PDA

View Full Version : A moment of silence please

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2004, 10:08 AM
I think that there should be no new posts posted on this board, starting at noon, for 9 minutes and 11 seconds to honor the memory those who died in the terrorist attacks three years ago today.

If any of the mods think that this is a good idea, please sticky it. Just an idea I had.

4th and Long
09-11-2004, 10:12 AM
As often as the "Server Busy" message appears, you may get your wish one way or the other.

teedubya
09-11-2004, 10:15 AM
boy, if we can keep ArrowheadWolf quiet for over 9 minutes, Im all for it!!

ROFL

4th and Long
09-11-2004, 10:16 AM

ROFL
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2004, 10:16 AM

ROFL

ROFL

Well it's just a thought I had. Something the board can do as a community to remember 9/11. You can take it seriously or not.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Here at Y-101 today we are airing 2 minute 9/11 vinettes at the beginning of every other commercial break. Edits of emergency calls, eyewitness accounts, Bush speaking, Reagan speaking against terrorism, survivors thanking emergency workers etc.....powerful stuff.

teedubya
09-11-2004, 10:24 AM
Here at Y-101 today we are airing 2 minute 9/11 vinettes at the beginning of every other commercial break. Edits of emergency calls, eyewitness accounts, Bush speaking, Reagan speaking against terrorism, survivors thanking emergency workers etc.....powerful stuff.

awesome.

Phobia
09-11-2004, 10:24 AM
I think that remembering is a personal choice, not one I wish to force upon anybody. Besides, what is symbolic about noon? If we were going to do something like this, we should have done it earlier this morning.

Nice effort. I just don't find the idea very appealing.

Thig Lyfe
09-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I think that remembering is a personal choice, not one I wish to force upon anybody. Besides, what is symbolic about noon? If we were going to do something like this, we should have done it earlier this morning.

Nice effort. I just don't find the idea very appealing.

I know, I thought of it too late. It would have been better at 9:37 eastern time, which is when I think the first plane hit, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh well.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-11-2004, 10:36 AM
I know, I thought of it too late. It would have been better at 9:37 eastern time, which is when I think the first plane hit, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh well.
It's the thought that counts AHW...and it was a nice thought.

:thumb: