PDA

View Full Version : Where's Mr. Green when you need him???

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:13 AM
I have not seen Trent look this bad since his first year with us. 23 yard sack?? No excuses. Throwing into double, triple coverage, gotta be kidding me. Opinion please

the Talking Can
09-13-2004, 12:14 AM
that's because these WRs are worse than snoop minnis

Pants
09-13-2004, 12:16 AM
I think it's because he felt A LOT more pressure than usuall. Thanks to TTR for that. But eventually Welbourn will get better at pass protection.

People need to lay the f**k off of our recievers. We did fine last year, no one seemed to bitch that much.

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:18 AM
So because of the receivers you run 25 yards backwards instead of throw the ball away? Throw the ball into triple coverage, double coverage, to a totally covered receiver. Where was Tony? That was not the Trent Green I've seen the past two years, or this pre season and camp

the Talking Can
09-13-2004, 12:19 AM
So because of the receivers you run 25 yards backwards instead of throw the ball away? Throw the ball into triple coverage, double coverage, to a totally covered receiver. Where was Tony? That was not the Trent Green I've seen the past two years, or this pre season and camp

tony was covered the whole game

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:20 AM
This is why we need Wilson BAD

tk13
09-13-2004, 12:20 AM
The sack was horrible, stupid, just about any bad adjective you can think of.

The throwing into coverage though... what's he supposed to do? Nobody's open. You can't plug an appliance into a socket if it's covered in duct tape... it's covered up. Same principle. What we watched tonight was called defense. Unfortunately it's been so long I think most of us forgot what it looks like.

digi2fish
09-13-2004, 12:23 AM
our targets have been limited.
Gonzo has been covered for the whole game, and Holmes can't catch the passings, too.
the 3 TDs we have were the rushing TD by Holmes.

DV has to do something with that, otherwise we're going to have a tough, tough season.

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:24 AM
This is not the offense of the past two years. This is going to be a long season

TRR
09-13-2004, 12:24 AM
I didn't see a WR get open all night except for Kennison's catch early on.

I also thought Welbourn didn't play as bad as people think. The penalties were terrible, no question, and he was beaten twice in which Green avoided the sack, but Welbourn was an animal in the running game. He might be our best blocker on running downs. He is agile, quick, and nasty in the running game.

We will see if JW can turn his pass blocking around.

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:26 AM
Something's gotta change. I thing (including myself) we all take the chemistry of our o line for granted

Hammock Parties
09-13-2004, 12:29 AM
This is not the offense of the past two years. This is going to be a long season

You're nuts.

Chief Fanatic
09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm Nuts? You're crazy!! No receivers, a new tackle, banged up receiving core to go along with the no name recievers, maybe you should look at the whole picture sometime, instead of holding on to last year and the year before. Offenses don't get better staying the same

Pants
09-13-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm Nuts? You're crazy!! No receivers, a new tackle, banged up receiving core to go along with the no name recievers, maybe you should look at the whole picture sometime, instead of holding on to last year and the year before. Offenses don't get better staying the same

Holy shit, SHUT THE FU*K UP about the recievers. NOTHING has changed there since last year. Why do you expect the offense to change then? Yeah they don't get any better, but please, oh please tell me with your infinite wisdom why they get worse?

The new tackle kicked ass during the run. He will only get better in pass protection with a little bit of time. Did you hear the crowd at Pile High? He won't have that many penalties during other games, especially home games.

So yeah, no offense, but you are fugging NUTS.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2004, 12:49 AM

Did you miss the part where Kennison had 101 yards on 6 catches? Morton missed all of camp and preseason and still had 3 grabs for 30 yards. Not too bad, IMO.

Trent played like shit tonight. So did Welbourn.

Better luck next week. One loss is NOT the end of the world. IT NEVER IS.

bpc
09-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Something happened to the KC offense...

they got

alanm
09-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Trent played like shit tonight. It's rare, but it does happen on occaision. Denver just played better when they had too. I'd like to know what happened to our rookie WR's? I believe I saw Smith one time.:cuss:

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Something happened to the KC offense...

they gotEAT SHIT, TROLL!

TEX
09-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Did you miss the part where Kennison had 101 yards on 6 catches? Morton missed all of camp and preseason and still had 3 grabs for 30 yards. Not too bad, IMO.

Trent played like shit tonight. So did Welbourn.

Better luck next week. One loss is NOT the end of the world. IT NEVER IS.

I think that Trent played like $HIT tonight mostly because of Welbourn. :hmmm:

That and because I started him in my Fantacy league... :banghead:

E@SHSU
09-13-2004, 01:05 AM
Glad I'm not the only one with that curse.