PDA

View Full Version : Need Tech Help

ArrowheadHawk
09-09-2004, 09:00 PM
I want to buy a video card for my pc. I have an AGP slot but I don't know what type it is, my computer was store bought and didn't come with a manual for the motherboard. Is there a way to tell what type of AGP slot I have or what type of Agp is supported?

Saulbadguy
09-09-2004, 09:02 PM
You should be able to buy any AGP video card on the shelves at best buy and they should fit. Some of the older motherboards used a type of AGP that is incompatible with newer cards, but it would have to be pretty old.

How old is this computer? what processor is it running?

ArrowheadHawk
09-09-2004, 09:06 PM
You should be able to buy any AGP video card on the shelves at best buy and they should fit. Some of the older motherboards used a type of AGP that is incompatible with newer cards, but it would have to be pretty old.

How old is this computer? what processor is it running?computer is less than a year old the processor is an AMD 2Ghz

Miles
09-09-2004, 09:07 PM
AGP slots have been the same for a really long time. Dont worry about the 4x/8x rating they are all backwards compatable. Like Saul said it would only be different if your PC is really old.

If you have the MB model number it should be easy to look up.

You may want to check out www.newegg.com They have a great selection and are relly cheap.

Pants
09-09-2004, 09:09 PM
www.pricewatch.com

Do NOT buy video cards at stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Unless they have rebates.