PDA

View Full Version : Raider druggie back in jail

whoman69
09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Yup, Todd Marinovich makes a return appearance.
Ex-QB Marinovich serving 90-day jail term
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago
IRVINE, Calif. (AP) - Former Southern California and Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich is serving a 90-day jail term stemming from an arrest in Newport Beach last month for possessing methamphetamine, officials said Monday.
Marinovich pleaded guilty last week to a felony count of possessing a controlled substance and two misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest and the unauthorized possession of hypodermic needles, said Mark Macaulay of the Orange County district attorney's office.
Marinovich, 35, starred at USC before being selected by the Raiders in the first round of the 1991 NFL draft. He also played for the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League and briefly in the Canadian Football League.
Marinovich has been jailed since his arrest Aug. 28 after officers saw him skateboarding in a prohibited area, said Sgt. Mark Hamilton of the Newport Beach Police Department. When officers caught up with him, they allegedly found methamphetamine and three syringes.
Marinovich entered his plea Wednesday before Orange County Superior Court Judge Craig Robison.
Marinovich was on probation for a 2001 conviction for felony heroin possession and was supposed to have served 80 days in jail stemming from a 2003 arrest in Los Angeles County. He had not served that time and was ordered to serve both sentences concurrently, a court clerk said.
Robison also placed Marinovich on three years' formal probation in connection with his latest arrest.
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3010284

Bowser
09-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I bet Marinovich still has night screams about Derrick Thomas.

Meth, eh? I didn't realize that picture of the two-story trailer belonged to Todd!

Phobia
09-13-2004, 08:56 PM
They should save this story and insert Ricky Williams name for use in about a decade.

Bowser
09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Here, let me help you with that....

They should save this story and insert Ricky Williams name for use in about a week.

:thumb: