PDA

View Full Version : DV live press conf. 810 link

Wile_E_Coyote
09-14-2004, 10:51 AM
http://www.810whb.com/

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 10:52 AM
Please paraphrase for those of us who can't listen.

Thanks.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Thinks Carolina down 4 will cause problems to our line, but offense can neutralize them with some scheme

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
Steve Smith out for Cakalaka helps defensively.

Loss in week 1 isn't the end of the world....re-evaluating preparations, coaching, practicing.

Thinks Green Bay is no fluke, and Carolina is a good team.

KCTitus
09-14-2004, 10:55 AM
The way Welbourne struggled against Denver...Im really worried. The loss of Tait is going to loom large against the offense.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 10:57 AM
refuses to dwell on negatives from game.

Pleased with Running game in Denver....need to get in sync in passing game.....coaching responsibility.

Learned some things about team, and things they need to do to play better. Every thing you try to do, the other team is trying to stop(Maddenesque huh)

Carolina is differnt........downhill running different/affected by Dline size of Car

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Gunther has to solve some of the breakdowns.

Team plays much better at home....spirtitual committment to team by city/fans brings the players level up.

KC D #9 defensively at home last year.

Atmosphere in home opener is best in league in KC.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Thought Defensive Line played pretty well......Didn't get pushed.

Breakdowns from missed tackles or improper alignment of LBs and Safeties. Backups played ok but inconsistent. Problems "behind" the Dline.

Thinks LBs improve and will begin to get THROUGH their gaps instead of "to" them.

8 "missed tackles" in the game.......

Thought Fujita played well..........Beisel played better...needs to keep getting lower...will be fine player.....studied Tape late every single night last week.

Holiday is having trouble applying his history to This scheme.......had same problem from Packers the past 2 years too.

Still thinks Mitchell is "starting MLB" but not until he's 100%..........Thinks they'll play BOTH (Beisel and Mitchell) for a while when he gets back, to find "the best guy"....neither have enough experience to have the spot established.....competative roster spot.

Problems are in "the same spots".............Good athletes and work eithic...not producing game day..........They'll get better, or someone else will.

Thinks the "lack of scrimmage" in TC, hurt the defense......thinks next year it will be different..... more contact.

Coach
09-14-2004, 11:03 AM
8 "missed tackles" in the game.......

I can handle that, compared to last year where we just "standed" there.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Have to Match up with Carolina...
They have strenths.....

Restructured offensive line.........big backs.......they'll get game tape of Carolina at 4pm

At Denver....4 & 2....thought they got "bad spot".........would have gone on 4th and 1/2........Thought the defense would get the ball back with time, or he'd have gone for it........HS 20/20

Baby Lee
09-14-2004, 11:11 AM
They'll get better, or someone else will.
If that's an accurate quote. . . :clap:

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Playing to "keep it close" historically has lost him alot of games (Philli)...he's not doing that anymore (st l and KC). Playing not to lose, keeps you from winning(sound familiar marty fans).

Knows they have problems on the defense........Offense only converted 1 true 3rd down.....the rest were short.

Gunther "down" about loss...but its a "team loss" not gunther loss. Has to shake it off and get ready for Carolina.

Buckner and Jenkins are Big strong guys.....LE Peppers will be problem for Welborne(needs 3-4 games to settle in)....thinks Roaf will match up well vs Rucker....have to help Weigman and Welborne in scheme. Welbourne is a "gifted athlete" and thinks he "WILL" be fine.

want to be balanced, but unpredictable..........Strive for 30 runs, and 20 complete passes per game. "50" is the magic number of offensive "chances to score"

Thinks it will be hard for any other kicker to kick the ball like Knorr did........Knorr only kicked 13 TBs last season....wants to know what he had for breakfast.

Welbourne is "bright" and has the physical ability....easily correctable technique issues, crowd noise was factor for him this game.....getting more comfortable, thinks he learned alot.

Long pass to 87, is 80% complete for chiefs...always to 88.

BigRedChief
09-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey Iowanian thanks for the play by play...:thumb: Rep headed your way

How about a general "tone"...any insights?

Katipan
09-14-2004, 11:19 AM
He implied that we took Tony out of the game, not (or at least more than) Denver.

Lzen
09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
OMG, Peppers lines up on Welbourne's side? :banghead: They'll need to keep Dunn in to help block. I sure hope we look more prepared this week. Especially since I"ll be at this game.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 11:20 AM
now screw you guys..........I volunteerd half my lunch to do that..........I'm gonna get a sammich.

ChiTown
09-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Have to Match up with Carolina...

At Denver....4 & 2....thought they got "bad spot".........would have gone on 4th and 1/2........

Wouldn't DV have challened that marking if he felt so strongly about it. Well, maybe he only feels strongly about it now after he re-watched the film.......

I thought it was more like 4th and 1.......

htismaqe
09-14-2004, 12:34 PM
OMG, Peppers lines up on Welbourne's side? :banghead: They'll need to keep Dunn in to help block. I sure hope we look more prepared this week. Especially since I"ll be at this game.

JW will EAT Peppers ALIVE in the running game.

As for pass protection, we'll help him out with a TE. No biggie.

Iowanian
09-14-2004, 12:38 PM
chi.....If I recall...he talked about seeing it while watching the tape...not during the game.

Wile_E_Coyote
09-14-2004, 12:44 PM
now screw you guys..........I volunteerd half my lunch to do that..........I'm gonna get a sammich. :wayne:

BigRedChief
09-14-2004, 12:49 PM
now screw you guys..........I volunteerd half my lunch to do that..........I'm gonna get a sammich.

I gave some rep. Enjoy the sammich :thumb:

Lzen
09-14-2004, 02:30 PM
I gave some rep. Enjoy the sammich :thumb:

How did you give him some rep? Iowanian's rep is disabled.

BigRedChief
09-14-2004, 02:33 PM
How did you give him some rep? Iowanian's rep is disabled.

Clicked on the icon>clicked appove>typed in enjoy the sammich>clicked okay. No errors. Was I suppose to see an error?

tk13
09-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Wouldn't DV have challened that marking if he felt so strongly about it. Well, maybe he only feels strongly about it now after he re-watched the film.......

I thought it was more like 4th and 1.......
I thought that we would've gone for it if it was only 4th and 1... I thought we got a bad spot to make it 4th and 2 but I don't think it ever does any good to challenge a spot....

Lzen
09-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Clicked on the icon>clicked appove>typed in enjoy the sammich>clicked okay. No errors. Was I suppose to see an error?

I dunno. I've never bothered with trying to give someone rep if they have it disabled.

Swanman
09-14-2004, 03:42 PM
I thought that we would've gone for it if it was only 4th and 1... I thought we got a bad spot to make it 4th and 2 but I don't think it ever does any good to challenge a spot....

Plus he probably didn't want to take the risk of not winning the challenge and losing a timeout that late in the game. With the way the defense was playing, I think I would have gone for it on 4th and 27 at that point.