PDA

View Full Version : Raiders restructure Gannon's contract

Ugly Duck
09-10-2004, 08:20 AM
See? He's not like you Cheiftains say. He's a team player - willing to sacrifice for the good of the many. And you guys call him RedButt:

The Raiderz' quarterback, whom many thought would be shown the door when a younger and cheaper Kerry Collins was signed in May, ensured his job security this week by agreeing to restructure a burdensome $7 million base salary, converting $2.5 million of that total into unlikely-to-be reached playing time and performance incentives that require him to exceed by 50 percent last season's injury marred totals. If Gannon does reach the incentives, the $2.5 million wouldn't be applied to the cap until the end of the regular season.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/archive/2004/09/10/RAIDERS.TMP

Braincase
09-10-2004, 08:25 AM
If I recall correctly, it was his Raider teammates that dropped the nom "Red-Ass Rich" on him.

Eleazar
09-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Did they get an arm installed on him yet?

Don't worry. Shawn Barber will take care of old B#tch again and make sure he saves old Al Davis some money this year :thumb:

KCTitus
09-10-2004, 08:31 AM
how generous going from 7M to 4.5M...I guess it's better than 0M.

BigChiefFan
09-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Red Ass Rick is still a tool.

Rain Man
09-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Is he changing his name to Notsorich?

Mark M
09-10-2004, 09:49 AM
So ... does he get a bonus for not throwing more TDs to the opposing team than he does his own?

MM
~~:p

vckcchiefs04
09-10-2004, 10:47 AM
He still plays for the Raiders , there is enough reson to call him any name we want!

Over-Head
09-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Don't mind them Duck...(not like we ever did :hmmm: )...Their still pissed at not having kept him in KC when they had the chance :thumb:

TheNextStep
09-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Don't mind them Duck...(not like we ever did :hmmm: )...Their still pissed at not having kept him in KC when they had the chance :thumb:
Nonsense. They got to keep Elvis Grbac, didn't they?

morphius
09-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I hope the league looks at this as easily reachable stats, and applies it right back onto the salary cap.

Skip Towne
09-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Aren't our resident Raider fans pathetic? Wouldn't you think they would check our record against them for the last 10 years. Something like 19-1. Yeah, we really need Richie red ass.

memyselfI
09-11-2004, 08:33 AM
I think this was planned from the get go. Al gives Rich a chance to 'win' his starting job back and if he does Rich gives him the 'restructure' he needed. The way it's set up and if Gannon reaches his incentives it's win/win for all...

WilliamTheIrish
09-11-2004, 08:38 AM
I think this was planned from the get go. Al gives Rich a chance to 'win' his starting job back and if he does Rich gives him the 'restructure' he needed. The way it's set up and if Gannon reaches his incentives it's win/win for all...

Uh, no. Al's telling Red @ss, "You're arm has more miles on it than WTI's recently buried 88 Corolla, and carries the same blue book value. Rich, can I interest you in a nice wooden box in which to enshrine your career? I'll leave room for the two Pro Bowl MVP trophies your fans clamor so much about."

memyselfI
09-11-2004, 08:47 AM
Uh, no. Al's telling Red @ss, "You're arm has more miles on it than WTI's recently buried 88 Corolla, and carries the same blue book value. Rich, can I interest you in a nice wooden box in which to enshrine your career? I'll leave room for the two Pro Bowl MVP trophies your fans clamor so much about."

Wow, then AL is crazier than we thought...paying someone $4.5 MILLION dollars to tell him he's finito. :hmmm:

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2004, 08:48 AM

Wait...

you're talking about football???

memyselfI
09-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Wait...

you're talking about football???

tis the season...

:toast:

WilliamTheIrish
09-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Wow, then AL is crazier than we thought...paying someone $4.5 MILLION dollars to tell him he's finito. :hmmm:

No, he's always been as crazy as 'we' thought.

You, being a nouveau Raiderette type fan, just didn't pay attention to that until tendon tranfer Rich matriculated to Napa.

memyselfI
09-11-2004, 09:01 AM
No, he's always been as crazy as 'we' thought.

You, being a nouveau Raiderette type fan, just didn't pay attention to that until tendon tranfer Rich matriculated to Napa.

Hey, I thought he was roadkill last season. The fact that he made it back is no surprise to me given what I know about him (and he told me that he was NOT going to retire or quit) thus I wouldn't have bet against him but I sure wouldn't have bet on him convincing anyone (other than a handfull of the remaining faithful ;) ) either.

chief52
09-11-2004, 09:10 AM
That Al Davis. He is so cutting edge. Rebuilding a team around a 38 year old QB coming off a season ending injury. What other NFL team would have even thought about it??? When will the rest of the NFL catch up with this trend setter?