PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread - Missouri/Troy State

Frazod
09-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Yes, I know the game started 40 minutes ago. But since I just got home and TiVo'd the game, I'm still watching the Tigers' opening drive (which is a good one). I'll eventually get back to real time by skipping the tedious commercials and inane timeout commentary.

This would be so nice for Chiefs game threads - if only I could TiVo you f#ckers. :D

Anyway, Tigers currently driving at will.

Frazod
09-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Touchdown Missouri! :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Yes, I know the game started 40 minutes ago. But since I just got home and TiVo'd the game, I'm still watching the Tigers' opening drive (which is a good one). I'll eventually get back to real time by skipping the tedious commercials and inane timeout commentary.
Crap. 28-14 Troy state at the half... :banghead:

:D

Skip Towne
09-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Is that the weakest team Mizzou could find?

Frazod
09-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Crap. 28-14 Troy state at the half... :banghead:

nlm

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Oh..its not FUGGIN TROY STATE. Its TROY!

Frazod
09-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh..its not FUGGIN TROY STATE. Its TROY!

That's because Troy realized that only fags have the word "STATE" in their school's name. :D

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 07:35 PM
That's because Troy realized that only fags have the word "STATE" in their school's name. :D
:p :cuss: :cuss: STFU

Frazod
09-09-2004, 07:36 PM
:p :cuss: :cuss: STFU

ROFL Hey, it's a small victory, but tonight, I'll take what I can get.

Bearcat
09-09-2004, 07:42 PM

ROFL

Miles
09-09-2004, 07:42 PM
:cuss: :cuss:

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2004, 07:49 PM
This sucks.

OmahaChief
09-09-2004, 08:18 PM
As a Mizzou Alum all I can say is congrats to Troy. They outplayed, outcoached and out hustled us tonight. That is the way a real team plays football.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-09-2004, 08:34 PM
ROFL

I thought the mighty Mizzou was going to be the class of the Big 12 North! I KNEW this was going to happen, just like everything else in Missouri sports history, talk real big and then piss down their legs. Football and basketball, every year the same thing; and yet they still act like they are a power in the Big 12 with some great history!

Good job Missouri, I knew you could do it!! :clap:

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 08:37 PM
ROFL

I thought the mighty Mizzou was going to be the class of the Big 12 North! I KNEW this was going to happen, just like everything else in Missouri sports history, talk real big and then piss down their legs. Football and basketball, every year the same thing; and yet they still act like they are a power in the Big 12 with some great history!

Good job Missouri, I knew you could do it!! :clap: Talk real big? I don't know anyone around here who did that.

Troy basically spotted us 14 points, and kicked our asses from that point on. Obviously, they're the better team.

This past basketball season taught me a lot about pre-season rankings. Mainly, that they mean jack shit.

Meh, whatever... A KC win in Denver will go a long way in easing my pain.

Frazod
09-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Talk real big? I don't know anyone around here who did that.

Troy State basically spotted us 14 points, and kicked our asses from that point on. Obviously, they're the better team.

This past basketball season taught me a lot about pre-season rankings. Mainly, that they mean jack shit.

And I guess we'll be gracious enough to continue to let vagrants from the western desert continue to borrow our pro teams.... :D

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 08:41 PM
And I guess we'll be gracious enough to continue to let vagrants from the western desert continue to borrow our pro teams.... :D ROFL :thumb:

Braincase
09-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Lawrence Tynes is smiling.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-09-2004, 08:44 PM
Talk real big? I don't know anyone around here who did that.

Troy basically spotted us 14 points, and kicked our asses from that point on. Obviously, they're the better team.

I wasn't talking about people on this MB specifically; mostly Mizzou fans I know personally, all I have heard from them is how they are the best team in the north, they were going to throttle K-State... yada yada...

Thats the good thing about the Chiefs, for a few hours on Sunday they can bring Tigers up to Wildcat status just by affliation!! :p

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
09-09-2004, 08:48 PM
And I guess we'll be gracious enough to continue to let vagrants from the western desert continue to borrow our pro teams.... :D

And we continue to let you use the name Kansas to name your city.... since even Missourians don't want people to outside this area to know the Chiefs are actually in MO, automatically giving the rest of the country the idea the Chiefs are satisfied having pretenders instead of contenders like the U. of MO!!

:LOL:

Frazod
09-09-2004, 08:51 PM
And we continue to let you use the name Kansas to name your city.... since even Missourians don't want people to outside this area to know the Chiefs are actually in MO, automatically giving the rest of the country the idea the Chiefs are satisfied having pretenders instead of contenders like the U. of MO!!

:LOL:

Only people who are f#cking ignorant think the Kansas City THAT MATTERS is in Kansas.

Or anything else that matters, while you're at it. :p

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
Its a pretty good compromise IMO. Kansas has the college teams, MO has the pro teams.

Miles
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Only people who are f#cking ignorant think the Kansas City THAT MATTERS is in Kansas.

Funny, I always thought the only part that matters was in MO. ;)

Frazod
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Funny, I always thought the only part that matters was in MO. ;)

Clearly I overtaxed your Kansas reading skills. :p

Coach
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Its a pretty good compromise IMO. Kansas has the college teams, MO has the pro teams.

With the exception of the Lambs. I thinks the Lambs is hurting MO pro teams.

Miles
09-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Clearly I overtaxed your Kansas reading skills. :p

No just my lazyness to read the earlier posts ;)

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah. Thats true.

Frazod
09-09-2004, 09:00 PM

I don't acknowledge them. :harumph:

Coach
09-09-2004, 09:03 PM
I don't acknowledge them. :harumph:

And I don't blame you.

Frazod
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
And I don't blame you.

Just the Cardinals. :p

KChiefs1
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
I'd like to point something out to all of the KSU fans...last year Marshall beat you at Manhattan...Troy goes to Marshall this year & beats them...Mizzou goes to Troy & gets beat...

Yet! KSU still won the Big 12 North...I still believe KSU has to go to Columbia this year right? The season ain't over yet...but tonight's game was pitiful to say the least.

Coach
09-09-2004, 09:08 PM
I'd like to point something out to all of the KSU fans...last year Marshall beat you at Manhattan...Troy goes to Marshall this year & beats them...Mizzou goes to Troy & gets beat...

Yet! KSU still won the Big 12 North...I still believe KSU has to go to Columbia this year right? The season ain't over yet...but tonight's game was pitiful to say the least.

You have a point about that KSU have to go to Columbia, but if you guys can't get your run defense straightend out, then odds are that yo'll see what Sproles will do to the D, like in 2003.

Miles
09-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Just the Cardinals. :p

What your not a Steamers fan? ;)

alanm
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
You have a point about that KSU have to go to Columbia, but if you guys can't get your run defense straightend out, then odds are that yo'll see what Sproles will do to the D, like in 2003.You better hope that Snyder doens't continue to run Sproles 40+ times a game. It takes just one bad foot plant or one weird tackle angle and KSU's season is over.:shake:

Coach
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
You better hope that Snyder doens't continue to run Sproles 40+ times a game. It takes just one bad foot plant or one weird tackle angle and KSU's season is over.:shake:

That is one of my concerns. However, he attemped 306 carries in 2003, and only that number could had been higher if we didn't play teams such as the likes of Troy, McNeesee State, and Massachusetts, where he was problably taken out by halftime or before.

Pitt Gorilla
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I doubt we win the North; hell, I doubt we beat Ksnake or retarded Red. As far as Mizzou fans being over-confident, we obviously don't know the same people. Everyone that I know has been VERY aware that this Troy game could be a tough one; I'm not sure we thought it would be THAT tough, though.
BTW,
why the F*ck am I responding to you?!? :shake:

David.
09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
I'm so pissed off :mad:

David.
09-09-2004, 11:17 PM
but I got drunk, so it's not ALL bad.

KcMizzou
09-09-2004, 11:19 PM
but I got drunk, so it's not ALL bad. It's alright man. That was a good team... we're not as good as we'd hoped, but we'll be alright. A Chiefs win in Denver will fix it right up. (and yeah, the beer helps too)

ChiefsFanatic
09-10-2004, 12:10 AM

Funny ROFL

Well, MU fans take heart, K-fags (using Frazods logic. "That's because Troy realized that only fags have the word "STATE" in their school's name.") won the Big 12 after losing to Marshall. Yeah, like MU could win the Big 12.

|Zach|
09-10-2004, 12:12 AM
but I got drunk, so it's not ALL bad.
freshman.

Demonpenz
09-10-2004, 01:16 AM
inmplodign imp.odin imoloidjng

Brock
09-10-2004, 05:56 AM
This is funny.

htismaqe
09-10-2004, 06:25 AM
Wow. I guess I can understand now why they don't want anything to do with the Hawkeyes.

shakesthecat
09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Wow. I guess I can understand now why they don't want anything to do with the Hawkeyes.

I thought the same thing this morning, when I saw this in the paper.
And then I enjoyed a hearty laugh.

ROYC75
09-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Damn, MU was PU last night!

So much for being a good team, Troy State ? Maybe KU march into Tiggertown and come out with a win. ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
09-10-2004, 08:42 AM
You better hope that Snyder doens't continue to run Sproles 40+ times a game. It takes just one bad foot plant or one weird tackle angle and KSU's season is over.:shake:

The desperate stand of the Husker fan.

"If Sproles gets hurt...."

Happy wishing. To think Snyder will continue to have Sproles tote 40+ per game is nonsensical.

KSU has a gifted group of receivers. Meier or Webb will get them ball plenty. Both QB's have great legs.

You'll see plenty of both in Manhatan.