PDA

View Full Version : Fujita is a hell of a linebacker...

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:53 AM
On thing about your defense that I took away from last nights game... Fujita knows how to play some football. That guy was all over the field last night, and played agressive as hell... Barber didn't look half bad himself, but his presence on the field was nowhere near what Fooj's was...

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 10:55 AM
No, Barber didn't look half bad... he looked COMPLETELY bad. He bites on misdirection more than any LB in recent memory (possible exception: Cadrez)

Fujita was the only LB who actually kept containment.

Beisel gets a pass becuause it was his first game at Mike. He made some plays and messed up a couple of plays; that will happen.

No excuses for Barber's shit performance.

Taco John
09-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Barber had a few head's up plays that he deserves credt for, which is why I say 'didn't look half bad.'

But Fooj played very well for a young guy...

Chris Meck
09-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Fujita's a keeper.

chris

TEX
09-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Fuj is our ONLY LB... :shake:

Raiderhater
09-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Fuj is our ONLY LB... :shake:

Can you say "drama queen"? ;)

Don't be counting Monty out yet.....

HC_Chief
09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
The only 'heads up' play I remember Barber making last night was catching a Plumber ball thrown <i>right to him</i>. Outside of that, he pretty much sucked ass. IMO

Swanman
09-13-2004, 11:06 AM
The only 'heads up' play I remember Barber making last night was catching a Plumber ball thrown <i>right to him</i>. Outside of that, he pretty much sucked ass. IMO

That play was hilariously bad. If Denver had someone at QB like Chad Pennington last night, they might have beaten us by 40.

The Bad Guy
09-13-2004, 11:13 AM
The only 'heads up' play I remember Barber making last night was catching a Plumber ball thrown right to him. Outside of that, he pretty much sucked ass. IMO

I 100% agree.

Barber looks friggen horrible.

Warrior5
09-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't be counting Monty out yet.....

Translation: "Keep %$^ing doubting Monty Beisel!"

ChiefsCountry
09-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Man we should have signed Spikes instead of Barber.

Ultra Peanut
09-13-2004, 11:41 AM
Fooj is, well, FOOOOOOOOOOJ.

Beisel was really impressive at times.

htismaqe
09-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I 100% agree.

Barber looks friggen horrible.

Not to excuse Barber's terrible play last night (I agree, he looked bad) but it's kind of hard for a LB to succeed when he's being asked to cover ROD FREAKING SMITH out of the slot...

TEX
09-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Not to excuse Barber's terrible play last night (I agree, he looked bad) but it's kind of hard for a LB to succeed when he's being asked to cover ROD FREAKING SMITH out of the slot...

Exactly - we really missed Bartee. Man, did I actually say that?

Ralphy Boy
09-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Man we should have signed Spikes instead of Barber.

I wanted that signing more than anything that offseason, although it was pretty close with Roosevelt Colvin, why it didn't happen I have no idea. It can now be said officially with Hugh, Trotter & Barber that players who are on Philly's D are not as good as they appear. The Philly scheme definitely makes players look better than they are.

David.
09-13-2004, 01:03 PM
You guys can thank me for FOooj's success, I did adopt him after all. SOMEONE HIGHFIVE ME!

p.s.
I didn't think Barber was terrible at all, like htis said, he was friggin guarding Rod Smith. I think if Bartee doesn't get hurt, we hold Q under 100 yards. Call me crazy, but it hurt having our linebackers play as CB's.

morphius
09-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Exactly - we really missed Bartee. Man, did I actually say that?
I kept repeating that to myslef all last night, it just hurt.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2005, 08:46 PM
This thread contrasts nicely with TJ's thread about DJ sucking against the run for whatever dumb reason he came up with.