PDA

View Full Version : Does your S/O watch football with you and or

Nzoner
09-08-2004, 07:27 PM
care how much football you watch?

I've met guys that have told me numerous things,they get to watch one game per week,they barely get to watch any games,their S/O watches more than they do,they watch and enjoy the games together,etc.

Which one are you?

Saulbadguy
09-08-2004, 07:30 PM
She goes to all the K-State games with me :) and she enjoys watching Chiefs games.

Anything else is kind of a stretch..she'll watch, but I can tell she is bored.

TheNextStep
09-08-2004, 07:33 PM
My wife has absolutely no use for what she calls "dumb ol' football." She doesn't understand the rules, can't follow the action, and doesn't see what I get so excited about...

...but...

She does know that I love it and she's completely cool with that. Sundays are mine. When we first got together, I was a sports junkie - Any college game, I was watching. Any pro game, count me in. An NBA game, I'll be on the couch. And, of course, I had to watch SportsCenter twice a night...

As you might imagine, it didn't go over too well and I've cut back substantially on that... but not on Sundays!

I do, however, watch the games with my soon-to-be-4-year-old. He doesn't know what the heck he's yelling about just yet, but he knows he loves it when we both start yelling!

Bowser
09-08-2004, 07:34 PM
It's funny, but every girl I dated were huge sports fans, and some even had season tickets. But the one I married doesn't get how I can be so into football or the Chiefs, and loses her nerve at the fact that I watch all the pre-game and post-game shows.

So everybody feel free to boo her when I bring her to the St. Joe party! :thumb:

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
My wife is why I'm aChiefs fan.......Well her and Derrick Thomas

POPpystar
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
We both watch games (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday...whenever they are on)... we are both in a FFL .... and in pools.... So, I guess we both enjoy football. We play football with the kids in the front yard. And yes, the youngest has thrown spirals since she was five!!!!!

aawwww....FOOTBALL

Inspector
09-08-2004, 07:47 PM
My 'significant other' stays away on football Sundays because my wife is hanging around.

The Bad Guy
09-08-2004, 07:47 PM
My girlfriend hated sports when we first started dating, now she loves them.

She's even paid for me and her go to fly out to Arrowhead last January for the Colts game.

She watches just about every game with me.

I was proud when at the end of the Bengals game when Kitna, Johnson and Warrick were dancing on the sideline, she stood up and yelled "FVCK you, FVCK you, and FVCK you" at the screen.

She was almost as mad as I was.

KCWolfman
09-08-2004, 07:48 PM
She watches the Chiefs and the MNF game, but nothing else.

However, I have never heard her complain once in 8 years for how much I watch.

Nzoner
09-08-2004, 07:51 PM
But the one I married doesn't get how I can be so into football or the Chiefs, and loses her nerve at the fact that I watch all the pre-game and post-game shows.

So everybody feel free to boo her when I bring her to the St. Joe party! :thumb:

Oh she's gonna love the gameroom,as one of my friends' wives once commented to Mrs Nzoner,"I can't believe you let him get all these tv's.":rolleyes:

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 07:52 PM
We play football with the kids in the front yard. And yes, the youngest has thrown spirals since she was five!!!!!

I took my boys out to play today. The youngest (6) can catch pretty well, but can't throw. The oldest (7) throws a nice tight spiral, but can't catch a cold. We're gonna have to work on that.
:harumph: We have another "practice" scheduled for 4pm tomorrow. :p

tk13
09-08-2004, 07:57 PM
I took my boys out to play today. The youngest (6) can catch pretty well, but can't throw. The oldest (7) throws a nice tight spiral, but can't catch a cold. We're gonna have to work on that.
Go get 'em coach. Do you wear yellow tinted glasses and tell them to tear their sleeves off?

Nzoner
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
we are both in a FFL ..

Same league together?

Mrs Nzoner and I play in a league together and oh hell can it get interesting the weeks we play each other,however,we now make side bets that can be very enjoyable.

shakesthecat
09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Ever since we started dating, my wife always tried to understand what Chiefs football meant to me.
Sundays filled with beer, food, and football. She always liked a good party, so it wasn't a big reach.

And then in Dec. 93, I took her to her 1st game at Arrowhead. And for the first time, she became a fan, and not just because I was.
The Chiefs lost to the friggin Colts that day, and it was -5 outside.
She never complained once.

I'm lucky.
And she's got a nice rack. :)

Frazod
09-08-2004, 07:59 PM
My wife is an avid baseball fan and doesn't like football. She does, however, understand how I feel about football and doesn't bother me when I'm watching it.

Even if she didn't, she'd have long since learned not to bother me when I'm watching it. As you might imagine, when I'm in my home (and therefore don't have to be on good behaviour) watching football, I'm not exactly pleasant to be around. She wisely leaves me the hell alone.

So do the neighbors. :grr:

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I'm lucky.

Do you have any pics of her in that -5 degree game?

(Don't look at me like that. Someone had to say it.)

CHIEF4EVER
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
My wonderful wife doesn't know the names of the players but roots for em' anyway. It just don't get better than that.

POPpystar
09-08-2004, 08:02 PM

We tease the youngest, now 8, that she will take over for Trent Green. Last year we went to a game, and she caught the attention of a bunch of tailgaters. They couldn't beleive it was a little girl behind that throw.

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Go get 'em coach. Do you wear yellow tinted glasses and tell them to tear their sleeves off? Heh. I kept tellin' the oldest boy not to be afraid of the ball. (he kept closing his eyes and turning his head) So.. as luck would have it, the next ball hit him square in the nose. Not hard enough to make it bleed, but I'm sure it hurt. I was a little Gunther-esque at that point. I told him, "You're fine, you're fine. Suck it up... you can't be cryin' if you wanna learn to play football." He says... "I wasn't gonna cry, dad. :mad:"

ChiefsCountry
09-08-2004, 08:04 PM

Why let the one be a QB and other WR. That could be ol Mizzou's future QB and WR combo.

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Why let the one be a QB and other WR. That could be ol Mizzou's future QB and WR combo. I like the sound of that. :D

shakesthecat
09-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Do you have any pics of her in that -5 degree game?

(Don't look at me like that. Someone had to say it.)

I know I've got some of it on video. I'll break it out if you ever stop by.

But it was FRIGGIN -5 below!
I think the wind chill was around -35 below.
It's not she was standing around in swimwear.

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 08:07 PM
I know I've got some of it on video. I'll break it out if you ever stop by.
It's not she was standing around in swimwear.

ROFL Good point.

Stop by? You live close to me in Waterloo?

POPpystar
09-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Same league together?

Mrs Nzoner and I play in a league together and oh hell can it get interesting the weeks we play each other,however,we now make side bets that can be very enjoyable.

This is our first year doing this. I'm not sure what this will bring about. We both want to win!!!! I might look into the idea of side bets. :thumb:

JazzzLovr
09-08-2004, 08:10 PM
My wife is an avid baseball fan and doesn't like football. She does, however, understand how I feel about football and doesn't bother me when I'm watching it.

Even if she didn't, she'd have long since learned not to bother me when I'm watching it. As you might imagine, when I'm in my home (and therefore don't have to be on good behaviour) watching football, I'm not exactly pleasant to be around. She wisely leaves me the hell alone.

:hmmm: What exactly does watching football at home have to do with that?

:D

shakesthecat
09-08-2004, 08:10 PM
ROFL Good point.

Stop by? You live close to me in Waterloo?

Outside Dez Moinez.

I used to post open party invites on the Planet years ago.
Then guys like chiefhusker, ptlyon and Iowanian showed up.

Never again. :cuss:

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
I can top this......My S/O got the tickets and sat through last years dungver game with Brad & Frazod.........Quite a gal.....

shakesthecat
09-08-2004, 08:11 PM
I can top this......My S/O got the tickets and sat through last years dungver game with Brad & Frazod.........Quite a gal.....

You win.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 08:12 PM
You win.

ROFL

Bastards!

Nzoner
Heh. I kept tellin' the oldest boy not to be afraid of the ball. (he kept closing his eyes and turning his head) So.. as luck would have it, the next ball hit him square in the nose. Not hard enough to make it bleed, but I'm sure it hurt. I was a little Gunther-esque at that point. I told him, "You're fine, you're fine. Suck it up... you can't be cryin' if you wanna learn to play football." He says... "I wasn't gonna cry, dad. :mad:"

Ya know I can hear him saying that too.

Give him a few years and some steady Gunther-esque coaching and I think ya might have a helluva linebacker there.:thumb:

Inspector
Ever since we started dating, my wife always tried to understand what Chiefs football meant to me.
Sundays filled with beer, food, and football. She always liked a good party, so it wasn't a big reach.

And then in Dec. 93, I took her to her 1st game at Arrowhead. And for the first time, she became a fan, and not just because I was.
The Chiefs lost to the friggin Colts that day, and it was -5 outside.
She never complained once.

I'm lucky.
Congrats!

....on the rack thing.....

LVNHACK
09-08-2004, 08:14 PM
You win.

Yeah but they didn't leave with her........... :sulk:

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Both of Bob Dole's dogs watch everything but the KC games with him, and they place no limit on how many games Bob Dole can watch each week.

shakesthecat
09-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Congrats!

....on the rack thing.....

There's a rumor a newly purchased Chiefs string tank-top, may make it's public debut at the Chiefs vs Panthers game.

So I don't care who you gotta pray to, but pray for warm weather that day.

Skip Towne
09-08-2004, 08:22 PM

So, too, does everybody else within a 12 mile radius.

Frazod
09-08-2004, 08:23 PM
So, too, does everybody else within a 12 mile radius.

Damned right.... :#

:)

Phobia
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
There's a rumor a newly purchased Chiefs string tank-top, may make it's public debut at the Chiefs vs Panthers game.

Sweet! I'll be there.... with my camera crew.

My S/O likes football, but she's only good for about a game 1/2 on Sundays and sometimes turns in before MNF is over. She never gives me any shit about how much football I watch, so I married her.

Skip Towne
09-08-2004, 08:29 PM
I like the sound of that. :D
On a related note, Rashaun Woods' little brothers are both now starting for Oklahoma State. One is the starting QB and the other a starting WR. And they hook up a lot. On a side note, I saw Gary Busey on the OSU sideline during the UCLA game.

Nzoner
09-08-2004, 08:29 PM

A slight chill in the breeze every so often wouldn't hurt either.

Hydrae
09-08-2004, 08:30 PM
My S/O doesn't really care for football but understands that Sundays and Monday nights are all about football. In return, I only go out to the bar if the Chiefs are not on local television. Otherwise the whole family gets to listen to me scream at the tv during the Chiefs games! :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 08:32 PM
On a related note, Rashaun Woods' little brothers are both now starting for Oklahoma State. One is the starting QB and the other a starting WR. And they hook up a lot. Damn, talk about getting your timing down... How about 13 years of practice in the back yard, before you ever hit college.. :eek:

jspchief
09-08-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a wife that shares my passion for professional football. If she can't watch a game, she still understands that Sundays this time of year are set in stone for me. She's even gone as far as hoping that she has our baby the week of Oct 11th (several days early) because the Chiefs have a bye that week.

There's only one catch though....

She's a Broncos Fan!:banghead::banghead::banghead:http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image.php?u=3797&type=profile

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Damn jsp, How'd a guy like you land a cutie like that?

Just playin' man. :p

Hammock Parties
09-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm lucky enough to have a wife that shares my passion for professional football. If she can't watch a game, she still understands that Sundays this time of year are set in stone for me. She's even gone as far as hoping that she has our baby the week of Oct 11th (several days early) because the Chiefs have a bye that week.

She's a Broncos Fan!:banghead::banghead::banghead:http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image.php?u=3797&type=profile

OMG. That is f*cking terrible. When did you find out?

Frazod
09-08-2004, 08:53 PM

Grounds for divorce I say.... :grr:

Jenson71
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
You gotta beat the bronco outta her.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 09:01 PM
You gotta beat the bronco outta her.

Bob Dole's advice would be to pound it out rather than beat it...

Helloooooo.

Iowanian
09-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Brideowanian was watching football before we started dating..........she'll watch the Chiefs and sometimes other games with me...........and I'm pretty regularly suprised at the things she points out during a game....holding etc....

Nzoner
09-08-2004, 09:12 PM

Damn,and I thought being in a FFL with my Mrs was rough.

You definitely need a side bet or two.

cdcox
09-08-2004, 09:15 PM
My wife knows how much I like football and normally doesn't complain about Sundays (if I watch the Sunday evening game after both afternoon games, that can try her patience) or Monday Night.

In return, I don't watch much college ball, and don't watch much additional sports the rest of the year. This is no big sacrifice because my one love is pro football.

Last season, she even watched most of the KC games with me, and probably ended up yelling at the TV more than I did.

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Bob Dole's advice would be to pound it out rather than beat it...

Helloooooo. ROFL exactly.

stevieray
09-08-2004, 09:42 PM
My wife loves football.

Big Chief Homer
09-08-2004, 10:13 PM
my wife and I watch football and nascar together.shes a Titans Fan so we watch one game and Tivo the other.she knows how i am with the chiefs(watching the tickers for scores)so she almost always puts the chiefs on.Shes got her own fantasy team and even did her first live draft this year.last year she had an auto draft and went to the SB and lost.Ive even come home from work and caught her watching NFL network.

Shes pretty cool

morphius
09-08-2004, 10:20 PM
The wife doesn't, she says she will watch a game with me if you ask her, but I don't think I have ever seen her watch more the 10 minutes of a game.

Oh well, I wouldn't want anything in my life to be easy.

craneref
09-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Wife and 17 yr old daughter were not much into football or the CHIEFS until last year, they really started getting excited during the Dante Hall run of four games with a return TD. Now they stop and watch ESPN when the CHIEFS are mentioned and are looking forward to watching the games with me. My 6 year old that we adopted from Korea is starting to understand the game better, even looks cool doing the cross forearms in his dante Hall "82" red CHIEFS jersey, can't wait until he really gets into the CHIEFS. Nothing like sharing the greatest NFL team on the planet with those you love. so from all of us GO CHIEFS.

alanm
09-08-2004, 10:25 PM
My 'significant other' stays away on football Sundays because my wife is hanging around.I've with ya man.ROFL

el borracho
09-08-2004, 11:50 PM
My girl has a mild interest in football. She likes to go to games and will sometimes watch the games on tv with me. She has never complained about me watching games and I can't imagine she ever would.

Bob Dole
09-08-2004, 11:53 PM
My wife loves football.

We already worship your wife.

STF up.

KcMizzou
09-08-2004, 11:59 PM
We already worship your wife.

STF up. Yeah.. stevie's done *ahem* quite well for himself.

PastorMikH
09-09-2004, 12:49 AM
My father in law pretty muched burned my wife out completely on sports when she was growing up. Didn't matter what was on or who was playing, if it was sports, he had the TV set to it whenever he was home. Now he shares his obsesion with sports with his obsesion for news. When we were there this last weekend, he watched the news channels for hours. It's like "Hey Rich, they showed this very same piece 30 minutes ago, and an hour ago, and 2x in the hour before that and nothing has changed" but he'd keep right on watching it.

As for if she cares about me watching the Chiefs, It's the Chiefs. It's not like she has a choice when they are on. The same goes in the rare times that I get to watch MU basketball on TV.

PastorMikH
09-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Yeah.. stevie's done *ahem* quite well for himself.

Really? He didn't bring her to meet us when we were there. I thought perhaps it could have been because he was ashamed of her but maybe he was ashamed uf us instead.:sulk::)

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 12:52 AM
As for if she cares about me watching the Chiefs, It's the Chiefs. It's not like she has a choice when they are on. The same goes in the rare times that I get to watch MU basketball on TV. That's been the way it was with my last few gf's. I really don't care what's on the TV... anything's fine. But if There's a Chief's game, or a Mizzou game... The TV's mine. It's really not that much to ask...

PastorMikH
09-09-2004, 12:54 AM
But if There's a Chief's game, or a Mizzou game... The TV's mine. It's really not that much to ask...

THERE IS NO ASKING when those two teams are on TV!!! My 3 daughters have even figured that one out.

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 01:24 AM
THERE IS NO ASKING when those two teams are on TV!!! My 3 daughters have even figured that one out. That was my point, really. If she can't give me those few hours a week, she aint worth havin'.

Nzoner
09-09-2004, 06:03 AM
THERE IS NO ASKING when those two teams are on TV!!! My 3 daughters have even figured that one out.

What about your congregation? ;)

Dartgod
09-09-2004, 06:23 AM
My wife loves football.
She even knows a little bit of Chiefs history....

Like who IS NOT the Chiefs all-time leader in TD passes. Right Stevie? :evil:

As for my wife, she is a great sports fan. She had season tickets to the Chiefs when I met her (she got the two seats in her divorce settlement), so when we got married I was able to upgrade my upper level seat to a lower level one. :D

Bliggie
09-09-2004, 06:43 AM
My wife goes with me to every game at Arrowhead. She doesn't always watch the away games with me. It usually depends on how well the Chiefs are doing and if my blood pressure is low enough.