PDA

View Full Version : How Much Will That Hit Last Night Cost John Lynch?

Bwana
09-13-2004, 08:16 AM
How much do you think that cheap shot Lynch put on Hall will cost him? :shake:

morphius
09-13-2004, 08:17 AM
I'm guessing nothing, but thats just me.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:18 AM
I think it will be relatively minor... had Dante caught the ball, it would not have been a questionable hit. The ball was within his grasp and this game is a fast/full contact game, so while it looked nasty ... had Dante caught it, we wouldn't be talking about a fine.

jspchief
09-13-2004, 08:19 AM
I don't know if he'll pay for it or not. Lynch gets a lot of pimping for being one of the "good guys" in the NFL, but he's notorious for spearing like that. I'm sure ESPN will be showing highlights of his "big hit".

All that being said, I wouldn't mind having him on the Chiefs.

Bwana
09-13-2004, 08:19 AM
I think it will be relatively minor... had Dante caught the ball, it would not have been a questionable hit. The ball was within his grasp and this game is a fast/full contact game, so while it looked nasty ... had Dante caught it, we wouldn't be talking about a fine.

Brad, that was a cheap shot all the way.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Honestly, I didn't think much about the hit. Dante touched the ball and Lych hit him seconds later. His helmet got a bit of dantes face mask, but come on. This is football, not table tennis.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
It was definitely nasty looking, but I don't think it was cheap.

stevieray
09-13-2004, 08:21 AM

big surprise there.

teedubya
09-13-2004, 08:22 AM
at least 10K fine.

Matt Helm
09-13-2004, 08:24 AM
He's playing for the broncos, the NFL's favorite team. He won't even get his wrist slapped.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:24 AM
big surprise there.

Yeah, you're just as shocked as I am to your response to the hit ... had any KC defender tried to hit with some sort of force or intensity, it would have been applauded and accredited to GUNTHER bring the D back to KC.

I guess ChiTown is foolish as well.

stevieray
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah, you're just as shocked as I am to your response to the hit ... had any KC defender tried to hit with some sort of force or intensity, it would have been applauded and accredited to GUNTHER bring the D back to KC.

**** you Brad. I don't like any player getting hit helmet to helmet.

drama queen.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Leading with the helmet, and hitting under the chin, I'd say.....................anywhere from $7500 to $15000.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:26 AM
**** you Brad.

Wow ... it's only one game, long season ahead - both teams still have issues.

Chiefnj
09-13-2004, 08:26 AM
IMO it was a clean hit.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:29 AM

drama queen.

Drama queen? This is what is funny. If you are going to tackle someone, how do you not accomplish this task without leading with your head.

Helmet to Helmet? If I recall correctly, it was a hit pretty high on the shoulder/chest area. Did Lynch nail Dante in the jersey and the lower part of the face mask? Probably... was it a dead-on "helmet to helmet" collision? Not as I recall ... maybe someone has a replay or a pic of it.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 08:30 AM

It's true. Ask my Mom......

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 08:32 AM
I doubt he gets fined anything for it. Though I would assume that if it were a clean hit there wouldn't have been a flag thrown either - and things had to be pretty blatant for us to get one of those in our favor last night.

Abba-Dabba
09-13-2004, 08:32 AM
Are they going to fine him? The only thing I think they could fine him for is leading with his head(spearing). If they do fine him I can't see it much more than 5-10K.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:34 AM
I doubt he gets fined anything for it. Though I would assume that if it were a clean hit there wouldn't have been a flag thrown either - and things had to be pretty blatant for us to get one of those in our favor last night.

Let's not assume anything with that officiating crew... they were horrible. There are a lot of flags thrown on hits like that, but just b/c a flag was thrown doesn't mean it was fine worthy.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 08:34 AM
See what you hit. Lynch was looking at Dante's stomach.

PastorMikH
09-13-2004, 08:35 AM
but just b/c a flag was thrown doesn't mean it was fine worthy.

I sorta think that is what I said.

Bwana
09-13-2004, 08:35 AM

No kidding, the zebras had a bad night all the way around.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 08:36 AM
I also expect Wesley to get fined for his hit, too.

siberian khatru
09-13-2004, 08:36 AM
While it technically may have been an illegal hit, I'm an old-fashioned guy and I just didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought it was great, classic football. Sorry.

jcroft
09-13-2004, 08:38 AM
I didn't have much of a problem with that hit. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get a small fine, but I personally don't think he deserves it.

Joe Seahawk
09-13-2004, 08:40 AM
While it technically may have been an illegal hit, I'm an old-fashioned guy and I just didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought it was great, classic football. Sorry.

I agree, but I would guess it will be about a $5,000 fine.

Braincase
09-13-2004, 08:42 AM
If anything, they ought to fine the refs for calling a shitty game.

Bob Dole
09-13-2004, 08:43 AM

You've got to be ****ing kidding.

Lynch could not have possibly had a view of anything but the ****ing turf and made direct contact with the crown of his ****ing helmet.

It was the very definition of spearing, and it hit Hall right in the ****ing head.

Amnorix
09-13-2004, 08:44 AM
Neutral observer says -- legal hit. IMHO it wasn't spearing or intentionally delivered to the head or anything.

Chiefnj
09-13-2004, 08:46 AM
Dante is small. How do you hit him in the chest without lowering your head?

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 08:47 AM

Lynch could not have possibly had a view of anything but the ****ing turf and made direct contact with the crown of his ****ing helmet.

It was the very definition of spearing, and it hit Hall right in the ****ing head.

That is what I think. See what you hit.

jspchief
09-13-2004, 08:48 AM
It was spearing. Period.

Spearing
A player can not lead with the crown (top)of their helmet when tackling an opponent.

It doesn't get any simpler than that. I don't know whether it's worthy of a fine, but it's definately illegal.

On the bright side, it's good way for Lynch to injure his spine. Maybe someday he can tell his kids about it while blowing in a tube to make his wheelchair go.

Skip Towne
09-13-2004, 08:48 AM
All of the Donkeys play dirty and cheat. Fine 'em all.

ChiefsFanatic
09-13-2004, 08:51 AM

I don't know who it was, but did you see the Denver player dive at the back of TG's knees when going for the tackle?

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-13-2004, 08:53 AM
I didn't think it was a cheap shot either. It's exactly the way I'd want our guys to hit.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 08:58 AM

Well, at least there are a fair number of KC fans that agree with me. The only way to NOT hit Dante Hall in the head is to start running after him on your hands and knees.

Dante is 5 foot nothing, so when the average defensive guy tries to tackle/hit him ... he's going to get nailed and the more KC throws him out there, the more you'll see him being hit high.

Bob Dole
09-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Well, at least there are a fair number of KC fans that agree with me. The only way to NOT hit Dante Hall in the head is to start running after him on your hands and knees.

Dante is 5 foot nothing, so when the average defensive guy tries to tackle/hit him ... he's going to get nailed and the more KC throws him out there, the more you'll see him being hit high.

If Lynch had been looking at anything but the ground, Bob Dole wouldn't have much problem with the incidental contact to the chin. Bob Dole doesn't give a shit where you hit the guy--if you hit him with the crown of the helmet, it's spearing. Spearing is not legal. End of story.

38yrsfan
09-13-2004, 09:09 AM

Many think that way, but they are adept at hiding it and even when it is plainly viewable it is glossed over and ignored. Granted there were some great Bronco plays that made big holes in the D-line but I wish the refs would really look closer at the jersey grabs, so many went uncalled. That's not blocking, it's holding.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2004, 09:13 AM
I didn't think it was a cheap shot either. It's exactly the way I'd want our guys to hit.

me too...........I would just once like to see a defense player on the Chiefs lay the wood to someone. They hit like girls compared to Denver

KCTitus
09-13-2004, 09:16 AM
I believe the call was it was a hit on a defenseless receiver. Lynch took 2-3 steps before making contact, it wasnt necessary and the ball was already on the ground when Lynch hit Hall.

It was uncalled for, but I didnt find it suprising.

Brock
09-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Al Saunders should be Abu Ghraibed for putting Dante in that position.

jspchief
09-13-2004, 09:19 AM
me too...........I would just once like to see a defense player on the Chiefs lay the wood to someone. They hit like girls compared to Denver

You have to touch someone before you worry about the wood you're laying. The only thing our safeties were laying was their panties on the field.

Eleazar
09-13-2004, 09:34 AM
It was a defenseless receiver, the ball was obviously not caught, and there was time to either adjust to not make the hit or lessen the impact, rather than delivering a blow full-force. Cheap shot, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the Donks, or anyone else we play this year for that matter, on Hall.

King_Chief_Fan
09-13-2004, 09:42 AM
You have to touch someone before you worry about the wood you're laying. The only thing our safeties were laying was their panties on the field.

exactly

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM

CHEAP SHOT! ROFL

Funny stuff...

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:30 AM

drama queen.

Yeah Brad. You're the drama queen. Not the guy telling you to **** off. It's you, not the guy inventing cheap shot hits so that he can feel good about his teams loss last night.

It's you.

memyselfI
09-13-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't think it will cost him anything. It was a brutal hit but Lynch is not known as a dirty player, is he? I think if he's not he'll get the BOD.

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM

The whining in the place after a loss is music...

Hey Pastor, you mean you might need to blatantly fumble the ball to get a call last night? ROFL

Calcountry
09-13-2004, 10:32 AM
This is where Hockey has something on football. If you try to take a shot at a star player in hockey, you better keep your fuggin head up on the next shift. IMO, Lynch should be targeted for elimination. :p

Iowanian
09-13-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't think Lynch is a dirty player....like most of Denver's other safeties...............but I do think he definitely led with the crown of his helmet, and hit a hall in the Chin.

Fine.

I'm more pissed at Saunders for sending Hall over the middle like he's 6'5 225 than Lynch for the hit.

stevieray
09-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah Brad. You're the drama queen. Not the guy telling you to **** off. It's you, not the guy inventing cheap shot hits so that he can feel good about his teams loss last night.

It's you.

I'm so glad that my comments can get under your skin. it's soooooooo easy.

It doesn't surprise anyone around here that Invesco fans never own up to their players dirty play, been doing it for five years, and even deny hits fined by the league.

Invescos couldn't even compete without cheating.

now hurry, get the last word in.

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:35 AM
I believe the call was it was a hit on a defenseless receiver. Lynch took 2-3 steps before making contact, it wasnt necessary and the ball was already on the ground when Lynch hit Hall.

It was uncalled for, but I didnt find it suprising.

Actually, even the commentators pointed out that Dante's hand was still on the ball...

Phobia
09-13-2004, 10:36 AM
I didn't have a problem with the hit until I saw Lynch taking 4 steps after the ball had passed Hall - even though he obviously led with the crown of his helmet. When I saw Lynch covering 6 or 7 yards to make the hit after the play was over, that's what pissed me off.

ChiTown
09-13-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm more pissed at Saunders for sending Hall over the middle like he's 6'5 225 than Lynch for the hit.

:thumb:

I wanted to throw a major c*nt punch to Al for doing that. WTF was he thinking?

Iowanian
09-13-2004, 10:37 AM
The commentators were boarderline Legally retarded most of the game last night...........They made Madden look like an insitefull orator.

Bob Dole
09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Kennedy has racked up more than $72k in fines over the past 2 seasons, and with all the preseason hoopla about Denver's "hard hitting safeties," you can bet your ass the league is going to be looking at the film.

Lynch deserves to be fined, and Bob Dole is confident he'll get one.

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:42 AM

It doesn't surprise anyone around here that Invesco fans never own up to their players dirty play, been doing it for five years, and even deny hits fined by the league.

That's funny, because I haven't told anyone to **** off and you have...

It'll be pretty hard to get under my skin, considering the results of last night's game. But I'm more than welcome to drag all the whining out of you that I can... :)

TEX
09-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Kennedy has racked up more than $72k in fines over the past 2 seasons, and with all the preseason hoopla about Denver's "hard hitting safeties," you can bet your ass the league is going to be looking at the film.

Lynch deserves to be fined, and Bob Dole is confident he'll get one.

Absolutely. But that's the danger of having to play Hall at WR more this year. If I were a DB, I'd gladly pay the fine and take a cheap shot at Hall too as it will effect the return game as well...

KCTitus
09-13-2004, 10:45 AM
The commentators were boarderline Legally retarded most of the game last night...........They made Madden look like an insitefull orator.

I didnt feel the need to point out the obvious, they said that as the ball was about 3 feet from Hall's hands as Lynch's helmet hits Dante in the chin.

That was one of the rare times that they didnt mention Champ Bailey...did you all know that Champ was traded for Portis and Champ played for Denver last night?

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 10:46 AM

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard there, chief. I think you were the one that got all crazy with "**** you brad" type of comments. It appears the KC fanbase (in this thread) is split roughly down the middle on whether or not Lynch had a dirty hit or some KC fan's are acting like over-protective moms watching their 5 year old play their first contact sport.

Couldn't compete without cheating? Classic... ROFL

It's either cheating or the refs, the Chiefs' simply just can't lose or get beat. Both teams were effed on calls by that officiating crew - those guys should never ref a game as a unit again.

Mile High Mania
09-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I didnt feel the need to point out the obvious, they said that as the ball was about 3 feet from Hall's hands as Lynch's helmet hits Dante in the chin.

That was one of the rare times that they didnt mention Champ Bailey...did you all know that Champ was traded for Portis and Champ played for Denver last night?

I'm telling you this ... I'll have to check the schedule, but if the Broncos don't play on Sunday night again this season, it's the last time I'll hear those 3 idiots in the booth. My god ... I'll mute it.

If someone finds a vid clip of the hit ... post a link, the tale of how defenseless Hall was keeps getting bigger. I think Phobia posted he was 6 or 7 yards away and still hit him. I think that's a stretch...

IIRC, the ball was bobbled - still in the air and to a safety running full speed, there might have been about a second or so to make the decision not to crush him.

Had the ball been caught, Lynch's hit would have been on every highlight reel. But, it was bobbled, so it was flagged. Maybe I'm not recalling the hit accurately, but I've looked for footage a few times.

KCTitus
09-13-2004, 10:56 AM
If someone finds a vid clip of the hit ... post a link, the tale of how defenseless Hall was keeps getting bigger. I think Phobia posted he was 6 or 7 yards away and still hit him. I think that's a stretch...

As far as the 'tale' is concerned...it was 2-3 steps, because I counted them when I saw the replay last night. I hope someone does post the clip. The ball was passed Hall, Hall was looking at the away and was not looking at Lynch, then Lynch caught Hall on the chin with his helmet at the same time his shoulder hit Hall's chest.

ChiefsOne
09-13-2004, 11:07 AM
It's either cheating or the refs, the Chiefs' simply just can't lose or get beat. Both teams were effed on calls by that officiating crew - those guys should never ref a game as a unit again[QUOTE]

The Chiefs simply got beat! They had a great first drive and 3rd quarter, other than that they sucked!

stevieray
09-13-2004, 11:08 AM
That's funny, because I haven't told anyone to **** off and you have...

It'll be pretty hard to get under my skin, considering the results of last night's game. But I'm more than welcome to drag all the whining out of you that I can... :)

Of course I said it, after watching you guys defend dirty play for years. do you think your spin is going to make me feel guilty? or is this just making it about you again...?

that's what I thought Vey Denisesque..

Phobia
09-13-2004, 11:09 AM
As far as the 'tale' is concerned...it was 2-3 steps, because I counted them when I saw the replay last night. I hope someone does post the clip. The ball was passed Hall, Hall was looking at the away and was not looking at Lynch, then Lynch caught Hall on the chin with his helmet at the same time his shoulder hit Hall's chest.

It may not have been 4, but it was definitely more than 2. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been pissed. Lynch had more than enough time to let up, but he accelerated into the hit.

Calcountry
09-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Absolutely. But that's the danger of having to play Hall at WR more this year. If I were a DB, I'd gladly pay the fine and take a cheap shot at Hall too as it will effect the return game as well...
Funny, he wasn't returning them that much last night?

ChiefsOne
09-13-2004, 11:12 AM
I think Lynch's hit was OK, bad ass hit, but I have no problem with it. Hall was trying to catch the ball and Lynch was just coming in to make the hit. He's a football player not a marks-man. From what I saw looked like he was trying to put his facemask into his chest (they way you are taught) and his helmet slipped up to his chin.

The hit was just a great shot IMO!

I wish people would quite trying to make football a puzzy-ass sport.

TEX
09-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Funny, he wasn't returning them that much last night?

Well that's only gonna happen at altitude. But a hit like that could have effected the season when talking returns...

Bwana
09-13-2004, 01:49 PM
Actually, even the commentators pointed out that Dante's hand was still on the ball...

Bullchit! :shake: Which game were you watching?

tk13
09-13-2004, 02:03 PM
If they are going to protect defenseless recievers, that more than likely should've been a penalty. I haven't gone and looked at Bob Dole's thread yet...

That said, if Woods or Wesley had done that very thing to one of Denver's WRs, you wouldn't see me complaining about it.... that's how Super Bowl defenses play, they wanna scare people.

The Naked Chef
09-13-2004, 03:39 PM
$0.00

Bwana
09-15-2004, 06:32 PM
$0.00

Wrong numbnuts.