PDA

View Full Version : Monty Beisel coming into his own?

BigChiefFan
09-09-2004, 01:41 PM
It's still very early, but considering Beisel has only had a few weeks to concentrate on the MLB position I think he has made some positive strides. Beisel is a player who is dedicated to studying film and he has something that Maslowski never had...pure athletisism. I think Beisel has the positive attitude and work ethic to become a starter. Mitchell still gets the nod until proven otherwise, but I truly believe Beisel has what it takes to become a leader on defense. During the preseason he has shown to make improvements week by week and I don't think this Sunday will be any different. Mitchell better hurry and up and get healthy or he may just find himself in a permanent back-up role. :toast: Here's to Beisel kicking ass and taking names this season. Go Chiefs!!!!

Rick
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I agree. He played his high school ball about 4 miles from my house. I have a feeling he can get the job done because he has always been so athletic and dedicated. Fans must be patient and support him cause he will go through some "growing pains", like even your first rounders do when they have a full training camp at that position. He's tough enough, smart enough and fast- pretty good combo.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-09-2004, 01:51 PM
KEEP FVCKING DOUBTING MONTY BEISEL!!!!!!!!!!

:cuss:

KC Dan
09-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I agree. He played his high school ball about 4 miles from my house. I have a feeling he can get the job done because he has always been so athletic and dedicated. Fans must be patient and support him cause he will go through some "growing pains", like even your first rounders do when they have a full training camp at that position. He's tough enough, smart enough and fast- pretty good combo.
And, gosh darn it ---- people like him.

King_Chief_Fan
09-09-2004, 01:54 PM
imo, Monty will be ready for whatever the donks run his way.
He will be the MVP of the game

NY CHIEF
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Funny, I thought he looked lost out there :shrug:

Straight, No Chaser
09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Pardon me, but time for "Growing Pains"?

My glass is half full but this is the one position I'm worried about --especially this week given Shaninigan's ability to game us.
Biesel is filler.
My hope is that Gun has this unit tight enough to help cover the middle.

---->

Rick
09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
I swear I was thinking about that and almost wrote it, just wasn't sure anyone would get it. $hit!

Rick
09-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Pardon me, but time for "Growing Pains"?

My glass is half full but this is the one position I'm worried about --especially this week given Shaninigan's ability to game us.
Biesel is filler.
My hope is that Gun has this unit tight enough to help cover the middle.

---->
The point is is that we don't have a choice. Sure the rest of the D must pick up some slack, but not his responsibilities on each play. I want Kawika back, but I'm not going to dog his arse when he screws up. WTF do you want? Rich Scanlon?

Straight, No Chaser
09-09-2004, 02:22 PM
The point is is that we don't have a choice. Sure the rest of the D must pick up some slack, but not his responsibilities on each play. I want Kawika back, but I'm not going to dog his arse when he screws up. WTF do you want? Rich Scanlon?

A win would be nice, especially in Denver.

He has to prove it through his play on the field which is the only thing any player can ask for. My hope is that Biesel can play well enough to become the starter. The odds are against him (IMO) but he's working for Gun so it'll be interesting to see what develops.

---->

StcChief
09-09-2004, 03:09 PM
The D will step up. Count on Gun for that.

TRR
09-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I still maintain that Beisel is our most complete MLB. Kawika Mitchell gets swallowed up in the running game, and Mike Maslowski is too unathletic in the passing game and sideline to sideline.

Beisel, although inexperienced, can fight off blocks and make tackles (DE experience IMO) and has enough athletic ability to be an asset sideline to sideline.

He looked very solid in Mankato this summer.

milkman
09-09-2004, 04:24 PM
Funny, I thought he looked lost out there :shrug:

I thought he looked lost, for the most, also.

However he did make a play here and there that showed he can, with time, play the position.

Perhaps necessity finally put Beisel where he has belonged from the start.

I just wish he had gone through the development process earlier in his career so we wouldn't have to see him struggle in some important games now.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Monty's got a lot of room to grow if you ask me.

He's too small to be a full time MLB, IMO. He's not good at reading the play from what I saw in the preseason either.

Hopefully Denver gets in their own way.

BigChiefFan
09-09-2004, 04:39 PM

He's too small to be a full time MLB, IMO. He's not good at reading the play from what I saw in the preseason either.

He's only concentrated soley on MLB for a few weeks. It takes time to develop to become dominant and he has already shown signs of improvement. He has the athletisism and dedication it will take to become a starter and I think he will make the most of his opportunity.

BTW, when did being 6'3" and 240 LBs become considered too small to be a MLB?

Hammock Parties
09-09-2004, 04:44 PM
I don't care what he's listed at. Look at the guy on the field. He doesn't quite fit the Ray Lewis body type mold. He definitely looks like an outside linebacker.

milkman
09-09-2004, 04:45 PM

Too small?
He's listed at 6'3", 267.
He'll be the biggest F'n MLB in the NFL.

Hopefully he can turn into one of the baddest.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Too small?
He's listed at 6'3", 267.

Uh, no.

TRR
09-09-2004, 04:50 PM
The only reason he's a little light is because they asked him to drop some weight and concentrate on the OLB position. He'll probably bulk up a little bit as the season goes along. He's a solid size for a MLB.

Bottom line is that I saw Monty Beisel make plays in TC and in the Preseason games at MLB that I've never seen Mitchell or Maslowski make from the same spot. Mitchell may develop into a very good MLB, but right now, he is horrible in the running game. Absolutely horrible. He gets swallowed up by one blocker 90 percent of the time. I like his ability in pass D, but I'm more concerned about our run D, and Beisel brings more to the table in that aspect IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, Beisel has a long ways to go. I just think in terms of natural head hunting ability, and stopping the run, Beisel is better suited in Gun's D than Mitchell is at this point.

RealSNR
09-09-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, he spent the offseason slimming down to play OLB. If we all of a sudden realize we've got a gem on our hands at MLB, we'll have to bulk him up.

TRR
09-09-2004, 04:53 PM
On a side note...

I've seen Beisel pick the right hole, attack it, and get pummeled by the FB a yard in the backfield.

On that same note, I've seen Mitchell pick the right hole, not attack it, and get pummeled by the FB 3 yards downfield.

Both didn't make the play, but Beisel at least gave one of his teammates a better chance to make the tackle behind the line of scrimmage.

milkman
09-09-2004, 04:54 PM
Uh, no.
56 Beisel, Monty OLB 6'03'' 267 08/20/1978 4 Kansas State 56 Beisel, Monty OLB 6'03'' 267 08/20/1978 4 Kansas State

I copied this from the roster page off the Planet front page.

He may not weigh this much now, but he definitely isn't too small.

And I watch him on the field, and he, in no way, looks too small, either

Hammock Parties
09-09-2004, 04:55 PM
He's not 267 lbs. He's 237.

I don't know what you guys are seeing. I'd be surprised if he made more than 5 tackles Sunday night.

TRR
09-09-2004, 04:56 PM
56 Beisel, Monty OLB 6'03'' 267 08/20/1978 4 Kansas State 56 Beisel, Monty OLB 6'03'' 267 08/20/1978 4 Kansas State

I copied this from the roster page off the Planet front page.

He may not weigh this much now, but he definitely isn't too small.

And I watch him on the field, and he, in no way, looks too small, either

He's weighing right around 240. To be honest, I think Beisel looks a lot bigger on the field (and in person) than Kawika Mitchell. Maybe because Mitchell is about 4 inches shorter than Monty is, but they say Mitchell weighs in at 255? I think Monty looks bigger than Mitchell does.

htismaqe
09-09-2004, 05:45 PM
He's not 267 lbs. He's 237.

I don't know what you guys are seeing. I'd be surprised if he made more than 5 tackles Sunday night.

I agree.

He's got alot to prove IMO.

Inspector
09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
ROFL

KCFANinNC
09-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Say hello to the strong nickel package.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Say hello to the strong nickel package.