PDA

View Full Version : seemed like both our tackles got pushed around

Mr. Laz
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
haven't had the heart to watch the game again. :(

but seemed like Welbourne was getting burnt in the passing game and willie roaf was getting shoved backwards in the running game.

they didn't have a good game

Hammock Parties
09-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Willie had a fine game. We ran the ball to his side all night with kick ass results.

Welbourn sucked in pass protection, but was good in run blocking.

go bo
09-13-2004, 08:24 PM
i saw wellbourne screwing up, but i didn't notice willie having problems in the running game...

given how priest did, i would say that nobody had any serious problems in the running game...

Mr. Laz
09-13-2004, 08:27 PM
i saw wellbourne screwing up, but i didn't notice willie having problems in the running game...

given how priest did, i would say that nobody had any serious problems in the running game...

seems like whenever we ran to the outside to the left, priest had to go backwards before forwards because roaf was 2 yrds in the backfield.

running sweeps to the right worked good though

go bo
09-13-2004, 08:32 PM
seems like whenever we ran to the outside to the left, priest had to go backwards before forwards because roaf was 2 yrds in the backfield.

running sweeps to the right worked good thoughi think i see what you're saying now that i thiink about it...

but big willie still got the job done well enough to allow priest to make a ton of yards...

Mr. Laz
09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
i think i see what you're saying now that i thiink about it...

but big willie still got the job done well enough to allow priest to make a ton of yards...
yea, not saying he sucked ... or that welbourne did either

just that they had a lesser performance then we have been getting in the past and that kept our offense from really taking control.

2bikemike
09-13-2004, 09:57 PM
Well they had their fair share of penalties. I think they did ok running in the running game.

alanm
09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
Boomer Esiason was saying on the radio a short while ago that our Dline was terrible. Hey Boomer tell us something we don't know.:cuss::banghead:

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 07:18 AM
I watched part of the game again, and watched part of last year's game in Denver again, too.

People are examining Welbourn with a microscope because he's new.

Other than the penalties (which are a BIG deal) Welbourn wasn't any better or worse than Tait was last year at Denver. They got pressure on us last year too.

It's quite simple: The Broncos have decent defensive linemen.

Rukdafaidas
09-14-2004, 07:25 AM
I do recall saying that was the worst I've ever seen Roaf look. He did get pushed back on several running plays on his side, which I haven't seen before.

jspchief
09-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Hmm, Holmes averages over 5 ypc and probably 6-7+ ypc on the left side, and Roaf was playing bad? Good grief, I'd hate to see him on a good day.

jagerdrinker
09-14-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm with you, jps...after watching the game again, I think Roaf and Welbourne did fine. The mistakes that they made were just VERY glaring. Denver's got an above average D-line, though. It'll all even out when they come to Arrowhead. The team just needs to put the Denver game behind them, and work on the fundamentals (i.e. fewer penalties, less drops, cleaner routes, etc.)

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 08:02 AM
I'm with you, jps...after watching the game again, I think Roaf and Welbourne did fine. The mistakes that they made were just VERY glaring. Denver's got an above average D-line, though. It'll all even out when they come to Arrowhead. The team just needs to put the Denver game behind them, and work on the fundamentals (i.e. fewer penalties, less drops, cleaner routes, etc.)

That's exactly what people need to do. Watch the game again (if you have the stomach for it).

People are watching Welbourn with a microscope. He had 3 very stupid penalties and that equates to "having a bad game". But he really wasn't burned in the passing game as much as everybody is talking about.