PDA

View Full Version : The end is near. Our D would produce the same result if GRob was running it

RealSNR
09-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Bullshit. Get a clue.

Did you not see that we made plays tonight? We were pretty successful in stopping the run the whole game until the big plays happened.

Unlike GRob's D, this D will get better as the season progresses. You'll see improvement in the players and how they execute the plays.

You can flame my optimistic ass all you want, but it's game one of an entirely new D where the linebackers have to re-learn everything that they've done for 3 years now. It's Denver's offense, but it was at Denver, and against Rat, who always plays damn tough on opening day.

Logical
09-12-2004, 11:04 PM
ROFL

Yea its not the same pathetic lack of talent. You just keep telling yourself that when you remember this was Denver we just got massacred by tonight.

VonneMarie
09-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Gun did say the type of defense he runs will give up the big plays now and then.

TEX
09-12-2004, 11:12 PM
ROFL

Yea its not the same pathetic lack of talent. You just keep telling yourself that when you remember this was Denver we just got massacred by tonight.

Um...you know that they couldn't stop the run very well either...

beer bacon
09-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I do think our D will be somewhat better by season's end. I used to think that with Gunther they would be a top 15 D. After tonight I will be happy if we can crack the top 25.

Logical
09-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Um...you know that they couldn't stop the run very well either...

That is why when we had to drive the field we could only manage 14 points.

RealSNR
09-12-2004, 11:21 PM
ROFL

Yea its not the same pathetic lack of talent. You just keep telling yourself that when you remember this was Denver we just got massacred by tonight.So you would feel exactly the same way if GRob called this game?

the Talking Can
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
for most of the game I thought GR was calling the plays....especially on 3rd downs, jesus

Logical
09-13-2004, 12:00 AM
So you would feel exactly the same way if GRob called this game?

Yes I saw no improvement whatsoever.

DenverChief
09-13-2004, 12:02 AM
Bullshit. Get a clue.

Exactly, thank you ...the main problem was the offense couldn't move the ball after the first drive w/o a short field

TEX
09-13-2004, 12:04 AM
That is why when we had to drive the field we could only manage 14 points.

That was mostly becasue our WR's couldn't get any separation. The running game had absolutely nothing to do with our inability to sustain long drives.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 05:03 AM
Yes I saw no improvement whatsoever.

That's because you have no idea what you're watching.

broncobilly
09-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Bullshit. Get a clue.

Did you not see that we made plays tonight? We were pretty successful in stopping the run the whole game until the big plays happened.

Unlike GRob's D, this D will get better as the season progresses. You'll see improvement in the players and how they execute the plays.

You can flame my optimistic ass all you want, but it's game one of an entirely new D where the linebackers have to re-learn everything that they've done for 3 years now. It's Denver's offense, but it was at Denver, and against Rat, who always plays damn tough on opening day.

ROFL ROFL

dilusional.

yakkyakk
09-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Yea the defense is just fine,is the friggin' offense's fault for not scoring 50 points a game!

Coach
09-13-2004, 10:31 AM
Folks, we all know that anytime the Chiefs matchup with a divisional opponent it is going to be a fight to the finish.

When you play someone in their house it just makes it worse.

Come on, did anyone honestly expect Gunther to come in and magically transform our defense into a top flight squad by the first game of the season?

Really, note that the Denver defense is pretty solid and statistically we are very close considering attempts and time of possesion.

The offense struggled last night, it was quite obviously that Welbourn had problems adjusting and it caused tremendous pressure on Trent Green but looked like a rookie???

Give me a break, how many rookies do you know that would go 16 for 31 with 155 yards passing with no premier wideouts and Champ Bailey covering?

He made some mistakes but they were caused by pressure.

Their defense couldn't stop Priest Holmes any better than ours could stop Griffin. Priest was 167 yards and 3 TDs on 28 attempts and Griffin was 202 yards on 35 attempts with 2 TDs.

I would say that is something of a bright point considering Priest couldn't break 100 yards against the Donks last season.

Our redzone efficiency was 100% our goal to go efficiency was 100% and we were 3-3 with extra points and 1-2 on field goal attempts with one for 50 yards which Anderson could have never made.

The defense was able to sack Plummer once for 23 yards, Intercept the ball twice and force 3 fumbles with 1 recovered. All of this without our two starting defensive ends for half the game and a weak side linebacker converted from a defensive end playing his first game in the NFL as a middle linebacker.

They were afraid to even kick to Dante Hall which was chicken shit in my opinion (like intentionally walking Barry Bonds everytime he steps to the plate) so they basically took away him as a weapon so we started every drive but one on the 20 yard line.

Obviously since the Donks were at home the officials were bias as usual (same as if we were at Arrowhead). So the Chiefs go 9 penalties for 70 yards (all in the worst possible places) and the Donks were only 4 penalties for 35 yards.

The main thing that bothered me was seeing Gonzalez and Morton being manhandled all night with no flags.

Something is wrong when there is a special emphasis on the PI rule and the only time it is called all night is against a tight end for offensive pass interference.

At any rate none of this should be used as an excuse.

The Donkeys played a smarter and better game straight up, there is no denying that. It was a tough loss but so what, they are a good team and they still have to come and play us in our house later on in the season.

Personally I feel if you want to complain about last nights game, put your money where your mouth is. Post some sort of statistics that show how bad you are saying we are and the reason that you think so.

Myself, although a bit disappointed, am looking at the bright points of the game and looking forward to our next meeting and 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Calcountry
09-13-2004, 10:39 AM
ROFL

If not for the 3 gift turnovers, which led to 10 points for us, and a stop of a sure TD for them, they blow us away.

When you get 3 TO's like that, you are suppose to win the game. :shake:

The O, minus Holmes, struggled.

Gee, didn't everyone remember when we passed on the top WR in the Draft, then didn't do anything in FA to upgrade our D. :shake:

I blame cheap daddy warbucks uncle Lamar for this. :shake:

Calcountry
09-13-2004, 10:45 AM
.They were afraid to even kick to Dante Hall which was chicken shit in my opinion (like intentionally walking Barry Bonds everytime he steps to the plate) so they basically took away him as a weapon so we started every drive but one on the 20 yard line.

I disagree with this. If Dante was such a weapon, then why didn't he at least TRY to run a kick back out of the Endzone. Especially when we were down late, you got to take that chance every now and then, even from the end zone if you are that great that is.

I also saw a bounced punt that a more agressive Dante would have tried on a year ago and was content to let it bounce out of bounds for about an 80 yard net punt.

Way to passive for the kind of weapon you made him out to be.

Perhaps he is saving himself for that starting WR role?

Coach
09-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I disagree with this. If Dante was such a weapon, then why didn't he at least TRY to run a kick back out of the Endzone. Especially when we were down late, you got to take that chance every now and then, even from the end zone if you are that great that is.

I also saw a bounced punt that a more agressive Dante would have tried on a year ago and was content to let it bounce out of bounds for about an 80 yard net punt.

Way to passive for the kind of weapon you made him out to be.

Perhaps he is saving himself for that starting WR role?

To purposely kick away from a returner (on both punts and kickoffs) no matter what the cost (this is the second time Denver has done it) is just chicken s**t. Shanahan said on national TV that they were going to do it before the game. F**k, why bother kicking the ball off at all? Why not just give it to each team on the 20 to start and be done with it? Then we wouldn't need half the salaries on special teams.

King_Chief_Fan
09-14-2004, 11:10 AM
I do think our D will be somewhat better by season's end. I used to think that with Gunther they would be a top 15 D. After tonight I will be happy if we can crack the top 25.

After week one, we are 30th.......only 5 spots to go!

Mr. Laz
09-14-2004, 11:42 AM
but will we ever learn how to tackle??

Tombstone RJ
09-14-2004, 11:48 AM
Bullshit. Get a clue.

I know that being "pretty successful" is good enough for most chef's fans. Heck, just getting to the playoffs is "pretty successful" and darnit, that is what the chefs did last year.

"Pretty successful" is just fine... yah right. ROFL

|Zach|
09-14-2004, 11:53 AM
If not for the 3 gift turnovers, which led to 10 points for us, and a stop of a sure TD for them, they blow us away.

When you get 3 TO's like that, you are suppose to win the game. :shake:

The O, minus Holmes, struggled.

Gee, didn't everyone remember when we passed on the top WR in the Draft, then didn't do anything in FA to upgrade our D. :shake:

I blame cheap daddy warbucks uncle Lamar for this. :shake:
This is the thing that amazes me about Chiefs Planet...

Take away the 3 Turnovers... Why? We got those turnovers...that one INT was very nice.

Why is it people are interested in forgetting things we do well. Its like when we do something well it has nothing to do with us but when we do something not well its all on us.

If you take away the Broncos TDs plays their offense didn't score a lot of points...

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 12:36 PM
This is the thing that amazes me about Chiefs Planet...

Take away the 3 Turnovers... Why? We got those turnovers...that one INT was very nice.

Why is it people are interested in forgetting things we do well. Its like when we do something well it has nothing to do with us but when we do something not well its all on us.

If you take away the Broncos TDs plays their offense didn't score a lot of points...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 12:39 PM
After week one, we are 30th.......only 5 spots to go!

Tied for 30th with the PATRIOTS.

The mighty mighty Broncos are 25th.