PDA

View Full Version : 10:11 in the fourth quater

Morry
09-13-2004, 01:50 AM
3-7-50 (10:11) T.Green pass to E.Kennison to DEN 46 for 4 yards (R.Alexander).

That was the changing point of the game in my opinion
Denver had just kicked the field goal on their last possesion that put them up 27-24.

Kennison caught the ball on the run three yards short of the first down and he came to a stop and tried to cut inside of Rookie cornerback Roc Alexander. Alexander got both his hands on Kennison's shoulder pads and used his momentum to throw the receiver to the ground short of the first down.

I don't disagree with Kennison's attempt to cut inside on the fast moving rookie however I didn't really see the extra effort i would expect from a 9 year vetern in the fourth quater on the road againist what would appear to be the hardest divisonal oppenent.

People say the game wasn't even as close as the score, that is bullshit. Kennison shakes this tackle and I believe KC goes ahead by 4 points with less than 8 mintues left in the game, what happens from there is anyone's guess but this is the NFL and every game is desided by small plays by small people just like this one.

The only crictical thing i could say is that i would have liked to have seen more rushing out of us in that postition, we all sort of felt like the defense wasnt going to stop Denver in the closing mintues so lets run clock and get pyshical, we have the damned horses to bully anyone, espically considering how the receivers looked like the 76er's "players" when AI calls the ISO with the ball in his hand at the elbow.

By the way that was the only recorded tackle by the Rookie Cornerback in the entire game

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 01:54 AM
have to agree on that play. Kennison HAD to get that 1st down and didn't. Kinda reminded me of the Marty days when the plan was to stop before the 1st down marker, then try to catch the ball and run the 2-3 yards needed for a first down.

DaWolf
09-13-2004, 01:59 AM
I didn't really think Kennison could have done much more in terms of "effort" unless he just found some incredible balance there and would have been able to not fall after the hit. Maybe running the route a bit deeper but it was a good play by the defender.

I think we should have gone for it on 4th down.

The one play that told me it wasn't going to be our night was that pass to Johnnie Morton when the coverage broke down. Apparently had the ball gotten to Morton he could have taken it to the house because the coverage was blown. Unfortunately for us the pass got barely deflected before it got to him. That's the way it was, when our D broke down, it REALLY broke down. When Denver's did (and it didn't happen nearly as much as ours), they usually managed to recover or we failed to capitalize, except for that 33 yarder by Priest...

go bo
09-13-2004, 02:02 AM
have to agree on that play. Kennison HAD to get that 1st down and didn't. Kinda reminded me of the Marty days when the plan was to stop before the 1st down marker, then try to catch the ball and run the 2-3 yards needed for a first down.yeah, that did look eerily familiar...

Morry
09-13-2004, 02:03 AM
They didnt replay that play to Morton, he got up looking for a flag and only got his left hand up and on the ball. I was really curious if he was being held and if so why there was no flag, and if he wasnt being held how can he not get his right hand up as well??

i hate to fault the refs but this was the only game I saw today for personal reasons and i really wondered if the secondary calls (on the new enforcement) were as loose in the other games

TEX
09-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Kennison was LUCKY to catch the ball as the pass was underthrown. Had Trent hit him in stride, it would have been an easy first down... :banghead:

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 02:06 AM
i hate to fault the refs but this was the only game I saw today for personal reasons and i really wondered if the secondary calls (on the new enforcement) were as loose in the other games

Seemed like there were plenty of flags being thrown for that in the Vikings/Cowboys game.

Didn't see enough of the Pittsburg game due to a call to go referee a domestic squable.

Morry
09-13-2004, 02:08 AM
I wasn't being so critcial of Kennison as i was just noting the play was very privtal in my opinion

I agreed Kennison showed a lot of effort and Green's pass was underthrown but i would say that a receivers job is to get those passes and turn them up field...

I dont have such a problem with throwing under the coverage in that situation (can't believe i am saying that) but you have to get the first down if thats the route you are going to run.

I would have liked to have seen more screen and swing passes to number 31

go bo
09-13-2004, 02:12 AM
I wasn't being so critcial of Kennison as i was just noting the play was very privtal in my opinion

I agreed Kennison showed a lot of effort and Green's pass was underthrown but i would say that a receivers job is to get those passes and turn them up field...

I dont have such a problem with throwing under the coverage in that situation (can't believe i am saying that) but you have to get the first down if thats the route you are going to run.

I would have liked to have seen more screen and swing passes to number 31me too, but it seemed like denver squashed our screen when we tried to run it...

other than priest running the ball, the o didn't look very good imo...

and i agree, kennison should have gotten the yard or two that we needed for the first down, even with a poorly thrown pass...