PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Cornhumpers?

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Looks like Callahan is in mid-season form. Here's to 3-9.

teedubya
09-12-2004, 08:50 AM
hah ha aha ha haah .... Good Job Nebraska... getting rid of Frank Solich and getting Callahan will set Nebraska back DECADES!... heh.

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 08:53 AM
hah ha aha ha haah .... Good Job Nebraska... getting rid of Frank Solich and getting Callahan will set Nebraska back DECADES!... heh.
Hahahahaha. I'll bet Solich is laughing his azz off. Getting replaced by that dolt. I couldn't have wished something that bad on them. Their AD is a fool.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 12:59 PM
It seems NU could have a tough time @Pitt...When is the last time the Huskers have started out 1-2?

chiefqueen
09-12-2004, 01:52 PM
I have a feeling Nebraskans will be begging for a new coach come Oct. 3rd.

KcMizzou
09-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Anybody heard from alanm?

Thig Lyfe
09-12-2004, 01:55 PM
PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ PBJ

alanm
09-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Anybody heard from alanm?Don't you fret none. Nebraska will be back ain't no way Missouri will win. And I still hold with my prediction that Nebraska will win the Big 12 north. You can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win against the # 1 defense in the nation statistically over the previous 5 seasons. Nebraska should have won the game going away yesterday. They went up and down the field against So. Miss but kept turning the ball over. Growing pains in the WC offense was expected. But I'm encouraged that they moved the ball at will again yesterday. We will win next Saturday.

Bowser
09-12-2004, 02:16 PM
I know a few die hard Husker fans, and they have all said that if they get to .500 this season, it will be a success.

Let's hear it for mediocrity! :toast:

alanm
09-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I know a few die hard Husker fans, and they have all said that if they get to .500 this season, it will be a success.

Let's hear it for mediocrity! :toast: They must not be very knowledgeable then. Nebraska had close to 500 yrds in offense again yesterday. They have to stop turning the ball over. That's what killed them yesterday. And they must be forgetting that Nebraska has a top 10 defense that gave up about 250 yrds in offense yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. They weren't blown out like Kstate or Missouri.

KcMizzou
09-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Congrats on the moral victory. ;)

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 02:30 PM
They must not be very knowledgeable then. Nebraska had close to 500 yrds in offense again yesterday. They have to stop turning the ball over. That's what killed them yesterday. And they must be forgetting that Nebraska has a top 10 defense that gave up about 250 yrds in offense yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. They weren't blown out like Kstate or Missouri.
Maybe so but they got their ass kicked at home by an unrecognizable team.

alanm
09-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Maybe so but they got their ass kicked at home by an unrecognizable team.They gave up 18 points on turnovers yesterday. Nebraska beat themselves. Wasn't no asskicking like that was received by Kstate or Missouri. You can't turn the ball over 5+ times a game and realistically expect to win said game. Especially when your down in the red zone.:banghead: Just ask DV :) The game should have been Nebraska 40 something to 9.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Maybe so but they got their ass kicked at home by an unrecognizable team.
You yet again show your ignorance when it comes to college football. Southern Miss is a pretty good team. Sagarin has them at #12, Sportsline's 1-117 has them at #42. Ever hear of Brett Favre? Oh yeah..he's a Southern Miss alum.

Ultra Peanut
09-12-2004, 02:44 PM
They went up and down the field against So. Miss but kept turning the ball over. That happened to us last year in Hattiesburg. Our offense dictated the game, aside from that tiny little matter of 6 turnovers...

Seems USM's defense is pretty good at that whole "making the other team beat themselves" thing.

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:06 PM
That happened to us last year in Hattiesburg. Our offense dictated the game, aside from that tiny little matter of 6 turnovers...

Seems USM's defense is pretty good at that whole "making the other team beat themselves" thing.The thing that killed Nebraska was the int for a touchdown at the end of the 3rd quarter. Dailey has to stop trying to force plays on his own. Untill Calahan beats this into his head or benches him it will continue to happen. Other than that the running game is very good and so is Nebraska's defense. But the big thing is they need to stop with the turnovers. The offense moves up and down the field and the defense has played well but Nebraska keeps shooting itself in the foot in the red zone. So far Dailey has 6 td passes and 7 ints in 2 games. :banghead:

David.
09-12-2004, 04:09 PM
someone needs to change the Callihan smilie. HES NO LONGER A RAIDER YOU SILLY GOOSES

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 04:11 PM
Don't you fret none. Nebraska will be back ain't no way Missouri will win. And I still hold with my prediction that Nebraska will win the Big 12 north. You can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win against the # 1 defense in the nation statistically over the previous 5 seasons. Nebraska should have won the game going away yesterday. They went up and down the field against So. Miss but kept turning the ball over. Growing pains in the WC offense was expected. But I'm encouraged that they moved the ball at will again yesterday. We will win next Saturday.
They certainly didn't move it into the endzone at will.

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:15 PM
They certainly didn't move it into the endzone at will.It was 3 ints and 2 fumbles in the red zone. One int that was run back for a td. Other than that Nebraska dominated So Miss. You can't turn the ball over 6 times and expect to win. That goes for any team.:banghead::cuss:

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 04:15 PM
You yet again show your ignorance when it comes to college football. Southern Miss is a pretty good team. Sagarin has them at #12, Sportsline's 1-117 has them at #42. Ever hear of Brett Favre? Oh yeah..he's a Southern Miss alum.
I didn't say they were bad you ignorant dick. I said they are unrecognizable. You know, not a traditional power. Oh, well, if Favre is from there they must be great.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I didn't say they were bad you ignorant dick. I said they are unrecognizable. You know, not a traditional power. Oh, well, if Favre is from there they must be great.
No, they are a good team because they consistently field a competitive squad. Just because they aren't from a BCS conference, or in the top 25 doesn't make them unrecognizable.

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I didn't say they were bad you ignorant dick. I said they are unrecognizable. You know, not a traditional power. Oh, well, if Favre is from there they must be great.So Miss is a good team. They finished last year at 9-4 and in a bowl game. Statistically they are the No 1 defense the last 5 years in the NCAA. What was encouraging is that Nebraska moved the ball on them at will. Nebraska has a roster filled with Freshman and Sophmores, they will only get better. Nebraska's defense will keep them in ballgames until the offense gets up to speed and quits turning the ball over.:cuss:

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:26 PM
NU's chances at Pitt doesn't look good to me IMO...but who knows.

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 04:29 PM
No, they are a good team because they consistently field a competitive squad. Just because they aren't from a BCS conference, or in the top 25 doesn't make them unrecognizable.
I'll bet you less than 10% of this board could tell you what their mascot is or where it is located. THAT is unrecognizable.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:30 PM
I'll bet you less than 10% of this board could tell you what their mascot is or where it is located. THAT is unrecognizable.
Well, i'll give you that. To this board it is. A board dominated by KU and MU fans, why would anyone know anything about college football?

Dartgod
09-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I can't believe this. A KSU fan throwing smack around after getting thumped at home 45-21.

We're unranked, rebuilding with a brand new coach and new offensive philosophy for the first time
EVAR and lost by four at home after giving up 18 on turnovers. And YOU have the nerve to throw smack at us. Hahaha. You and your team are a friggin' joke!

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I can't believe this. A KSU fan throwing smack around after getting thumped at home 45-21.

We're unranked, rebuilding with a brand new coach and new offensive philosophy for the first time
EVAR and lost by four at home after giving up 18 on turnovers. And YOU have the nerve to throw smack at us. Hahaha. You and your team are a friggin' joke!
Skip Towne is a KSU fan? :shrug:

I didn't think I was throwing around smack. I was even giving So. Miss the due credit they deserve.

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:33 PM
No, they are a good team because they consistently field a competitive squad. Just because they aren't from a BCS conference, or in the top 25 doesn't make them unrecognizable.Saul let's hope for both our teams sake that neither lose again until they meet on Oct 23rd. I'd hate like hell for a team like the Beefalos sneak into the championship game.:cuss:Besides if your going to lose a game it's better in college football to lose in the beginning of the season than in November where a loss hurts more.:thumb:

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Saul let's hope for both our teams sake that neither lose again until they meet on Oct 23rd. I'd hate like hell for a team like the Beefalos sneak into the championship game.:cuss:Besides if your going to lose a game it's better in college football to lose in the beginning of the season than in November where a loss hurts more.:thumb:
Better to lose a non-con game early in the season..yup. You don't see too many early Big XII games, for good reason.

Skip Towne
09-12-2004, 04:37 PM

Because his mouth runs uncontrollably. Haven't you noticed?

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:39 PM

EVAR and lost by four at home after giving up 18 on turnovers. And YOU have the nerve to throw smack at us. Hahaha. You and your team are a friggin' joke!I think Skips a razorback or Missou fan. Dart, How long you think Calahan will stay with Dailey when he keeps making boneheaded throws trying to make the big play when he has open receivers underneath? He may be forced to bench him if he keeps it up. That int for the TD at the end of the 3rd yesterday was just totally f*cking stupid and lost us the game.:cuss:That and his 3 incompletions at the end when they were running the ball well and decided to start passing again at the end. I couldn't figure that out. That was a coaching mistake IMO.

KcMizzou
09-12-2004, 04:40 PM
I think Skips a razorback or Missou fan. ROFL Not exactly.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:42 PM
That was a coaching mistake IMO.
Oh you think so? Callahan isn't the savior eh? :D hehe..j/k alanm. I've got no room to talk right now.

Dartgod
09-12-2004, 04:43 PM
Skip Towne is a KSU fan? :shrug:

I didn't think I was throwing around smack. I was even giving So. Miss the due credit they deserve.
My bad. I thought he was. And you weren't throwing any around. I would delete or edit my post, but I'll leave it there so you all can make fun of me.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Because his mouth runs uncontrollably. Haven't you noticed?
I think you might want to read his last post. He called you a KSU fan. :p

WilliamTheIrish
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I think Skips a razorback or Missou fan.

Yea that phugger is a razorback fan during baseball season, and a Swooner during FB season and Ok. St. during wrestling...and a Mizzou fan during cash payment season... he's all over the place.

:cuss: Bandwagoneer.

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:46 PM
NU's chances at Pitt doesn't look good to me IMO...but who knows.I knew yesterdays game was going to be tough especially if they turned the ball over like they did against Western Illinois. And that's exactly what they did. But they should beat Pitt. Pitt isn't very good. But it is a away game. If Nebraska doesn't turn the ball over I've a feeling they can beat anyone this year. And that includes Oklahoma. Nebraska's defense won't give up many points this year and should be a top 5 defense at the end of the season.:thumb:

Saulbadguy
09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
I knew yesterdays game was going to be tough especially if they turned the ball over like they did against Western Illinois. And that's exactly what they did. But they should beat Pitt. Pitt isn't very good. But it is a away game. If Nebraska doesn't turn the ball over I've a feeling they can beat anyone this year. And that includes Oklahoma. Nebraska's defense won't give up many points this year and should be a top 5 defense at the end of the season.:thumb:
So far Pitt is untested. Their game at USF got postponed, and they beat Ohio 24-3. Who knows...could be a good game.

Bowser
09-12-2004, 04:48 PM
My bad. I thought he was. And you weren't throwing any around. I would delete or edit my post, but I'll leave it there so you all can make fun of me.

Now, what would make you think a passionate, knowledgeable Husker fan would get made fun of on THIS board? I mean, understanding is the undercurrent of the Planet, you know.

And if you believe that, I've got some outstanding ocean front property I could sell ya..........

alanm
09-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Oh you think so? Callahan isn't the savior eh? :D hehe..j/k alanm. I've got no room to talk right now.I couldn't figure it out. They were getting 7-8 yrds a crack running the ball and then they get a 1st down inside the 20 with about a minute and a half remaining in the game. Instead of staying with the run they start throwing the ball again.:banghead: I think if they stayed on the ground they would have scored. Christ, So Miss couldn't stop them on the ground.:cuss: