PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Planet Members... WTH is "Cider Days"

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 02:01 PM
There is this Cider Days thing going down on Walnut St. So basically I can't part within 100 miles of my apartment until its over.

What is this little shindin festival that is taking up my whole street?

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I hope I can get some free stuff out of it at least.

KCTitus
09-17-2004, 02:04 PM
Is it anything like Raytown's Round Up days? probably just as gay.

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh, wow. This sounds gay as hell. I'd be pissed if it was surrounding my apartment.

Do you have a balcony? Invite some friends over, buy a couple thirty racks, sit on the balcony getting shitty and heckling passersby.
Damn, that sucks...I thought it might at least be a deal where a lot of the stands made good food.

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 02:06 PM
its where the fags,hippies,christian right and the filthy rich get together and rub each other in porta-poties.
like them things in NY but theres a minamal cover charge.

Demonpenz
09-17-2004, 02:07 PM
Taken from Springfield.com

MAYOR GREETS STEVE DAVIS

Running back Steven Davis took time out of his season and impending death to greet Fans at the twelvetenth biannual Cider festivel held near and around Zach's place

ptlyon
09-17-2004, 02:07 PM
OH - thanks for clearing that up.

All I know is when you cut your finger you soak it in cider.

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Taken from Springfield.com

MAYOR GREETS STEVE DAVIS

Running back Steven Davis took time out of his season and impending death to greet Fans at the twelvetenth biannual Cider festivel held near and around Zach's place
ROFL

Braincase
09-17-2004, 02:30 PM
"Cider Days"? I'd guess it's like Oktoberfest for Lightweights.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Cider Days is a great place to hang out if you enjoy pottery, stained glass or glass blowing. I think it's a perfect fit for you Zach.

go bo
09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Cider Days is a great place to hang out if you enjoy pottery, stained glass or glass blowing. I think it's a perfect fit for you Zach.blowing glass??

kinky! :p :p :p

Saulbadguy
09-17-2004, 02:41 PM
We have a cider days too, here in Topeka. Its pretty gay.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Here's the official description for Zach. (http://itsalldowntown.com/Article.asp?Filter=AnnualEvents&ArticleID=217)

Cider Days on Walnut Street, a fall celebration of the visual and performing arts, will be held from 10 am - 5 pm, September 18th and 19th, 2004, from National Avenue to John Q. Hammons Parkway in Springfield, Missouri. Admission is $3.00, 12 and under are free. This marks the 7th year for the event.

Approximately 75 artisans from across the region will be displaying, demonstrating and selling their juried arts and crafts on historic Walnut Street. Mediums include clay, fabric, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed medium, painting, paper, photography, printmaking and wood.

Cider Days also features a wealth of other activities--Scarecrow Village, a free hands-on children’s area, pedal tractor pull, a bed race, artist demonstrations, two performance stages, vintage cars, food and more.

Cider Days on Walnut Street is sponsored by the Walnut Street Merchants Association and managed by Urban Districts Alliance. For more information, visit www.udaonline.org or call (417) 831-6200.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Shit, I didin't even see that. Color me stupid. :banghead:

tiptap
09-17-2004, 02:51 PM
There is this Cider Days thing going down on Walnut St. So basically I can't part within 100 miles of my apartment until its over.

What is this little shindin festival that is taking up my whole street?

Wait until spring and ArtsFest. You will be 200 miles from your apartment.

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Wait until spring and ArtsFest. You will be 200 miles from your apartment.

makes silverdollar city look like the hilton.

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 03:09 PM
I only live 60 miles from you. You can park in my yard.

Ghostof
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
LoL, I thought this was going to be a "Louisburg Ciderfest" Thread.

Its like 20-40K people come from all over drinking cider, eating cider donuts, having a cider orgy if you will, and they always have crafts.

I worked there for a month a long ass time ago, I dont drink the cider...i know what gives it the "tangy" taste.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 03:12 PM
I only live 60 miles from you. You can park in my yard.
I didn't realize you lived that close. Time to move further north.

Raiderhater
09-17-2004, 03:13 PM
We have a cider days too, here in Topeka. Its pretty gay.

That pretty much describes Topeka in general.

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 03:13 PM
I just saw a stand for funnel cakes and corn dogs so that makes it a little better.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I just saw a stand for funnel cakes and corn dogs so that makes it a little better.
Ebbet's Field will be selling beer.....then again you can buy beer elsewhere and avoid the $3 entry fee.

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 03:15 PM
I love Ebbets Field

Raiderhater
09-17-2004, 03:20 PM

Funnel cakes.... :drool:

Rain Man
09-17-2004, 03:23 PM
It's not Cider Days. It's Spider Days. If I was you, I wouldn't go outside for a while.

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Zach my *crew* is gonna have a kegger midtown sometime here in the next month or so.
You are invited.
Ill pm you w/ an addy when the time comes.
if and when you show just tell em *marvelous matt* sent you.

Should be a nice turn out.These are nice people,WTF they hang w/ me i dunno.

|Zach|
09-17-2004, 03:24 PM
Zach my *crew* is gonna have a kegger midtown sometime here in the next month or so.
You are invited.

Sounds great, I appreciate it.

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
Oh man, a MOHillbilly part? Color me jealous.

Delt if youre ever in my hood,hit me up.I can drink w/ the best of em'.
BUT if i start talking to my fists time to cut me off.FYI!ROFL

ChiefsOne
09-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Cider Days on Walnut Street, a fall celebration of the visual and performing arts, will be held from 10 am - 5 pm, September 18th and 19th, 2004, from National Avenue to John Q. Hammons Parkway in Springfield, Missouri. Admission is $3.00, 12 and under are free. This marks the 7th year for the event.

Approximately 75 artisans from across the region will be displaying, demonstrating and selling their juried arts and crafts on historic Walnut Street. Mediums include clay, fabric, fiber, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed medium, painting, paper, photography, printmaking and wood.
[QUOTE]

Sounds like the Walnut Street ArtFest.

JimNasium
09-17-2004, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE]

Sounds like the Walnut Street ArtFest.
It essentially is, just the Fall version.

Duck Dog
09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Is that where they serve Dicken Cider?

Skip Towne
09-17-2004, 03:35 PM
You are invited.

I thought you were banned from Springfield.

Bwana
09-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Do you have a balcony? Invite some friends over, buy a couple thirty racks, sit on the balcony getting shitty and heckling passersby.

One or two well placed bird bombs may also help to expedite the dispersal of the crowd. :thumb:

MOhillbilly
09-17-2004, 03:39 PM
If you're talking to your fists, there's no way I'm doing anything as crazy as come between you and your liquor. I'll just tell ya some other guy was talking shit about your moms... so as to reduce the chances you end up beating my ass.

i dont beat someone i invited regardless, there is a certain amount of protection that comes w/ an invite.
Though the *hey matt that guys talking about something* has turned out very bad on a few occasions.

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 03:39 PM
Any cute 16 year olds working at the booths? You should try inviting them up for a beer.
No! No!

You ask if she'd like a Dicken's Cider.

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Is that where they serve Dicken Cider?
D@mn you DD!!! Endo had the perfect setup and you squander the payoff.

:cuss: :cuss:

Baby Lee
09-17-2004, 03:41 PM
Well, you have to ask her friend that.

"Hey, would your friend like a Dicken's Cider?"
Tell her she can have it in the can.

Deberg_1990
09-17-2004, 03:53 PM
I think everytown in America has one of these things.....it doesnt matter what its called......Raytown Roundup, Santa Caligon, Cidar Days, Cole Younger days, they are all the same....here is San Antonio we have Strawberry Festival...