PDA

View Full Version : No improvement in defensive talent cannot be overcome....

Logical
09-12-2004, 10:23 PM
by Gunther. Big suprise.

We only forced 2 punts the entire game.

Gave up 204 yards rushing

Gave up 230 yards passing

Allowed Q Griffin 156 yards rushing 2 rushing TDs and 1 receiving TD

In short our defense still sucks badly.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
The Bootleg own's us. I don't get how they can bite every damn time. I just hope the D improves as the season goes unlike last year.

2bikemike
09-12-2004, 10:29 PM
The Bootleg own's us. I don't get how they can bite every damn time. I just hope the D improves as the season goes unlike last year.

I always feel like the bootleg fugs us. IIRC I think we were weak with that from the last time Gunther was here. I could be wrong and those years under the other fugtard were whats stuck in my mind.

I also saw some pretty good plays but way too many gaffs.

Logical
09-12-2004, 10:30 PM
If it was only the bootleg I would not have made this thread. Their running game completely owned us.

CanadaKC
09-12-2004, 10:31 PM
yup. we made griffin look like barry sanders for f#*k sake!!!!!! If it weren't for Jake's certain momentary lapses of reason...this game would have been even worse. Wanted....one desperately talented playmaking defensive player with leadership skills, uncanny natural talent, speed, and ability to read plays....someone who other teams FEAR

Logical
09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
yup. we made griffin look like barry sanders for f#*k sake!!!!!! If it weren't for Jake's certain momentary lapses of reason...this game would have been even worse. Wanted....one desperately talented playmaking defensive player with leadership skills, uncanny natural talent, speed, and ability to read plays....someone who other teams FEAR

Yup it was worse than the score indicated. As hard as that is to believe.

BigRedChief
09-12-2004, 11:14 PM
They left $6 mil on the table they could have spent on getting at least one good defensive player. Standing pat on defense is going to bit us in the ass more than once this year.

Chief Fanatic
09-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Our D still blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Logical
09-12-2004, 11:59 PM
They left $6 mil on the table they could have spent on getting at least one good defensive player. Standing pat on defense is going to bit us in the ass more than once this year.

I wonder who else has been pointing this out all offseason.

Thanks for nothing Carl I hope you enjoyed your vacation.:cuss: