PDA

View Full Version : John Ritter's Family Sues Over His Death

4th and Long
09-10-2004, 05:56 AM
LOS ANGELES -- Actor John Ritter's family has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against a hospital, accusing it of negligence in his death.

They say Ritter was treated for a heart attack. But that's not what the problem was.

Ritter was 54 when he died a year ago Saturday from a tear in his aorta, the result of an undetected heart problem. Ritter's wife, Amy Yasbeck, and his four children, including Jason Ritter, filed the claim.

The suit also names the medical staff of Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Los Angeles. The family said the hospital and medical staff were negligent and careless in their examination, diagnosis and treatment of Ritter's symptoms.

Their suit said Ritter was misdiagnosed as having a heart attack when he arrived at the emergency room, complaining of chest pain, nausea and vomiting. The emergency room is right across the street from where he'd been filming "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter."

Ritter was most famous for playing Jack Tripper on "Three's Company." He was starring in "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" when he died.

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2004, 06:06 AM
Ritter was 54 when he died a year ago Saturday from a tear in his aortaWow... it's been a year since Johnny Cash and John Ritter died.

Baby Lee
09-10-2004, 06:34 AM
Wow... it's been a year since Johnny Cash and John Ritter died.
Geez, how do you forget that anniversary?
ie - What is the date Saturday, anyways?

Ultra Peanut
09-10-2004, 07:03 AM
Geez, how do you forget that anniversary?
ie - What is the date Saturday, anyways?August 30th, I think.

Why?