PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reasons Why I think the Chiefs beat the Donks and grab the keys

Logical
09-09-2004, 12:42 AM
1 Mature offense with all players save 1 in the system going on 4 years.

2 Gun will have had all camp and preseason to D gameplan even with lesser talent advatange Chiefs

3. Offensive skill players for Denver have to gel into a team Smith at end of prime, Plummer still a question and Lelie and the running game have to come around, finally no solid TE yet.

4. They have a better defense and they have had all preseason to scheme but one CB doe not offset two linebackers againt versatile Chiefs O.

5. Dante Hall

Demonpenz
09-09-2004, 12:44 AM
*gasp* a positive outlook on a game? Better buy lotto ticket

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:46 AM
True
False
True
True
True

Logical
09-09-2004, 12:47 AM
True
False
True
True
True 2 is false?

keg in kc
09-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Who are you and what did you do with Jim?

btw, I'll say one thing about #2 (and acknowledge that I'm nitpicking):

If you compare the Chiefs defense to the Broncos defense, then you could argue we have lesser talent. However....if you compare the Chiefs defense to the Broncos offense - which is really what matters IMO - I'm not convinced that that statement is necessarily valid. This ain't your daddy's donkey offense, as far as personnel goes, and I'm not sure they're running a whole lot of horses out there.

I could be wrong, of course. We could come out and suck and make Plummer and [insert back here] look like Elway and Davis. But we could also come out strong. Hell, they could even come out and struggle on offense, making us look like the '95 defense. We could even have both units (their offense/our defense) come out totally sucky and look like something out of the three stooges meets the keystone kops.

I hate this. Sunday seems soooooo far away.

Demonpenz
09-09-2004, 12:57 AM
the chiefs D needs to be concerned because i have them for fantasy football

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 12:57 AM
2 is false?

:shrug: I don't think we have lesser talent....Savili and Dalton and a "freed" Hicks IMO make up for Biesel at MLB and actually improve the talent from last year

keg in kc
09-09-2004, 01:00 AM
the chiefs D needs to be concerned because i have them for fantasy footballIt's okay. I have Denver's defense, and I'm a much, much greater fantasy black hole than you could ever be. I'll take one for the team here, and start them against the KC offense, even though I'm sure we'll lay 30+ on them.

Evenrude
09-09-2004, 01:04 AM
1 Mature offense with all players save 1 in the system going on 4 years.

Which also means they are not getting any younger....

2 Gun will have had all camp and preseason to D gameplan even with lesser talent advatange Chiefs.

Gun has been out of the loop for several years as a head coach or defensive coordinator

3. Offensive skill players for Denver have to gel into a team Smith at end of prime, Plummer still a question and Lelie and the running game have to come around, finally no solid TE yet.

Plummer is in the second year of a system that he posted a 90+ QB rating out of last year. I heard the lack of running game argument two years ago..... Q will make people forget about Portis real fast (sounds dumb, but I made the comment last year that Q was a better college back and almost looked better than Portis when givin the chance)

4. They have a better defense and they have had all preseason to scheme but one CB doe not offset two linebackers againt versatile Chiefs O.
Denver will be starting the same three linebackers they started against the Chiefs in Denver last year (Gold and Mobley were both hurt before that game). So basically they are getting a top notch CB and former All-pro safety thrown in.

5. Dante HallI can't argue with that one

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just saying that you can slant the facts either way.... no one will know until they strap them on Sunday night.....

go bo
09-09-2004, 01:07 AM
:shrug: I don't think we have lesser talent....Savili and Dalton and a "freed" Hicks IMO make up for Biesel at MLB and actually improve the talent from last yearsavili??

he's not italian, he's samoan...

siavii...

see-ah-vee...

fwiw, i'm a little concerned about junior being in the regular d line rotation...

i don't think he's ready, he needs lots more coaching...

and as far as making up for biesel, well we'll just have to hope monty plays well enough not to be a huge liability for us...

Redcoats58
09-09-2004, 01:10 AM
savili??

siavii...

see-ah-vee...

fwiw, i'm a little concerned about junior being in the regular d line rotation...

and as far as making up for biesel, well we'll just have to hope monty plays well enough not to be a huge liability for us...
Anyone know how many games Mitchell will be out? I would feel alot better if he was playing.

keg in kc
09-09-2004, 01:11 AM
Being in the rotation doesn't mean he'll see the field much. Or at all. And I actually thought he made some progress in the preseason. Although I'm still surprised we released Downing. Didn't expect that one, after hearing about the R-Kal trade.

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 01:12 AM
Gun has been out of the loop for several years as a head coach or defensive coordinator

Denver will be starting the same three linebackers they started against the Chiefs in Denver last year (Gold and Mobley were both hurt before that game). So basically they are getting a top notch CB and former All-pro safety thrown in.

Uh Gun was linebackers coack/Assistant DC for the Titans

You are going to have 2 new linbackers on sunday night Williams LOLB and Pierce ROLB

DenverChief
09-09-2004, 01:13 AM
savili??

siavii...

see-ah-vee...

and as far as making up for biesel, well we'll just have to hope monty plays well enough not to be a huge liability for us... :banghead:

go bo
09-09-2004, 01:14 AM
Being in the rotation doesn't mean he'll see the field much. Or at all. And I actually thought he made some progress in the preseason. Although I'm still surprised we released Downing. Didn't expect that one, after hearing about the R-Kal trade.i'm a big fan of junior already, but i was astounded that they cut downing...

junior just isn't ready, imo, and downing seemed like he was doing pretty good in the preseason...

Evenrude
09-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Uh Gun was linebackers coack/Assistant DC for the Titans

Thus an assistant.... not responsible for creating a gameplan like he would have as a full head coach/coordinator

You are going to have 2 new linbackers on sunday night Williams LOLB and Pierce ROLB

Uh.....Broncos depth chart (http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=134) ..... looks to me like Wilson, Spragen and Sykes.... just like most of last year...

ChiefJustice
09-09-2004, 01:17 AM
5 Reasons Why I think the Chiefs beat the Donks and grab the keys

http://www.toyotter.com/stas/images/bizzaro.jpg
"Me,am confused about title logic Jim thread."

Superman

the Talking Can
09-09-2004, 01:32 AM
overall, the broncos are integrating a lot of new faces and switching players around....that's an advantage KC

they're starting a rookie on their OL and starting some pretty worked over vets on their DL....they have no TE worth mentioning and their great hope at WR is a 4th round draft pick who has caught as many passes in a real game as Gaz....then, of course, there's Jake...at this point I'm laughing so hard I can no longer type...

Pezman
09-09-2004, 02:58 AM
What's the latest on the wideout situation with Keenan McCardell? If they can somehow work a trade with Tampa, I'd be pretty worried. But until then, its very iffy whether or not Priest and Co. can manhandle teams on their own without major injuries.

Is Kennison and the rookie the only viable options right now or will Dante be an effictive 3rd reciever... many questions for sure. I expect this game to be brutal and would not be suprised to see many flags.

Thank god football season is here....

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 03:19 AM
What's the latest on the wideout situation with Keenan McCardell? If they can somehow work a trade with Tampa, I'd be pretty worried. But until then, its very iffy whether or not Priest and Co. can manhandle teams on their own without major injuries.

Is Kennison and the rookie the only viable options right now or will Dante be an effictive 3rd reciever... Morton will be back.. and as good as ever. That's not saying much, but he'll be solid. He's not what we hoped he'd be.... but he's good enough.

tk13
09-09-2004, 03:48 AM

Ehhhh....the guy coached (and obviously help build) a killer LB corps in Tennessee on a defense that was #1 in the league against the run. Didn't he hold the title of assistant head coach there anyway? I'm sure he wasn't exactly out of the loop. Plus... by his own admission, his time away from the game helped him. Let's face it, the man had almost driven himself insane by the time his first stint in KC was over... the guy could finally relax a little and breath again, learn some new tricks in Nashville, then come back to do what he enjoys most.

Devin Vierth
09-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Thus an assistant.... not responsible for creating a gameplan like he would have as a full head coach/coordinator...

Denver runs the same offensive scheme they did when Gun ran KC's D and when Gun was KC's head coach. Gun knows Shanny's offense inside and out and he loved beating Shanny at his own game.

KC's Defense will be ready...........

TIME TO STRAP IT ON!!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!

Chris Meck
09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Man, Broncos fans'll spin a bit, won't they?

I think Vlad's take is a fair one, other than and edge going to the Chiefs' defense based on Gun having all preseason to plan his attack.

Shanny's had all preseason as well, and knows what Gun is all about, so I'd call the 'planning' a wash.

Now, if you want to give the edge to Gun based on the fact that Gun's defenses owned Shanny's offenses in the years while he was head coach, then okay. But of course, they weren't solely Gun's defenses.

Anyway, my point is the two know each other well.

As for the idea that Gun has been 'out of the loop', that's just stupid.

You know the Chiefs can score points; question is, can the Broncos?

Chris

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 11:47 AM
WHO had kidnapped Jim, and substituted this IMPOSTER?? :cuss:

Mr. Kotter
09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Who are you and what did you do with Jim?

Eh, nevermind...Keg beat me to it. :banghead:

htismaqe
09-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Ahem.

When Jim said "lesser talent" I believe he's comparing the 2004 Chiefs defense to the defense Gun coached when he was in KC as the DC the LAST TIME. IOW, we have lesser talent than Hasty, Thomas, etc. If that's the case, he's 100% correct.

Evenrude
09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
uh what happened?

Actually, it was a hell of a game and with KC's defensive improvements I think both teams are top 5 in the NFL. I feel lucky coming out of there with a win.