PDA

View Full Version : Welbourn false start penalties

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 10:19 AM
What's the over/under this week against Carolina? Bob Dole figures he's good for at least 6.

KC Jones
09-16-2004, 10:21 AM
No way. He might get 1 or 2 due to facing Peppers, but he won't have the crowd noise factor that he did at Pile High. That was probably a bigger factor in the false starts than anything else.

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 10:39 AM
No way. He might get 1 or 2 due to facing Peppers, but he won't have the crowd noise factor that he did at Pile High. That was probably a bigger factor in the false starts than anything else.

Guess you didn't see the Dallas preseason game, huh?

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 10:43 AM

I agree.

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 10:44 AM
Guess you didn't see the Dallas preseason game, huh?

Also not a home game.

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Also not a home game.

Thanks for clarifying that. :rolleyes:

Also no noise to speak of.

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks for clarifying that. :rolleyes:

Also no noise to speak of.

So, he had a couple of false starts at Dallas, in preseason (admittedly, there was no crowd noise) and 2 false starts and a hands-to-the-face penalty, AT Denver, in his first game as a starter and you expect him to have SIX false start penalties, AT HOME.

Come on Bob. You're not suited for the "doom and gloom" crowd.

KCWolfman
09-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Pass on two messages Wellbourn

#1. The Neil Smith ruled has passed, you cannot flinch to draw the other side off

#2. You are on offense, you couldn't flinch before the rule was in effect.

ceebz
09-16-2004, 11:06 AM
meh. I say 2. It greatly depends on how the running game works though. I fully expect the Chiefs to do exactly what the Packers did and pound them with Holmes and Richardson.

If the Chiefs start getting into a lot of 3rd and long's, he may get 3 false starts.

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
Maybe we go with a quick snap the whole game , it reduse it down to one ?

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
So, he had a couple of false starts at Dallas, in preseason (admittedly, there was no crowd noise) and 2 false starts and a hands-to-the-face penalty, AT Denver, in his first game as a starter and you expect him to have SIX false start penalties, AT HOME.

Come on Bob. You're not suited for the "doom and gloom" crowd.

Bob Dole is seriously concerned that Peppers is going to be smacking the crap out of Green every time we're in an obvious passing situation. While Welbourn's run blocking looks just fine, his pass blocking leaves much to be desired.

Even without crowd noise, Bob Dole is concerned that he's going to be trying to get every advantage possible, and he's going to be jumping out of his stance a wee bit early. Repeatedly.

(Actually, the doom and gloom thing does make Bob Dole feel kind of dirty... If Lazarus feels like this all the time, it's no wonder he's so damned cranky.)

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Bob Dole is seriously concerned that Peppers is going to be smacking the crap out of Green every time we're in an obvious passing situation. While Welbourn's run blocking looks just fine, his pass blocking leaves much to be desired.

Even without crowd noise, Bob Dole is concerned that he's going to be trying to get every advantage possible, and he's going to be jumping out of his stance a wee bit early. Repeatedly.

(Actually, the doom and gloom thing does make Bob Dole feel kind of dirty... If Lazarus feels like this all the time, it's no wonder he's so damned cranky.)

It's a legitimate concern.

But two things:

1) It's not AT Denver, it's at Arrowhead and

2) He's now 2 starts post-Dallas further along in his development

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 11:23 AM
I was under the impression he has started all the games to dat... preseason and Denver.

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 11:24 AM
It's a legitimate concern.

But two things:

1) It's not AT Denver, it's at Arrowhead and

2) He's now 2 starts post-Dallas further along in his development

Bob Dole sincerely hopes you are right and it was the noise rather than the effect of repeatedly getting his ass kicked.

After further thought, Bob Dole will reduce his prediction to 4.

stevieray
09-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Gotta have faith!

Otter
09-16-2004, 11:51 AM
When we acquired him from Philly I asked a couple Eagles Fans about him and each of them said the same thing: "good blocker but watch out for offsides during the big plays".

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 12:02 PM
I was under the impression he has started all the games to dat... preseason and Denver.

The esteemed Senator referred specifically to Welbourn's poor showing in the Dallas game, a showing that was closer to his performance in Denver than his other three preseason starts.

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Gotta have faith!

Oh great. First Down Elvis has become First Down George Michael.

KCTitus
09-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Oh great. First Down Elvis has become First Down George Michael.

LOL!

stevieray
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
The esteemed Senator referred specifically to Welbourn's poor showing in the Dallas game, a showing that was closer to his performance in Denver than his other three preseason starts.

If you're lookin for troublle..
you come to the right place
If your lookin for trouble
Look right in my face....

I was born standing up
and talkin back....

Name that tune.....

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 03:33 PM

I was born standing up
and talkin back....

Name that tune.....

Suzi Quatro - <i>Trouble</i>

:p

htismaqe
09-16-2004, 04:00 PM

I was born standing up
and talkin back....

Name that tune.....

Wake me up, before you go-go

Name that tune...

stevieray
09-16-2004, 07:54 PM
Wake me up, before you go-go

Name that tune...

you tell me, you seem to be the GM fan, :thailor:

Bob Dole
09-19-2004, 08:58 AM
Bob Dole has some crow thawing with the hope that he has to eat it later this afternoon.

TEX
09-19-2004, 09:12 AM
What's the over/under this week against Carolina? Bob Dole figures he's good for at least 6.

I'll take the ubder here - but just barely...

Vindicator
09-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Bob Dole has some crow thawing with the hope that he has to eat it later this afternoon.

Bob Damed Dole, you da man!