PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs defense, Morton, Kennison, Welbourn, STs, rookie WRs, DV.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Step up.

Or no playoffs/Super Bowl this year.

That is all.

Hammock Parties
09-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Can we please get off Kennison's ass? He had 101 yards on 6 catches.

David.
09-15-2004, 07:29 PM
I agree.

royr17
09-15-2004, 07:32 PM

Yea all because of one huge 57 yard reception with out that he only have maybe 44 yards receiving on 5 catches. Not very good.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 07:32 PM

That's one week dude. Let's see if he can do something like that consistently.

Bowser
09-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Step up.

That is all.

It's one game, fer crissakes! Simmer down, now!!

Hammock Parties
09-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Yea all because of one huge 57 yard reception with out that he only have maybe 44 yards receiving on 5 catches. Not very good.

What?! LMAO! So you just throw out his biggest play of the game?

That's really, really stupid.

J Diddy
09-15-2004, 07:34 PM

To do it consistently then we probably need to give him more than 1 week to do it in.

He did his part in week 1, even though the fumble was BS
If he doesn't do it again in the next 3 weeks then bitch.
Right now he's on pace to gain 1616 yards.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
It's one game, fer crissakes! Simmer down, now!!

I'll simmer down when we win a Super Bowl. As a matter of fact, I'll pee myself.

Hammock Parties

Sure.

ChiefsFanatic
How 'bout being tackeld with basically one arm, by a rookie late round draft choice, on 3rd down, when he only needed 2 yards for the first down?

Hammock Parties
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM
How 'bout being tackeld with basically one arm, by a rookie late round draft choice, on 3rd down, when he only needed 2 yards for the first down?

How about the pass was underthrown? Kennison would have had to have Priest-Holmes like balance to avoid being tackled.

milkman
09-15-2004, 07:36 PM

Kennison is our best WR.
The problem is that he's a solid #2 receiver being utilized as the #1 receiver.
People are going to be upset about his performance because a #1 needs to be more productive, and more of a threat than he is.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Right now he's on pace to gain 1616 yards.

ROFL

After the first week of the MLB season last year Bonds was on pace to hit 95 homers. How did that end up? I get your point, even though you're abusing stats. :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 07:40 PM
It's one game, fer crissakes! Simmer down, now!! I agree. One game against our toughest division rival... on their turf... at night... in prime time.

The loss is dissapointing, but it's not exactly shocking. And it certainly doesn't mean we (as fans) should pack it in for the season.

royr17
09-15-2004, 07:47 PM
What?! LMAO! So you just throw out his biggest play of the game?

That's really, really stupid.

Yea and for some reason i think you are gochiefs cause u act way too much like gochiefs.

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 07:48 PM
You can't "throw out" anything. Those plays all happened. The good ones, and the bad.

go bo
09-15-2004, 09:26 PM
I agree. One game against our toughest division rival... on their turf... at night... in prime time.

The loss is dissapointing, but it's not exactly shocking. And it certainly doesn't mean we (as fans) should pack it in for the season.yeah?

why not?

the sky is falling, can't you see that?

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 09:29 PM
yeah?

why not?

the sky is falling, can't you see that? No, I can't. :harumph:

;)

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Hey..guys...your season is by no means over...but the great teams win those types of games.

TEX
09-15-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey..guys...your season is by no means over...but the great teams win those types of games.

Oh I agree. But the Patriots season opener last year kind of blows that theory out of the water... :hmmm:

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 09:37 PM
I don't think the season is over at all. But all those I mentioned have to step up. This schedule isn't no cupcake nonconference KState schedule. This is hard. The Colts lost kind of the same way we did, but you don't here no one complaining out of Indy. They know it was just the first game out of a 16 game schedule. We've got time to fix stuff, but the team has to play better and those I mentioned have to step up this year more than ever.

KcMizzou
09-15-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey..guys...your season is by no means over...but the great teams win those types of games. Even great teams have lost in those situations... on the road... season opener.. tough rival... prime time... etc. (excpet the '72 Fins, I guess)

I'm not saying we have a great team... but we do have a good one. It aint over just yet.

TEX
09-15-2004, 09:40 PM
I don't think the season is over at all. But all those I mentioned have to step up. This schedule isn't no cupcake nonconference KState schedule. This is hard. The Colts lost kind of the same way we did, but you don't here no one complaining out of Indy. They know it was just the first game out of a 16 game schedule. We've got time to fix stuff, but the team has to play better and those I mentioned have to step up this year more than ever.

Well, I agree that all those players you mentioned need to step up. But I disagree that the Colts "lost kind of the same way" because the Colts played well enough to win it, we didn't. Denver really never was challenged in the 4th quarter and the Colts did challenge the Patriots the whole way. Just my take.

morphius
09-15-2004, 09:41 PM
You mean like when Denver won their first SB, but the Chiefs beat them to win the division? Basically I call BS.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 09:43 PM
You mean like when Denver won their first SB, but the Chiefs beat them to win the division? Basically I call BS.

You were 13-3 and we were 12-4...you won on a 51 yard field goal with the wind....Hardly a reason to get upset....but we still beat you twice that season.

morphius
09-15-2004, 09:44 PM
You were 13-3 and we were 12-4...you won on a 51 yard field goal with the wind....Hardly a reason to get upset....but we still beat you twice that season.
Yeah, but great teams win those kind of games.

TEX
09-15-2004, 09:46 PM

True, but you were making a statement based on a single game. Morph threw out another single-game that met your criteria. You lost the same type of game that you labled that "great" teams win. Point is, you didn't win that game, but went on to win a more important one later.

Rausch
09-15-2004, 09:50 PM
The Patriots, Colts, Panthers, and Bengals all gave up more yardage than the Chiefs did this week.

But, does anyone honestly believe that three of these four teams WON'T make the playoffs?

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Oh I agree. But the Patriots season opener last year kind of blows that theory out of the water... :hmmm:

The Pats weren't playing their divison rival in their house though and I really don't see how your rebutal applies. My point is the great teams overcome that sort of thing. It's the truth. Morp just brought up the 97 season..while he poked fun at the loss to the Chiefs...we still did what I'm talking about...Beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead after beating the Jags...then into Pitt for the AFCC game. The Jags beat us the year before in the playoffs in 96(We were 13-3 and primed)..the Steelers had just beat us in their house 5 weeks or so prior. The Broncos over came those odds to win it all. Then broke a 13 year AFC drought to win the SB as a 14 point dog against the Pack. Plus being only the second wildcard team to ever win a Super Bowl...the first was the fade in 83. You add all that up and you have a great team.

TEX
09-15-2004, 09:56 PM
The Pats weren't playing their divison rival in their house though and I really don't see how your rebutal applies. My point is the great teams overcome that sort of thing. It's the truth. Morp just brought up the 97 season..while he poked fun at the loss to the Chiefs...we still did what I'm talking about...Beating the Chiefs at Arrowhead after beating the Jags...then into Pitt for the AFCC game. The Jags beat us the year before in the playoffs in 96(We were 13-3 and primed)..the Steelers had just beat us in their house 5 weeks or so prior. The Broncos over came those odds to win it all. Then broke a 13 year AFC drought to win the SB as a 14 point dog against the Pack. Plus being only the second wildcard team to ever win a Super Bowl...the first was the fade in 83. You add all that up and you have a great team.

Well, that's not what you said at first. You said that great teams win those types of games. Now Morphius gave you a perfect example of another game that fit your criteria, which your team lost. I was the one (not you) that said that your team got passed it and went on to win an even bigger game. Just follow the dialog...

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Well, that's not what you said at first. You said that great teams win those types of games. Now Morphius gave you a perfect example of another game that fit your criteria, which your team lost. I was the one (not you) that said that your team got passed it and went on to win an even bigger game. Just follow the dialog...

You can twist it anyway you want...but at the end you know of which I speak..and you know it to be true...The great teams over come that sort of thing and win the game. All I said in my second post was that you got lucky. And you got lucky Sunday too...it could have been worse for you.

Rausch
09-15-2004, 10:04 PM
You can twist it anyway you want...but at the end you know of which I speak..and you know it to be true...The great teams over come that sort of thing and win the game. All I said in my second post was that you got lucky. And you got lucky Sunday too...it could have been worse for you.

It could have been worse for you.

Everything COULD HAVE been. Probably has somewhere.

But it's a long season. One loss puts another straw on the Camel's back, but this is the first one. We start adding more we'll be in trouble, but for right now, we're 1 and 1/2 games out of first with 15 to play.

I'm not about to "go frog" because of one loss... :shake:

Pants
09-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Step up.

That is all.

Why the f**k do poeple keep worrying about WR's. These are the same people who contributed to the fu**ing #1 offense. Please STFD about the recievers already. God!

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 10:13 PM
It could have been worse for you.

Everything COULD HAVE been. Probably has somewhere.

But it's a long season. One loss puts another straw on the Camel's back, but this is the first one. We start adding more we'll be in trouble, but for right now, we're 1 and 1/2 games out of first with 15 to play.

I'm not about to "go frog" because of one loss... :shake:

Well I did say in my first post that "your season is by no means over."

Chiefs Pantalones
09-15-2004, 10:15 PM
Why the f**k do poeple keep worrying about WR's. These are the same people who contributed to the fu**ing #1 offense. Please STFD about the recievers already. God!

Sorry.

TEX
09-15-2004, 10:17 PM

Dude,
I'm not twisting anything. You said something and then elaborated on it after you were given an example of how your team lost the same type of game in the '97 regular season. I actually made the piont first that you said you made, which was that you overcame the loss and went on to win an even more important game. It's all here, right in front of you to read. I think you have "Spider - syndrome" or something cause you're sounding exactly like him now when someome points out an error of yours.

Lucky? It's always something woth DONX fans. Even when you win, it has to be some kind of "luck" involved. ROFL Every time I check the list of Super Bowl winners I never see an * by your first one. Some would call it luck, or the benefit of some calls that went your way in our place in the playoff game. Tony's TD that was called back because he was forced out of bounds, while inthe air, while making a TD catch comes to mind. Another phantom holding call on a field goal that took an additional 3 points off the board comes to mind as well. Was it luck by your standards? Or just part of the game that enabled you to win a game like that. It all depends on which side of the fence you sit on that deams when to paly the luck card... :hmmm:

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 10:21 PM
Dude,
I'm not twisting anything. You said something and then elaborated on it after you were given an example of how your team lost the same type of game in the '97 regular season. I actually made the piont first that you said you made, which was that you overcame the loss and went on to win an even more important game. It's all here, right in front of you to read. I think you have "Spider - syndrome" or something cause you're sounding exactly like him now when someome points out an error of yours.

Lucky? It's always something woth DONX fans. Even when you win, it has to be some kind of "luck" involved. ROFL Every time I check the list of Super Bowl winners I never see an * by your first one. Some would call it luck, or the benefit of some calls that went your way in our place in the playoff game. Tony's TD that was called back because he was forced out of bounds, while inthe air, while making a TD catch comes to mind. Another phantom holding call on a field goal that took an additional 3 points off the board comes to mind as well. Was it luck by your standards? Or just part of the game that enabled you to win a game like that. It all depends on which side of the fence you sit on... :hmmm:

Despite those calls justified or not...the Chiefs still didn't win the game because they didn't over come the adversity.

TEX
09-15-2004, 10:24 PM
Despite those calls justified or not...the Chiefs still didn't win the game because they didn't over come the adversity.

Sure, I can accept that. And I used that same example last year when defending Dante's "lucky" clip punt return against you guys. Funny thing, it was never accepted by anyone on the Mane, nor is it to this day. Imagine that? :hmmm:

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Sure, I can accept that. And I used that same example last year when defending Dante's "lucky" clip punt return against you guys. Funny thing, it was never accepted by anyone on the Mane, nor is it to this day. Imagine that? :hmmm:

We weren't a great team then..and we aren't one now. To win that game we needed to do what we did on Sunday win the fourth quarter....we didn't do that. If we had...it wouldn't have come down to a blown call on the return.