PDA

View Full Version : Upset of the week

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2004, 09:39 PM
Upset of the week
Kansas City over Denver

Yeah, I know it's not really an upset when Kansas City won the division last year, but how many games has Dick Vermeil won here with the Chiefs? You got it: zilch. And who's the underdog here? Yep, the Chiefs. By three points. But the Chiefs end the Vermeil streak with a win, mostly because I like their offense more than I like Denver's and because I think they'll be able to exploit the Broncos' linebackers.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2004, 09:46 PM
My bad...

Got it from cbs.sportsline.com, per Clark Judge.

the Talking Can
09-11-2004, 09:50 PM
I agree...it would be a bit of a upset...we haven't won there in a while and Plummber is the new John Elway

although you know Donko fans are scared because they haven't been talking any shit...they only do that when they believe they'll win

Chiefs Pantalones
09-11-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm calling it right now...

If we beat Denver, we sweep the AFC West.

the Talking Can
09-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm starting to think that Oakland could be the 2nd best team in the AFC West...

LVNHACK
09-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I don't think it's an upset. I think the Chiefs kick the living $hit out of dungver. IMO dungver may be the most over rated team in the NFL .

milkman
09-11-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm starting to think that Oakland could be the 2nd best team in the AFC West...

I think it will be a dogfight between the TR aiders and Donkeys for 2nd best.

I also think SD is going a better team than most people expect.

But I really like KC to win the division, which will turn out to be the toughest in the league.

Ultra Peanut
09-11-2004, 10:37 PM
That's sort of like what Corso and May and the others who picked Memphis over Mississippi as an upset said. "It's not really much of an upset, but eh."

Ugly Duck
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm starting to think that Oakland could be the 2nd best team in the AFC West...heh-heh

Sure-Oz
09-11-2004, 10:39 PM
I won't take denver lightly, i bet it will be tough, i hope we win by 14 or so.

the Talking Can
09-11-2004, 10:40 PM
heh-heh

you guys should have a better DL than Denver....maybe a better OL....better QB....it could happen....Washington was a great piick-up, plus the OL you drafted...it all starts with the line play

milkman
09-11-2004, 10:42 PM
I won't take denver lightly, i bet it will be tough, i hope we win by 14 or so.

Hell, I hope we win by 60, but I'm expecting a game that comes down to the last minute.

keg in kc
09-11-2004, 10:58 PM
It would be an upset; home field advantage is big in the NFL no matter the qualities of the teams involved, and I think the Broncos have a bigger advantage than some other teams. I think that, on paper, KC has a (much?) better team than Denver, but the altitude can even some things out. I hope the weather in River Falls and KC hasn't hurt our conditioning too much, because the last thing I want to see is a winded team struggling late.

This is a big game in some ways, although I don't think it's a make or break game. A win could propel us into a streak, but I don't think a loss would really hurt us from a season-long standpoint, being a road game, division or not.

I've been thinking about what I expect to see tomorrow, what I want to see, and I think it's really pretty simple. I want to see effeciency and effectiveness on offense and I want to see us attacking on defense. Speaking of the defense, I think it's careful to be realistic. I don't believe that the defense that hits the field tomorrow will be the same defense we'll have by midseason; I do expect some improvement tomorrow, some better play, but I don't believe it will be an immediate night and day transformation. That said, the Denver offense could be bad this season, maybe even bad enough to make us look good in week one. Anyway, I think that, either way, I'm not going to get too high or too low about the defense based on what happens tomorrow.

What I really want to see is four quarters of solid play and nothing (or at least not much) that pisses me off. Denver games the last few years -- home and road -- have been...frustrating.

Ugly Duck
09-11-2004, 11:14 PM
you guys should have a better DL than Denver....maybe a better OL....better QB....it could happen....Washington was a great piick-up, plus the OL you drafted...it all starts with the line playWe might be settling at a level somewhat below the hype. Don't really think there will be that much of the 3-4 cuz the linebacking & safety thing ain't settled. We cut Rudd, we're experimenting with tweeners, Gibson is on IR. Undrafted tim Johnson is starting for an injured Nap Harris. Some guy (Marques Anderson) that's never played a down for us will be starting, or else it'll be late rounder Stuart Schweigart. I dunno how fancy the D will be getting for a while...