PDA

View Full Version : FFL - I lost Steve Smith last night and replaced with Mushin Muhhamed

Mojo Rising
09-14-2004, 08:56 PM
I figure he'll be the #1 now. What other WR sleepers are there for me to consider? What did others replace Smith with?

Mr. Laz
09-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Panthers | Colbert to Start - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:57:13 -0700

Carolina Panthers rookie WR Keary Colbert is slated to start in Week 2, replacing injured WR Steve Smith (broken leg) in the starting lineup.

NaptownChief
09-14-2004, 09:05 PM
MM is slightly safer but Colbert has much more upside....I really like Colbert I think he will be a stud over time and should have been a Chief :cuss:

Miles
09-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I have him too :( Fortunaly im fairly deap at WR but he was my best one. Reports are anywhere from 4-8 weeks so i wouldnt release him.

I usually target guys with starting jobs since backups are very inconsistant. Here are some that may be available. If you are in an 8 team league there may be more.

Michael Clayton: they threw to him quit a bit last game and with Galloway out he may be their primary target. He has a great upside but is still a just a rookie.

David Terrell: Had a big first week but who knows. He is the #1 on a bad team.

Marcus Robinson: should be the #2 in Minnisota and is a deep threat but had a history of geting banged up.

Cedrick Wilson: big first week. Is starting for SF but it was only one big game.

Antonio Bryant: a #3 but should get plenty of opportunities. He would be my last choice on this list.

Also keep an eye on Doug Gabriel. He first week may have been a fluke but if he earns a starting position he may be worthwhile.

Mojo Rising
09-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Clayton is available...that's it. You think he'd be better than MM? MM should be the #1 guy now...and plays the Chiefs D this Sun.

Miles
09-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Clayton is available...that's it. You think he'd be better than MM? MM should be the #1 guy now...and plays the Chiefs D this Sun.

They are pretty close but i would go with Mushin Muhhamed because he is already proven plus he had some nice games late in the season last year. You may want to try for Clayton if you have a extra player on your roster that isnt too good. Watching the game last week they were frequently going to him but he missed a few he could have caught.

Mojo Rising
09-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks. I am deep at RB. I have W Dunn and T Jones (bears) behind LT and D Davis. Maybe I could trade 1?

Miles
09-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Thanks. I am deep at RB. I have W Dunn and T Jones (bears) behind LT and D Davis. Maybe I could trade 1?

What are your other starting WR's like? If you dont have at least one solid WR you may want to consider trading Dunn or Jones for one...particularly if someone else in you league is starting a RB who sucks. Both of those guys are comming off solid weeks playing poor teams and should score someone that pretty damn good. I would dump dunn before Jones and if you end up making a trade but be sure its for a really solid WR (someone that will be productive and start for you every week). Also i wouldnt trade D Davis unless its for an elite wr.

Mojo Rising
09-14-2004, 10:32 PM
I wuldn't trade D Davis. My other Receivers are T Holt and Amani Toomer, and now MM.

Miles
09-14-2004, 10:41 PM
I wuldn't trade D Davis. My other Receivers are T Holt and Amani Toomer, and now MM.

You should be fine then. Hang on to your RB depth for now and keep your options open for a trade later if Toomer or MM underperforms. Still you may want to shop Dunn since he isnt really an every down back and he is comming of a solid game...