foster, Betts

WR - Holt, K. Robinson, Stallworth, Roy Williams

TE - Pollard

K - Kasay

DL - Rice, Urlacher, Suggs, Bailey, Rucker

DB - Newman, Bly, Samuel

Harrington is a bit of a gamble at this point, but otherwise I feel pretty comfortable with what I have. Thoughts?

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
Looks pretty good jamie......

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Looks pretty good jamie......

I haven't even had a chance to check out your's or anyone else's in the league. I remember thinking that Red was having a hell of a draft though....

keg in kc
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
Not bad. And nomatter what your team looks like, it could be worse. Believe me, I know.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 04:22 PM
I haven't even had a chance to check out your's or anyone else's in the league. I remember thinking that Red was having a hell of a draft though....

Yeah she did.........fuggin 1st time b!tch.....

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Not bad. And nomatter what your team looks like, it could be worse. Believe me, I know.

Oh I know this as well. You should have seen me my first year, I had no idea what I was doing. Very first pick of the draft and I take Gonzo. :shake:

I've come a ways since then. :D

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah she did.........fuggin 1st time b!tch.....

I just got done glancing over the other teams, and she did very well for her first time.

With the exception of your RB situation, I like your team as well.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 04:43 PM
I just got done glancing over the other teams, and she did very well for her first time.

With the exception of your RB situation, I like your team as well.

I'll tell ya why I like my backs.......I got George & Jones, those two will be the bulk of Dallas's RB.

morphius
09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I think a bunch of people put together some pretty good teams in that league. I'm pretty happy with my Bugeaters draft, I will just have to see how it plays out. Even had enough space left to make some homer pics.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I'll tell ya why I like my backs.......I got George & Jones, those two will be the bulk of Dallas's RB.

I just don't see George being a big yardage producer. Maybe that will change in the system, but I am not sure.

Edge is a gamble as well, who the hell knows what he is going to do this year.....

JMO

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 04:58 PM
I just don't see George being a big yardage producer. Maybe that will change in the system, but I am not sure.

Edge is a gamble as well, who the hell knows what he is going to do this year.....

JMO

That's why I wanted Jones to piggyback with him. And Edge I agree but he was the available when I picked him.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
I think a bunch of people put together some pretty good teams in that league. I'm pretty happy with my Bugeaters draft, I will just have to see how it plays out. Even had enough space left to make some homer pics.

I agree, I also like playing D players in atleast one league, they can make a difference with weak Offensive players

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:01 PM
jamie I like the pick of Urlacher (sp) I can't believe I forgot about him.... :banghead:

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
That's why I wanted Jones to piggyback with him. And Edge I agree but he was the available when I picked him.

It may very well pay off for you, only time will tell.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:06 PM
It may very well pay off for you, only time will tell.

I hope so. And if Jone replaces George, I'll dump him. I need another DB at some point in time.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
jamie I like the pick of Urlacher (sp) I can't believe I forgot about him.... :banghead:

I was shocked to see that he had not been taken. I think he was my second or maybe third DL pick (Rice was first, he did well for me last year). Actually, I like all of my DL picks.

BTW, did anyone else have a problem with the draft board freezing on them? It was happening to me with GREAT frequency.

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
I agree, I also like playing D players in atleast one league, they can make a difference with weak Offensive players
Yeah, I like it as well. Now if some stupid bastard would have got up on time and noticed that he had to draft D instead of being about 5 players in going, "ooohhh damn" and running like mad to find any sites that had D players rated.

After looking a bit closer I think there are two teams I don't think I like their draft Hyenas and Nancy Boys(RB's).

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I was shocked to see that he had not been taken. I think he was my second or maybe third DL pick (Rice was first, he did well for me last year). Actually, I like all of my DL picks.

BTW, did anyone else have a problem with the draft board freezing on them? It was happening to me with GREAT frequency.
I never had that problem at all, and I'm running Firefox.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:18 PM

I got fixated and got Lewis/Arrington then I forgot about him. I got Donnie Edward who was rated real high because of tackles, I'd rather have had Urlacher.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I like it as well. Now if some stupid bastard would have got up on time and noticed that he had to draft D instead of being about 5 players in going, "ooohhh damn" and running like mad to find any sites that had D players rated.

After looking a bit closer I think there are two teams I don't think I like their draft Hyenas and Nancy Boys(RB's).

ROFL

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:19 PM
I never had that problem at all, and I'm running Firefox.

I'm running Safari, and I wasn't using dial up for once. The clock would be ticking and when it got to zero would just sit there. I had to close the window and open it back up.

That made it difficult to stay on top of things.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm running Safari, and I wasn't using dial up for once. The clock would be ticking and when it got to zero would just sit there. I had to close the window and open it back up.

That made it difficult to stay on top of things.

Talk about panic mode.......Well guys I'm off to draft......I love drafting.......

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
My kid has the 2nd pick.....Any ideas...????

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Vanderjagt :D

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:24 PM
Talk about panic mode.......Well guys I'm off to draft......I love drafting.......

You ain't kiddin'.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Vanderjagt :D

ROFL ............I think it'll be A.Green

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:25 PM

LT, Alexander, or Moss (assuming Priest is gone).

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:26 PM
ROFL ............I think it'll be A.Green

Fumbles too much.

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:27 PM
Where either of you in the league, I think last year, where gaz didn't make the live draft and had something stupid like 4 kickers?

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:27 PM
LT, Alexander, or Moss (assuming Priest is gone).

I like alexander......I'd like Portis except for going to DC

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
I would take Portis in my sleep...

Oh wait, I did.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Fumbles too much.

Actually, that is the one problem I had with Red's draft, she picked Green and Barber. They had 11 lost fumbles between them last year. That is way too many in my book.

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Honestly, I think I would go LT.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:29 PM
Where either of you in the league, I think last year, where gaz didn't make the live draft and had something stupid like 4 kickers?

No, but thanks for sharing that. ROFL

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:32 PM

I like Alexander as well. I also like LT, but that is a slight gamble because he is playing for Marty, and there is no telling if Schott will find a way to screw things up in that department.

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I like Alexander as well. I also like LT, but that is a slight gamble because he is playing for Marty, and there is no telling if Schott will find a way to screw things up in that department.

He got Alexander,Chad Johnson, Trent green 16 teams.......

morphius
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Solid core.

Raiderhater
09-08-2004, 05:42 PM

Not bad.

TEX
09-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Um...My team is way BETTER! :)