PDA

View Full Version : Late breaking 37 Forever Banquet news - this is a big development.

Phobia
09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Joe Delaney's College coach and a former teammate (whom lockered next to him) will be coming to the Banquet on Sept 27th. They will be speaking briefly about Joe and giving a presentation. Additionally, they'll have several Joe Delaney related items from the NorthWestern State trophy case on display. This is a huge development for us. We've been trying to make this happen for years.

We'll also be showing the segment ESPN created for the 20th Anniversary of the tragedy last summer. 37 Forever helped put this segment together, in fact - it has been said that it wouldn't have aired without our assistance.

Finally, the Chiefs Alumni banquet is that weekend and they'll be including information about 37 Forever's beginnings and progress in their presentation to all the former players.

There are still some tickets available. Check the stickied thread at the top of the Lounge for details.

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Cool. I love it when a plan comes together !

Bowser
09-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Great job, Phob! Sounds like this has been a goal of yours for some time. Congrats!

go bo
09-16-2004, 07:30 PM
outstanding! :toast:

i look forward to hearing the presentation...

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 08:01 PM
That is absolutely too damned cool.

Bob Dole certainly hopes that this year is the year that we finally get over that "hump" and really start rolling with this thing. Stuff like this can do nothing but help that happen!

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 08:04 PM
The press needs to have this info ASAP .

Iowanian
09-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Outstanding.

Hope it the gas this good fire needs.

Does ESPN or SI have information about Delany finally being put in the ring of fame?

Phobia
09-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Outstanding.

Does ESPN or SI have information about Delany finally being put in the ring of fame?

Good idea. ESPN does and they intend to run the segment again during the weekend.

Iowanian
09-16-2004, 08:11 PM
I thought they might want to "follow up" or something.

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Outstanding.

It would be great to get them to do a followup with the intro and banquet that weekend! :thumb:

Bob Dole
09-16-2004, 08:12 PM
The press needs to have this info ASAP .

Bob Dole agrees. Post your draft press release here and we'll have a group proofread of it before you send it.

ROYC75
09-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Bob Dole agrees. Post your draft press release here and we'll have a group proofread of it before you send it.

No no no ... my idea, you get to write it ! ROFL

Mark M
09-17-2004, 07:41 AM
Actually, I can get a press release done today.

If that's okay with everyone, who should receive it and who will be sending it out to the media.

Phobia
09-17-2004, 12:08 PM
Might as well send it out to Adam. He has all the media email addresses.

Smitty, did you see this?

Demonpenz
09-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Kcnut is sending it out as we speek

KS Smitty
09-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Might as well send it out to Adam. He has all the media email addresses.

Smitty, did you see this?

Just now. This is great! Other than football cards I don't think I've seen any authentic Joe Delaney memorabilia, that is, items that identify/personify Joe. Looking forward to this big time!!!

Mark M
09-17-2004, 12:34 PM
Kcnut is sending it out as we speek
Is that a joke, or are you being serious (because kcnut is a writer) ... ?

MM
~~:shrug:

Raiderhater
09-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Is that a joke, or are you being serious (because kcnut is a writer) ... ?

MM
~~:shrug:

Five will get you ten it is a joke. ;)

Jenson17
09-17-2004, 01:05 PM
hey guys, a head's up; I think kcnut must be on the staff of the Wichita Eagle Beacon....he lives there, right? Anyway it's his style, anyway...

Back to Home > Friday, Sep 17, 2004

Sports

email this print this
Posted on Fri, Sep. 17, 2004

"37Forever" Banquet in KC Set to Honor Joe Delaney

How many of you member Joe Delaney? He a former Chief running back who drownded, whil savin' some young 'uns a while back. Joe Delaney's his College coach and former team player (whom locker and shower next to him) will be going to a Banquet on Sept 27th at Arrawhed stadium in KC. They will be speeking bout Joe and giving a good talk. Alzo, they be having some of Joe Delaney's stuff from his good ole day at North Western State Univurcit--stuff like his drawers, his swet pants, and bloomers from a pantie rade Joe went on at kollege. This is a gigantick event and should be loads of fun. They tried to do dis here for years.

They show also a ESPN piece to member this sad and trajik event on its 20th anivecary. To finish, the Chiefs Alumni banquet is dat weekend too. And they be gvin' info and shit about 37 Forever's start and how they dun in da yeers since, while they give stuff to all the former players.

You can still mak it, if ya want. There are sum tickets avalabl. Check wit Phil at www.chiefsplanet.com for more info and shit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reach new Eagle sports columnist Brad Essex at 268-6597 or blutz@wichitaeagle.com.

email this print this

Jenson17
09-17-2004, 01:16 PM
hey guys, a head's up; I think kcnut must be on the staff of the Wichita Eagle Beacon....he lives there, right? Anyway it's his style, anyway...

Sports

email this print this

How many of you member Joe Delaney? He a former Chief running back who drownded, whil savin' some young 'uns a while back. Joe Delaney's his College coach and former team player (whom locker and shower next to him) will be going to a Banquet on Sept 27th at Arrawhed stadium in KC. They will be speeking bout Joe and giving a good talk. Alzo, they be having some of Joe Delaney's stuff from his good ole day at North Western State Univurcit--stuff like his drawers, his swet pants, and bloomers from a pantie rade Joe went on at kollege. This is a gigantick event and should be loads of fun. They tried to do dis here for years.

They show also a ESPN piece to member this sad and trajik event on its 20th anivecary. To finish, the Chiefs Alumni banquet is dat weekend too. And they be gvin' info and shit about 37 Forever's start and how they dun in da yeers since, while they give stuff to all the former players.

You can still mak it, if ya want. There are sum tickets avalabl. Check wit Phil at www.chiefsplanet.com for more info and shit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reach new Eagle sports columnist Brad Essex at 268-6597 or blutz@wichitaeagle.com.

email this print this

This Brad dude ought to take a couple of English/Comp courses, I think....funny the Eagle Beacon would hire him. :hmmm:

Jenson17
09-17-2004, 01:17 PM
This Brad dude ought to take a couple of English/Comp courses, I think....funny the Eagle Beacon would hire him. :hmmm:

Maybe he's an affirmative action hire?

Demonpenz
09-17-2004, 01:19 PM
For some reason i can't get excell to download off the internet, but i am coming to the party on saturday phobs

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
For some reason i can't get excell to download off the internet, but i am coming to the party on saturday phobs

Find any computer with EXCEL, and you should be able to download it.... :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM

Sports

email this print this

email this print this

Nice write up, Brad!

:shake:

Mark M
09-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Nice write up, Brad!

:shake:

Um ... I think that was a joke.

MM
~~:spock:

Raiderhater
09-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Whoever is the parody Jenson17 is forgetting to log back out of that user profile before responding to him/herself.

They also butchered the kcnut piece, the nut don't use punctuation.

Mark M
09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
BTW, what is the name of the coach? I need that for the press release. The player's name would also be great, as would any mention of former/current Chiefs who will be there.

Thanks!

MM
~~:)