PDA

View Full Version : Austin TX Chiefs Bars.....

KC Kings
09-10-2004, 01:18 PM
I know there are a bunch of you from Texas on here and you talk about getting together to watch the games. Is there a bar anywhere in Austin that some of you guys hang out at?

AustinChief
09-10-2004, 01:38 PM
I usually go to the Fox and Hound... dunno about this Sunday yet... but that is by far the best spot to watch the Chiefs in Austin.

--Kyle

wutamess
09-10-2004, 01:54 PM
What you doing in the land of steers and queers?

KCWolfman
09-10-2004, 01:56 PM
From the header, I thought Kyle was raising money through candy sales.

KC Kings
09-10-2004, 02:01 PM
What you doing in the land of steers and queers?

Queers is no joke. I had no idea how many gay people were in Texas, and didn't even know it was possible to be a gay cowboy.

I am not down there, but my sister lives there now. I was going to start the thread asking where my sister could go in Austin to watch the Cheifs game, but knew what kind of doors that would open with the likes of Endelt and other preverts on here.

LTownChief
09-10-2004, 02:10 PM
what about Big Charlies?

patteeu
09-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Queers is no joke. I had no idea how many gay people were in Texas, and didn't even know it was possible to be a gay cowboy.

I am not down there, but my sister lives there now. I was going to start the thread asking where my sister could go in Austin to watch the Chiefs game, but knew what kind of doors that would open with the likes of Endelt and other preverts on here.

You haven't seen a gay bar until you see a cowboy gay bar in Austin. The sight of two big old cowboys with their boots, belt buckles and giant cowboy hats prancing around the dancefloor doing the Texas two-step is remarkable.

Hmmm. Did I say that out loud?

Anyway, forget about that. There was a bar up north off of one of the I-35 exits near Roundrock that used to show all the games on Sundays. It wasn't necessarily a Chiefs fan hangout when I was there, but at least they showed the Chiefs games. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was a white stand-alone building with a bunch of satellite antennaes on it that you could see from the highway.

I'm sure Austin Chief's idea is a better one though.

AustinChief
09-10-2004, 02:21 PM
what about Big Charlies?

Funny you would say that... one of the big gay bars in Autsin is actually called Charlies.

wutamess
09-10-2004, 02:24 PM
The cheerleader sister?
She actually tried out to be a Chiefs cheerleader.

~ Waiting for Endelt to bite.

AustinChief
09-10-2004, 02:28 PM
Knowing Austin Chief, he picked out his bar based on the number of hot women present. I bet that bar is lousy for Chiefs games. His priorities are all screwed up that way.

actually now that you mention it... the entire staff is comprised of fit young women... wow... funny how that worked out...

Seriously though... they show EVERY game. Plus the food is pretty good... the only problem is that it is always CROWDED... so come early to get a seat.

--Kyle

AustinChief
09-10-2004, 02:36 PM

I am not down there, but my sister lives there now. I was going to start the thread asking where my sister could go in Austin to watch the Chiefs game, but knew what kind of doors that would open with the likes of Endelt and other preverts on here.

I am usually there with a ton of friends... ranges from 6 or 7 up to 20 of us... probably 70% guys... your sis is welcome to join us... I need more Chiefs support... 3 of the guys that come are Broncos fans...

--Kyle

AustinChief
09-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I should mention... the Fox and Hound is downtown... if you need a bar in a different part of town.. I pretty much know them all...

--Kyle