PDA

View Full Version : Update #2

trndobrd
09-15-2004, 07:23 PM
I'll be posting my "friends and family" updates on my deployment to the Planet for your perusal. Please disregard if you find them dull or annoying.

Friends,

Greetings from picturesque Ft. Riley, Kansas. Last Sunday we loaded up the buses and make the trip to Ft. Riley. It was certain to be one of the toughest days of the deployment.

The last two weeks at home station have been very busy, but the work is starting to pay off. Since the 31st we have been moving vehicles and equipment to Ft. Riley, and conducting training. There are over 40 tasks that each soldier must train and test. We have over 25 completed. That means we have a lot more flexibility in our schedule. Since things always pop up at the last minute, we have more wiggle room to deal with the unexpected.

I was fortunate enough to get an email from the commander of the unit we will be replacing. She seems very positive. I don't know if that's positive to help, positively wanting to get out of there, or a little bit of both.

Monday we went to the SRC, a mdical and personnel file review. We sent some soldiers to the doctors for follow-on consults, but I thing we will be in good shape. Fortunately, my immunization records did not turn up missing as is normally the case. I only needed one shot and got some blood drawn.

CS chamber is tomorrow. With the cold I've have for the last couple days, I'm starting to look forward to a little tear gas to clear out my sinuses. It can't hurt....too much.

Last Friday one of my Lieutenants stated that "if K-State loses to KU, I'll resign my commission." He wasn't in a very chipper mood on Sunday morning. Of course, I wasn't very happy by the end of Sunday night.

I don't have internet access readily available (the unit next door decided to misuse their internet access, theirs got pulled and ours will not be installed) so it may be a while before I reply.

Take care,
Trndobrd

LVNHACK
09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Best of luck....... :thumb:

Hydrae
09-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Stay healthy and keep in touch. We'll take up the slack at bitching about the Chiefs! :)

trndobrd
09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
I'll be posting my "friends and family" updates on my deployment to the Planet for your perusal. Please disregard if you find them dull or annoying.

To avoid any confusion, I will be deploying to Iraq, not to the Planet.

The Planet is not being invaded. I can neither confirm nor deny that plans may or may not be in development for the invasion of ChiefsPlanet. Please return to your daily routine.

Duck Dog
09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Good 'ol Ft Riley. Wish I had a dollar for every time I ran around Custer Hill.

Train hard and come home safe. :thumb:

Phobia
09-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Stay safe, dog. When you leave CONUS, I'll start stickying these things for a day. Make the troops do an extra "20" for me, mmmkay?

Jenson71
09-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Kick ass, mang. Good luck. :thumb:

Boozer
09-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Godspeed.

Rain Man
09-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Good luck bringing democracy to the heathens of Fort Riley.

Boozer
09-15-2004, 08:17 PM
Good luck bringing democracy to the heathens of Fort Riley.

Please tell me Manhattan is one of those villages that we need to destroy in order to save. Please please please!!!!

Skip Towne
09-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Please tell me Manhattan is one of those villages that we need to destroy in order to save. Please please please!!!!
Ft. Riley is the asshole of Kansas. When Kansas shits it comes out in Manhattan.

2bikemike
09-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey Trndobrd take care stay safe and thank you for your service. Please convey to your troops how much we appreciate their sacrifices to serve our country.

Frazod
09-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Ft. Riley is the asshole of Kansas. When Kansas shits it comes out in Manhattan.

When I read the word "picturesque" next to "Fort Riley," I couldn't help but wonder "COMPARED TO WHAT?"

ROFL

Best of luck to you trndobrd. :thumb:

Cntrygal
09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!

Skip Towne
09-15-2004, 08:42 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Where you been girl?