PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah! The Chiefs have a defense again!

wazu
09-12-2004, 10:32 PM
0-1. The offense let us down. Green blew it for us, but we all know he sucks in September. He'll turn it around like he always does.

Kansas City is back. We have a defense that actually looks tough to get around. Denver played well, and neutralized Dante, but it's a long season. The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC West. If I didn't believe it, I'd be the first to pile on.

cdcox
09-12-2004, 10:33 PM
What game did you watch?

jcroft
09-12-2004, 10:34 PM
Is this thread for real?

Redcoats58
09-12-2004, 10:34 PM
I wish I had your optimism. Green looked like crap because the receivers can't get open and Tony Gonzalez was easily covered by Champ Bailey.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 10:35 PM
stop drinking

Logical
09-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Adam, are you OK, see your mental therapist immediately. This pathetic defense only forced the not that great Denver offense to punt twice. Gave up 435 yards of offense and 205 rushing yards. Nice try at being optimistic but this one is just silly.

suds79
09-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I can only assume that this is a joke.

But just in case..... Clinton Griffen torched us.

Yes..... Clinton Griffen.

digi2fish
09-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I miss DT.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I can't say I agree with you. Our defense looked like crap tonight. That doesn't mean I'm throwing in the towel, but tonight's game was attrocious for the defense. The offense shouldn't have to score 35 points every game just to win.

Mosbonian
09-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Adam, are you OK, see your mental therapist immediately. This pathetic defense only forced the not that great Denver offense to punt twice. Gave up 435 yards of offense and 205 rushing yards. Nice try at being optimistic but this one is just silly.

While I share your disappointment in the D, to place the blame totally on the defense would be unfair.

The offense looked as inept in todays game as the Defense did in the playoff game against the Colts last year.

mmaddog

Frazod
The defense was better. Still not nearly good enough, but better. Our offense hung them out to dry the length of the first half - let's not forget that. In the second half of a game in Denver, it's no big shock that a visiting defense goes to hell in the thin air.

2bikemike
0-1. The offense let us down. Green blew it for us, but we all know he sucks in September. He'll turn it around like he always does.

Kansas City is back. We have a defense that actually looks tough to get around. Denver played well, and neutralized Dante, but it's a long season. The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC West. If I didn't believe it, I'd be the first to pile on.

You forgot to use the sarcasm smilies.

wazu
09-12-2004, 10:39 PM
I realize you guys have probably whipped yourselves into a frenzy during some game thread I didn't read, but the Chiefs defense was pretty damn tough, and took the ball away 3 times in Denver, and sacked Plummer twice.

10 of our points can be attributed to the defense, and one sure-fire touchdown was reversed by the third turnover.

KC looked aggressive. It was a great game. Gonzales looked like a victim and Green looked like a QB with a lot of excuses. The momentum-swinger was when Green got sacked for 20+ yards.

KC's offense dropped the ball. The defense showed up. The special teams was a non-factor.

David.
09-12-2004, 10:39 PM
we sucked. We'll still win the West. I offer an Avatar/Sig bet to anyone who thinks we wont.

Mosbonian
09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
And...

To add to it, I saw some small improvements in the Defense that we never even came close to seeing last year.

The problem is, there was still to much missed coverage and sloppy tackling.

mmaddog

beer bacon
09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Seemed to me that our defense looked fine for a drive or two in the first half. They also made a plan here or there, but most of the game they were horrible.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 10:42 PM
I saw a midget QB who has played 8 snaps in the NFL run through our D like a Bull through a preschool.....didin't anyone else notice?

Rain Man
09-12-2004, 10:42 PM
The defense still failed miserably, and bears most of the responsibility for the loss since they gave up 34 points.

However, they at least showed some signs of life. Unlike the past couple of years when the defense failed consistently, looked lost and hopeless, and mostly just stood around, at least these guys were hustling and hitting and occasionally making plays.

They'll get better.

wazu
09-12-2004, 10:57 PM
You are all on crack. KC's defense looked f*cking awesome.

Gunther is back.

splatbass
09-12-2004, 10:58 PM
I thought overall the defense played pretty well. There were some breakdowns, and the damn bootleg fooled them every time, but if the offense had played better it would have taken the pressure off of the defense. Our defense is improved, but you can't expect them to win games for us.

Logical
09-12-2004, 10:59 PM

Gunther is back.ROFLROFLROFL Sarcasm without smilies is the best.

Frankie
09-12-2004, 10:59 PM
Green was not at fault. He was getting pressure from both sides (yes even from Roaf's side). Our Receivers were not getting open AT ALL leaving Green out there to dry. And they were not blocking either. Though our 'D' sucked too, I'm more concerned about our WRs than our 'D.' I think the 'D' will get better. Not our receivers. You couldn't be more off with your assessment Adam.

wazu
09-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Gotta say, I'm surprised to be one of the only ones saying the defense looked good. I realize they aren't supposed to be the strength of our team, but I thought for what is expected of them that 3 takeaways and 2 sacks on the road was pretty damned good.

Not to mention they just generally looked tougher and more aggressive than I have seen them look in years.

This was not the Chiefs D of the past two years. Our D stopped them numerous times. Our offense did not hold up to it's expected standard. We are an offensive team. Our guys are expected to put up 30+ points. They didn't.

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:12 PM
they gave up 34 points to a one dimensional QB and an unproven RB who actually fumbled in the endzone....when we needed a stop in the 4th to give us a chance to tie the game, they let Denver march down the field and score a TD...

I seriously doubt we were watching the same game.

BigChiefFan
09-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Gotta say, I'm surprised to be one of the only ones saying the defense looked good. I realize they aren't supposed to be the strength of our team, but I thought for what is expected of them that 3 takeaways and 2 sacks on the road was pretty damned good.

Not to mention they just generally looked tougher and more aggressive than I have seen them look in years.

This was not the Chiefs D of the past two years. Our D stopped them numerous times. Our offense did not hold up to it's expected standard. We are an offensive team. Our guys are expected to put up 30+ points. They didn't.
Tomorrow is probably a better time to get a realistic approach to your thread. Tonight is bitch and moan and get things off your chest, at least it is for me. :p

JohnnyV13
09-13-2004, 03:30 AM
Frankie,

Your avatar is amusing since Andrew Jackson was one of the most corrupt and worst presidents this country has ever had.

Taco John
09-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Thanks for hanging me with a sig this week Adam.

No, we didn't bet. And no, I didn't lose... But I'll wear your sig anyway... ROFL

Taco John
09-14-2004, 06:45 PM

Gunther is back.

Does this thread qualify for the Hall of Classics?

wazu
09-14-2004, 06:56 PM
Does this thread qualify for the Hall of Classics?

Not yet, but it will when the Chiefs finish with a Top 15 defense.

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 07:03 PM

Gunther is back.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 07:05 PM
ROFLROFLROFL Sarcasm without smilies is the best.
We need a "You are on crack, Gunther is Back" smiley.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Anytime our D forces a punt the rest of the year, I am gonna scream, "you are on CRACK, GUNTHER IS BACK!!!"

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Not yet, but it will when the Chiefs finish with a Top 15 defense.
Your on CRACK, GUNTHER IS BACK!!!

ROFL

Skip Towne
09-14-2004, 07:21 PM
The 24 points we scored was enough to beat everybody but Minnesota and Denver. Look squarely at the _efense.

Calcountry
09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
The 24 points we scored was enough to beat everybody but Minnesota and Denver. Look squarely at the _efense.
IMHO, the onus is on the _fense. Until they prove otherwise they are _tarded.

What would make me jump up and say, OMG, our D is back! hey wait a minute, I smeall a good thread, see ya.

whoman69
09-14-2004, 07:34 PM
The offense certainly did not help out the D in this game. The fact that we caused three turnovers and still lost by 10 speaks volumes. At times the offense could do nothing. It was a mistake not getting Smith involved in the offense since he had alot more time in camp than Morton and Kennison. Nobody was getting open, and I believe that cost us the game as much as the defense if not more.

Taco John
09-14-2004, 09:57 PM
The offense certainly did not help out the D in this game. The fact that we caused three turnovers and still lost by 10 speaks volumes. At times the offense could do nothing. It was a mistake not getting Smith involved in the offense since he had alot more time in camp than Morton and Kennison. Nobody was getting open, and I believe that cost us the game as much as the defense if not more.

This is the thing that floors me, and actually give me a bit of concern about our offense. We gave up turnovers on 3 of a succession of four drives. We can't do that.

milkman
09-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Nobody was getting open, and I believe that cost us the game as much as the defense if not more.

I agree with this.
I posted this exact same idea during the game.

We are, at this time, a team that relies on offense to win games.

We all hope(d) that the D would improve under Gun, but the reality is, we can't expect too much.

I still think, with a couple of personel changes in the D, and time, that the D will improve.

But to win, our O has to work.
If the receivers can't get open, then it won't work to maximum efficiecy.

Idahojim
09-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Green had an off night, but the major thing that hurt us was not the offense or the defense. It was the field position battle. And that had a lot to do with the think air and some great kicking by Knorr.

There won't be any thin air at Arrowhead in December.

To me, that was the most critical thing about the game. Won't happen again all season.

Sunday will be a TOTALLY different story.

Taco John
09-14-2004, 11:30 PM
If Welbourne has the kind of season like he played on Sunday Night, Trent Green is going to be exposed.

alanm
09-14-2004, 11:45 PM
If Welbourne has the kind of season like he played on Sunday Night, Trent Green is going to be exposed.Considering he's brand new at Right Tackle and is playing on a bum knee which is about 70% he didn't look all that bad. Sure he got beat on the outside speed rush a couple of times. But with more reps and some time to heal he should be fine. Either that or the job will go to Sampson or Bober.

2bikemike
09-14-2004, 11:51 PM
If Welbourne has the kind of season like he played on Sunday Night, Trent Green is going to be exposed.

Just like if your tackles falter O'l Southpaw Jake may just rear his ugly head.

Hammock Parties
09-14-2004, 11:52 PM

Hell one well-timed Gunther blitz was enough to get Jake to make a bonehead play.

Taco John
09-15-2004, 12:04 AM

I have a feeling that we'll see it again even if our tackles hold up...

That thing was atrocious.

Taco John
09-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Hell one well-timed Gunther blitz was enough to get Jake to make a bonehead play.

Did he seriously just threaten me with Gunther?

God I'm so glad we beat you guys in week one so we don't have to listen to this "Gunther" garbage until you guys get delusional again in December.

2bikemike
09-15-2004, 12:06 AM
I have a feeling that we'll see it again even if our tackles hold up...

That thing was atrocious.

Actually I enjoyed it. But I can see your perspective. I have visions of a 23 yd sack. :cuss: :banghead:

Hammock Parties
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM

God I'm so glad we beat you guys in week one so we don't have to listen to this "Gunther" garbage until you guys get delusional again in December.

Gunther now has some tape to work with on Shanahan. That bootleg won't work again in December.

If it does, Gunther can get the f*ck outta dodge.

alanm
09-15-2004, 12:29 AM

God I'm so glad we beat you guys in week one so we don't have to listen to this "Gunther" garbage until you guys get delusional again in December.Well, come to think of it.... Naw.. by then you guys will be mired down in 3rd place in the division.ROFL j/k

Pants
09-15-2004, 12:42 AM
To be honest I like the Donks' uniforms. Does that make me gay? But seriously I could see them getting 2nd place in AFCW... maybe.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2004, 06:12 AM
Gunther now has some tape to work with on Shanahan. That bootleg won't work again in December.

If it does, Gunther can get the f*ck outta dodge.

So, Gunther was unable to access the tapes from 2003.. loaded with bootlegs?

Mile High Mania
09-15-2004, 06:15 AM

Jake did that at a point when the planet server was down and I thought "THANK THE FOOTBALL GODS"... somewhere Talking Can was flipping and going estatic. I'm sure he was upset he couldn't post his anti-Plummer propaganda in real-time. :)

I saw that left handed pass and almost lost my mind...

Mr. Kotter
09-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Sh*t, this sux. I'm finding myself agreeing with Jim about something other than politics.... :banghead:

ROFL

the Talking Can
09-15-2004, 06:52 AM
Jake did that at a point when the planet server was down and I thought "THANK THE FOOTBALL GODS"... somewhere Talking Can was flipping and going estatic. I'm sure he was upset he couldn't post his anti-Plummer propaganda in real-time. :)

I saw that left handed pass and almost lost my mind...

Damn straight.