PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to be the President of SMS? They are taking applications.

|Zach|
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Kaiser is stepping down in '05. This is your chance Planet members.

http://www.news.smsu.edu/news/releases/sept04/pres_search.htm

Presidential Search Committee discusses screening process

SPRINGFIELD — The official ads have been out less than a week and the deadline is not until Nov. 8, but already there are six applicants and 14 nominations for the new President at Southwest Missouri State University. On Thursday, the Presidential Search Committee spent time discussing the screening process it will use once it begins reviewing the applications after Nov. 8.

During yesterday’s two-hour meeting, the Committee agreed on threshold numbers for the screening process. More than 100 applications are expected for the position. The Committee agreed to screen the total to 18 for a more intense evaluation. Based on that evaluation, no more than eight will be chosen for interviews with the Committee. Ultimately, the three finalists will be forwarded to the Board of Governors for consideration.

“The Committee continues to define the process that will be used to select the finalists for president of SMS,” said Michael Franks, chair of the Search Committee. “By setting these target thresholds now, the Committee continues to fulfill its commitment to the original time frame and to a transparent process which is visible to our applicants, as well as the entire university community.”

Over the next several weeks, the Committee members will be drafting potential questions to ask both the candidates and the references for those candidates. The next meeting is scheduled for 3 p.m. Oct. 7.

Presidential Search web site address is: www.smsu.edu/presidentialsearch/

Rain Man
09-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Do I get my own helicopter? Because that's not negotiable.

|Zach|
09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
Do I get my own helicopter? Because that's not negotiable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/upload/2/29/Heli.robinsonr44.750pix.jpg

ChiTown
09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
If anyone were to actually read that article I posted, you'd learn that Thomas was stepping down after completing his "five year plan". :)

CP and Chancellor Thomas, separated at birth? :eek:

Rain Man
09-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Haha. It's purple. Rain Man's a homo.

I...uh...I have no response. I'll blame the last president.

|Zach|
09-16-2004, 02:18 PM
I...uh...I have no response. I'll blame the last president.
Kevin, unless you want to buy the craft yourself you either get the purple one or this one...

http://yoshi.2yr.net/pics/pics-from-cyp/yoshi-the-helicopter.gif

Rain Man
09-16-2004, 02:19 PM
If anyone were to actually read that article I posted, you'd learn that Thomas was stepping down after completing his "five year plan". :)

It seems like no one gets through college in four years any more.

Demonpenz
09-16-2004, 02:19 PM
i was in springfield over the weekend, i went to the small town known as bass pro shop

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2004, 03:24 PM
You mean the future president of THE Missouri State University. :clap:

|Zach|
09-16-2004, 03:25 PM
You mean the future president of THE Missouri State University. :clap:
Has that passed?

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Has that passed?

Not yet it will though.

It's one thing to drop the Southwest... no need to add the definite article.

I was just making fun of THE Ohio State University.

Skip Towne
09-16-2004, 03:51 PM
Do you have to know anything to get that job?

Rain Man
09-16-2004, 04:09 PM
It's one thing to drop the Southwest... no need to add the definite article.

As an aside, in grad school, we were specifically instructed that the proper name for our university was "The University of Texas at Austin."

NOT

University of Texas - Austin
The University of Texas
UT-Austin
etc., etc.

Skip Towne
09-16-2004, 04:41 PM
My diploma says, "The University of Missouri" in real big letters across the top. Buried in all the words at the bottom is, "completed at the campus in the city of Rolla". I wish it said "University of Missouri - Rolla" across the top. I don't want people thinking I went to MU.
Me either.

ChiefsCountry
09-16-2004, 06:44 PM
On the flipside... it beats having the word "Kansas" on there.

There's not a single university in Kansas I'd want a degree from.

It's because you already have a high school dipolma.

Skip Towne
09-16-2004, 06:48 PM
On the flipside... it beats having the word "Kansas" on there.

There's not a single university in Kansas I'd want a degree from.
There's not a single University in Kansas that would give you a degree. So there!