PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catch Jr's BULL RUSH?

TEX
09-12-2004, 11:22 PM
ESPN didn't replay it, but he really put a rush on Nalen and sacked Jake. I think it shows what kind of player he's gonna be. He already made a contribution in week one. :thumb:

Phobia
09-12-2004, 11:24 PM
Good. Screw the rotation. Put him in and move Browning to one of the end spots. It doesn't matter which one - neither player is worth a shit.

go bo
09-13-2004, 12:06 AM
ESPN didn't replay it, but he really put a rush on Nalen and sacked Jake. I think it shows what kind of player he's gonna be. He already made a contribution in week one. :thumb:well, it certainly shows he can get it done when he does it right...

now he needs to learn some more technique, and he might be very good after awhile...

very good...

TEX
09-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Good. Screw the rotation. Put him in and move Browning to one of the end spots. It doesn't matter which one - neither player is worth a shit.

EXACTLY! I'd replace Holiday next week with Browning and rotate Dalton and Saivii...

Rain Man
09-13-2004, 12:08 AM
Pretty darn impressive, I must say.

On another note, it bugs me when I look and see all of the second stringers in there together on the line. Does it really make that much difference in cohesiveness to bring them in as a unit?

Honestly, I hate seeing the second string in there anyway. There's a reason that they're not starting.

KCWolfman
09-13-2004, 01:26 AM
Speaking of replay, has anyone noticed a drastic reduction this season?

They are so intent with their cute intros, sidebars from the color commentators, and the increase of commercials that I have missed the replays on penalties and good plays.

TEX
09-13-2004, 01:29 AM

They are so intent with their cute intros, sidebars from the color commentators, and the increase of commercials that I have missed the replays on penalties and good plays.

Seems the only way they show a lot of replays is if the player is wearing a microphone... :hmmm: As a matter of fact the very reason why they didn't show Jr's was because they were still showing Champ's pick which had occured way earlier... :mad:

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2004, 01:29 AM

They are so intent with their cute intros, sidebars from the color commentators, and the increase of commercials that I have missed the replays on penalties and good plays.I know what you mean. Thank goodness for Tivo!

go bo
09-13-2004, 01:30 AM

They are so intent with their cute intros, sidebars from the color commentators, and the increase of commercials that I have missed the replays on penalties and good plays.now that you mention it...

go bo
09-13-2004, 01:32 AM
Seems the only way they show a lot of replays is if the player is wearing a microphone... :hmmm: As a matter of fact the very reason why they didn't show Jr's was because they were still showing Champ's pick which had occured way earlier... :mad:yeah, that was annoying... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

(wish i had tivo... :( )

Swanman
09-13-2004, 07:08 AM

Overall, besides the stunning HD picture quality, I thought the broadcast was piss poor at times. Summerall is so senile it took him about 5 minutes to get through the starting lineups and we almost missed a few plays as a result. And I really wish someone would circulate a memo to Theismann and McGuire that the Denver RB's last name is Griffin, not Griffith. Also, when they showed that little montage of the coverage of Tony G, none of the announcers mentioned the fact that he was getting raped on every play well past the five-yard point, especially given the emphasis on the illegal contact rules.

kc rush
09-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Also, when they showed that little montage of the coverage of Tony G, none of the announcers mentioned the fact that he was getting raped on every play well past the five-yard point, especially given the emphasis on the illegal contact rules.

At least the refs are still willing to call offensive pass interference against Tony G during donx games.

Chieficus
09-13-2004, 08:30 AM
ESPN didn't replay it, but he really put a rush on Nalen and sacked Jake. I think it shows what kind of player he's gonna be. He already made a contribution in week one. :thumb:

I remember that play...was sitting in the sports bar watching the game and thought, "dang, who was that?" Then I saw the hair... ROFL

I'm not 100% sure, but I think he was in there the very next play as well...if that was him again, he also had some good penetration there as well...

I couldn't watch the 2nd half on TV, but I don't remember hearing anything about him being in there after that...which is sad...

(BTW--when you watch half the game with the TV announcers and listen to half of it with the radio crew, it makes you realize just how much better the radio crew is...)

jspchief
09-13-2004, 08:33 AM

Say hello to ESPN/ABC football. It's almost become unwatchable. I don't know how many times I was waiting for a replay while they were showing crap that no one cares about.

TNTEICHER
09-13-2004, 08:37 AM
EXACTLY! I'd replace Holiday next week with Browning and rotate Dalton and Saivii...

I was thinking the same thing last night. The d-line needs to get more of a push and Junior will be able to colapse a pocket.
Vermeil needs to get over the notion that he has to stick with certain guys and not play rookies. Junior and Richard Smith need more playing time.

Dartgod
09-13-2004, 08:45 AM
Seems the only way they show a lot of replays is if the player is wearing a microphone... :hmmm: As a matter of fact the very reason why they didn't show Jr's was because they were still showing Champ's pick which had occured way earlier... :mad:
Oh, was that the one when he said, "ugh........................ugh..............ugh...."?

That was AWESOME!

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Good call re: replace Holliday w/ Browning. He bites on the misdirection constantly. Plus, Siavii can blow up plays... he proved that last night.

Now Barber needs to figure out how to stop overpursuing, or we need to replace his ass too.

Radar Chief
09-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Oh, was that the one when he said, "ugh........................ugh..............ugh...."?

That was AWESOME!

Or it could’a been the one where he said, "ugh........................ugh..............ugh....". Man that was classic.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 09:03 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night. The d-line needs to get more of a push and Junior will be able to colapse a pocket.
Vermeil needs to get over the notion that he has to stick with certain guys and not play rookies. Junior and Richard Smith need more playing time.

Yep. I suggested it on my thread. :toast:

TEX
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM

I agree with playing Junior. At least he'll line up correctly at critical times... :hmmm:

NewChief
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM

I think I made the exact same post last year at this time in the season. It seems to get worse and worse every year.