PDA

View Full Version : Communism vs. Capitalism: Which do you like better?

Taco John
09-14-2004, 03:00 AM
Vote!

Taco John
09-14-2004, 03:05 AM
y buddy and I got in this discussion the other night and it threw me for a loop because I hadn't thought of it like that before... But I was complaining about the MLB system, and he countered with, "then you must like communism." As he was saying it, it dawned on me that the NFL is totally a communist system, while the MLB is entirely capitalistic.

No social point really here... Just an interesting observation.

alanm
09-14-2004, 03:28 AM
y buddy and I got in this discussion the other night and it threw me for a loop because I hadn't thought of it like that before... But I was complaining about the MLB system, and he countered with, "then you must like communism." As he was saying it, it dawned on me that the NFL is totally a communist system, while the MLB is entirely capitalistic.

No social point really here... Just an interesting observation.Go to bed TJ. :)

ChiefJustice
09-14-2004, 03:50 AM
Where is the "Gazisct Regime" option?

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2004, 04:38 AM

No social point really here... Just an interesting observation.This thought just now occurred to you?

Tard.

Ultra Peanut
09-14-2004, 04:40 AM
http://www.military-graphics.com/HAMMER-SICKLE-STAR.png

Braincase
09-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Hey, TJ, you still forgot that part about the little yellow flag...

Saulbadguy
09-14-2004, 06:23 AM
What does that make the NHL?

Eleazar
09-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I don't think it's a matter of communism vs. capitalism. The problem is with baseball owners seeing their teams as individual entities out to destroy the others, and not as a group that are ultimately dependent on the group's overall welfare for their own.

Taco John
09-14-2004, 06:32 PM
I don't think it's a matter of communism vs. capitalism. The problem is with baseball owners seeing their teams as individual entities out to destroy the others, and not as a group that are ultimately dependent on the group's overall welfare for their own.

You just described capitalism... It's about competition and dominance. Communism is about fairness and parity.

I think in a closed market, like the NFL, it works. It obviously doesn't work in an open market society.

DenverChief
09-14-2004, 06:36 PM
What does that make the NHL?

Anarchy

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 06:46 PM

No social point really here... Just an interesting observation.
Not true. The NFL is a single entity made up of several branch offices in which the larger offices support the smaller ones in time of need.

It is the true Capitalistic venture - surivival and improved production of the corporation through diversity and expansionistic profits.

KCWolfman
09-14-2004, 06:48 PM
You just described capitalism... It's about competition and dominance. Communism is about fairness and parity.

I think in a closed market, like the NFL, it works. It obviously doesn't work in an open market society.
So, Health Midwest (KC Hospital Chaine) is communistic? After all, they support branches that fail to make profits until they can become viable again.

Skip Towne
09-14-2004, 06:57 PM
They are both capitalistic oligopolies. For profit companies with just a few owners.

RealSNR
09-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Actually, if the NFL was a communist society, wouldn't all teams go 8-8 each year?

Skip Towne
09-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Actually, if the NFL was a communist society, wouldn't all teams go 8-8 each year?
And wouldn't all players make the same amount of money? Just more Taco ignorance.

FringeNC
09-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Hmmm...sports leagues are a zero-sum game by definition. Economic transactions aren't, which is libertarianism 101 TJ.

stevieray
09-14-2004, 07:45 PM

all the uniforms would be grey.

Raiderhater
09-14-2004, 07:48 PM

And wouldn't Keenan McCardell be shot for not going along with things?